Where are the BEST cut & sew manufacturers! On a budget.

Feb 19, 2012 @ 18:18
Hello im Greg
And recently trying to offer more by designing and creating specialty products. I haven't ever had to look for a cut and sew company. Sometimes it can be hard filtering all the bullshit out online to find the right guys. This is a new project so trying to do this on a budget is mandatory. If anybody could help with some specific places I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for all your help!
Feb 20, 2012 @ 18:04
I need answers too
Feb 20, 2012 @ 20:04
Not trying to be rude but I doubt anyone is going to tell you. People who run small clothing lines have to do the research themselves and find cut n sew manufacturers, so why would they just give away all the information to some stranger.
Feb 20, 2012 @ 22:35
@ Ron Burgundy -Well thats what forums are for. Asking good and crazy questions. I do my research, and some things have worked and other things have tanked. Just hoping somebody wants to help out. Plus if your in the clothing game anyway you should trust your original and different. Just because somebody tells me there cut and sew manufacturer doesn't mean I'm making the same shit they are. I see what your saying tho
Mar 11, 2012 @ 05:45
I get people asking for sources from me like once a week hah. But your best bet is to google and google and google some more. And when you think you have done enough research do more. If you find someone always be careful and try and build a relationship with them because i've heard dozens of horror stories from companies order a bunch of shirts and them not get done the proper way and then the company has a bunch of dead stock.

So stop asking because anyone with a head wont give up a reliable source. However some companies might middle man for you.

edmflavor.com

Mar 13, 2012 @ 12:24
lol
May 13, 2012 @ 19:18
Thanks Ryder
I haven't been on here in a while, but i finally found a place that cut and sews my garments. They do great work for a great price. I take care of them they take care of me. Thats what its all about. And yes it took a lot of research and swimming through the sea of bullshit to find the rite people.
May 13, 2012 @ 20:40
Cut and sew i've found to be asking for as high as 1,000 per order of design. Been recommended to grab already created cut n sew pieces and do your twist on it. Not the same. but thats what i've been told.
Jul 24, 2012 @ 14:17
So Greg are you going to spill the beans since you asked the question or is it a close guarded secret to you too now? blushing
Jul 24, 2012 @ 17:03
Best bet is to post an ad on your local craigslist I did this when I was thinking about going the cut & sew route but had to back out when I realized how expensive it was going to be. But I did get about 15 response within the first few days most of them were willing to do everything for me samples pattern's and even a small production run.
Jul 25, 2012 @ 11:54
I get people asking for sources from me like once a week hah. But your best bet is to google and google and google some more. And when you think you have done enough research do more.

Best bet is to post an ad on your local craigslist I did this when I was thinking about going the cut & sew route but had to back out when I realized how expensive it was going to be. But I did get about 15 response within the first few days most of them were willing to do everything for me samples pattern's and even a small production run.

Both of those are all you need. Just stay hunting man. And it would be better(and much much cheaper) to take an already existing pattern and put your own spin on it.
Sep 05, 2012 @ 16:40
Not trying to be rude but I doubt anyone is going to tell you. People who run small clothing lines have to do the research themselves and find cut n sew manufacturers, so why would they just give away all the information to some stranger.[/q
Exactly. When I was starting out many years ago I also asked more established people for those connections. Unless you have a real face-to-face relationship with them, nobody will tell you, because nobody told them.
Sep 08, 2012 @ 18:59
Now that I have good cut and sew people I totally understand why people dont want to give out that information. Its a lot of work finding that perfect fit for your company. I spent a lot of money figuring this out. Thank you everybody for your input. Good luck to all your endeavors!
Feb 20, 2014 @ 04:49
Go check out Yorday Design on Instagram, they are a cut and sew company with low minimums.
Mar 12, 2014 @ 20:20
you people are fucking stupid! "I'm not giving out any info because noone did it for me..." ... what a shitty attitude. any company who thinks they need to keep their manufacturer a secret has no real value anyway, create unique work and you wont have to fear your competition.
Mar 30, 2014 @ 23:16
Just make it yourself.
Jun 08, 2014 @ 07:32
check out 554lab.com
They do cut and sew.
Oct 11, 2014 @ 00:26
Check out www.apliiq.com, they'll help you with all your cut & sew needs.Made from Downtown Los Angeles.
Oct 14, 2014 @ 01:57
email: hamballzproduction@yahoo.com and send them your design. They can do pretty much anything for you, with low minimums. 
Oct 15, 2014 @ 07:47
Do most people stay USA based or out source to Asia?
Jul 11, 2015 @ 13:13
There was a program on Artbound a few weeks ago entitled "The State of Creativity."  It featured a men's clothing designer Buck Mason - in Venice, CA.  He said that if it weren't for the huge Cut  and Sew industry available near downtown LA, he wouldn't be in business.  He said that most don't have websites, you just walk down alleys and there they are!
Sep 10, 2015 @ 00:36
If you ever need Cut & Sewing Contractor for heavy weight fabrics (bags, back packs, outdoor shade products, patio,  action sports bags,....)  Call Us.  Core Covers located in Baja.
Oct 22, 2015 @ 21:19
Hi , you can try zegaapparel.com , they have low minimum of 30 pcs per cut and sew product and variety of options for customization , they offer private labelling as well
Mar 01, 2016 @ 07:56
Cut  and Sew industry available near downtown LA, he wouldn't be in business.  He said that most don't have websites, you just walk down alleys and there they are!

