Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
February 27, 2013 @ 12:06 AM
Shammgod

If anybody knows where to get or if anyone is selling some 19cm mij black raws in a 28, let me know
March 7, 2013 @ 05:10 PM
n*

^^^
LVR has some here.  may be cheaper to phone order from one of the US flagships; I'm not really sure.  if you're looking for a slightly used pair, they pop up on sufu every once in a while for a lot cheaper.

fades starting to come in on my indigo raws after 25 wears, can tell they're gonna look nice.  love my diors, definitely coming back for my next pair of denim.  anybody else's pairs showing some nice progress?
March 12, 2013 @ 04:54 PM
majerle_marl

What's up guys. Im new to this but I'm going to New York this upcoming may and my goal is to get a nice black skinny fit denim, so I've been asking around and from a lot of different people I've been getting recommend to try out the 19cm MIJ dior denim.. I just need some tips and advice from people who actually own a pair already.. Thanks in advance
March 12, 2013 @ 04:58 PM
majerle_marl

I want to know what retail stores I need to hit up in New York that will maybe carry them, I'm normally a 32 waist 34 length skinnies. So I wanna know if I need to size down or what how does that work? And also what does "MIJ" stand for and the "19cm" what's so special about those specs?
March 12, 2013 @ 09:26 PM
LckyChrmsBboy

Mij= made in japan. 19cm is the cut, I believe it's the leg opening on a size 32..same goes for the rest of the cuts. Most people size down but youre going to be trying them on so you dont need much sizing advice. They do stretch tho.
March 12, 2013 @ 09:51 PM
futura

selling some Dior homme Mij 19cm in size 30 (very slightly used) pm me
March 14, 2013 @ 03:52 PM
n*

What's up guys. Im new to this but I'm going to New York this upcoming may and my goal is to get a nice black skinny fit denim, so I've been asking around and from a lot of different people I've been getting recommend to try out the 19cm MIJ dior denim.. I just need some tips and advice from people who actually own a pair already.. Thanks in advance

I want to know what retail stores I need to hit up in New York that will maybe carry them, I'm normally a 32 waist 34 length skinnies. So I wanna know if I need to size down or what how does that work? And also what does "MIJ" stand for and the "19cm" what's so special about those specs?

Mij= made in japan. 19cm is the cut, I believe it's the leg opening on a size 32..same goes for the rest of the cuts. Most people size down but youre going to be trying them on so you dont need much sizing advice. They do stretch tho.
LckyCharmsBoy is right, 19cm is the leg opening on a pair of size 32 jeans.  the 19cm cut is more tapered, while the 21cm cut is a more straight leg.

majerle_marl, as far as stores go, you could go to the Dior Homme flagship, Barney's, or Saks.  generally Saks is known to carry more sizes, so I would suggest trying there first.  usually you want to size down 2 from your normal waist size, so you should be a tagged size 30 in black MIJ raws if you're a true 32 waist.  they generally stretch about 2 sizes, so a size 30 should be a perfect fit after it stretches fully (~2 weeks of wear).  you should be able to get all the buttons done and barely be able to do the clasp.  when I first got mine, I left the clasp undone for a couple days until the denim stretched to the point where I could do the clasp comfortably.  the length on a pair of raw Diors is about 37in, but most people let them stack around the ankles.  it takes a bit of fiddling with the stacks when you first get them, but they look very nice once they settle, so most people do not bother hemming unless they are really short/are opposed to stacks.

hope this helps, and hope you find the pair you're looking for.
March 15, 2013 @ 12:05 AM
Shammgod

^^^
LVR has some here.  may be cheaper to phone order from one of the US flagships; I'm not really sure.  if you're looking for a slightly used pair, they pop up on sufu every once in a while for a lot cheaper.

fades starting to come in on my indigo raws after 25 wears, can tell they're gonna look nice.  love my diors, definitely coming back for my next pair of denim.  anybody else's pairs showing some nice progress?
yeah i checked LVR and i concluded that it was too much over my budget to buy it off there. i ended up finding a barely used pair of styleforum for ~$200 shipped
March 18, 2013 @ 03:36 AM
majerle_marl

LckyCharmsBoy is right, 19cm is the leg opening on a pair of size 32 jeans.  the 19cm cut is more tapered, while the 21cm cut is a more straight leg.

majerle_marl, as far as stores go, you could go to the Dior Homme flagship, Barney's, or Saks.  generally Saks is known to carry more sizes, so I would suggest trying there first.  usually you want to size down 2 from your normal waist size, so you should be a tagged size 30 in black MIJ raws if you're a true 32 waist.  they generally stretch about 2 sizes, so a size 30 should be a perfect fit after it stretches fully (~2 weeks of wear).  you should be able to get all the buttons done and barely be able to do the clasp.  when I first got mine, I left the clasp undone for a couple days until the denim stretched to the point where I could do the clasp comfortably.  the length on a pair of raw Diors is about 37in, but most people let them stack around the ankles.  it takes a bit of fiddling with the stacks when you first get them, but they look very nice once they settle, so most people do not bother hemming unless they are really short/are opposed to stacks.

