Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
March 29, 2012 @ 10:16 PM
mrbailey

ConceptKicks is an online magazine dedicated to all things footwear design. From sketches, renderings and samples to inspirational images and tutorials, we try to shine the spotlight on the many amazing footwear designers in the industry, as well as inspiring and helping the next ones up.

www.ConceptKICKS.com

@MrBailey www.MrBailey.co.uk

April 6, 2012 @ 06:35 PM
mrbailey

vimeo.com/39891266

Here is a sketch teaser video done by Matt DeAlmeida for ConceptKICKS' up-coming video tutorials. From sketching to rendering, tech packs to color cads, we plan to showcase it all, so stay tuned...
http://www.ConceptKICKS.com

May 4, 2012 @ 06:37 PM
mrbailey

Just added this render teaser tutorial I did to the site, I'll be breaking this down into small in-depth tutorials.
vimeo.com/41532645

ConceptKICKS.com

June 18, 2012 @ 05:40 AM
wizdumb

Thumbs up to you sir ... great work

www.HeistAndCo.com 15% OFF Advance Apparel. Use Discount Code: HeistJ00

August 27, 2012 @ 09:42 AM
mrbailey

Just posted this interview with FEIT Co-Owner Josh Price
Check it out here

August 29, 2012 @ 11:42 PM
dopechick

Dope. I great way to look at designers that need some shine!
September 26, 2012 @ 10:18 AM
jionsmith

Hello,
Great design
Sign printing
September 26, 2012 @ 06:43 PM
Wash Pahpin

AHHHH YES

I am an industrial design student to this is instant bookmark man where the full tutorials at?

washpahpin.com

January 4, 2013 @ 11:17 AM
mrbailey

What's up man, you can check out all the tutorials at http://vimeo.com/conceptkicks we haven't posted any for a while but there should be some new ones, as well as new competitions soon.

March 3, 2013 @ 04:27 AM
macamasse

very cool content. like.

@_THEM • www.THEMEDIA.nu • www.THEMASSES.nu

September 23, 2013 @ 12:49 PM
mrbailey

We've just released our first ever ConceptKicks product on Kickstarter!

The aim being to raise enough funds to help start a ConceptKicks footwear design scholarship.For our first product release, we've teamed up with shoe entrepreNERD, charming grizzly bear and ConceptKicks founder, MrBailey to bring you a limited edition leather strap back baseball cap.

Taking elements synonymous to sneaker and design culture, we wanted to create a high quality, extremely detailed accessory that was a tangible extension of our creativity.

Please support our project and get yourself (or special someone) a limited (1 of 100) ConceptKicks leather strap back cap for a Kickstarter exclusive price of £25.There will only be 100 of these produced, so act fast!

Get yours here.

December 23, 2013 @ 08:54 PM
Street Kitten

congrats on the KS project! I'm looking into your site and various links. Sneakers are cool, but i feel the market is being over saturated or is there never enough kicks? I would much rather collab with a current sneaker co than create my own. My love is more towards heels and dress shoes. Not standard crap, but creative and fun designs that don't go too far into the deep end (avant gard).

Anywho, i'll keep up w/your  work. Also, I know it's not sneakers, but what is your thoughts on this companies offerings- http://www.shoesofprey.com 
January 11, 2014 @ 09:29 PM
mrbailey

congrats on the KS project! I'm looking into your site and various links. Sneakers are cool, but i feel the market is being over saturated or is there never enough kicks? I would much rather collab with a current sneaker co than create my own. My love is more towards heels and dress shoes. Not standard crap, but creative and fun designs that don't go too far into the deep end (avant gard).

Anywho, i'll keep up w/your  work. Also, I know it's not sneakers, but what is your thoughts on this companies offerings- http://www.shoesofprey.com 
Glad you like the site, and thanks for the congrats. You bring up some great points about sneakers and footwear in general, I actually touched base on some of the things you pointed out in a recent interview (You can check it out here if you like). The shoe/sneaker market has definitely been over saturated and grey'd out in a number of ways, but I still think we're in a very inspirational space in time within the footwear industry.

I checked out the link, the shoes the great, remind me a little of United Nude (which is a good thing imo), do you design for them?

Best,

MrB.

January 11, 2014 @ 09:47 PM
mrbailey

New, cleaner layout for the new, cleaner year.

www.ConceptKicks.com

January 28, 2014 @ 07:11 PM
Street Kitten

Glad you like the site, and thanks for the congrats. You bring up some great points about sneakers and footwear in general, I actually touched base on some of the things you pointed out in a recent interview (You can check it out here if you like). The shoe/sneaker market has definitely been over saturated and grey'd out in a number of ways, but I still think we're in a very inspirational space in time within the footwear industry.

I checked out the link, the shoes the great, remind me a little of United Nude (which is a good thing imo), do you design for them?

Best,

MrB.
No I do not work for them. They allow the customer to design their own shoe based on available heel styles and fabric. Shoe costs average $200-350. Seeing how much a shoe sample costs to get made, I can deal with $300 for a heel design close to my idea. Not many companies allow consumers to design a shoe with that many options. Shoe design is a hobby for me. Would be a great back up career, but my rendering skills are sub-par.

I totally agree with your statement in the interview. Just like fashion, there are some very interesting to almost bizarre designs out there coming from indie houses and major labels. Although most of it, the average consumer wouldn't touch. For eccentric designs that stand a chance, I think if they used cheaper materials w/o totally compromising the quality, it'll help bring the cost down and reach more people. Pretty much the same way high-end designers are creating 2nd lines for lower end markets. Just a thought. But the biggest issue is brand and style loyalty. There's folks who just won't go past conventional sneakers. And those are the consumers brands need that will pay $300-600 for sneakers. While normal Joes and Janes like myself wish we could have something that looked cool but can' afford it.

I like the new layout of the site. Very clean and simple. Also, the DC Ace TH Boot in black/blue- sexy.
January 28, 2014 @ 08:44 PM
questions

That X logo has been done to death years ago.

Try something else.

Please login first to reply.