Enjoy an Additional 10% Off on All Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA10
June 2, 2011 @ 09:34 PM
CHARLIEE

petite standards are, new cures aren't
June 2, 2011 @ 09:35 PM
hooperr

Petit Standards and New Standards are selvedge. New Cures are not, but there cuffs are still pretty clean looking.
June 2, 2011 @ 10:39 PM
matt

^ uhh, i forgot. they're basically the blazers minus the swoosh.
form nike.

anyways, that pic above is when i first got them... here an update... 1 year about.

what model and how'd you size?
i got a pair of NC sized down 1 and theyre extremely tight in the waist, been wearing on and off for a few months now.
was wondering what model would give me more room in the waist / thigh area as it is way too tight up there. i guess an overall more baggy fit with the same type of taper cause my calves aren't too tight, as compared to the rest of the fit.
June 3, 2011 @ 11:17 PM
chaobro

new cures "technically" are selvage denim, but the selvage line is cut. then again, technically it doesn't matter.
June 4, 2011 @ 01:24 AM
Alexlude

peit standards about 3 months wear, sized down 1 to 31

June 4, 2011 @ 02:05 AM
cuddlestheshee

shoulda sized down 2. those are gonna be strettttccchiiinnn
June 4, 2011 @ 05:52 AM
matt

sorry if this questions been asked x10000 times...
but if petite standards fit looser in the thighs than NC, why does context list the measurements as being smaller in all dimensions? i compared the sizes with the same waist and also the same tagged sizes... any info on how the two compare in fits? lookin to get a new pair of APC's cause my NC are skin tight in the thigh and waist
June 4, 2011 @ 04:02 PM
stoozi

so are ncs tighter or ps' tighter?
June 5, 2011 @ 10:12 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

what model and how'd you size?
i got a pair of NC sized down 1 and theyre extremely tight in the waist, been wearing on and off for a few months now.
was wondering what model would give me more room in the waist / thigh area as it is way too tight up there. i guess an overall more baggy fit with the same type of taper cause my calves aren't too tight, as compared to the rest of the fit.

NS. Tag sz is 27. Went down 2.
June 7, 2011 @ 07:06 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

Petit Standards with about 25 days of wear.

i really like these.

how did u size?
June 9, 2011 @ 05:20 PM
puffdaddy

ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wowowwowowow
June 13, 2011 @ 05:44 PM
mike3519

ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wowowwowowow

lol
June 15, 2011 @ 10:41 AM
Pablo Johnson

exactly how I want mine to fit
June 15, 2011 @ 11:22 AM
Diedforoursins

I'm wondering if I've made a mistake, and sized down too much with my New Standards. As you can see from my fit pics:

Here's the real kicker; DAMN tight around the waist.

I can't button up the jeans, and I'm at around 5 days wear! My true waist is a 31 and these are a 27. Do New Standard's continue stretching after the first week? Too tight d'ya think? Total newbie to the world of raw denim, any feedback massively appreciated. :-)
June 15, 2011 @ 12:57 PM
butters

^ those look good man, most people size down 2-3 so 4 is kind of pushing it, but i think they'll be alright
June 15, 2011 @ 01:13 PM
slap

LoL. Its too tight. I'll be surprised if they stretch out for you. And if they do, jeans that tight have like a 10x chance of ripping at the crotch, at the seams, or popping buttons. If you wanted the skinny look, you shouldn't have gotten NS.
Good luck.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

June 15, 2011 @ 01:34 PM
Alexlude

^^ agreed, with your body type you should have went with petit standards or new cures (for real skinny look) and sized down 2-3.. damn sizing down 4.. let yo nuts breathe
June 15, 2011 @ 01:40 PM
Diedforoursins

Well I'm really only asking if the WAIST will stretch; they fit perfectly from the waist down. I just have a big ass. Haha. Not worried about a crotch/seam rips as the crotch/seams aren't under any real excessive pressure at all. I picked up New Standard's as I liked how they are only slightly tapered from the knee down.

So yeah. . .I'm really happy with the overall fit - it's just the waist that won't button at day 5, as you can see in the final picture. Thanks for the replies. smile
June 15, 2011 @ 02:04 PM
cuddlestheshee

your fine dude. these guys have no idea what they are talking about. APC's stretch like none other. granted it will be rough for a little bit. just keep tryin to stretch them out little by little.
not only do they keep stretching after the first week they will continue to stetch the whole time you wear them.

my APC's at 2 years look nothing like they did in terms of sizing as when i first got them. if you wanna give up. send them my way :D

edit: after close look they are kinda tight up top.. you can always just throw a belt on over them if you cant get the top button to button for a while and that will at least help hide that fact.
June 15, 2011 @ 02:15 PM
Diedforoursins

your fine dude. these guys have no idea what they are talking about. APC's stretch like none other. granted it will be rough for a little bit. just keep tryin to stretch them out little by little.
not only do they keep stretching after the first week they will continue to stetch the whole time you wear them.

my APC's at 2 years look nothing like they did in terms of sizing as when i first got them. if you wanna give up. send them my way :D

edit: after close look they are kinda tight up top.. you can always just throw a belt on over them if you cant get the top button to button for a while and that will at least help hide that fact.

That's cool. . .yeah I've been belting it when I head out. ;-)

As somebody that has owned APC's for a couple of years, how's the shrinkage after soaking/washing? I'm aware I should expect a 1-2 inch shrink in length, but more in terms of waist. . .I should be okay?

Thanks for the feedback.
June 15, 2011 @ 04:10 PM
cuddlestheshee

yeah they ain't gonna shrink much, if at all, because once you pop those bad boys back on they will be stretched out in day or two.
June 16, 2011 @ 08:02 PM
AG_23

i couldnt button the last 2 buttons and my ns, now they slide on an off.
September 17, 2011 @ 09:10 PM
superbuick3

so are ncs tighter or ps' tighter?

new cures are tighter than petit
September 17, 2011 @ 10:06 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

Look at the chart.

PS is tighter.
September 18, 2011 @ 01:19 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

Do NC really flare out at the bottom like boot cut...some pics on sites make it seem like they do and some ppl say they do then other pics they seem pretty straight/slight tapper.

I just need to go try on a pair. It's just crazy that depending on how you size on a certain model can make them look totally different. I'm leaning towards PS since I hear they're more like Levi's 511's right??
September 18, 2011 @ 04:59 AM
DJGRIZZZLY

suspended

new cures are like 511/514 but they still skinny

PS is like 510 i guess
September 18, 2011 @ 05:41 AM
TauKappaEpsilon

PS tagged size 26, down 2 from my true size. Worn for a month in these pictures.

What does everyone think? I'm unhappy with how small the leg opening is.
September 18, 2011 @ 06:54 PM
Mr. Nice Watch

Lookin at the pics above, i'll be copping som NC.
September 18, 2011 @ 07:10 PM
mike3519

so ive had NS for over a couple of months now... sized down 3. they fit right from the start like i could button em all the way up easily but were a lil tight in the thighs and till now i havent seen much stretch in them at all. they fit almost exactly as they did 3 months ago... everyone says they stretch out like crazy but for some reason.. mine doesnt!! do they keep stretching even after the first couple months??
September 18, 2011 @ 10:18 PM
jaded

Holy cow, the skinniest dude I know is a 32. I do agree that, though those fit, they are pretty skinny and not that flattering. I would probably go for something a bit baggier.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

Please login first to reply.