FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
April 9, 2013 @ 10:30 PM
nvdriven

This is my first post on Hypebeast and im pretty sure i'll be posting more. It's also my first forum! But let me know opinions please.

@NVdriven | New Vision | Raw Class | NVRC | NVdrivenapparel.com

April 9, 2013 @ 10:46 PM
nvdriven

Thank you!

April 10, 2013 @ 12:08 AM
cudiondat

Any background to the details you included with this particular design? 
April 10, 2013 @ 12:20 AM
nvdriven

Any background to the details you included with this particular design? 
My Brand is called NV Driven...Driven by the eNVy of other and also pushing for a New Vision. Our Mascot is the Telescope Man in the top right

April 10, 2013 @ 04:08 PM
hellyeatica

It seems to clunky to me, the logo is huge and it looks kind of generic (not trying to be rude at all, just from a designer perspective). I do like the detail of the front tab at the bottom and the logo on the sleeve though. The logo is really detailed, how does it look shrunk down in real life? What if you put the logo in the middle made a circle encompass it and put the letterforms around it? Or either put it on the sleeve instead?  Is this a brand people already know about?

http://foodiesaurus.tumblr.com/

April 10, 2013 @ 04:15 PM
bnj

unless its panel printed it won't go from edge to edge (unless you manually pull a HUGE squeegee, even then it won't be perfect). 

also before i read its a telescope guy, i thought it was a man beating a tripod with a baseball bat. what if you just switch it to only a telescope?

http://www.benjaminescobar.com

April 10, 2013 @ 04:16 PM
hellyeatica

Yes design 101, keep it simple. It makes it way more versatile. 

April 11, 2013 @ 07:58 AM
nvdriven

It seems to clunky to me, the logo is huge and it looks kind of generic (not trying to be rude at all, just from a designer perspective). I do like the detail of the front tab at the bottom and the logo on the sleeve though. The logo is really detailed, how does it look shrunk down in real life? What if you put the logo in the middle made a circle encompass it and put the letterforms around it? Or either put it on the sleeve instead?  Is this a brand people already know about?
Don't worry about it dude, you're not being rude at all! I like different opinions, and i accept yours. The tab on the bottom is a woven label that is the NV Driven logo, and the sleeve is just a litte extra detail to it. I did this design a little to big. I mean, when a person wears it, regardless of their stature (Fat or skinny) the crew neck wont look like it says "Rive" instead of being able to read the full "Driven" clearly. Hope you understood that. I believe that whole Logo in a Circle design isnt very original. I've seen multiple brands due this. Yeah, people know about it lol Once again, thanks for your opinion sorry if my response came back rude.

April 11, 2013 @ 08:01 AM
nvdriven

unless its panel printed it won't go from edge to edge (unless you manually pull a HUGE squeegee, even then it won't be perfect). 

also before i read its a telescope guy, i thought it was a man beating a tripod with a baseball bat. what if you just switch it to only a telescope?
My friend that does my screen printing and I have already talked about it. He also told me it was "HUGE" so i re did it on a smaller scale but still stretches across the chest. I can see why you'd say that whole beating a tripod with a baseball bat lol but you have to understand this is just a mock up and im posted a Jpeg picture. Think about how it would look on a tangible sweater.  

April 11, 2013 @ 08:02 AM
nvdriven

Yes design 101, keep it simple. It makes it way more versatile. 
Elaborate more please, thank you!

April 11, 2013 @ 02:47 PM
bnj

You should really try just a telescope as a logo for it. I have a feeling it will look way cleaner and convey your message better.

http://www.benjaminescobar.com

April 11, 2013 @ 04:00 PM
hellyeatica

NVD, What I am getting at is basically the same point as bnj. The man and the tripod legs make it too busy, having just a really clean telescope maybe even the legs? It would make it more versatile to use on other things such as smaller logos and still be distinguishable. Look at logos of big businesses and see how they are clean and minimal. Be more abstract, less obvious. 

The reason people use the circle logos is to contain and keep a feeling of association between type and the logo. These are called combination logos. You could even change the angle of the tele to a 3/4 view and add the NV into the lens like it's looking out on your on another level. I'm just throwing ideas out... 

April 16, 2013 @ 11:30 PM
nvdriven

Yeah im debatng on a circle logo! 

Please login first to reply.