Get 15% Off + Free Shipping on Orders over $150 - Use Code: EPICSUMMER
September 27, 2010 @ 07:28 PM
souped

does n&f makes jeans with a waist smaller than 29? thats the smallest i can find online. :/

I purchased a pair of 28 on RevolveClothing. Usually, they do not sell this size but I guess I got lucky... keep checking.

I've also seen size 26 on Tobi.com for the Indigo. I can't post links - not enough posts. Just put the usual web format in front of this link below...

tobi.com/product/14825-naked-famous-denim-weirdguy-selvedge-jeans-in-indigo?color_id=17670
September 28, 2010 @ 02:49 PM
taylorcontrol1

This has probably been asked before, didn't wanna look through 190+ pages but with weird guy is it TTS?
September 28, 2010 @ 03:12 PM
jimmillion

This has probably been asked before, didn't wanna look through 190+ pages but with weird guy is it TTS?

Originally Posted by souped
One common topic on this thread is whether to go true to size, size down 1 or size down 2. I'd like to share my own view as well as some numbers.

I decided to purchase the Weird Guy in Vintage Blue (15 oz denim). Since I was unsure of sizing down one or two (I am a natural 30 waist), I purchased both size 28 and 29 through an online retailer with plans on returning one pair.

Since ordering online may be the easiest option for many, I wanted to provide some metrics surrounding the sizing of the jeans as they were delivered to save others the potential hassle of returning an unwanted pair.

Vintage Blue 28
Front Rise - 9.8"
Waist - 14.5
Back Rise - 13
Inseam - 34

Vintage Blue 29
Front Rise - 9.8"
Waist - 15.5
Back Rise - 13
Knee - 8

My recommendation: If you plan on fading/not washing for a prolonged period of time, I'd recommend sizing down two. But if you want them a little looser/sagged, sizing down one should work.
September 28, 2010 @ 04:00 PM
taylorcontrol1

Originally Posted by souped
One common topic on this thread is whether to go true to size, size down 1 or size down 2. I'd like to share my own view as well as some numbers.

I decided to purchase the Weird Guy in Vintage Blue (15 oz denim). Since I was unsure of sizing down one or two (I am a natural 30 waist), I purchased both size 28 and 29 through an online retailer with plans on returning one pair.

Since ordering online may be the easiest option for many, I wanted to provide some metrics surrounding the sizing of the jeans as they were delivered to save others the potential hassle of returning an unwanted pair.

Vintage Blue 28
Front Rise - 9.8"
Waist - 14.5
Back Rise - 13
Inseam - 34

Vintage Blue 29
Front Rise - 9.8"
Waist - 15.5
Back Rise - 13
Knee - 8

My recommendation: If you plan on fading/not washing for a prolonged period of time, I'd recommend sizing down two. But if you want them a little looser/sagged, sizing down one should work.

Thank you sir
September 28, 2010 @ 04:07 PM
infiniteme

Are elephant Selvedge easier to fade? or is the same as broken twill?

Has anyone even had the elephant denim long enough to get it to fade yet?
September 28, 2010 @ 11:23 PM
gaumtronx

Frankenstein

Has anyone else noticed this last issue with WeirdGuys?

Still, I would be willing to purchase another pair of WeirdGuys....considering purchasing a pair of Frankensteins if I can find them in size 28. Has anyone seen them (online)?

Just picked up 3 pairs of N&F with another on the way...
I've only worn each pair a handful of times, but I do notice the fly flap creasing up on the Indigos...one issue for me is that the pockets are retarded tight, I hate having to work so hard to get my smokes out.

I got the Frankensteins, Raised Selvege, and Indigos a couple weeks ago, love the Frankenstein, they're badass...they change the direction of the weave every 2.5 inches so it creates a horizontal bar effect (there may be some technical name for this but i'm a noob, apologies) They're a bigger slub denim too.

Idk where you'd find them, just saw they didn't have a 28 on Revolveclothing...

Literally just ordered the WeirdGuy Double Weave Houndstooth off of Tobi...I couldn't resist.

Hope that helps, I could take some pics of the frankies and post them if that'd help you out.
September 28, 2010 @ 11:59 PM
gibsond

Got my skninyguy elephants in today must say they are hard as hell to button not because they're too tight but because of the material being so hard this is probably my favorite pair of denim compared to other n&f and nudies I have ill post pics of these, grey sect and black stretch tomorrow
September 29, 2010 @ 12:39 AM
Sharksfan

It depends what kind of fit you want. I sized down one and im a size 32 waist, I have huge thighs so it was tight at first but they stretched out to be a perfect slim straight type fit. You could size down 2 but it will be like skin tight.
September 29, 2010 @ 01:09 AM
Jirugi

I'd go weird guy tts.
The waist stretched out a ton on my pair, but the thigh did not. Ended up being too tight for me. I sized down one when I should've gotten tts.

“There are two kinds of spurs, my friend. Those that come in by the door; and those that come in by the window.”

