Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
October 13, 2008 @ 04:41 PM
JL77

3sixteen is getting ready to release the SL series of denim as part of their Fall line. It
October 13, 2008 @ 04:52 PM
Technique

nice details but the fit isnt great

IG - @CONSCIOUSONE OG 2007 HB FINESSE

October 13, 2008 @ 05:25 PM
ptoing

nice jawns
October 13, 2008 @ 06:03 PM
kiya

You don't like APC's cuts?
smile
October 13, 2008 @ 07:57 PM
Logikal Accord

To my surprise, they're one of the better pairs by a "streetwear" company that I've seen.
October 13, 2008 @ 09:02 PM
heydeleteme

Probably because of the way the model is wearing them... Like Self Edge models.
October 13, 2008 @ 09:06 PM
Technique

nah i can tell, the taper isnt that great, along with the low rise to a "straight modern model" like that and eitherway i doubt these jeans have good fading properties since most streetwear brands look at just design and details but the ideal point of raw denim is the evolution (along with the aesthetics of hardware i.e hidden rivets, brass rivets, leather patch) , they can say its Japanese denim, hand sewn in USA but it probably wont deliver.

also the newly taken self edge models are far superior then these and sidney lo (person who does majority of pictures that are relatively new) does a great job at modeling jeans.

October 13, 2008 @ 10:13 PM
sellme

nah i can tell, the taper isnt that great, along with the low rise to a "straight modern model" like that and eitherway i doubt these jeans have good fading properties since most streetwear brands look at just design and details but the ideal point of raw denim is the evolution (along with the aesthetics of hardware i.e hidden rivets, brass rivets, leather patch) , they can say its Japanese denim, hand sewn in USA but it probably wont deliver.

also the newly taken self edge models are far superior then these and sidney lo (person who does majority of pictures that are relatively new) does a great job at modeling jeans.

lol.. I didnt fully understand what you wrote here, but you do realize Kiya (owner of Self Edge) helped in the production of these jeans and that the cut is a replicate of the APC NS right?
October 13, 2008 @ 10:15 PM
Technique

...MEGA LULZ, are you serious? he was being sarcastic.

October 13, 2008 @ 10:20 PM
sellme

...MEGA LULZ, are you serious? he was being sarcastic.

Well he posted on Sufu that these jeans are an APC reproduction made out of Kalhara denim and that he was involved with the design.

maybe his sarcasm is going over my head.. I dunno
October 13, 2008 @ 10:23 PM
ptoing

if i recall correctly, kiya dislikes APC jeans
October 13, 2008 @ 10:26 PM
Technique

what the fuck is the use of a APC repro, that means 3sixteen isnt able to differentiate themselves and they made apc fits look like a joke. get your denim shit straight, i dont know what kind of shit you wear.

October 13, 2008 @ 10:33 PM
MonkeyFresh

no offense but just stop while your ahead of yourself Technique smile
These actually look pretty dope... although the stock pics dont look so well ill give the denim the botd
what really attracts me is that Tanner leather goods made the patches... very very nice touch, and i love the lack of arcs or anything in the back pockets
overall design and hardware look pretty good and i love the fact its made in the USA cool
def would be interested in picking up a pair of blacks but i guess well see what happens with this
October 13, 2008 @ 10:42 PM
Technique

to every man, they have their opinions and i hold mine strongly.

this is all a market scheme to target guys like you, pin pointing details that you see in high end denim but in a more street wear related terms. leather patch, engraved rivets, typical selvedge, all to soak you guys in and its working. Like i said the rise looks bad, along with the minimal taper, maybe another .25 and it would of looked better. if you want to go buy this denim go ahead no one is stopping you, just have fun with regret.

and by they way, why would you degrade from imperial x selfedge to something like this? cmon.

edit: plus making it sound how they say it is an Apc repro, even more persuade you guys into buying this

October 14, 2008 @ 12:05 AM
MonkeyFresh

i suppose they take those kinds of shots on purpose so yes it will all be dependent on the kind of impression i get when i see the denim in person whether or not im gonna cop
and its not exactly a downgrade from SEXI04's lol i just want a black pair i wouldnt rock them daily ya know
but i agree and its good that you stand firm with your opinions
but on another note, if what people have been saying is true about kalhara denim being used and the fact that kiya helped in its production, it looks to me like it will be a solid pair so well wait and see how these go down (hopefully unlike other streetwear brands...)
October 14, 2008 @ 07:28 AM
sellme

Some fit pics from Vancouver fashion week.

According to the 3sixteen thread, they're coming out with another line of denim next year with "a more aggressive taper" (tighter fit).

I have no interest whatsoever in buying these, but I gotta respect what they're doing.
October 14, 2008 @ 08:17 AM
andrew3sixteen

Thanks for posting the pics sellmestuff - those were actually an earlier sample of the denim before the fit was fully tweaked. The press images that were posted at the beginning of the thread are the finalized pre-production pieces and those images are the best representation of what the fit will be like.

