The Official Samurai Denim and Apparel Thread

September 23, 2010 @ 16:08:04 PM
Guess almost every reputable source on the internet is wrong then. Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Could I get a second opinion, please?

Yeah, what solix said.

My jeans were not damaged at all & yes they weren't as stiff as when I hang dry them but they were still stiff, not like they come out like non-raw prewashed jeans.
September 23, 2010 @ 18:08:10 PM
my fav pair of sams on here smokeyface

thannnk you good sir

So nice. Thinking about soaking mine soon.

thanks! i would put off a soak for as long as possible though, unless they are starting to stink or you got some broken threads poppin' up here and there.

if you do soak, whatever fades you have sorta get more vibrant. the denim gets so "lively" after a good soak. it's all good either way.

just to add to peep's advice about machine drying, it's not at all a bad thing. hang drying just leaves 'em a little bit more stiff and allows things to set in easier. soft or stiff, you'll still get some nice evo with decent amount of wear time.
September 23, 2010 @ 18:57:13 PM
do whatever the fuck you wanna do. that's the purpose of raw denim. if everyone did the same exact thing, the jeans would all turn out the same. the goal is for each piece to have its own identity
September 23, 2010 @ 19:14:37 PM
do whatever the fuck you wanna do. that's the purpose of raw denim. if everyone did the same exact thing, the jeans would all turn out the same. the goal is for each piece to have its own identity

Quoted for the motherfucking truth, BITCHES!!
September 23, 2010 @ 20:33:50 PM
^
cant button my top 2 buttons yet smh

Did you go TTS? Those sams are only gonna get tighter after a soak.
September 24, 2010 @ 19:38:58 PM
all my samurais (710LOT 13 and 710bk) are TTS. I think its a really bad idea to go one size down because mines shrunk every time I soaked them.

streamzoo = redsalapao - instagram = greensalapao

September 25, 2010 @ 01:12:47 AM
^
I went down one i believe, but fuckin seriously looked like a shaolin monk trying to up his chi flow with kung fu poses trying to stretch the waist before i soaked them lol (what a fucking BITCH!!!). Then when i soaked i avoided water ever touching the waist. So yeah im happy to report i can button them fully blushing

If anyone looking to buy some new 710s idk if BiG sizing info is old (maybe cus it was based on a previous lot) but be cautious they are literally true to tag size.

Haha, well it's good to hear you got them buttoned! Just be warned they'll shrink a bit in the waist when you wash them. I went TTS and I still stuck a clothes hanger in the waist when I soaked mine just to be safe. And yeah those measurements on BiG seem to change from lot to lot. I had to send my first pair back cause they were too small smh
September 26, 2010 @ 00:51:23 AM
bought lins sams
September 26, 2010 @ 01:37:16 AM
^doraemon blushing
September 26, 2010 @ 04:19:05 AM
So If I have dukes in a 29 and I like the fit, What size would I get for 710s for a similar or ever so slightly smaller fit, My true waist is between a 29-30 i believe
September 26, 2010 @ 10:27:20 AM
s710s coming soon!
September 26, 2010 @ 16:09:49 PM
^^

dont fuck around with a sz29 seriously they would be too tight which was in my case, (albeit i managed to stretch them out) Go with the sz30 believe me, and if you want a slimmer fit hot soak in boiling water and they DEF get slimmer

Don't mess with boiling water. It can mess up the patch and wastes a lot of heat. Just do a hot wash (with a little detergent to help if you want) and throw them into the dryer.
September 26, 2010 @ 17:23:21 PM
Fucking shit! I spilled a shit ton of banana smoothie on my lap!! LOL.
& Fuck no I ain't washing it. They're hanging outside right now, hopefully the banana stink will go away.
September 26, 2010 @ 23:20:24 PM
TAKE5 x SAMURAI
anyone here gotten a good look at the take5-710 collab? looks dope as hell. 18 oz. 2 different red tabs. special edition patch. if i had the dough, i would cop in an instant

sorry drunk post more pic tom

2888 hk dollars before vip discount

180z s710xx cutting

size 30 measures 30.5 raw

*** pics stolen from DEMONITO of sufu

thank you sir, plus rep. I do note, he also said no tab and it has two :D
bit disappointed this is the only collab pair without 2 patches

*** pics stolen from KIT99BAR of sufu
September 26, 2010 @ 23:48:14 PM
^ i think the left pocket arcs are the same as the "unraveling" arcs on the other take5 collabs coming out. shit looks dope on the pbj ones, i think they should have those arcs on both pockets.
September 26, 2010 @ 23:50:40 PM
demonito gets another pair of jeans
September 27, 2010 @ 00:03:15 AM
^ i think the left pocket arcs are the same as the "unraveling" arcs on the other take5 collabs coming out. shit looks dope on the pbj ones, i think they should have those arcs on both pockets.

