December 12, 2011 @ 10:06 AM
Yung Harvey Specter

thanks.

A Nigga So Young, Sandusky Tryin To Fuck Me.

December 12, 2011 @ 10:29 AM
Bron-Tron

Java was easy to pick up for me. Android runs java so you can make android apps. I dont know C++ though, but if its anything like Objective C then definitely Java.

Dreamweaver is the program you are talking about but honestly just doing it and getting your hands dirty is the easiest way. I made a site awhile ago to teach myself and it worked out fine. Stackoverflow is going to be your best friend for programming and web design. Html is the content/containers while css is the styling. With only those two you'll make a page that's entirely static Javascript (jquery) is mostly used for scripting, so animations and things like that, i suggest you work your way there. StackOverflow is your best friend.

Yeah just look up hosts, I have my site hosted on Bluehost but if you dont want to pay you can host your site locally with WAMP for windows or MAMP for mac. that way only you will see what you are doing and it will appear as it would online, and gives you access to databases when you get there.

Im sure somebody else can probably weigh in more on programming but then again this is hb.
December 12, 2011 @ 11:53 AM
dylanjohn

Forget C+ and Java

Focus on your HTML and CSS at this stage. Just remember its like mathematics a good foundation is very important. Then start playing around with jQuery and PHP and Python.

PHP is prob the most widely used and accesible language.

But as i said just focus on mark up like HTML for now. Get a strong foundation.
December 12, 2011 @ 05:29 PM
&bullshit

^
What he said.

If you're starting out then just focus on the basics.

and once you reach a certain point then yeah stackoverflow is your best friend.

http://92riots.tumblr.com/

December 14, 2011 @ 03:33 AM
YK-

If you're more focused on web design, stray away from C++ and Java as they are object oriented and with web design, you will not use them that much.

The program you're referring to is Dreamweaver and is serious for web design (also costs serious dough unless you can attain it in an alternative way). However the first thing you should do is get a basic understanding of HTML, then CSS. I'd say next in line would be to start looking into JavaScript.

As for paying to register your domain, I wouldn't do that until your site is fully functional. (You can test it without).
December 15, 2011 @ 12:30 AM
KUSH

lol never heard of a serious web designer who uses dreamweaver
December 15, 2011 @ 01:47 AM
yoon

taking web design next semester. lets see how that goes

www.ronindivision.com

December 16, 2011 @ 03:46 AM
gamesnacks

lol never heard of a serious web designer who uses dreamweaver

Yeah, but if it is really mastered then it can speed things up. Problem though is that when you are a coder, you just want to hand-code everything.
January 5, 2012 @ 04:14 AM
gram cooke

/*----Begin baller ass styling----*/

Speak softly & carry a big pistol.

March 9, 2012 @ 04:53 PM
gswarriorme8

you can get dreamweaver, but before investing so much money i would suggest that you simply practice writing code in a text edit program and seeing what looks like in your browser. To speed up the process, you can download a premade template and keep tweaking it until you get a hang of all the elements (divs, fonts, borders, ect.)
March 11, 2012 @ 01:38 AM
notyellow

Javascript and JQuery.
Just get the bare bones, layout, and layering down with HTML. Leave the visuals to CSS, and the usability to Javascript/JQuery.

I'd say learn Java. I knew C++ by heart and when I was introduced to Java I never looked back. You may want to check out Visual Basic too. For your IDE use Eclipse. It's noob-friendly.
March 11, 2012 @ 05:04 AM
Enryu

suspended

For youtube vidz you can check TheNewBoston if you didn't know. He cover lots of stuff in Java for Beginner/Intermediate and hella bunch of other languages as well. He explain really well so people don't have hard time following.

Please login first to reply.