Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
May 1, 2013 @ 01:47 AM
delio08

where do you send your shit to be made

ANY DIGI FLORAL JANOSKI SIZE 8

May 1, 2013 @ 01:49 AM
delio08

Just want some feedback and for people as well as me to start your own clothes

ANY DIGI FLORAL JANOSKI SIZE 8

May 1, 2013 @ 04:47 AM
VNDTAkast

get a name. design. and find a printer near you area to do your shirts.

www.VNDTA.com

May 2, 2013 @ 02:12 AM
anyx_co

Most difficult question because its not that simple. You need to do everything at once! sounds crazy right?! Well in order to get a trademark,copyright etc. for your name thats gonna take a least $1k to get the ball rolling. then you need to have some designs ready to print and a customer base that is waiting to buy your product. So its always best to start local do a google search of screen printers in your area. look for 0 to low minimums and low setup fees. also its a good idea to use a very basic color pallet, and let your designs do most of the work. The more colors you want on a shirt the more expensive it'll be so keep that in mind. Think of the startup process as a way to refine your brand idea and image based on public opinion and feedback. 

hope this helps! check me out on IG or Twitter man. 

@anyx_co

May 3, 2013 @ 08:47 PM
Byh2o

The thing to do is not get ahead of yourself.  Watch the playing field for ATLEAST one year steadily working up designs and (possibly) shadowing under people who know what their doing.  I think great brands are built around a communal group of like minded individuals who like the brand for it's message, and aesthetic.

character based designer run brand since two-thousand nine. www.PLAANT.net

May 3, 2013 @ 11:18 PM
zonkas

I am currently lead designer for a upcoming clothing co called 
http://cignatureclothing.com/  the owner sends the shit to miami to be printed
May 4, 2013 @ 12:35 PM
kumasiii

print locally 
May 5, 2013 @ 12:51 AM
davidbolin

The thing to do is not get ahead of yourself.  Watch the playing field for ATLEAST one year steadily working up designs and (possibly) shadowing under people who know what their doing.  I think great brands are built around a communal group of like minded individuals who like the brand for it's message, and aesthetic.

A year - while working at it every single day - is perfect time. Your ideas will be worlds apart from when you first started by then. Too many people rushing into it these days with nothing/barely anything to say. Way too many.
May 6, 2013 @ 01:15 AM
Camino

If you are starting a brand and not just t-shirts, then you need to do a lot more than creating some designs and getting them printed. That's the easy part. Getting people to actually buy your tees is where you need to focus. Waiting a year to drop is good, but not always necessary. If you do choose to go that route, then you should spend that time building relationships within the streetwear community (like store owners, bloggers and other brands). Shake hands and make friends. Develop a buzz by creating an online presence with a blog, on social media and on forums - like this one. When developing your brand, make sure you have something that separates you from other shops. Hopefully theirs a story behind your brand. Start with a dope concept and build on it. T.I.T.S. is good example of this. T.I.T.S. does more than just put girls on tees. They have legit concepts and use original photography that has spawned a sh!t load of imitators. LegalZoom.com can help you with the legal part of your company. Hopefully this helps get you started and Google can finish up with any other information.

http://www.bangwithcamino.com - Dope Gear x Dope Chicks x Other Dope Sh.t

May 12, 2013 @ 02:42 AM
bnj

these are all great legal/business suggestions, but i would also add: make something from the heart you and your friend enjoy. money can get you all the legal/biz end of it afterwards, but you can never buy that 1st part. 

http://www.benjaminescobar.com

May 15, 2013 @ 04:16 AM
Sam G

I can help with web design if you're interested. Shoot me an email at sam@samgehman.com
May 18, 2013 @ 01:42 PM
dougphotos

glad rags ink! do it now.
May 19, 2013 @ 03:04 AM
wampwamp

glad rags holds it down for sure.
May 31, 2013 @ 07:21 AM
WhoIsCaesar

Please don't be like those other wack designers that put a basic ass design on a Gildan shirt.

