The Official Levi's Thread

Oct 10, 2012 @ 00:39
501s today.
Oct 10, 2012 @ 01:10
youre watching it out of context. the dude was asking about his jacket pages back.
he's just showing how he wears his jacket, and looking for constructive comments. yes the music was kind of dumb.
imo, denim goes fine with corduroy. denim and corduroy are both casual fabrics.
imo, denim jackets should be fitting, but shouldn't be worn like button up shirt LOL, and not with a vest over?
wear it opened, or with the middle 2-3 buttoned, never the top or bottom button.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

Oct 10, 2012 @ 02:37
slap i agree with ya on the buttoning and i think corduroys goes with denim fine.

I made the video so i can see how the jacket fits on me with the coruduroys. I wanted to see if the colors worked together. I wanted to see if the pants was giving me a diaper ass etc. Its kinda hard to see in a mirror sometimes so a quick video is pretty easy way to see everything. So thought id post it here anyways and see what you guys think. Sorry if the song sucks, i dont even listen to that song just random..

goldANDsacks, smoke so much gona mess u up
The corduroys fit me, yes they are a little snug in the thighs but they are fine i believe. I dont want it baggy?
I think corduroy pants and denim jacket works fine. Corduroy jackets and denim pants works fine too. Im sure you probably think chinos works better with denim jacket, and yeah that is good too. Im not going for biker mechanic cowboy..... just going for comfort and whatever i think works together.

Why would i put a vest ontop to cover the jacket? The levis trucker jacket is too good to be covered up. ?)
Oct 10, 2012 @ 02:48

heres a picture corduroy jacket + denim
it works, so denim jacket + corduroy pants is fine too
Oct 10, 2012 @ 02:53
goldANDsacks, is this what you mean?

I wouldnt wear it like this, but if you like it, coool
Oct 10, 2012 @ 23:24
@vvind
tapered

@slap
rip selvedge n cuff.
Oct 11, 2012 @ 00:31
Nice it looks better tapered justsayray
thinking maybe i might taper my grey cords but not sure where to take it and worried if it might be too tight or uneven afterwards. Think imma just leave it alone wont be too picky.
I still like my levis 511 cords the best

I tried on my cords with other shoes but all look average. I think these are the best lookin shoes to wear with because they are slim and low. I needa go buy some white or grey vans to switch it up
Oct 11, 2012 @ 00:44
I was bored.. uploaded a video of me wearing the denim jacket and corduroys. 4 buttons doesnt look that good in beginning, i think 3 buttons is best and i like rolling up sleeves. I think 5 buttons on denim jacket is good too. When i slim down a bit the jacket should look better too.

I'm dead, nigga really just made a video of this tight ass jacket and put music in the background

"You like to mistake a street nigga for real nigga"

Oct 11, 2012 @ 01:11
@realnigga, whats up my african american brotha! swaggggg killed a brotha
Oct 11, 2012 @ 01:17
@vvind
they killed the selvedge line plus i cant cuff em, no point wearing it anymore to me, second time that has happend to me.
Oct 11, 2012 @ 01:20
@justsayray wat the hell ... you pay to get it tailor and they fk up your pants? Thats why i dont wanna tailor...
If i were you, just wear em around the house lol or turn them into shorts
Oct 11, 2012 @ 01:27
ya dude look at the second picture, what kind of shitty tailoring is that. they were like "oh we didnt wanna hem the bottom of the jeans cause that would cost u more" bitch shud have just charged me to hem cause she costed me more than that shit.
Oct 11, 2012 @ 01:38
Instead of getting shit tapered, but a cut that you like.

http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

Oct 11, 2012 @ 01:56
Instead of getting shit tapered, but a cut that you like.

