Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 4, 2010 @ 01:19 PM
Eugen Eugen

June 5, 2010 @ 01:23 AM
GOURMEHH

that looks pretty sick
June 5, 2010 @ 09:08 AM
griefypants

also, i feel i should mention my gf made an interesting dicovery. she usually swears by cheap monday cause they have a nice generous rise, which i also like. but she wanted to try something different, so she tried other brands(nudie hi kai, apc, etc.),which were very low in a weirdly antiquated way. but the salesperson suggested skinny guys, and they worked out really well. they look a lot like oldstyle ladies 501's on her, especially as theyve loosened a bit. maybe since itll be sunny today we'll take some pics.
June 6, 2010 @ 02:14 PM
Carlton C-Note Banks

i asked this question a while back but i wanted to see if anyone else had some experience with the grey weird guys. roughly how many days of actual wear would you say that it should take for the greys to stretch out all the way?
June 6, 2010 @ 02:48 PM
3 Stripes

so i went to a party n got shitfaced...realiized this morning that i got stains on my jeans from walking on a persons lawn and it had rained earlier that day. so its not grass its brown stains but not mud.... i got black skinny guys.... how do i get the stains out?? thanx
June 6, 2010 @ 04:22 PM
griefypants

i asked this question a while back but i wanted to see if anyone else had some experience with the grey weird guys. roughly how many days of actual wear would you say that it should take for the greys to stretch out all the way?

well, that all depends. if have have a relatively relaxed fit to start, they may never stretch a lot. if theyre slim to start, should take 2-5 days of regular wear. some parts may stretch out a little more with time, also. if theyre super snug, theyll be done stretching very quickly, and thats that. they wont budge any more. hope that helps.
June 6, 2010 @ 05:57 PM
Carlton C-Note Banks

thanks, i have a relatively slim fit, probably not as slim as some people here but i think it's slim, im hoping the thighs stretch out some more though. i stopped working out my legs like i did when i played sports but they're still sort of big. but ive worn them for maybe 2 days, almost 3 days worth of wear though.
June 6, 2010 @ 06:02 PM
p_giguere1

Anybody knows if there's a difference in denim quality between the regular naked and famous and the unbranded ones sold at urban outfitters? is it just the branding and the fact that it's made in china instead of canada or is the denim cheaper quality too?
June 6, 2010 @ 06:49 PM
griefypants

Anybody knows if there's a difference in denim quality between the regular naked and famous and the unbranded ones sold at urban outfitters? is it just the branding and the fact that it's made in china instead of canada or is the denim cheaper quality too?

they definitely are cheaper in both and other respects. if youre just getting into this stuff, i couldnt imagine a more ideal practice pair than UO, but if youre looking for a higher quality longterm project, i think youll find the difference pretty clear on sight.
June 6, 2010 @ 06:57 PM
jlaz93

I think the best practice pair you can get is marc jacobs X wrangler. they are great. Check out the thread and i can tell you more about them. the only prob is you have to buy them on ebay. but they are less than 100 or around that area.
June 6, 2010 @ 07:27 PM
p_giguere1

I think the best practice pair you can get is marc jacobs X wrangler. they are great. Check out the thread and i can tell you more about them. the only prob is you have to buy them on ebay. but they are less than 100 or around that area.

yeah well i like my jeans skinny and the UO ones are offered in 3 cuts including skinny. the jacobs x wrangler ones seem to have have just one cut right? what if i'd like something along the line of the APC New Cure, are there any other jeans with a better bang for your buck?
June 6, 2010 @ 07:48 PM
griefypants

yeah well i like my jeans skinny and the UO ones are offered in 3 cuts including skinny. the jacobs x wrangler ones seem to have have just one cut right? what if i'd like something along the line of the APC New Cure, are there any other jeans with a better bang for your buck?

apc is arguably better than the UO brand. they certainly are more expensive, and much closer to what one should expect from a $200+ pair. but to me, they still very much have a practice feel, which could be inherent to their also being chinese in manufacture. NF is kina the premier of the practice denim market, so while they arent always as expensive, they tend to come across as a more premium product. but then, a less biased opinion than my own couldnt be easier to find.
June 6, 2010 @ 07:58 PM
jlaz93

I think that nudies or naked and famous are pretty good if you want a range of fits. im not a big fan of apc. i just dont like how the fades come out. but for like 80 or how ever you are going to pay for uo unbranded you can use a coupon code at karmaloop for like 30 percent off and spend liek 20 dollars more. just my 2 cents about buying unbranded. but the marc jacobs X wrangler fit is pretty slim. you can checkk my fit pic and see its a slim/skinny fit. i wouldnt say skinny because it doesnt taper but its def slim.
June 10, 2010 @ 02:04 AM
jlaz93

Can someone explain all the differnt naked and famous jeans. I dont mean the fit, but the fabrics used. What is the point of the unbleached selvage model? what is chambray? i have seen it in shirts but i dont know anything about it? their are just a bunch of different fabrics and what not used, i am very confused with many of the pairs.
June 10, 2010 @ 11:58 AM
griefypants

