Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
April 8, 2011 @ 10:32 PM
Ledger

anyone get their corter japan bracelet? its been a while

Got mine a few days ago and i'm in Australia.

Got a medium, fits a tiny bit big but over all i'm pleased with it.
April 8, 2011 @ 10:45 PM
Jokez

anyone get their corter japan bracelet? its been a while

Yeah I was wondering the same. It's been 3 weeks since I ordered. No worries though.

ever done a transaction with me? leave some feedback! http://hypebeast.com/forums/buyerseller-feedback/feedback-jokez

April 11, 2011 @ 07:20 PM
DlAMOND

Any reccomendations for check wallets?
April 11, 2011 @ 07:30 PM
offdee

why is this thread in the Denim section?
April 12, 2011 @ 02:21 AM
jozsef_csanyi

Runs alongside denim culture.
April 12, 2011 @ 02:51 AM
drew?

Runs alongside denim culture.

this

http://aphganistan.tumblr.com

April 12, 2011 @ 11:39 AM
Kwest_

Need a new durable belt BAD. gonna pull the trigger on corter natural soon
April 15, 2011 @ 10:07 AM
lawlercon

natural corter belt at almost a year

really good comparison of a month old TG natural wallet, versus a year old natural belt.
April 15, 2011 @ 10:32 AM
bronze

corter quality sucks
not burnished
not waxed
flaky as fuck
April 15, 2011 @ 10:53 AM
giorgio19

Yeah I was wondering the same. It's been 3 weeks since I ordered. No worries though.

just got mine recently n it took about 3 weeks, maybe even a month
April 15, 2011 @ 06:21 PM
jozsef_csanyi

corter quality sucks
not burnished
not waxed

flaky as fuck

Not everybody wants a factory finish.
April 15, 2011 @ 07:13 PM
bronze

Not everybody wants a factory finish.

it makes it so unprofessional and unattractive
the belt thickness is thick in some places, but very thin in others
April 15, 2011 @ 10:59 PM
jozsef_csanyi

A good tough cowhide strap is fine for lots of young guys. Again not everybody wants a factory finish, different strokes for different folks.
If you've ever been in a tannery you'd hardly ever see any one hide that's an even width all the way through.

And before it even gets there I'm not saying his stuff is inherently better than Bottega or any luxury lines but they're usually durable and age the way their wearers like.
April 16, 2011 @ 09:27 AM
bronze

bro, it just feels dry as fuck and cheap, the belt buckle has no weight at all
April 16, 2011 @ 03:59 PM
Doobie

just got my bracelet after a little less than a month of waiting

While there's life there is hope, only the dead have none.

April 17, 2011 @ 10:58 PM
DlAMOND

We fucking understand you didn't like the belt you bought.
April 18, 2011 @ 03:38 PM
bronze

We fucking understand you didn't like the belt you bought.

if i could have went back and get the right size, i wouldnt
April 19, 2011 @ 05:50 PM
itsyababyboyzilla

natural corter belt at almost a year

really good comparison of a month old TG natural wallet, versus a year old natural belt.

shit, mine is like 9 months old and nowhere near this. kinda stagnating at the orange-brown stage.
April 20, 2011 @ 05:09 PM

Inactive

corter quality sucks
not burnished
not waxed
flaky as fuck

Sounds kinda like nitpicking. One of the main reasons Eric can price Corter stuff at $45 for the Utility belt is exactly what you're complaining about it.

Tanner, which is also quite nice, has a standard belt for $84 www.tannergoods.com/products/standard-belt-natural-brass

Burnished? Not everyone wants that right from the start. With enough wear the unfinished edges smooth out and its actually pretty cool to see. Not everyone wants a waxed finish. I know I don't. I rather do that myself.

Unprofessional and unattractive is subjective. This just means you didnt do much research before buying the belt.

The thickness is a result of cowhide. It's gonna happen to any company who is making handmade leather goods. You're talking about a one man operation here let alone a whole company.

Dry and cheap? Someone didn't treat/protect the belt. I wouldn't want a heavy belt buckle, but that's a personal preference. Sounds like you should have done some research, treated your leather better, and went with another belt.

Been wearing my Corter belt for a long while now and it's still great.
April 20, 2011 @ 05:37 PM
bronze

An opinion is like assholes. Everyone has one.
May 3, 2011 @ 06:58 PM

Inactive

Corter Field Notes cover

Tanner Goods card holder

McBaine leather bracelet (slightly modded)

MRSFC key fob

May 15, 2011 @ 08:43 PM
BxD

So im thinking of getting both Tanner goods(black) belt and Corter leather belt(natural)Sizing wise: My waist is like a 32-33 but with my current belts(size 34)They are still to loose. When going with these brands could someone please advise me on the correct size to order.

