The Official Samurai Denim and Apparel Thread

Sep 23, 2010 @ 10:53
my 710s came in last night!!! i forgot to take pre soak pics but theyre still drying right now.
Sep 23, 2010 @ 12:39
I guess you thought wrong, mine came out pretty damn stiff out the dryer & it definitely took care of the shrinking. No damage done either.

Guess almost every reputable source on the internet is wrong then. Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Could I get a second opinion, please?
Sep 23, 2010 @ 13:18
Dryers won't do any damage to the denim. They'll be a little bit softer than if you were to hang dry them, but nothing "extreme" that your other sources suggest.
Sep 23, 2010 @ 14:04
Someone sell me some Samurai's.

I have 32-33" inch waist!
Sep 23, 2010 @ 14:19
your water isn't getting hot enough up there ^ i suggest boiling some in a pot(s)

Edit* S&WSON lookin' goooood

So nice. Thinking about soaking mine soon.
Sep 23, 2010 @ 14:41
I'm looking for 710s bin good price in size 28. Hit me if you have these.

I miss old HB...

Sep 23, 2010 @ 16:08
Guess almost every reputable source on the internet is wrong then. Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Could I get a second opinion, please?

Yeah, what solix said.

My jeans were not damaged at all & yes they weren't as stiff as when I hang dry them but they were still stiff, not like they come out like non-raw prewashed jeans.
Sep 23, 2010 @ 18:08
my fav pair of sams on here smokeyface

thannnk you good sir

So nice. Thinking about soaking mine soon.

thanks! i would put off a soak for as long as possible though, unless they are starting to stink or you got some broken threads poppin' up here and there.

if you do soak, whatever fades you have sorta get more vibrant. the denim gets so "lively" after a good soak. it's all good either way.

just to add to peep's advice about machine drying, it's not at all a bad thing. hang drying just leaves 'em a little bit more stiff and allows things to set in easier. soft or stiff, you'll still get some nice evo with decent amount of wear time.
Sep 23, 2010 @ 18:57
do whatever the fuck you wanna do. that's the purpose of raw denim. if everyone did the same exact thing, the jeans would all turn out the same. the goal is for each piece to have its own identity

http://aphganistan.tumblr.com

Sep 23, 2010 @ 19:14
do whatever the fuck you wanna do. that's the purpose of raw denim. if everyone did the same exact thing, the jeans would all turn out the same. the goal is for each piece to have its own identity

Quoted for the motherfucking truth, BITCHES!!
Sep 23, 2010 @ 20:33
^
cant button my top 2 buttons yet smh

Did you go TTS? Those sams are only gonna get tighter after a soak.
Sep 24, 2010 @ 19:38
all my samurais (710LOT 13 and 710bk) are TTS. I think its a really bad idea to go one size down because mines shrunk every time I soaked them.

streamzoo = redsalapao - instagram = greensalapao

Sep 25, 2010 @ 01:12
^
I went down one i believe, but fuckin seriously looked like a shaolin monk trying to up his chi flow with kung fu poses trying to stretch the waist before i soaked them lol (what a fucking BITCH!!!). Then when i soaked i avoided water ever touching the waist. So yeah im happy to report i can button them fully blushing

If anyone looking to buy some new 710s idk if BiG sizing info is old (maybe cus it was based on a previous lot) but be cautious they are literally true to tag size.

Haha, well it's good to hear you got them buttoned! Just be warned they'll shrink a bit in the waist when you wash them. I went TTS and I still stuck a clothes hanger in the waist when I soaked mine just to be safe. And yeah those measurements on BiG seem to change from lot to lot. I had to send my first pair back cause they were too small smh
Sep 26, 2010 @ 00:51
bought lins sams
Sep 26, 2010 @ 01:37
^doraemon blushing
Sep 26, 2010 @ 04:19
So If I have dukes in a 29 and I like the fit, What size would I get for 710s for a similar or ever so slightly smaller fit, My true waist is between a 29-30 i believe

Inactive User

Sep 26, 2010 @ 10:27
s710s coming soon!
Sep 26, 2010 @ 16:09
^^

dont fuck around with a sz29 seriously they would be too tight which was in my case, (albeit i managed to stretch them out) Go with the sz30 believe me, and if you want a slimmer fit hot soak in boiling water and they DEF get slimmer

Don't mess with boiling water. It can mess up the patch and wastes a lot of heat. Just do a hot wash (with a little detergent to help if you want) and throw them into the dryer.
Sep 26, 2010 @ 17:23
Fucking shit! I spilled a shit ton of banana smoothie on my lap!! LOL.
& Fuck no I ain't washing it. They're hanging outside right now, hopefully the banana stink will go away.
Sep 26, 2010 @ 23:20
TAKE5 x SAMURAI
anyone here gotten a good look at the take5-710 collab? looks dope as hell. 18 oz. 2 different red tabs. special edition patch. if i had the dough, i would cop in an instant

sorry drunk post more pic tom

2888 hk dollars before vip discount

180z s710xx cutting

size 30 measures 30.5 raw

*** pics stolen from DEMONITO of sufu

thank you sir, plus rep. I do note, he also said no tab and it has two :D
bit disappointed this is the only collab pair without 2 patches

*** pics stolen from KIT99BAR of sufu

Sep 26, 2010 @ 23:48
^ i think the left pocket arcs are the same as the "unraveling" arcs on the other take5 collabs coming out. shit looks dope on the pbj ones, i think they should have those arcs on both pockets.
Sep 26, 2010 @ 23:50
demonito gets another pair of jeans
Sep 27, 2010 @ 00:03
^ i think the left pocket arcs are the same as the "unraveling" arcs on the other take5 collabs coming out. shit looks dope on the pbj ones, i think they should have those arcs on both pockets.

Yeah I think the left pocket stitching will be the same on all pairs. I like the idea of two different stitchings. Would have been even more chronic if they had two patches. I think I read that the SAMs are the only pair with only one

Sep 27, 2010 @ 10:01
Fucking shit! I spilled a shit ton of banana smoothie on my lap!! LOL.
& Fuck no I ain't washing it. They're hanging outside right now, hopefully the banana stink will go away.

Epic. If anyone ask just say you got that new banana cologne.
Sep 27, 2010 @ 14:24
Haha! No lie, it didn't smell bad at all but the air got rid of most of the smell, so it got that banana fresh scent.
Sep 27, 2010 @ 14:31
get those banana fades!!!
Sep 27, 2010 @ 18:00
Don't know if I should get the 710s or the book of the five rings S5000GX series...

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=7065&category_id=14&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Different cut...going to get the void/sky though, but they don't come till november >.<...don't know if it's worth the wait.

Buffalo Bills till I die.

Sep 27, 2010 @ 18:17
if you're willing to spend that much, sure why not
good to see something else besides s710xx
Sep 27, 2010 @ 18:39
yeah somethin other than a 710 would be a nice change. the element series is sick though. i remember seeing someone on sufu with the water pair. jawdropping. the s5000 is also a slimmer model. not quite as slim as the 710, but still more fitted than the 510.

Sep 27, 2010 @ 19:07
tbh if i had the money i would probably get a pair
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0