September 29, 2010 @ 09:35 AM
jross

hey i know this has probably been answered but i can't find it.. how long is the inseam on naked and famous? specifically weird guys size 31-32
September 29, 2010 @ 03:08 PM
griefypants

hey i know this has probably been answered but i can't find it.. how long is the inseam on naked and famous? specifically weird guys size 31-32

reckon the standard for slims and wierds is 35. the skinny guys seem much longer. ive heard as long as 38?
September 29, 2010 @ 08:04 PM
halisray

Hey do the stacks and knee bunching settle down after a few weeks? I'm in day 10 of my wear and I find it bunching at the knees a bit and its hella annoying.. im 6 feet tall, around 155lbs, size 29

thanks!
September 29, 2010 @ 09:32 PM
bulldogskoleff

Anyone wanna hook me up with a link to where I can cop Deep Indigo's? Yes I'm THAT lazy.
September 29, 2010 @ 09:56 PM
halisray

nice fades backspace! shame about the crotch, you could've gotten those repaired no?
September 30, 2010 @ 12:00 AM
ony

The same exact thing happened to me hahaha had deep indigos wore them til crotch blew out and bought some sam 710s i still want to repair them but like you no rush at all
September 30, 2010 @ 11:45 AM
griefypants

September 30, 2010 @ 02:22 PM
bulldogskoleff

^ Much appreciated
September 30, 2010 @ 02:50 PM
rig510

Been looking through this thread and can't find much info on the slim guy fit, so I apologize if this has already been answered. But how should one size on the slims? Down one? True to size?

Looking for -- Triumvir BDU jacket and NBHDxstussyxlevis jacket both in small

September 30, 2010 @ 06:13 PM
AirRayAllen

I was wondering if anybody has the Frankenstein weird guy's yet, because i just received mines from ebay and they don't have a selvage lining at the bottom opening's. It looks like they were samples because the tag was written with a sharpie; type of style and materials.
September 30, 2010 @ 06:44 PM
jimmillion

Been looking through this thread and can't find much info on the slim guy fit, so I apologize if this has already been answered. But how should one size on the slims? Down one? True to size?

Because they are straight legs I sized down two because I wanted smaller leg openings. My true waist size is 35 and I was looking for something with a tighter fit.

If your waist size is below 34 then I'd suggest going down one. Just because with the smaller sizes if you go down two their gonna look painted on.
September 30, 2010 @ 08:05 PM
halisray

Hey do the stacks and knee bunching settle down after a few weeks? I'm in day 10 of my wear and I find it bunching at the knees a bit and its hella annoying.. im 6 feet tall, around 155lbs, size 29

thanks!

bump!
September 30, 2010 @ 08:19 PM
Podge

bump!

I'm sure they will settle. The knees get a lot of friction and rubbing and movement, resulting in stretch.
Backspace's pair is amazing for only just 9 months.

BTW It is very naive to expect to get deep indigo weird guys for 110shipped when revolve has them for 175+ship at the moment.
~Lefty
September 30, 2010 @ 08:27 PM
blazingazn

Just got my 24oz jeans last week and the crotch has some kind of seam coming out sad
I'm disappointed.

Is this anything I should be concerned about? It seems like they just didn't fold over enough fabric with they sewed it up.

September 30, 2010 @ 08:38 PM
jimmillion

^

the pics a little blurry but it looks like the fabric got caught on something and split. If it's convenient then I'd say return it for another pair. If not then cut it down to about 1/8" with scissors then take a lighter to it quickly to burn it down. the flame will melt and fuse the fibers together and prevent splitting in the future.
September 30, 2010 @ 10:53 PM
halisray

I'm sure they will settle. The knees get a lot of friction and rubbing and movement, resulting in stretch.
Backspace's pair is amazing for only just 9 months.

BTW It is very naive to expect to get deep indigo weird guys for 110shipped when revolve has them for 175+ship at the moment.
~Lefty

thanks
October 1, 2010 @ 12:04 AM
dango

Does anyone else here own a pair of regular indigos?
i feel like the only one.
October 1, 2010 @ 01:34 AM
rig510

Because they are straight legs I sized down two because I wanted smaller leg openings. My true waist size is 35 and I was looking for something with a tighter fit.

If your waist size is below 34 then I'd suggest going down one. Just because with the smaller sizes if you go down two their gonna look painted on.

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Looking for -- Triumvir BDU jacket and NBHDxstussyxlevis jacket both in small

October 1, 2010 @ 12:07 PM
Podge

^

the pics a little blurry but it looks like the fabric got caught on something and split. If it's convenient then I'd say return it for another pair. If not then cut it down to about 1/8" with scissors then take a lighter to it quickly to burn it down. the flame will melt and fuse the fibers together and prevent splitting in the future.

Good shit on the lighter fusing tip. I didn't think of doing that to something like that ha.
~Lefty
October 1, 2010 @ 05:26 PM
gaumtronx

Does anyone else here own a pair of regular indigos?
i feel like the only one.

you're not...i love mine.
October 1, 2010 @ 05:54 PM
bronze

you're not...i love mine.

same i like them better than the deep indigos

Please login first to reply.