The Official Levi's Thread

Oct 12, 2012 @ 01:02
@adamk77 you should try to flip the picture around, its hurting just to look at it sideways..
Levis trucker jacket dark blue and denim dark grey work fine together. They both dark colors and can go together well. I would change the shirt though to a lighter color. White shirt would look better i think. Maybe its just because i dont like that maroon color i think its ugly ;(
Oct 12, 2012 @ 01:26

pics of my grey cords again with my kungfu shoes,, these shoes look good wit alot of my jeans i think. If i wear high tops it makes the stacks look mess up. Looking on the VANS website and want to get a pair cause they are low and slim. I think light grey vans would go well with alot of pants and stands out too. Not sure where i can buy it.. cant find this one on the vans website.

Vans Core Fall 2012 Era Pro grey
Oct 12, 2012 @ 03:32
@adamk77 you should try to flip the picture around, its hurting just to look at it sideways..
Levis trucker jacket dark blue and denim dark grey work fine together. They both dark colors and can go together well. I would change the shirt though to a lighter color. White shirt would look better i think. Maybe its just because i dont like that maroon color i think its ugly ;(

That's funny. The picture looked right-side up to me on my iPad, but was side ways on my computer. I fixed it. Thanks for the heads up! Thanks for your feedback on the shirt. What do you think about the length? Do people usually stack their jeans with longer inseams or can I get away with stacking them the way it is in the photo?

Another photo with it cuffed. But I have dress shoes on. Thinking I should stack on casual shoes and cuff on dress shoes?

Thanks.
Oct 12, 2012 @ 04:10

That's funny. The picture looked right-side up to me on my iPad, but was side ways on my computer. I fixed it. Thanks for the heads up! Thanks for your feedback on the shirt. What do you think about the length? Do people usually stack their jeans with longer inseams or can I get away with stacking them the way it is in the photo?

Another photo with it cuffed. But I have dress shoes on. Thinking I should stack on casual shoes and cuff on dress shoes?

Thanks.

what are those shoes they look llike nice
Oct 12, 2012 @ 04:46
what are those shoes they look llike nice

@justsayray I'm not sure, but here is a close up of it. I didn't shop for the longest time. I think I got this as a present at least 3 years ago. And I wore it a total of like 5 times.

Oct 12, 2012 @ 04:48
@adamk77
they look shinier on the other photo
whats ur body build?
Oct 12, 2012 @ 05:05
@adamk77

Good fit. I really want a denim jacket now haha. The color looks fine, as well as the length.
The stacks looks good uncuffed with sneakers, but also looks good cuffed with your black shoes.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

Oct 12, 2012 @ 05:14
@slap u need a denim jacket its awesome! My next denim jacket will be a darker color ;)

@adamk77 I think the length of your jeans is fine for sneakers and dress shoes. If the inseam was longer, dont think it will look good with dress shoes anymore, unless you cuff twice.
Oct 12, 2012 @ 06:03
@justsayray I guess the light caught it just right to give it that shine blushing Yeah, it's not really that shiny in person. I'm 5'10" at 171 lbs and wear 32 W x 30 L. The jeans I'm wearing - it's 32 W x 32 L, and the jacket is a medium.

@slap and @vvind thanks!
Oct 12, 2012 @ 06:15
@adamk77
how much did you buy ur matchstick and where?
can u also post the selvedge line of it
Oct 12, 2012 @ 06:22
@justsayray

IIRC, it was $49 at Nordstrom Rack. Not sure where you're located, but if you are near MD/VA/DC area, they should have some left at the Potomic Mills mall.

"posting the selvedge line of it" - you mean a photo of the stitching?

Oct 12, 2012 @ 06:24
@justsayray

IIRC, it was $49 at Nordstrom Rack. Not sure where you're located, but if you are near MD/VA/DC area, they should have some left at the Potomic Mills mall.

"posting the selvedge line of it" - you mean a photo of the stitching?

those look exactly like my calders lol
Oct 12, 2012 @ 06:28
i thought matchsticks were a blue color? they make it in grey too? why are they called matchsticks? Is it colorway name? Do they fade?
Oct 12, 2012 @ 06:51
i thought matchsticks were a blue color? they make it in grey too? why are they called matchsticks? Is it colorway name? Do they fade?

those are not matchsticks lo theyre calders
Oct 12, 2012 @ 07:26
oh lol. so calders is a grey colorway, and matchstick is blue? gotcha
Oct 12, 2012 @ 07:41
@vvind As far as I can tell, they look grey to me (unless I'm color blind blushing)

@justsayray No bro, I'm sure it's Matchsticks (see pic I just snapped below)

Oct 12, 2012 @ 09:15
i dun care of this matchstick shit anymore lol
confusing blinkyeyes
Oct 12, 2012 @ 09:46
matchstick should be a cut...i've only seen them at nordstroms tho. I've seen khaki ones too if memory serves me right. I know I tried on the indigo pair before.