Im thinking i should i order a 33 from Corter and stick with a 34 from tanner goods. What do you guys think?
May 15, 2011 @ 09:02 PM
bronze

So im thinking of getting both Tanner goods(black) belt and Corter leather belt(natural)Sizing wise: My waist is like a 32-33 but with my current belts(size 34)They are still to loose. When going with these brands could someone please advise me on the correct size to order.

Im thinking i should i order a 33 from Corter and stick with a 34 from tanner goods. What do you guys think?

get both tanner. the quality of corter is terrible compared to tanner. Get 35 or 34 if youre going with tanner
May 16, 2011 @ 05:01 PM
cantfade_me

pretty big sample sale for corter on his site right now

wallets, bracelets, and belts
May 17, 2011 @ 12:02 AM
zyezye

tanner premium or LGC bridle belt?
May 17, 2011 @ 02:05 AM
corter

get both tanner. the quality of corter is terrible compared to tanner. Get 35 or 34 if youre going with tanner

hey, don't mean to overtake a thread or anything but someone email'd me you had an issue with your belt? Sounds like I can probably explain a bunch of it to you and anyone that may have a question, and it seems you don't really understand the leather that the Corter belts are made of. Mods, if this is an issue I apologize!

When you're dealing with leather that's thicker than 10oz, you're going down almost to the meat of the animal. No leather is going to be skived to the exact same thickness throughout (even a 4oz hide for wallets). I do my best to make sure that belts are reasonably the same thickness- thinner at the buckle to make hardware sit nice, thicker at the end to keep the belt's shape. If you're not happy with it, please email me a picture of your belt. I haven't heard from you, and it seems from this thread you have a lot of issues. I would be happy to send you a replacement.

Regarding the finish, and your belt being "flaky as fuck", it sounds like you need to simply oil and wax your belt. There's a great leather care section on my website for people that get my products to read, and the tips will help you get your belt to a hydrated, healthy, beautiful state. Flaky means it's dry, and you need to oil it. Tanner makes absolutely beautiful stuff, but their product is completely different than the things I make.

As Sonny pointed out, you're comparing my belt to one twice it's price- completely different leather, different hardware, etc. I've chosen to let whoever buys a belt make it their own 100%, from how they finish their edges to how they finish the belt with tanning and oil. I use a standard roller buckle that is easily replaceable, because people like to choose and/or switch out their buckles. This buckle is used all over the world in harnesses that keep people alive while they're doing things like dangling from trees and telephone poles. It's light and strong. As a side note- when you buy a super high end belt, most of the time you're paying into the $XXX for the handmade buckle. Belt buckles are super intricate to make, even the simplest center bar will take 4-6 hours to bend, welt, and smooth. Unless you're buying a shell cordovan belt, no leather would ever be that costly.

It's like unfinished furniture I suppose, a blank slate. It's not meant to be a high fashion item, rather a daily, affordable belt for a spectrum of people- kids in school or just graduated like me, to blue collar linemen that climb poles and run wire for a living.

Here's a picture of my personal belt, made from the exact same leather, after about 6 months. Tanned for a day, oiled/Obenaufs twice. I promise you, after 4 years of exploring belt leathers, this is the best natural leather I've found after trying dozens of different tanneries and hide types. It ages beautifully, you just have to take care of it.

May 17, 2011 @ 03:44 AM
stukovx

Speaking of taking care of your leather, I got some oiling to do:

May 18, 2011 @ 01:42 PM
BxD

I ordered the natural tan belt from Corter, We'll see how i like it.... Im on the fence with the natural tan color anyways so this will be a nice starter "real leather" belt. Hopefully it can tan to a nice bronze/brown color. I may take it to a tailor or leather place to see if i can get it stitched
May 18, 2011 @ 02:55 PM
bzgz

How should I size for a Tanner's belt, if I wear size 30 for jeans (no sagging)?

Thanks in advance.
May 18, 2011 @ 05:14 PM
-K-

Sites for Custom Leather Goods

and unlucky doesnt have a site, and I forgot his email so someone post that up

can a mod sticky this on the first page of the thread?

Thanks, was looking for a Canadian leather site.

Please login first to reply.