The Official Naked & Famous Denim Thread

May 23, 2010 @ 12:33
im thinkin this is one of the more popular N&F forums. im sure some people in this forum have brandon's contact info. we should get him in here. maybe he can shed some light on the denim itself, and why the fades take so long. maybe youre just sposed to wear them till you die.
May 23, 2010 @ 16:23
^ Fuc that. I'm lookin for five minute APC fades smokeyface
Seriously though, you're probably right. It seems like people on sufu might know more (based on what I've seen)

“There are two kinds of spurs, my friend. Those that come in by the door; and those that come in by the window.”

May 23, 2010 @ 22:24
i just bought a pair of weirdguy indigo and should i wash em before wearing them? my brother is saying i should wash it since it could be dirty and what not..but you guys seem to wait until 6 months? thanks
May 23, 2010 @ 22:26
Lol, definitely do not wash it right away.
It even says on the tag to wait for 6 months or more. Just wear them.
May 23, 2010 @ 22:45
if all goes well, they will be dirty. they will get very dirty, and the dirt will go away. it just happens. like magic. you dont ever have to wash them if you dont like. you can throw them in the freezer if they get stinky.
May 24, 2010 @ 14:53
definitely do no pre soak

http://aphganistan.tumblr.com

May 25, 2010 @ 16:16
New pair of Weird Guy greys for sale
I have a new pair (worn once, no wash, no soak) of Weird Guys in grey that I'm gauging interest in. They are a size 34 and have been hemmed 4 inches.

Make me an offer.
May 25, 2010 @ 20:52
Hey PUR3GEN31US. I have fewer than 15 posts, so it won't let me reply to your DM. Leg opening is 7.5, inseam is now 30.
May 25, 2010 @ 20:57
Damn, inseam might be a little to short for my taste. Did you taper after hemming?
I'll offer $60
May 25, 2010 @ 21:32
Damn, inseam might be a little to short for my taste. Did you taper after hemming?
I'll offer $60

Yeah, I've kinda got stumpy legs, and I don't like a lot of stacks so I figured they might me kind of short for most.

I didn't taper them after I got them hemmed, but the leg opening is only 1/2 bigger than original opening.

I was hoping to get more than $60. I actually might hang on to them now that I've tried them on again. I was thinking that I liked my grey STF's better, but I think these will wear nicely.
May 25, 2010 @ 21:35
Yeah, I've kinda got stumpy legs, and I don't like a lot of stacks so I figured they might me kind of short for most.

I didn't taper them after I got them hemmed, but the leg opening is only 1/2 bigger than original opening.

I was hoping to get more than $60. I actually might hang on to them now that I've tried them on again. I was thinking that I liked my grey STF's better, but I think these will wear nicely.

they wont.
i have some. 8 months and have the progress that my imperials have had in like half a month lol
now i know these are grey jeans and cant be compared but still
and not to mention when you wash em they lose a whole bunch of die and look like shit

http://luccaxverrelli.tumblr.com

May 25, 2010 @ 21:42
they wont.
i have some. 8 months and have the progress that my imperials have had in like half a month lol
now i know these are grey jeans and cant be compared but still
and not to mention when you wash em they lose a whole bunch of die and look like shit

I should have clarified. I meant I think they will wear on my body well, ha ha. I'm not expecting much fading with the greys. I have a pair of the vintage blues as well that I have high hopes for judging by one of the members on here who's look amazing.
May 28, 2010 @ 22:20
wtf does broken twill mean

Instead of the twill running to the right or left, broken twill jeans contain no distinct direction of weave. The weave is instead alternated right and left - the end effect resembles a random zig-zag
May 29, 2010 @ 01:30
Planning to wash mine what spin setting should i set in on? I'm gonna make it a hot wash.
May 30, 2010 @ 08:00
You guys size true to waist? Or size down? Looking to buy some weird guys. Those fit similar to Nudies Slim Jims?
May 30, 2010 @ 09:44
one down will give a pretty good fit with wierd guys
May 30, 2010 @ 12:01
Down one.
May 30, 2010 @ 15:44

skinny guys....
need to get em tailored some..wat yall think?
edit: and yes i do know that left ankle sag looks kinda funky, can easily adjust that
May 30, 2010 @ 16:47
Good fit man! are those the blacks SG's ?? they look great, could definately use a 1-2 inch hem though
May 30, 2010 @ 23:38
yup blushing gonna tailor them 2 inches or so
May 31, 2010 @ 01:20
man.. is it just me, or overtime the indigo colour from weirdguys turns into this disgustingly rich navy blue colour?