I hashtagged the hashtag and trademarked the trademark

May 31, 2013 @ 11:25 AM
kumasiii

lmao who uses gildan
June 13, 2013 @ 06:56 PM
niq

being in the business for about 5 years...seen alot of trial and error with alot of brands

develop some designs/concepts...show em to friends and internet, get some feedback. 

print a small run of shirts and just promo them to ppl to get a buzz. take advantage of tumblr, IG, twitter and just spread the word.

it doesnt always work printing a big run of various designs without establishing yourself...gonna be left with alot of stock. then again this is from one view, theres tons of ways to push ur brand.

BLACK-SCALE.COM

June 15, 2013 @ 06:42 AM
TheLegendaryTrap

You could always screen print your own t-shirts, lately I've been trying to start a company and I found it easier to just print my own tees since i'm producing small quantities and don't have a lot of money.

$ -Video/Photography/Design- $

July 29, 2013 @ 05:30 PM
Ulrich

Print at small scale 3 times. I was successful the first two then I lost momentum at the third good thing I didnt take a loss.
July 31, 2013 @ 08:00 PM
Fitch

The first rule is never put the word "clothing" or "apparel" in the brand name or domain name. The second is to not use the word "lifestyle" in your about page.

If you do either, you already failed.
August 2, 2013 @ 05:48 PM
omddesigns

August 2, 2013 @ 06:45 PM
Ulrich

The first rule is never put the word "clothing" or "apparel" in the brand name or domain name. The second is to not use the word "lifestyle" in your about page.

If you do either, you already failed.
dont put supply co either pls.
August 11, 2013 @ 05:10 AM
YOSOY Co.

in this day and age the internet is a damn good tool so you need to use the fuck out of it. 

yosoy.bigcartel.com

September 19, 2013 @ 03:16 AM
son of autumn

http://instagram.com/p/cYZRKexy6l/

read this. 

Brand: Profound Aesthetic www.profoundco.com My IG: @nabilzaidi

September 19, 2013 @ 03:16 AM
son of autumn

Brand: Profound Aesthetic www.profoundco.com My IG: @nabilzaidi

September 20, 2013 @ 02:52 AM
Ambessa

http://instagram.com/p/cYZRKexy6l/

read this
that was real as hell, mad love on your brand too man, congrats on all the success.

AmbessaDC.com IG: @ambessadc Twitter: @ambessadc

September 26, 2013 @ 07:21 PM
thehorseman

A good tip:

If you are going to outsource your production, as i did to China. Take a trip to the factory for quality check, and for better communication with the production company. It really helped me a lot.
September 27, 2013 @ 07:05 PM
ReSet

A good tip:

If you are going to outsource your production, as i did to China. Take a trip to the factory for quality check, and for better communication with the production company. It really helped me a lot.
This sounds very practical and excellent advice..
September 29, 2013 @ 03:30 AM
Ethanbane

Do your research, believe in what you're doing, be original and be GENUINE. Don't be a tee hustle "brand" scheming for the fast dollar.
November 5, 2013 @ 08:45 PM
weflippymane

It might be expensive but brand your designs on AAA tees or Champion tees

COZY BOYZ WORLDWIDE

November 10, 2013 @ 08:26 PM
Street Kitten

Many people who say "clothing line" really mean graphic design. Based on this forum i 99% sure you want to start off by printing on tees??

A lot of great advice here so i'll sum it up:
rule 1- Plan EVERYTHING and ask yourself these simple questions: who,what,when,where,why,how?? to your purpose of starting a clothing company. Specially in the States- you need a business plan to get a loan. A business plan essentially helps you plan and organize these types of questions. And the bank wants to know as well.

rule 2- Intend to do it yourself or have a team. I prefer a team. ONLY hire a graphic designer, web site developer, etc if you absolutely cannot DIY. The simple fact that your asking us here, your not ready to do anything and I wonder if you'll succeed. Use common sense- go online. Buy some books, take a class, join fashion groups. Fashion Designer websites is where you can find A LOT of answers.

rule 3- DO not look like everyone else. If you can not come up with your own designs without copying or being INSPIRED by others, your not ready yet. Trends can make or break you. Choose wisely or AVOID them.

rule 4: take your time/start simple: rushing in will almost always end in failure. Failing isn't always bad. You learn from mistakes so you don't do it in the future. DO not rush and buy machines and tools you may not need. You can "print" tees from home using basic household supplies and buying a few art tools.

If you want to know about what it takes to build your company enroll in www.skillshare.com classes

Please login first to reply.