The Official Leather Goods Thread

Sep 18, 2011 @ 00:24

My Tanner belt that I just got. The quality is amazing and I can't wait to see how this will age.
Sep 18, 2011 @ 01:01
Bought that from Uncle Otis? Looks good, I might grab one from there soon.
Sep 18, 2011 @ 10:42
Bought that from Uncle Otis? Looks good, I might grab one from there soon.

I actually ordered from the TG site, because Uncle Otis is always out of stock. I should have sized to 32, but the belt still fits at 30. Best part was there was no custom fees!
Sep 22, 2011 @ 14:37
are you supposed to oil corter leather bracelets?
Sep 22, 2011 @ 22:06
You could but the oils from your skin should keep it healthy enough, unless you live in a dry windy desert.
Sep 30, 2011 @ 15:12
Which one should I get? I'm looking for something to use instead of my wallet..

corter

or hollows

Sep 30, 2011 @ 15:27
hollows

Sep 30, 2011 @ 19:06
fasho. Just ordered. Can't wait

edit: I emailed the dude at hollows and he replied saying he can't take new orders right now due to high demand...
Oct 10, 2011 @ 22:32
Hey guys, anyone know where I can get something like this:

(Both from HollowsLeather)
for a cheaper price? They're both "Midlength"s. Thanks!

InternetEnlightenment.tumblr.com → KoFax

Oct 11, 2011 @ 18:43
Hey guys, looking to order the dollar edition belt from Corter. how long have you guys usually waited for your orders on belts? It says on their site that it's about 2-4 weeks, which seems like a long time, plus another week of shipping since I'm in Canada. What were your experiences with ordering with them? Also thinking of adding a leather bracelet on top of the belt.
Oct 11, 2011 @ 21:12
Waited like nearly 3 weeks for mine.
Also ordered a bracelet before, but that only took a week.

Oct 14, 2011 @ 03:44
for the dollar belt. it says order a size or two up.
so how would you size on a normal corter belt?

im a 34 waist and regular belts i buy are 36.

hndlz.tumblr.com

Nov 06, 2011 @ 03:04
I don't currently have a useable belt. I'm interested in a Tanner Goods one, and according to the sizing chart, you measure from where the leather wraps around the buckle to where the middle hole is, and then add 2". Since I don't have a belt, I don't know what size I should get. Help?

My waist is a size 29/30.
Nov 06, 2011 @ 08:43
Hey guy's looking to start leather crafting, specifically in making wallet(s) related item's. Here's list I'm going to buy soon, what else items would I need to start my hobby in leather crafting? Thanks!
Veg-Tan Practice Leather 6-9oz
Strap Cutter
Meyers Lock-Stitch Hand Sewing Awl
Nov 06, 2011 @ 08:47
Some reason won't let me post together 0.0
Poundo Cutting Board
Overstitch Spacing Kit
Keen Edge Beveling Tool
Nov 07, 2011 @ 09:19
^ don't forget about a sewing pony to help you with hand sewing.
Nov 10, 2011 @ 21:09

http://www.etsy.com/listing/78742527/leather-cardholder-minimalist-wallet

was thinking of getting this, but corters about to release a cardholder. and also i dont know how it will hold up. where esle can i get a cardholder thats about $50? i just want a plain one tho, with quality. tanner goods is bulky for my taste

im also looking for a tether/keyholder/lanyard, tanner is a bit much, corters looks weak af, so yeah, anyone?
Nov 14, 2011 @ 05:09
That one looks okay. Better than a junky $60 - 80 piece you might find at Nordstroms or some other mall shop.
I got a few printed buckles from those guys and they're kinda neat. For $50 you can get the thread more than enough leather and an awl to make one or a dozen yourself.
Alternatively you might like Zissou's cardholders they're all under $40 and look pretty cool.
Never tried one myself but his customers give good reviews.

www.styleforum.net/t/259203/zissous-handmade-leather-card-cases
Nov 18, 2011 @ 03:22
Just made my first leather wallet and card holder...not too bad I need better patterns though.
Dec 01, 2011 @ 05:58
Herds of The Fathers SNIPPET&)

"http://www.herdsofthefathers.com/herds-road-to-success/2010/3/28/herds-lookbook-snippet.html"

swagger on a hundred thousand trillion
Dec 03, 2011 @ 07:11
anyone got a Herds mini backpack for sale? lmk.
Dec 07, 2011 @ 02:29
Hey guys, looking to order the dollar edition belt from Corter. how long have you guys usually waited for your orders on belts? It says on their site that it's about 2-4 weeks, which seems like a long time, plus another week of shipping since I'm in Canada. What were your experiences with ordering with them? Also thinking of adding a leather bracelet on top of the belt.

Yeah I live in Canada too and I ordered a belt and two bracelets from Corter. It took a month and one week for my stuff to come.
But it was worth the wait. The belt came a bit dry as it's completely untreated so I am going to use some Obenaufs.
Dec 07, 2011 @ 04:49
What Obenauf leather protection are you guys using? Is it 4oz or 8oz?
Dec 09, 2011 @ 01:29
I'm gonna use Obenauf's Heavy duty LP. I believe the 4oz or 8oz just denotes the size. I bought mine in a 8oz format.
Dec 10, 2011 @ 06:43
what wallet should I get?

Dec 12, 2011 @ 03:26
Just bought a Corter leather belt from their webstore and some Red Wing 1907 off eBay (for only $60 shipped blushing). Can anyone recommend some oils and other products I should buy to help maintain these? Thanks in advance
Dec 12, 2011 @ 05:37
-Saddle soap for cleaning
-Leather creme for moisture and natural oil replenishment
-Leather wax for balancing and maintaining color, light water-repellance
Some people prefer leather dressings as they combine the benefits of a cream with a larger proportion of a sealing wax, though its not as effective as using the two separately.
Others like mink oil and neatsfoot oil can be used to soften a firm tempered leather but drown the leather through overuse.
Dec 12, 2011 @ 23:27
Wild Child Cowhide & Cordovan Leather wallet, produced by Flat Head.

Used every day for 3 years, never cleaned or oiled as i don't believe in oiling or cleaning leathers.
(don't tell me why i should be, i know all about it, i don't do it).

Dec 20, 2011 @ 05:10
Just received this today!!

And a crappy picture of the inside

Dec 24, 2011 @ 05:55
-Saddle soap for cleaning
-Leather creme for moisture and natural oil replenishment
-Leather wax for balancing and maintaining color, light water-repellance
Some people prefer leather dressings as they combine the benefits of a cream with a larger proportion of a sealing wax, though its not as effective as using the two separately.
Others like mink oil and neatsfoot oil can be used to soften a firm tempered leather but drown the leather through overuse.

my girlfriend just gave me tanner goods belt for present and dont rly kno bout leathers, but can i just buy any leather wax and creme to put it on?

and do i have to get all tht just to keep it in good shape?

also is it recommended to get it now or later when i broke em in?

www.ronindivision.com

Please login first to reply.