hope this helps, and hope you find the pair you're looking for.
Thanks man, yes this definitely helped.. But what about the 17.5cm I was recently informed that  those were the "skinny fit" and hat the 19cm was the "slim fit".. Does that sizing method apply with the 17.5cm also? Sizing down 2 sizes because of stretching?
March 18, 2013 @ 05:19 AM
n*

Thanks man, yes this definitely helped.. But what about the 17.5cm I was recently informed that  those were the "skinny fit" and hat the 19cm was the "slim fit".. Does that sizing method apply with the 17.5cm also? Sizing down 2 sizes because of stretching?
the 17.5cm cut is a skinnier cut, yes.  they don't come in raw form; they always have a bit of stretch material.  you're going to want to size down one less than you would for the 19cm cut.  so if you were going to get a 30 in the 19cm cut, a 31 in the 17.5cm cut should be a good fit.  I personally have never tried on a pair, but this is the general consensus.
March 18, 2013 @ 08:16 PM
majerle_marl

the 17.5cm cut is a skinnier cut, yes.  they don't come in raw form; they always have a bit of stretch material.  you're going to want to size down one less than you would for the 19cm cut.  so if you were going to get a 30 in the 19cm cut, a 31 in the 17.5cm cut should be a good fit.  I personally have never tried on a pair, but this is the general consensus.
Ok, so are the raws any better you'd say? From look to quality to fit.. Even you say you've only owned raws.. Just an opinion I'm asking 
March 18, 2013 @ 08:25 PM
majerle_marl

the 17.5cm cut is a skinnier cut, yes.  they don't come in raw form; they always have a bit of stretch material.  you're going to want to size down one less than you would for the 19cm cut.  so if you were going to get a 30 in the 19cm cut, a 31 in the 17.5cm cut should be a good fit.  I personally have never tried on a pair, but this is the general consensus

Cuz I'm  just trying to get the best I possibly can,and like I said I'm going to NYC this may and one of my goals is to get a black denim that will do me good for a nice while so that I won't have to buy another pair for a while, so I'm just trying to gather as much info as I can so when I get there I can have some type of knowledge going into my purchase oppose to not knowing much and not being satisfied afterwards, which is why I never ordered via web because I want to actually try this denim on and talk to someone that will give me tips and or things I should know. And the "19cm MIJ" is what I've been mostly getting recommend to try from different people who's owned or owns them.. And I'm just trying to see why that demin is most popular ya know.
March 18, 2013 @ 09:28 PM
n*

^^^
the raws are not necessarily "better," no. a lot of people simply prefer the ability to create your own fades based on your lifestyle. raws are much stiffer when they are first bought because they have not touched water, so the starch is still very present. it allows for one to basically use the denim as a "canvas" that conforms to their lifestyle. it's all personal preference; one is not better than the other. raws are cheaper, however.

MIJ is generally preferred because the denim is higher quality Japanese denim. supposedly it differs slightly in regards to the back pockets, the taper, and the amount the denim stretches. with this comes a higher price tag, as well. I would say the 19cm cut is the most popular because it can work with a wider variety of body types, and can be a very flattering cut on these multiple body types. the 17.5cm cut generally works much better if you have a leaner build (not meaning skinny, meaning fit. they make bigger waist sizes for a reason).

I personally like my raws because I feel raw denim is extremely versatile in regards to what you can wear with it. I like the 19cm cut because it is very slimming while not being titty-tight. I'm going to be making a trip to NYC this summer, as well, however, and I'm most likely going to be looking at washed versions of both the 19cm and 17.5cm cut because I want to try something different. it really comes down to personal preference, and the fact that you'll be trying the different cuts on will allow you to find the style that best suits what you're looking for. one thing I'd say is, don't let other people's opinions (i.e., 19cm raws are the "best") influence you too much in your decision. find the pair you truly like, because ~500+ is a lot to blow on something you'll regret.
March 19, 2013 @ 03:49 AM
majerle_marl

^^^
the raws are not necessarily "better," no. a lot of people simply prefer the ability to create your own fades based on your lifestyle. raws are much stiffer when they are first bought because they have not touched water, so the starch is still very present. it allows for one to basically use the denim as a "canvas" that conforms to their lifestyle. it's all personal preference; one is not better than the other. raws are cheaper, however.

MIJ is generally preferred because the denim is higher quality Japanese denim. supposedly it differs slightly in regards to the back pockets, the taper, and the amount the denim stretches. with this comes a higher price tag, as well. I would say the 19cm cut is the most popular because it can work with a wider variety of body types, and can be a very flattering cut on these multiple body types. the 17.5cm cut generally works much better if you have a leaner build (not meaning skinny, meaning fit. they make bigger waist sizes for a reason).