gingy, its not that easy when you shop at ross.
Oct 11, 2012 @ 02:50
lol yea fk tailoring. Imagine u were tailoring naked and famous loll 150$+ gone
just buy a fit that is tapered,,, like 511's
Oct 11, 2012 @ 02:59
yeah u lucky they arent some expensive jeans like naked and famous
just buy 511s next time then no need tailor
Oct 11, 2012 @ 02:59
yo my bad for being noob, i was doing quick reply on the previous page, and was wondering why nothing showed up. So messaged again and again until i realized my messages landed on this new page lol smh
Oct 11, 2012 @ 03:12
ill try picking up chino levis but if i see another 501 selvedge i gotta auto pick up
Oct 11, 2012 @ 03:17
k no homo
Oct 11, 2012 @ 04:13
i tried on levis trousers at the mall. Are they the same as the chinos? I didint like the feeling of the trousers. They were really thin and felt cheap and not comfy.
Oct 11, 2012 @ 15:36
Levi's have nice jeans for the price, I'd really recommend saving up for a nice pair of jeans from a different brand tho

http://jnmcknss.tumblr.com/

Oct 11, 2012 @ 15:39
Levi's have nice jeans for the price, I'd really recommend saving up for a nice pair of jeans from a different brand tho

This, Levis are good starter quality denim though

For Sale: Large Navy Supreme Floral Polo WTB: Medium Black Supreme Roses Football Top

Oct 11, 2012 @ 18:03
How do 513's look vs 512's

Im tryna get some to skate in

Ayyy!-Fonzie

Oct 11, 2012 @ 18:15
Hoping someone here can help me find the levi's I'm looking for...

I recently bought a pair of selvedge 505's, style 0505-0405...the fit is perfect. The problem is the distressing on these particular jeans is ridiculous imo:

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x465/Mejnoon3/2012-10-08_09-35-16_367.jpg
http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x465/Mejnoon3/2012-10-08_09-35-38_4.jpg

So I bought another pair, style 0505-0404. No wash/distressing, which I like, but the fit isn't quite the same. They're larger in the waste and the crotch sits lower.

Tags from both pairs:

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x465/Mejnoon3/2012-10-08_09-29-29_877.jpg

I would like to find a pair with the fit of the 0505-0405 jeans but with out the goofy distressing. I haven't had any luck trying to google by style number...can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Oct 11, 2012 @ 20:45

I have a few questions. I haven't bought new cloths in about 5 years. I've done some research and it looks like selvedge denims are all the rage. And the denim jackets seemed to me making a come back. I picked up my first selvedge denim, the Levis Matchstick, and also a trucker denim jacket (also a Levis).

Can I wear the jeans like it is or should I hem or cuff it? I'm also interested in opinions on fit. Also, does the jacket work with the color of the jean? Kinda hard to tell but the color of the jean is grey.

Please disregard the tag on my jacket. I'm trying to decide if I should keep it or return it.

Thanks
Oct 11, 2012 @ 21:34

I have a few questions. I haven't bought new cloths in about 5 years. I've done some research and it looks like selvedge denims are all the rage. And the denim jackets seemed to me making a come back. I picked up my first selvedge denim, the Levis Matchstick, and also a trucker denim jacket (also a Levis).

Can I wear the jeans like it is or should I hem or cuff it? I'm also interested in opinions on fit. Also, does the jacket work with the color of the jean? Kinda hard to tell but the color of the jean is grey.

Please disregard the tag on my jacket. I'm trying to decide if I should keep it or return it.

Thanks
keep both. looks good. Hem or cuff both look good...personally I like to cuff and have some stacks

Karmaloop REP Code: 4THEWIN 20%off

Oct 11, 2012 @ 21:38
I want a pair of Selvedge Levis. 511's would be nice...anybody have fade pics of those?

Karmaloop REP Code: 4THEWIN 20%off

Oct 11, 2012 @ 22:11
keep both. looks good. Hem or cuff both look good...personally I like to cuff and have some stacks

Thanks for the feedback. Can the length work as is (I guess stacking), or does it need to be longer in order to stack?
Oct 12, 2012 @ 00:48
@barsboys i dont know anything about 512... but, 513s fit the same as 511s but maybe just a bit looser.
Oct 12, 2012 @ 00:53
@mejnoon that pisses me off, how the sizing is never 100% consistent. You buy 2 jeans in same size and cut and they fit different lol. But i guess its normal, these jeans are man made they cant be 100% identical but close enough. Maybe you just need to try on a few pairs until you find the one that fits best. I was at H&M i tried on 7 pairs of the same pants to find which one fits best lol. Also damn those levis are soo expensive almost 200$...... id rather buy some naked and famous with that kinda money.
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0