Can someone explain all the differnt naked and famous jeans. I dont mean the fit, but the fabrics used. What is the point of the unbleached selvage model? what is chambray? i have seen it in shirts but i dont know anything about it? their are just a bunch of different fabrics and what not used, i am very confused with many of the pairs.

the unbleached selvage is kina neat cause the warp and weft are the same color. but they are white, which makes that less practical. chambray is similar in that the warp and weft are also the same, but the weave itself is much less three dimensional. its a flat weave which is generally much lighter in weight than a denim weave.
June 10, 2010 @ 12:35 PM
jlaz93

thank you. that cleared some stuff up. One thing that naked and famous is really good at is inovating. they dont just stick to the norm with their denim like many brands do.
June 14, 2010 @ 10:44 AM
Ecstasy

just a headsup....NF going up on Gilt friday....Id assume 25-40% off retail, cant see the price dropping into the 50%+ off range

click pic for invite for whoevers been living in a cave and hasnt signed up

upvote me so i can look cool on the internet

June 14, 2010 @ 11:20 AM
3 Stripes

sweet cant wait
June 16, 2010 @ 11:42 AM
UNCMN

So its been 9 months of wear on my Deep indigo weird guys.

Do I hot soak?

NF for sale: 190z Elephant Skins, and Broken Twills Weird Guy Tagged 33.

June 16, 2010 @ 12:11 PM
GOLDENi

wash
June 16, 2010 @ 01:53 PM
UNCMN

wash

soaked

June 16, 2010 @ 06:46 PM
GOLDENi

Lol, okay. Washing would of shown the fades better & you would've lost more indigo. But soaking is good too, since you probably wanted to leave some indigo in.
June 16, 2010 @ 07:57 PM
heyitscarter

If you're just getting into raw denim, the UO is definitely a great practice pair. I have them and you should just check out the thread, the fits are nice and are only $78 and its dark indigo. Can't really go wrong with them especially if you're looking for something cheap to start with
June 17, 2010 @ 02:32 AM
UNCMN

Lol, okay. Washing would of shown the fades better & you would've lost more indigo. But soaking is good too, since you probably wanted to leave some indigo in.

Ding! Just put em on and they feel like new! Super stiff and tight again.

I'm going to give them a full wash in like a year or so.

If you're just getting into raw denim, the UO is definitely a great practice pair. I have them and you should just check out the thread, the fits are nice and are only $78 and its dark indigo. Can't really go wrong with them especially if you're looking for something cheap to start with

People keep saying this, but honestly i think these are better that Cheap Monday "unwash" is a better fit for a true "starter". Lower price point, more fits, and overall longer experience.

I support brandon for his choice, but for a newbie. $50 + Tax is better than say $80 + S/H + Tax.

June 17, 2010 @ 12:24 PM
griefypants

Ding! Just put em on and they feel like new! Super stiff and tight again.

I'm going to give them a full wash in like a year or so.

People keep saying this, but honestly i think these are better that Cheap Monday "unwash" is a better fit for a true "starter". Lower price point, more fits, and overall longer experience.

I support brandon for his choice, but for a newbie. $50 + Tax is better than say $80 + S/H + Tax.

i have the cm unwash too, and i will never ever get rid of them. ive worn the same pair regularly without washing once since august of 07. if something happened to them, i would be sad and have to replace them cause theyre too neat and remain relevant. true, theyre less expensive than the UO, but i just doubt anyone would care enough about the UO to lament the mistakes and accidentals so much as to repurchase them. if they die, they die, c'est la vie.
June 18, 2010 @ 12:20 PM
GOLDENi

N&F on sale at Gilt now, all the weirdguys are basically gone sad

No one is buying the brown slim guys lol, shits cheap I was thinkin' of coppin' but brown.. ehh
June 18, 2010 @ 11:27 PM
Dexter

^ lol I was super sad when I saw that everything was gone :/.
June 18, 2010 @ 11:57 PM
F/22

N&F on sale at Gilt now, all the weirdguys are basically gone sad

No one is buying the brown slim guys lol, shits cheap I was thinkin' of coppin' but brown.. ehh

i was about to cop those but i heard slim guys are like straight fit, close to 501 so i backed out not really a popular cut.
June 19, 2010 @ 07:21 AM
ahhhrt

I wouldn't go that far, 501 is probably the most purchased/reproduced cut ever.
June 19, 2010 @ 11:50 AM
griefypants

I wouldn't go that far, 501 is probably the most purchased/reproduced cut ever.

i like slim guys just fine. but i remember asking brandon if those brown ones were selvage, and he said no. s'all good, tho. theyre still really neat. and all gone. i think 501s are a great cut. im sad theyre generally made in mexico. brown selvage 47's would be totes aws. with a nice high rise and all that. low rise is poop.

Please login first to reply.