Adam, did they have any smaller sizes at Potomac?
Oct 12, 2012 @ 13:13
@lckychrmsbboy I'm not sure. There were a bunch of Matchsticks - grey, indigo, black, etc. But the grey ones were the only ones that were selvedge, so I didn't bother checking the other non-grey ones. I don't think there were any grey ones that were smaller than 32x32 though, because I was looking for a pair for my brother who's smaller than me and I couldn't find any.
Oct 12, 2012 @ 13:45
Alright... another question for you guys. I've always been a conservative dresser (meaning wearing whatever my loved ones bought for me, which usually means older relatives). But for some reason, I've always wanted a pair of white jeans. I've mustered enough courage to buy a pair of white Levi's 514. I really like the look, but I've been getting some mixed feedback.

Guy friends tell me that they think it's too strong (kinda gay), female friends like it and don't think it's gay at all but told me not to wear it after Labor day. But I am digging the look and want to wear it now! The white is so easy to match, which helps because I have a limited selection in my wardrobe. One comment that really cracked me up was that I looked like a half peeled banana (I matched it with a yellow polo shirt). What are your thoughts on all this?

Below is a pic of me wearing it with a yellow polo shirt. Sorry about the bare feet!

Oct 13, 2012 @ 02:28
I want new levis and a new denim jacket now...thanks guys

Karmaloop REP Code: 4THEWIN 20%off

Oct 13, 2012 @ 03:58
Adam, I don't think it looks that bad. But I think it's more of a summer outfit.

Have fun keepin it clean blushing
Oct 13, 2012 @ 04:55
I want new levis and a new denim jacket now...thanks guys

I went to ross and saw a 3 kinds of em for $30 each

Didn't cop anything cause I was broke ass fuck.
Also saw some random selvedge denim from marshalls that had green stitchings instead of red for $30 as well.
imagine that feeling where you wished u just have money on during tht moment. so sad.
Oct 13, 2012 @ 07:49
wow $30 for trucker jacket is really good deal. Id buy the top one, first picture tongueface
Oct 13, 2012 @ 19:17
The grey one looks nice! Almost doesn't look a denim jacket.
Oct 16, 2012 @ 06:36
Worth copping?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEVIS-SELVEDGE-GOODS-COLLECTION-JEANS-apc-nudie-naked-and-famous-unbranded-/230865681602?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item35c0aabcc2
Oct 16, 2012 @ 06:42
I bought these anthracite 510's and when they came, they smelled pretty horrible; I imagine it was the finish. Anyway, does anyone know how to get rid of it? Or how to properly was them so the color does not run or fade? Thanks
Oct 16, 2012 @ 06:58
I bought these anthracite 510's and when they came, they smelled pretty horrible; I imagine it was the finish. Anyway, does anyone know how to get rid of it? Or how to properly was them so the color does not run or fade? Thanks

pics?
put it inside out an douse it with febreeze
Oct 16, 2012 @ 12:21
i wanna order VANS Era, but not sure about the sizing, im pretty sure it fits true to size but i want to get the smallest size possible that will fit me

Does anyone wear size 9.5 or 10 in Vans? If you have vans authentics, eras, can you please tell me which size you have and measure the bottom of the shoe sole for me please from front to back. I want to know the exactly length of the shoe for both sizes 9.5 and 10.

I wear size 10 in nikes, but i can wear size 9.5 in adidas and pro keds. I just wanna find the best size for me in vans.

thanks

these are the vans im gonna buy, on sale right now for $40 and i think look really good

Oct 16, 2012 @ 16:35
@vvind
Can you message me info? I'm not your size btw haha.

@justsayray
I wouldn't. Too worn for my liking.
And I need to go to my local Ross.... nice finds.

@overthebuilding
Unless they're raw denim, a wash isn't going to hurt them. Do a cold wash, then hang dry.
Otherwise, Febreez as recommended.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

Please login first to reply.