The Official Samurai Denim and Apparel Thread

May 24, 2011 @ 04:12:35
^ Machine hot wash, no spin cycle. Hang dry outside.

/

May 24, 2011 @ 09:43:40
If anyone is interesed in some very lightly worn s5000vx 17oz jeans sz. 34 hit me up.
May 24, 2011 @ 10:06:08

Alright, is this going to make them lose alot of dye?

also, my true WAIST size (above hips) is 31.5
I want a fit exactly like this
how should i size? (710xx)
31 or 32?

May 24, 2011 @ 21:47:02
710BK's ~1.5 months?.. I wore them for about 2 weeks, but previous owner never said how much he wore them so my guess is ~1 month. Nothin much going on though just that 710BK's are awesome, so I wanted to share.

And a bonus shot of them with my S500JX-LR's @ ~3 months with 2 washes (will upload pictures later).

www.jacobskoglund.com | www.jacobsphotobooth.tumblr.com

May 25, 2011 @ 10:36:22
im planning on buying a pair of 710xx in the next week or 2, what should i do to make sure I get all of the shrinkage out first?

Yeah, I agree with this advice. Also, it will most likely take more than one wash to get all of the shrinkage out.

Alright, is this going to make them lose alot of dye?

also, my true WAIST size (above hips) is 31.5
I want a fit exactly like this
how should i size? (710xx)
31 or 32?

A couple of washes when raw will not cause much indigo loss.

I would go with the 31. In my experience, Samurais shrink significantly in the waist when you first wash them, but they stretch back out to raw size pretty easily.
May 25, 2011 @ 17:26:47
Here we are, S500JX-LR's +/-3 months.

May 25, 2011 @ 17:55:12
s5000bk @ around 5months of light wear

May 26, 2011 @ 02:23:28

May 26, 2011 @ 03:34:35
^ Nice. How many months? Washes?

/

May 26, 2011 @ 21:04:34
those are coming along nice!! Love the color of them
June 05, 2011 @ 14:53:27
should i size down or go tts on the s003?
June 06, 2011 @ 00:00:37
should i size down or go tts on the s003?

I'd probably size down 1 on that model. Make sure you are sizing down from your true waist measurement, not just your size in other brands of jeans.
June 20, 2011 @ 21:17:25
Hey guys, I just got a pair of S710XX and they have been an interesting start.

These jeans are extremely long, I'd say I'm a 32 inseam and on my Naked and Famous (34 inseam) I stacked them so they're fine. However these 19OZ denim look very baggy below the knees when I try to stack, should I go for a soak in order to try and shorten the inseam? Or should I just keep trying to wear and see how it works out from there. Or just find someone who can chain stitch in my city (Vancouver) to hem these jeans. If you want to see what I should do and need fit pics, ask and I'll take them.
June 20, 2011 @ 21:53:56
You should have given them a hot soak to get all the shrinkage out first... Otherwise, if you have and they were too long then you should get them hemmed.

June 20, 2011 @ 23:04:33
reron keep them at 36in inseam...SLP GANG ♥♥♥♥♥ WE IN DIS WE STILL IN DIS NEVER FORGET.
June 20, 2011 @ 23:42:09
soak your raw jeans before wear dude.

wtf?
June 21, 2011 @ 02:42:29
yeah an initial soak is inevitable with raw, unsanforized denim.

on another note, my S5000VX24oz have been shipped. So might be here by the end of the week
June 21, 2011 @ 03:14:40
smh reron
June 21, 2011 @ 12:04:19
I would go with the 31. In my experience, Samurais shrink significantly in the waist when you first wash them, but they stretch back out to raw size pretty easily.

So a tts would give you that kind of fit(on 710xx)? I was assuming that was sized down 1. I'm really on the fence on buying sammies, don't know if I should bite the bullet.
June 21, 2011 @ 13:04:55
Hey guys, I just got a pair of S710XX and they have been an interesting start.

These jeans are extremely long, I'd say I'm a 32 inseam and on my Naked and Famous (34 inseam) I stacked them so they're fine. However these 19OZ denim look very baggy below the knees when I try to stack, should I go for a soak in order to try and shorten the inseam? Or should I just keep trying to wear and see how it works out from there. Or just find someone who can chain stitch in my city (Vancouver) to hem these jeans. If you want to see what I should do and need fit pics, ask and I'll take them.

You should definitely hot soak Samurais at least once or twice before you hem them or even wear them a lot. They are unsanforized, so they will shrink significantly in the inseam (2-3") when they touch hot water. You're going to want to get this shrinkage out of the way now so that your fades and your length stay in their proper places when you do wash the jeans further on down the road.

So a tts would give you that kind of fit(on 710xx)? I was assuming that was sized down 1. I'm really on the fence on buying sammies, don't know if I should bite the bullet.

It looks to me like they are sized down 1 as well, but the OP was between sizes and asked which was better between sizing up a half size and sizing down a half size. I feel that between the two, sizing down a half size would be better, so that's what I told him.
June 23, 2011 @ 15:40:55
I haven't worn my jeans out yet, tags are still on. Going to give 1 soak and see how the inseam shrinks, the waist right is really tight so I'm scared I might not be able to get into them after the hot soak.

How hot should the water be.
June 23, 2011 @ 15:52:36
I haven't worn my jeans out yet, tags are still on. Going to give 1 soak and see how the inseam shrinks, the waist right is really tight so I'm scared I might not be able to get into them after the hot soak.

If the waist is already really tight you might need to return them considering it takes several soaks to get maximum shrinkage out. You might want to do 2 hot water soaks.
June 23, 2011 @ 18:47:26
Samurais s710xx, 6 months, being washed now!

pre-wash

June 23, 2011 @ 20:36:33

If the waist is already really tight you might need to return them considering it takes several soaks to get maximum shrinkage out. You might want to do 2 hot water soaks.

yeah i'd be cautious of shrinking htem too much if i were you

my pair was still shrinking after the 2nd or 3rd hot wash, not even mentioning any soaks
June 23, 2011 @ 21:01:43
im on the edge on ordering s710.. idk if i should order them from rakuten or BiG.. i see the ones from BiG dont have tabs nor arcs... or thats just the picture? http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=6788&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

June 23, 2011 @ 21:40:58
NOt sure, but I think you can have the tab put in on the 710 from BIG. They should come with arcs though?...

But if you order from rakuten the downside is the wait, communication (unless they speak english or you speak Japanese), and that you are probably going to have to pay custom fees, so it will eventually come out to the same price as the ones from BiG.

June 24, 2011 @ 01:00:02
im on the edge on ordering s710.. idk if i should order them from rakuten or BiG.. i see the ones from BiG dont have tabs nor arcs... or thats just the picture? http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=6788&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

I'm in the same boat as you, but what are the tabs/arcs you're talking about?
June 24, 2011 @ 01:37:34

BiG 710's come with arcs and tabs now. The pictures haven't been updated on the site for awhile.

If you order from Rakuten, it will end up being cheaper. Just make sure you order the right size.

Gordon at BiG is very helpful with sizing help and exchanges/returns. I personally would support BiG, they're cool people.

Edit: Heres the pair I picked up last month.

/

June 24, 2011 @ 01:46:53
oh i see, much thanks for the info.

June 24, 2011 @ 03:33:56
officialy, Samurais are sold without the arcs&tabs outside of Japan because of the Levi's lawsuit.
But BiG now kinda "ignores" it just to please you guys. It's a open secret. But of course he don't want to show it on his website to get in trouble. So keep it quiet
Please login first to reply.
x