Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
May 29, 2012 @ 01:28 AM
biggieyo

hey guys, currently studying interior architecture and will be finished next year. i come from small ass town in Australia which has no jobs. So im thinking i will head up to the states when i finish. does anyone know the if there are many jobs in america in design, or even in pubs and clothes shops or anything.
June 21, 2013 @ 01:23 PM
Rudemiester

Come to New York. You won't regret it.
June 28, 2013 @ 01:53 AM
danieleussi

California! 
July 3, 2013 @ 12:24 AM
theh00d

Idk what the policies are regarding interior architecture in Australia
but in U.S or California at least, i heard it was against the law to be practicing interior architecture or be labeled as interior architect
even though they teach it in schools and shit
whats your emphasis/specialty though? Are you planning on doing interior design work or more architecture related?

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

July 5, 2013 @ 08:08 PM
Backspace

^^
Really????? against the law? that's odd. never heard of something like that.

my school has a program  that does incorporate "interior architecture" (if you call it that) furniture design, lighting and what not labeled as Environmental Design.

Could someone post examples of such "interior architecture"?
July 5, 2013 @ 09:56 PM
theh00d

^ I think it is in regards to your title
someone in California can't have the word 'architect' in their title if they are not a licensed architect
not sure if this applies to interior architect is what i'm trying to say 

ourdaysofbeingwild.tumblr.com Check my sale listing: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/212986

July 6, 2013 @ 02:19 AM
Backspace

Makes sense that the title only applies to being licensed....although makes me wonder, if "interior architects" go through some licensing process. Im sure the word "architect" is being used with some liberty when it comes to this title.
August 6, 2013 @ 09:44 AM
leenapaul76

Interior architect is same as interior designer, it is not only for some liberty but also for home designing or shop designing.
December 20, 2013 @ 12:08 PM
jaydenmoorie

Interior architecture combines the study of interior design and architecture. Interest in interior architecture has grown rapidly in recent years and America is the best place for this kind of interior designing jobs. Interior designer do work all type of home designing jobs like home automation, home decor, kitchen designs and renovations.
December 20, 2013 @ 05:33 PM
AllWeEverWanted

Move to an African city like Joburg, Cairo, Lagos, or Nairobi, some place in South America or Asia. This is where the future is, opportunity in the Euro-America is becoming slimmer and slimmer, most firms are doing projects in other parts of the world anyway. 

Please login first to reply.