FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (24 HOURS LEFT)
November 28, 2008 @ 04:02 PM
C.Dante

there only about 50 bones for a nice indigo dyed pair......how is there quality and fit, and how does any1 know how they change after they're wornfor a while, thanks
November 28, 2008 @ 04:24 PM
nintensity

I work at Gap,
There's different styles for you to choose from:
Standard Fit,
Low-Rise Boot Cut
Loose Fit
Easy Fit
Boot Cut (Discontinued)
Low-Rise Straight/Standard Fit
Slim-Straight Fit

The quality of the denim is actually pretty good compared to other ones. I find that R&Rs, TRs, and Those high-branded ones dont' really give you a run for you money in terms of quality. Its just the brand that makes things expensive.

Gap's denim usually run between 54.50 to 89.50 depending on the style and color you choose.

Most of the styles fit low-rise except for the Easy Fit., the rest fit just at the hip.

Let me give you a rundown of each style:

Standard Fit: Straight fitting through the legs and hip and stays straight towards the ankle. Its also known as "Straight Fit" cause all it fits is straight. Good for any type of shoe.

Loose Straight Fit: Similar to Standard Fit, It runs straight throughout the leg, but it fits a tad loose around the thighs and around the leg. Very comfortable as a lot of bigger guys love this comfy style.

Low-Rise Boot Cut: Slim around the thighs, fits a lil' lower around the waist, and has a boot opening at the bottom. A lot of tall and lankey guys love this style.

Low-Rise Straight Fit: Think of it like the Slim Straight fit, but rather it tapering towards the ankle, it has a wider, more straighter look around the leg, making your feet not so big. Works great with Converse, low profile shoes and Dress Shoes. This baby fits LOW. i love it!

Slim Straight Fit: This fits kinda of mid-rise, fits slim around the thighs and stays slim throughout the entire leg. Codename: Emo pants.

Easy Fit: Its very good for tall and big guys, its tapered towards the bottom of the leg while having a relaxed feel around the thighs. Around the width of a Loose Fit Straight around the leg.

They don't change a lot after warn for a while, as long as you wash it inside-out, and in cold water, and don't put it through the dryer, then yes, you'll love them for years.
November 28, 2008 @ 04:30 PM
C.Dante

I work at Gap,
There's different styles for you to choose from:
Standard Fit,
Low-Rise Boot Cut
Loose Fit
Easy Fit
Boot Cut (Discontinued)
Low-Rise Straight/Standard Fit
Slim-Straight Fit

The quality of the denim is actually pretty good compared to other ones. I find that R&Rs, TRs, and Those high-branded ones dont' really give you a run for you money in terms of quality. Its just the brand that makes things expensive.

Gap's denim usually run between 54.50 to 89.50 depending on the style and color you choose.

Most of the styles fit low-rise except for the Easy Fit., the rest fit just at the hip.

Let me give you a rundown of each style:

Standard Fit: Straight fitting through the legs and hip and stays straight towards the ankle. Its also known as "Straight Fit" cause all it fits is straight. Good for any type of shoe.

Loose Straight Fit: Similar to Standard Fit, It runs straight throughout the leg, but it fits a tad loose around the thighs and around the leg. Very comfortable as a lot of bigger guys love this comfy style.

Low-Rise Boot Cut: Slim around the thighs, fits a lil' lower around the waist, and has a boot opening at the bottom. A lot of tall and lankey guys love this style.

Low-Rise Straight Fit: Think of it like the Slim Straight fit, but rather it tapering towards the ankle, it has a wider, more straighter look around the leg, making your feet not so big. Works great with Converse, low profile shoes and Dress Shoes. This baby fits LOW. i love it!

Slim Straight Fit: This fits kinda of mid-rise, fits slim around the thighs and stays slim throughout the entire leg. Codename: Emo pants.

Easy Fit: Its very good for tall and big guys, its tapered towards the bottom of the leg while having a relaxed feel around the thighs. Around the width of a Loose Fit Straight around the leg.

They don't change a lot after warn for a while, as long as you wash it inside-out, and in cold water, and don't put it through the dryer, then yes, you'll love them for years.

i want it to change..................like how the die becomes brighter and grows whiskers.do they do that?thanks for the info anyway tho seems weird you work at gap and register for this thread tho, perfect timing
November 28, 2008 @ 04:30 PM
pnsho

I went to my local GAP and tried looking for the Slim-Straight, but they didn't have any.

=\

And I swear I saw whiskers in some jeans. Or maybe it was my lack of sleep causing me to see things.
November 28, 2008 @ 04:31 PM
C.Dante

im gettin that low rise slim fit
November 28, 2008 @ 07:22 PM
snuff_daddy

I work at Gap,

hey does gap have any slim/tapered khakis w/ 33" or more inseam?

all the ones i try on are str8 fit, relaxed or loose
November 28, 2008 @ 11:44 PM
Ed.Hooligan

I scooped some GAP raw + selvedged straights last year for $30. They never faded because I wasnt putting any effort into wearing them out but they were very rigid and they feel durable. Theyre not long enough for any stacking though.

www.soundcloud.com/EdHooligan

November 28, 2008 @ 11:50 PM
kietatran

Man, I think I should start looking into some GAP gear...