== http://www.solitairecardgame.info/ ==

== http://www.solitairecardgame.info/ ==

Mar 02, 2016 @ 14:53
I'm wanting to produce a type of child's blanket. I designed it myself and though there are similar products out there mine uses unique fabric combinations and I created my own pattern and embellishments to make it unique. Am I going the right direction by seeking a "cut and sew shop" though it's not a "garment"? How do you make sure your design isn't knocked off - have you had them sign a non-compete agreement before emailing a design drawing?? I appreciate all of the above but any other recommendations or sources anyone willing to share for my situation? Also, found my materials down town but wondering if buying from overseas is going to save me a bundle since the little hold in the wall LA shops are "middle men"? Anyone have experience buying direct from China ( or Alibaba.com)? I want to give as much business to my local/US partners but my profit margin is SO SMALL right now, until I get cut and sew pricing I wont' know if I can pull it off at all. Thanks in advance!
Mar 30, 2016 @ 03:46
Dammaino couture home made clothing can help you be completely
unique and outstanding,dammainoclothing is a tailoring firm that deals in *Bespoke suits *Tuxedos *corporate uniforms *Shirts & Trousers *All kinds of Traditional attires *Artists Video shoot Styling or Photoshoot Styling ...We deliver all orders anywhere around the globe.....Contact us at dammainocouture on 08171664643.,07060514053 tweet @dammainocouture fb:dammaino couture bb pin:7A907CC0 ...@dammainocouture (Everything we do is built on trust and elegance........
Apr 04, 2016 @ 15:16
We use Galloree.com for cut and sew.  They are in Charlotte, NC They got hoodies, tees, totes, pillows, dresses and some other cool stuff.  Good quality and fast. Dont know if hey do mass production though.
Apr 05, 2016 @ 08:23
galloree.com does cut and sew. Located in Charlotte, NC
Jul 25, 2016 @ 00:59
We are a small manufacturing company located in el paso texas, so your product will have the MADE IN USA label
We specialize in small runs but can increase as demand  requires.
We can have pattterns made, cut and sew.
We specialize in multiple type of cuts , we have over 35 years experience , have help start up desingers with their  design.
Have made runs for new designers looking to educate themselves are what it takes to get their ideas out.
All new customers will get a 10% discount on first order.
The industry is very cut throat , we pride ourselves in having worksmanship in  what we make for our customers.
Let us know what your line is and we will  not waste your time if we can not help you
Our number is  915-790-6583 or text us make sure to mention code RP for your discount .
Let us do business you will  not regret it,  God Bless America
Sep 25, 2016 @ 19:51
Hello,

Made in the United States of America. You are receiving services here in Santa Ana, California. The cut and sew factory has been in business for over 25 + years with years in the bag enterprise for much of its existence, but after the economic shift of labor supply to overseas, we evolved into a mercantile business and manufacturer for brands to surfers all over the world. We have worked with companies such as Under Armor, Oakley, Hawaiian Island Creations, Ocean Minded, XM Leashes, Mossimo, Warner Brothers, LRG, RVCA, Kanye West, United States Government and others. These are a few of our clients.

* bags, leashes, shirts, jeans, leather, jackets, shorts, swim wear and a lot of other things too.
*Dye sublimation
*Have the best in the industry.
*Leather work.
*No more inferior products from China.
*Custom Made with love in the United States of America.

Imagine being the envy of your friends when say your items are made in the United States, where you fill the room with stories free-trade and homegrown cut and sew in America. Or when you arrive at a dinner party and talk about your surf adventures and exotic countries nobody has heard of, or when you're abroad and take out a stack of Lonely Planet travel guides (a sign that you're not only exploring this country, but plan to stop at many more). Take photos of yourself at all these places with your cool surfboard bag and apparel, so your Facebook friends can see your exquisite taste and superior lifestyle with your custom American made items. You can then laugh at them for being less than fashionable people carrying yesteryear's timeless China made inferior products.

Know that when you're purchasing services/products, you're getting an authentic United States product from an authentic United States person (me), who genuinely created this while in the United States. That gives this multiple layers of authenticity, sort of like a bean and cheese dip similar to my grandma's "Mexican Four Cheese Blend."

Purchase more and I'll be able to afford myself a new surfboard. Your patronage is appreciated.

Have a look at our Instagram: Homies MFG
Please login first to reply.