Yeah I think the left pocket stitching will be the same on all pairs. I like the idea of two different stitchings. Would have been even more chronic if they had two patches. I think I read that the SAMs are the only pair with only one
September 27, 2010 @ 10:01:21 AM
Fucking shit! I spilled a shit ton of banana smoothie on my lap!! LOL.
& Fuck no I ain't washing it. They're hanging outside right now, hopefully the banana stink will go away.

Epic. If anyone ask just say you got that new banana cologne.
September 27, 2010 @ 14:24:47 PM
Haha! No lie, it didn't smell bad at all but the air got rid of most of the smell, so it got that banana fresh scent.
September 27, 2010 @ 14:31:07 PM
get those banana fades!!!
September 27, 2010 @ 18:00:23 PM
Don't know if I should get the 710s or the book of the five rings S5000GX series...

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=7065&category_id=14&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Different cut...going to get the void/sky though, but they don't come till november >.<...don't know if it's worth the wait.

Buffalo Bills till I die.

September 27, 2010 @ 18:17:41 PM
if you're willing to spend that much, sure why not
good to see something else besides s710xx
September 27, 2010 @ 18:39:11 PM
yeah somethin other than a 710 would be a nice change. the element series is sick though. i remember seeing someone on sufu with the water pair. jawdropping. the s5000 is also a slimmer model. not quite as slim as the 710, but still more fitted than the 510.
September 27, 2010 @ 19:07:14 PM
tbh if i had the money i would probably get a pair
September 28, 2010 @ 02:08:46 AM
Copped the earth elemental version of the book of the 5 rings series...

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=7053&category_id=14&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Ordered size 30 on rakuten

Hopefully they'll be in by next week.

Buffalo Bills till I die.

September 28, 2010 @ 02:38:15 AM
Hello everyone. Jean newbie here, reporting for duty. Nice to meet you all!

I shall cut right to the chase. I'm really interested in picking up these jeans I saw on Rakuten's website. Below is the link to them:

en.item.rakuten.com/kamainj/10007588/

The only thing is, they're listed as being part of the "Samurai Series" under the item tag [and I hear they are simply incredible jeans], but in the item listing, I see them being called as "DPSR". Now I'm not sure if DPSR are an "off-brand" from the Samurai Series or not, but I'd really hate to spend the money on a sub-par pair of jeans I thought were part of the Samurai Series line.

Also, I noticed they are listed in size, from Small to Extra-Large, and not the traditional 29, 30, 31, and so on. I'm a 29 waist [and preferably 32 length or so], so which of the selection should I choose if I were to purchase them? I did the conversion, and it seems that Small would be the closest match to me , but then, I heard they like to shrink quite a bit with the pre-soak...

One more thing . If I were to order a few other items through the website [via various shops], would I pay seperate shipping fees for each, or would they group them all into one shipment [for those familiar with the site]? Since it's coming all of the way here to Canada, that would be quite the unsatifactory event.

I thank you for your time, Jean Guru's. I await your response, if you'd be so kind.

*Vysethevaliant sits cross-legged as he anticipates the enlightenment.*

Edit - Ah! It appears I already got an answer to my shipping question. Seperate charges, hmm? May have to just order the jeans for now...

Now if I can just figure out if these DPSR jeans are good quality or not, I can place my order. blushing
September 28, 2010 @ 08:28:26 AM
Ahh, the smell is gone from the jeans but it looks like I cummed all over the place lmfao!

PICS SOON! I think it looks cool.
September 28, 2010 @ 16:18:37 PM
Hello everyone. Jean newbie here, reporting for duty. Nice to meet you all!

I shall cut right to the chase. I'm really interested in picking up these jeans I saw on Rakuten's website. Below is the link to them:

en.item.rakuten.com/kamainj/10007588/

The only thing is, they're listed as being part of the "Samurai Series" under the item tag [and I hear they are simply incredible jeans], but in the item listing, I see them being called as "DPSR". Now I'm not sure if DPSR are an "off-brand" from the Samurai Series or not, but I'd really hate to spend the money on a sub-par pair of jeans I thought were part of the Samurai Series line.