I personally like my raws because I feel raw denim is extremely versatile in regards to what you can wear with it. I like the 19cm cut because it is very slimming while not being titty-tight. I'm going to be making a trip to NYC this summer, as well, however, and I'm most likely going to be looking at washed versions of both the 19cm and 17.5cm cut because I want to try something different. it really comes down to personal preference, and the fact that you'll be trying the different cuts on will allow you to find the style that best suits what you're looking for. one thing I'd say is, don't let other people's opinions (i.e., 19cm raws are the "best") influence you too much in your decision. find the pair you truly like, because ~500+ is a lot to blow on something you'll regret.
Yeah that makes total sense, and yeah you're right. I just wanted to get some info on the whole thing that's all.. But thanks for all your help man i truely appreciate your time. One last thing what price tag should I be expecting?
March 19, 2013 @ 02:16 PM
n*

^^^ depends.  my 19cm MIJ raws ran 480$ including shipping and customs from LVR.  MIIs run about 100$ cheaper.  so in-store they'll be less, probably closer to 450$ for MIJ raws and 350$ for MII.  I'm not entirely sure, but I'm going to guess 17.5cm MIJs will start around 500$ at the lowest because they are never strictly raw denim.  there are often in-store sales, however, so I've heard of people getting 19cm MIJ raws at Saks for slightly more than 200$.  so it varies, but I would set aside about 500$ for 19cm raws, and around 600$+ for 17.5cm just to be safe.  it's a lot of money to pay, for sure, but I've been more than satisfied with my pair.

edit: going off the lowest prices on Riccardi's site, 17.5cm MIJs will start around 625$.
March 19, 2013 @ 04:02 PM
majerle_marl

^^^ depends.  my 19cm MIJ raws ran 480$ including shipping and customs from LVR.  MIIs run about 100$ cheaper.  so in-store they'll be less, probably closer to 450$ for MIJ raws and 350$ for MII.  I'm not entirely sure, but I'm going to guess 17.5cm MIJs will start around 500$ at the lowest because they are never strictly raw denim.  there are often in-store sales, however, so I've heard of people getting 19cm MIJ raws at Saks for slightly more than 200$.  so it varies, but I would set aside about 500$ for 19cm raws, and around 600$+ for 17.5cm just to be safe.  it's a lot of money to pay, for sure, but I've been more than satisfied with my pair.

edit: going off the lowest prices on Riccardi's site, 17.5cm MIJs will start around 625$.
Cool, that sounds like what I was expected. Again thanks for everything.
March 20, 2013 @ 01:38 AM
n*

^^ sure thing man.  hope you find what you're looking for.
March 23, 2013 @ 08:48 PM
funkybean

I need some stat!
March 31, 2013 @ 09:58 AM
acidline

Got a size 32 pair of 19cm indigo raws if anyones interested.
April 2, 2013 @ 12:00 AM
n*

almost impulse-bought some 17.5cm Jakes at Riccardi in Boston today.. fit and wash is too nice.
April 7, 2013 @ 01:38 AM
LarryClark

This may be a stupid question, but I've looked around and can't find an answer.

Is there any definitive way (i.e. a tag that says Made in Japan) to tell if a pair of 19cm's are MIJ or MII?
April 7, 2013 @ 03:10 AM
Sir_Fred

It will say it on the white labels on the inside of the jeans that usually explain how to machine wash. 

Instagram: @Sir_Fred Tumblr: airfred.tumblr.com

April 7, 2013 @ 04:53 AM
Knxwledge

almost impulse-bought some 17.5cm Jakes at Riccardi in Boston today.. fit and wash is too nice.
where at? them jakes are almost impossible to find online with reasonable prices..
April 8, 2013 @ 04:18 AM
n*

where at? them jakes are almost impossible to find online with reasonable prices..
http://riccardiboston.com/shop/mens/designers/dior-homme/dior-17.5cm-jake-jean/

tried them on in-store. were so nice, but couldn't get myself to drop the money.
April 22, 2013 @ 12:17 AM
Dunes

quick pic of the crotch/whiskers of my diors. taken under a light, so the colors aren't really that bright in real life.

buy my stuff: http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/208108

April 24, 2013 @ 05:18 PM
n*

^^^
damn, fades looking nice. kinda washed out but I like it!
April 25, 2013 @ 12:36 AM
sayocean

^What he said.
May 3, 2013 @ 01:29 AM
zhumaira

Anyone here willing to sell Dior MIJ black raw 19cm in size 27/28?

WTB: Supreme and Ronin in SMALL

May 6, 2013 @ 11:30 PM
schroederscat

are they worth it? 
May 6, 2013 @ 11:30 PM
schroederscat

Anyone here willing to sell Dior MIJ black raw 19cm in size 27/28?
you can check superfuture forums, there's always people selling dior 19cm.

Please login first to reply.