July 16, 2013 @ 09:03 PM
shady0ps

I want honest criticism.

the black isn't included in the final cut
July 17, 2013 @ 02:26 AM
Shanklin

Your circles don't look clean, its very pixelated, and to me it looks kinda bland. But I dig how you can tell its binoculars though.

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

July 17, 2013 @ 06:39 AM
keo_

1. who is the client and what are they about?
2. who is the audience..ie who is this trying to be marketed too?

the first one, the type screams halloween party. 
the second, the has a graffiti tag look which is cool but i get the the 8bit/glitched out pattern inside the binoculars. 

blog.anthonykeo.com

July 17, 2013 @ 06:58 AM
shady0ps

1. who is the client and what are they about?
2. who is the audience..ie who is this trying to be marketed too?

the first one, the type screams halloween party. 
the second, the has a graffiti tag look which is cool but i get the the 8bit/glitched out pattern inside the binoculars. 
This is a personal brand. I guess it's targeted to people that live the same lifestyle as me. skaters, taggers, youth in general, and can you be more specific about your opinion on the first one
July 17, 2013 @ 11:39 AM
Backspace

honestly took me a bit to realize they were binoculars.

could you tell us what this brand represents/ is about and your brand goals?  (not what you mentioned as your targeted people in previous post)

what sparked the inception of this brand idea?
July 17, 2013 @ 04:32 PM
shady0ps

The brand name is Shady Operations. The operations part is plotting and scheming. Shady can mean two things: doing whatever it takes to scheme for whatever, dreams, money, etc. Or shady meaning cool like sitting under a tree on  a hot day. It means both, the people who live the street life are always scheming, sometimes they have to be shady, but overall they are really cool people , hence the definitions.

Also, when i think of operations, I usually think spy and spies often use binoculars, that's where  the logo comes in.
The goals for the brand is to have badges and stickers done by fall 2013. Then began t-shirt and hoodie desgin by winter.
July 17, 2013 @ 08:39 PM
round.

Looks very unprofessional, like it was made in paint in a couple minutes, work on making it more clean, change the font, its babyish.
July 18, 2013 @ 12:40 AM
shady0ps

Looks very unprofessional, like it was made in paint in a couple minutes, work on making it more clean, change the font, its babyish.
it's not finished yet
July 24, 2013 @ 12:51 AM
bernardtheblack

it's not finished yet
I second round's comment, also including that I think the font reminds me of halloween, which keo had also mentioned. At first the binoculars looks like weird handcuffs. Could you update with a finished version?
July 24, 2013 @ 08:18 AM
Olive C

Agree with above, change the font for sure. The design isn't bad, but needs to be cleaned up, done with a pro tool. I would suggest trying a font that has the same thickness of lines to match the binoculars, something block-ish. I like how it looks like a cross between binoculars and brass knuckles. Good luck!
July 31, 2013 @ 03:01 AM
Ace-Clothing

I think you have a great start-point, since you have a great initial draft and a distinct idea. As most people have said try to clean it up especially with the font. I'd also suggest using a lighter tone of that purple to make it a little less harsh on the eyes.
July 31, 2013 @ 02:30 PM
3>2.96

I like it. It does not appeal to me cause I am not part of that lifestyle but I do say you can tell they are binoculars and to me with the right design and marketing you can take off with this. By making different designs of the logo such as a camo or galaxy shirt or hoodie maybe. If this is the end product it does need a little bit of re-touching. Also a different font would maybe do it a little bit more justice maybe something more bold. 

3296.us “Hell, there are no rules here – we’re trying to accomplish something.” – Thomas A. Edison

August 1, 2013 @ 05:37 AM
shady0ps

new update: 
Yeah i know the circle is still pixelated but i'm working on it. Also I made a slight name change. Should I keep the black or should have stayed with the purple?
August 1, 2013 @ 11:49 PM
Shanklin

Much better imo. Maybe use purple, or forrest green (or w/e color night vision is) for the reflections. And maybe make the inside of the binoculars lens a lesser shade of grey, purple, or nightvision green, too...If you google "binoculars" there are some decent examples of what I mean.

http://kevinshanklin.com/ IF YOU HAVE A FFFOUND.COM INVITE MSG ME

August 2, 2013 @ 01:49 AM
lovedmndlife

id personally drop the circle, much better than the first though

instagram/twitter: dadonnyd

August 3, 2013 @ 07:01 PM
Backspace

honestly, i would drop the design all together. Maybe dont ditch it, but seriously consider making many ideations of other logos with pen and paper. Stretch the range of variety then post your new ideas for more feedback. Falling in love with your very first design idea is a very unwise move if you want to ensure that you absolutely have the best idea moving forward. Again, just fill up a blank sheet of paper COMPLETELY with all kinds of logo ideas no matter how clean or rough and post them.

the BEST logos in the world are the ones that still work with only black and white (2 colors). They don't need to rely on other colors to make a strong impact
August 11, 2013 @ 04:28 AM
Ulrich

The first one looked like tits. Just my dumbass opinion. Anyone feel me?

Please login first to reply.