Also, I noticed they are listed in size, from Small to Extra-Large, and not the traditional 29, 30, 31, and so on. I'm a 29 waist [and preferably 32 length or so], so which of the selection should I choose if I were to purchase them? I did the conversion, and it seems that Small would be the closest match to me , but then, I heard they like to shrink quite a bit with the pre-soak...

One more thing . If I were to order a few other items through the website [via various shops], would I pay seperate shipping fees for each, or would they group them all into one shipment [for those familiar with the site]? Since it's coming all of the way here to Canada, that would be quite the unsatifactory event.

I thank you for your time, Jean Guru's. I await your response, if you'd be so kind.

*Vysethevaliant sits cross-legged as he anticipates the enlightenment.*

Edit - Ah! It appears I already got an answer to my shipping question. Seperate charges, hmm? May have to just order the jeans for now...

Now if I can just figure out if these DPSR jeans are good quality or not, I can place my order. blushing

Those are not Samurai brand jeans. I am not familiar with those jeans, but looking at the pictures of them, they appear to be several steps below Samurai in quality. On Rakuten, a lot of non-Samurai stuff manages to get into the Samurai brand section, presumably for more exposure.

For sizing, it looks like all of the sizes will be too big for you. The measurement chart says that the size small has a waist measurement of just over 31". These jeans have been prewashed, so they won't shrink significantly at all.

Separate items at separate stores in Rakuten will incur separate shipping charges. As a matter of fact, Rakuten doesn't even let you complete checkout with more than one store at a time.
September 28, 2010 @ 16:46:20 PM
Those are not Samurai brand jeans. I am not familiar with those jeans, but looking at the pictures of them, they appear to be several steps below Samurai in quality. On Rakuten, a lot of non-Samurai stuff manages to get into the Samurai brand section, presumably for more exposure.

For sizing, it looks like all of the sizes will be too big for you. The measurement chart says that the size small has a waist measurement of just over 31". These jeans have been prewashed, so they won't shrink significantly at all.

Separate items at separate stores in Rakuten will incur separate shipping charges. As a matter of fact, Rakuten doesn't even let you complete checkout with more than one store at a time.

Perfection, thanks so much for the reply. I should have expected as much, considering how cheap they were.

I think I found a new pair of jeans that might suit me better, and they even offer a free hem if I desire it.

en.item.rakuten.com/bruno/17062/.

I know these typically go two sizes larger than their tag, so a 28 would be a 30, but I wear a belt, and they might shrink A BIT after my first wash, so it should be good. Although, the model in the picture is about my height, and are wearing the size 28, so maybe the length might be perfect for me. And I know Edwin is generally a pretty good brand. Maybe not to the quality of the Samurai Series, but I really don't have $300 to spend on jeans right now. smh

I thank you again for the reply. I'll have to bite the bullet and pay shipping twice, one for these jeans, and another for a very nice jacket I have my eye on. Oh yes...it will be an expensive month, but I must have them! blushing
September 28, 2010 @ 17:05:57 PM
Perfection, thanks so much for the reply. I should have expected as much, considering how cheap they were.

I think I found a new pair of jeans that might suit me better, and they even offer a free hem if I desire it.

en.item.rakuten.com/bruno/17062/.

I know these typically go two sizes larger than their tag, so a 28 would be a 30, but I wear a belt, and they might shrink A BIT after my first wash, so it should be good. Although, the model in the picture is about my height, and are wearing the size 28, so maybe the length might be perfect for me. And I know Edwin is generally a pretty good brand. Maybe not to the quality of the Samurai Series, but I really don't have $300 to spend on jeans right now. smh

I thank you again for the reply. I'll have to bite the bullet and pay shipping twice, one for these jeans, and another for a very nice jacket I have my eye on. Oh yes...it will be an expensive month, but I must have them! blushing

Yes, Edwin is a reputable brand, I don't think you'd go wrong with them.

For sizing, though, I think that these will be too big for you too. The 28 comes out to almost a 31" waist, if you look at the measurement charts. And because these are also prewashed, they won't shrink significantly, and they'll stretch out some as you wear them, too, even with a belt.
Please login first to reply.
x