Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
August 5, 2013 @ 04:11 PM
omddesigns

Trust us...
www.omddesigns.com

August 8, 2013 @ 05:42 PM
omddesigns

You're distorting type too much (stretching, squishing, weird perspectives). You use too many script fonts and I don't believe that Huf shirt is real.

Also it's tees not "tee's":

"Wow somebodies hating hard"... How about instead of judging work... uuuh go make some moves plaiir! Get out there! Get exposure! Theres so many things to do so many people to meet! Obviously I caught your attention enough to critique... means Im doing my job!  To answer all your questions.... Networkings a hell of a tool its what obviously got the gig to do designs that you noticed... GET GOING PLAIIR! GET THERE B! MAKE SOME MOVES! SHARE YOUR MIND WITH THE WORLD! 

BEST AND POSITIVE!

KEEP PUSHING KEEP RISING!  STAY OPEN MINDED...
August 8, 2013 @ 10:46 PM
ak

Come on man. He's giving you a critique, some people pay money for other's to look over their work or for their advice. It's pretty ironic that you call yourself open minded designs but can't seem take other peoples criticisms without pulling the "I love haters" card. 
August 9, 2013 @ 08:10 AM
Backspace

Lol someone is an insecure faggot with valid constructive criticism. Keo is right, your username is ironic. With a response like that i wouldn't think twice of doing business with you. How unprofessionally handled. Take the critique for what its worth and maybe consider making changes as an actual good designer would do.

btw ur kerning game fucked up between "K" and "E" in "pocket" b
August 9, 2013 @ 03:42 PM
THEYCALLMEVINCE

HAHA.  Dude pulled the hater card on the first real piece of constructive criticism.

On the serious, the last 8-10% of a design's flaws is always seen by someone other than you. Why?  Because you've been looking at the piece too long.  Simple enough.  So if someone gives you small piece of feedback, take it with a grain of salt.  Even the best designers in the world have someone they can go to and show their ideas and work too.  Humility is a HUGE play in the design world as much as networking.

On that note: 

-The hemp leaf: Are these tees being made of hemp products?  If not, lose the leaf.  It doesn't do anything for the design other than show you're a stoner.  

-Spring 2013: It might be metrically balanced, but visually, it looks like it's left heavy.  Rotate that thing over by a degree or two. 

-That triangle thing behind the pocket tee shape.  What's the use for it in the design?  

Art Director // Illustrator // Nacho Enthusiast // www.THEYCALLMEVINCE.com

August 9, 2013 @ 04:30 PM
omddesigns

KEEP PUSHING KEEP RISING.. smile 
August 9, 2013 @ 05:17 PM
THEYCALLMEVINCE

Keep backpedaling. 

Humility.  Don' be afraid to admit you fucked up.  Every designer fucks up and fails at some point in their career. That's how you get better. Fail Harder can be some powerful words, especially if you're not afraid to.

You calling that dude out and telling him to "make moves" was a defensive mechanism because you thought you were going to get a lot of props. If he were a college professor and you a student, you wouldn't had said a thing.  Right now he's more than that—he's a colleague in the same field trying to make your work better and you try to blast his ass—on the internet of all places.

August 10, 2013 @ 05:26 PM
omddesigns

August 10, 2013 @ 05:26 PM
omddesigns

Whoa hypebeast fanatics take this stuff serious... 

To answer your question  "they call me Vince" uuuh I use to always have a remark or a response for my professors....
sorry brotha... Its just who I am... Art is a free state of mind.. is it not? So to critique some art.. not a big deal... but to knock a hustle and point out minor things of nothing yeah.... to much free time on one persons hands.. All I am saying is everybody has to eat right? Well instead of posting random stuff and trying call people out.... with no knowledge of knowing who or what they've worked on or with... Why not take those comments and thoughts and turn it into a piece of art.. make it a beautiful thing.. make it better then yours.mine,grandmas,the dog, who ever... and express that into the way you think it should be done.. But until then art has no right or wrongs....  ART IS ART... 

express yourself...

KEEP PUSHING KEEP RISING! 
August 10, 2013 @ 07:54 PM
Black Jew

smh @ OP.
I hate having to work with people with your kind of attitude.
August 10, 2013 @ 11:45 PM
THEYCALLMEVINCE

First off, I don't know why you put quotations around my handle when addressing me--€”like it was some kind of subversive attempt to call me fake.

Secondly, Art is a free state of mind, that's why it's art. The difference you fail to see is that art doesn't have to work, design does.  

Design is a rigorous thing. In the end a client is paying YOU money to give them a design/brand/logo/etc that will communicate an idea effectively.  That's why designers nitpick the last little bits and critique things, because to be a designer (and especially and art director) you have to obsess over the things people won't care about but will notice. In the end, as a designer you must defend your design or accept the critique, you have have done neither.

You have a company called Open Minded Design and so far you as a representation of your company shows that you are NOT open minded.  You call people haters and give them a persona of being negative (and telling us to create art as a slack attempt to show you're better than they are) when we as designers are doing what designers do.  Designers look for good in work so that we can learn from what people have done right, but we also search for flaws in design, it's because we as designers/art directors can learn more from flaws as well--”maybe even more so.

I do make art and I do make design.  I'm way more lax about my illustrations and art pieces in comparison to my design work, because at the end of the day art is for me so I don't care what people think about my form of expression.  On the other hand, as a designer I will nit pick go insane over a piece to make it perfect (as in the best the medium will allow me to do) because at the end of the day that piece of design--”whether it be an ad, logo, tshirt design, poster, etc--”is for someone else and I will only give them the best.

PS. Ease up on the use of ellipses.  It makes it look like you can't type out a coherent thought/idea.

Please login first to reply.