USE REP CODE: KIETKAT FOR 20% OFF @ www.karmaloop.com

November 28, 2008 @ 11:54 PM
Ed.Hooligan

There's decent stuff for decent prices there. I'm on my solid steez and thats mostly what they have.

www.soundcloud.com/EdHooligan

November 29, 2008 @ 12:13 AM
filipin0y

i got a pair of morrisons and tapered them.
they faded in like seriously 4 months. but if you have an area that rubs against each other (crotch) it blows really fast. its basicly sand paper
November 29, 2008 @ 10:27 AM
C.Dante

i got a pair of morrisons and tapered them.
they faded in like seriously 4 months. but if you have an area that rubs against each other (crotch) it blows really fast. its basicly sand paper

what do you mean blows really fast?
November 29, 2008 @ 10:43 AM
estoybien

what do you mean blows really fast?

a hole forms
November 29, 2008 @ 12:54 PM
Logikal Accord

I saw some skinny selvedge joints there yesterday for $78. Looked allllright. Didn't try them on because I can't do skinny but all the other jeans (even the slims) leg openings were massive.
November 29, 2008 @ 03:00 PM
bape321

can somebody post some fit pics
im curious to how these look on somebody
November 30, 2008 @ 02:00 PM
C.Dante

i tried em on but i didnt take pics,lol

i tried low rise slim leg, a little bit of saggage, but not 2 much, and depending on what length size you get, slim all the way to the ankle unless you get a bigger size then your leg lenght you'll get some baggage at your shins, depending on how thick your legs are
December 1, 2008 @ 05:20 PM
Hellah Fresh

The raw 08' Denims seems to be a bit tighter then the ones i bought in late 06'. I would say they took off about... 1/2 inches from side to side going across 1 side. Ima soak mine in cold water tonight and wear them wet to see if i can stretch these bad boys out a bit. Kinda snug. Quality is on point.
December 1, 2008 @ 05:45 PM
pnsho

I urge everybody for fit pics. Gladly appreciated.
December 1, 2008 @ 07:22 PM
Logikal Accord

The raw 08' Denims seems to be a bit tighter then the ones i bought in late 06'. I would say they took off about... 1/2 inches from side to side going across 1 side. Ima soak mine in cold water tonight and wear them wet to see if i can stretch these bad boys out a bit. Kinda snug. Quality is on point.

Skinny, slim or straight? I've only seen skinny raws.
December 2, 2008 @ 09:25 AM
nintensity

I'll see what I can do next time I go to work. I'll model some denim for yah ;)

SnuffDaddy, they don't have the slim khakis at this time =(
I heard they they'll be droppin next year!
December 2, 2008 @ 03:26 PM
C.Dante

I'll see what I can do next time I go to work. I'll model some denim for yah ;)

SnuffDaddy, they don't have the slim khakis at this time =(
I heard they they'll be droppin next year!

props........to bad im gonna have to tell on you to my nearest gap's manager

sike
December 3, 2008 @ 07:48 PM
nucky

I am going to be finishing a pair of morrisons at the end of the year with a full 10 months. pics will be coming then

only things I could find

my buddy's pair
December 10, 2008 @ 10:02 PM
Phoenix_0217

I saw some skinny selvedge joints there yesterday for $78. Looked allllright. Didn't try them on because I can't do skinny but all the other jeans (even the slims) leg openings were massive.

anyone try these yet?
December 11, 2008 @ 06:03 PM
C.Dante

anyone try these yet?

dont have em at the gap at mah mall they have em on the site tho
December 12, 2008 @ 06:26 PM
Phoenix_0217

waiting to see pics of the dudes morrisons...
December 14, 2008 @ 04:01 PM
C.Dante

are morrisons straight leg low rise?
December 15, 2008 @ 04:23 PM
justtemple

Morrisons are a mid-rise, straight-leg. If I remember it's like 11.5 inches in the thigh and a 8.25 in leg opening (size 32 that I haven't worn in a bit).
December 22, 2008 @ 06:20 PM
B2FiNiTY

they are worth it when they are on sale.
December 22, 2008 @ 07:23 PM
Kingston

weak
December 23, 2008 @ 12:34 PM
nucky

since FACE didn't post these himself, I have to show them off.
Gap Morrison size 38
worn 12 months regular washes. few repairs, needs a crotch repair soon
The pair behind are what they look like new. those are a size 34x30

December 31, 2008 @ 01:37 PM
nucky

Gap Morrison. 10 months of practically everyday wear. 1 soak 1 wash. A little dissapointed but that's what I get for wearing a $20 pair of jeans for almost a year. A lot of memories...

I will have better pics with less shadows after the final wash.

Please login first to reply.