I washed/soaked mine after 11 months of light/medium wear, and before wash, it was a disgusting navy blue blue colour, and after wash, its even more disgusting.

Shuld i crazy wash it to turn it into a lighter blue? Or would it still stay nearly the same colour? id rather have a light blue then this disgusting navy blue
May 31, 2010 @ 02:27
So heres the pics post wash.. its not 100% dry yet, about 85-90% dry

11 months of light/medium wear. First wash.... Its more of a hardcore soak with soap, then a wash.

All pics are w/o flash

Oh and... pictures do it a LOT more justice then it deserves. Looks at least 5x shittier then the pics portray.. since it doesn't capture the disgusting blue im trying to talk about.. not even the pic w/ flash... The flash pic is way too bright, and the non-flash pics are a lot darker or more indiglo then it rly is

This pic below is the only w/ flash:

May 31, 2010 @ 10:39
but holes look so mighty fancy when theyre all patched up.

sorry, zeta, but with ekan i agree. more wash. they take extree wearing, and maybe they need extree washing, too. fwiw, visually, i think a polished brown shoe could help draw out the fades. doesnt fix, but little tricks like that could help take the edge off while youre still workin on'em.
May 31, 2010 @ 22:33
i got the unbranded denim from urbanoutfitters and i was gona get the weird guy indigo.. but i dont want to get it if its the same color indigo.. does anyone if the unbranded indigo is the same color as the weirdguys
May 31, 2010 @ 23:00
Just washed my deep indigos after 4 months ill post pics tomarrow
Jun 01, 2010 @ 10:42
i got the unbranded denim from urbanoutfitters and i was gona get the weird guy indigo.. but i dont want to get it if its the same color indigo.. does anyone if the unbranded indigo is the same color as the weirdguys

ones who might not be as well versed in, or just dont care about these matters might say that indigo is indigo and that you would be rebuying the same pants. but myself, ive never seen two indigos exactly the same. also, these cuts are way different. also, unbranded is made in china as opposed to canada. the regular indigo variety from naked and famous is going to be a little lighter in weight to your unbranded, also. point is, the list of differences go on and on.
if you dont want the same color, weird guys are available in others. wouldnt it be neat if they did the weird guys in chino?
Jun 01, 2010 @ 11:49
I got mud & stuff on my jeans yesterday, lol. I was stupid enough to play in the rain & the grass at the same time..

Had to throw my jeans in the washer again.. Hasn't even been a month yet since I threw 'em in.. Oh well.. fuck it, haha. Not like they would have gotten anywhere anyways.
Jun 01, 2010 @ 17:15
Someone buy these skinny guys size 30 for cheaapp

http://hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130549

https://www.instagram.com/sir_fred/

Jun 01, 2010 @ 20:34
ones who might not be as well versed in, or just dont care about these matters might say that indigo is indigo and that you would be rebuying the same pants. but myself, ive never seen two indigos exactly the same. also, these cuts are way different. also, unbranded is made in china as opposed to canada. the regular indigo variety from naked and famous is going to be a little lighter in weight to your unbranded, also. point is, the list of differences go on and on.
if you dont want the same color, weird guys are available in others. wouldnt it be neat if they did the weird guys in chino?

if they had the weird guys in indigo... i would goo NUTZ... i wish they did though. ive been looking all over but u def confirmed that they didnt.. smh... but thanks for letting me know.. so ur definately confirming that the indigo weird guyz is a lighter color.. thanks for the reply
Jun 01, 2010 @ 22:21
damn that wash doesnt really look good

Foamposite "White Out" I Air Jordan IX / XI / XIII I XIV Retro 2013 "He Got Game" I OGs I Nike SBs I Margeilas

Please login first to reply.