SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
February 15, 2012 @ 06:45 AM
alfn23

Hello. I want to learn and practice on designing clothing and shoes on computers. I am not very good at drawing in hand but I really like designing and got lots of ideas so I am wanting to design it on my mac.

I just need to know what software I need for it and where i can get templates and maybe a website or someone from hypebeast that could teach me the basics of designing it on computers..

Thanks for your help.

@realmejeezy follow me on twitter, i follow back :D

February 15, 2012 @ 02:13 PM
BlackAndColour

Its really not as simple as that.

However, the software would be Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop,
Download some mocks etc and get to it. looking at tutorials etc would be the best way.

Also,
hand drawing out ideas 1st is always the best way imo.

The girl @ blkandclr.com

February 16, 2012 @ 05:51 PM
quest1

Yeah you need to at least know who to draw shit out.. and illustrator is a must have for designs, and photoshop is for the t-shirt mockups.

Youtube everything you want to know. That's how I learned.

On a quest no doubt.

February 19, 2012 @ 10:56 AM
Djazz

Draw, draw, and draw again. Get a blackbook and JUST doodle =) doesnt matter if it's a mess or "ugly", by letting your creativity go loose, you'll learn and experiment more. You'll end up finding a style of illustrating that's totally you!

And indeed, check out tutorials on Youtube, and Google for tuts on Illustration & Typography. I'd like to hear from ya on your process. Go for it!

Take No Days Off //

February 21, 2012 @ 10:04 PM
rommell84

Practice your skills by drawing and getting a feel for your style. Then start playing around with the software side of things. its two different worlds. dont get caught up with the software side and not know how to draw out the basics of what your trying to make.
March 2, 2012 @ 03:08 AM
msgeggie

well i have a ton of experience in this field, so i would stick to vector based images in illustrator and photoshop, and have them screen printed, that is probably the simplest, easiest, and cheapest way to mass produce shirts.

Please login first to reply.