A few points of clarification:
-The fabric is Kaihara selvedge
-The fit is an APC NS repro
-Kiya was not being sarcastic

Everyone is certainly free to make their own decisions on what denim is best - of course some will feel like the taper isnt aggressive enough and others will feel that it's too slim. That's why there are so many cuts of denim on the market... you can pick and choose what's right for you. On our end, we wanted to take a tried and true fit and improve upon the fabric, the detailing and the assembly to make something that's at a level of quality on par with the rest of our line. That's not so far off from what some of our favorite Japanese denim companies do. smile

3sixteen.com | selfedge.com | ajchen.com | @andrew3sixteen

October 15, 2008 @ 09:30 AM
nucky

very interested in this pair, I have been looking for a pair of APC NS and I am feelin the black pair, any information on cost?
November 28, 2008 @ 04:39 PM
M.O.A

i been rockin the black pair pretty frequently and im super denim elitist snob steez

could def use more taper but these joints are way nice

the hardware / stitching details are very very nice

great execution and they fit the rest of the line perfectly

plus the patch is baller [obligatory promotion jump off]

http://woodlandsshop.com http://tannergoods.com http://oregonorbust.tumblr.com

November 28, 2008 @ 04:43 PM
C.Dante

i can go to gap and get a pair of 50 dollar jeans that look like duplicates for most likely a cheaper price
November 28, 2008 @ 05:01 PM
ThePepperSkull

What's the biggest size you guys sell of these and what's the inseam?
November 28, 2008 @ 05:25 PM
M.O.A

i can go to gap and get a pair of 50 dollar jeans that look like duplicates for most likely a cheaper price

um no you cant and besides why would you want to?

support independent clothing companies

all the big brands already got enough cheddaa

http://woodlandsshop.com http://tannergoods.com http://oregonorbust.tumblr.com

December 15, 2008 @ 10:46 PM
PeterParker

Ordered a pair of black. I hope they fit ok. I was debating a 30 or 32 and just went with a 32

Please post measurements and fit pics w/ your measurements if possible when you receive these. If sizing is TTS like Andrew said, then I should also be a 32. I'm curious as to how these will fit on me, and whether I should size down.

So I guess you decided on a pair of black denim... I thought you said you were looking for a slim fit. From the photos, the SL denim doesn't look slim by most standards... hard to tell without measurements though.
December 16, 2008 @ 09:48 AM
aclosedbox

3sixteen quality greatly eclipses most "streetwear" brands

even though I hate the way these look, that's a matter of taste...the top block looks like it fits really well and the ugly untapered cut is just what some people like--don't see people hating on all the 300$ repro-fit denim from japan, they just move on if they don't like it.
December 17, 2008 @ 07:05 PM
kiko

kyx is right..and besides these are on a level of quality much higher than "gap"
December 18, 2008 @ 08:26 PM
Logikal Accord

If it's a APC NS repro, sizing down 2 would prob. be ideal.
December 22, 2008 @ 04:00 PM
andrew3sixteen

It's important to size down on APC NS's because their denim stretches quite a bit. Our Kaihara denim doesn't stretch nearly as much as theirs does, but you can expect the waist to have a little bit of give over the first month of wear. Thus, if you want it to wear it as a slimmer fit and you can cram yourself into a smaller size, by all means... I have customers who sized down and it's not a relaxed cut at all - the mild taper is right on for a straight leg. Next year we'll be releasing a model with a more aggressive taper.

3sixteen.com | selfedge.com | ajchen.com | @andrew3sixteen

December 22, 2008 @ 09:46 PM
Eugene K.

I like the inner pocket print, nice touches.

I agree whole heartedly with your comments regarding being weary of grabbing a select piece such as denim from a brand who's not necessarily known for creating denim. It's like buying a pick-up truck from Ferrari vs. Chevrolet (hypothetically situation) or buying running shoes from a non-traditional running company.
April 27, 2009 @ 01:45 PM
kiya

Introducing the 3sixteen Denim Series & Bracelets

We're proud to announce our newest addition to our denim lines here at Self Edge with 3sixteen.
We're starting off with three denim models and a few bracelet styles... The collection is handsewn in America of the finest fabrics, ensuring that every piece has a compelling story to tell.

Beyond the garments, we here at Self Edge love the guys behind the label and their vision of the future; this is why we've chosen to bring a rare non-Japanese brand into our mix of labels which we represent.

The first offerings from 3Sixteen come in the form of two jean silhouettes and a set of leather bracelets produced by Tanner Goods. The jeans were designed in part by Self Edge and we oversaw the sourcing and production of these from the beginning to end to make sure these were worthy of adding to the rest of what we carry here at the store.

The SL-100x jean is a straight leg cut made of selvedge indigo denim from Japan's famous Kaihara Mill complete with custom rivets, a thick leather tag from Tanner Goods, and chainstitched hems.
The ST-100x is a slim cut jean with a small leg opening to please those looking for a slim jean that's got a form fitting silhouette, also made of Kaihara's denim. The slim tapered cut is also available with black resin coated denim from Cone Mills (ST-210).

Also available are leather bracelets available in two styles in black or tan leather. These were produced in Oregon by Tanner Goods out of a sturdy thick English Bridle leather.

All three denim models and bracelets are available now in our online store. Check the product pages in our online store for more photographs, spec lists, and measurements

SL-100x - Straight Leg Indigo Selvedge

ST-100x - Slim Leg Indigo Selvedge

ST-210 - Slim Leg Black Coated

Leather Bracelet - Dual Strand

Leather Bracelet - Single Strand

April 27, 2009 @ 03:23 PM
F/22

Kiya i was wondering these jeans finally fall under my price range
but i do have APC NS
design wise they dont seem to different, but the properties of the denim are different?
I wanted to know because I've been looking for new denim that fade differently.

I was just curious since the past few pages mentioned how their previous model was supposedly an apc ns version.

Please login first to reply.