SALE - Up to 70% Off - Shop Now
January 2, 2010 @ 06:37 PM
GOLDENi

Tomorrow I am at 3 months with my Weird Guys, I am thinking of giving it a wash.. they startin' to stankk or should I just soak em?
January 2, 2010 @ 10:09 PM
Jirugi

^What about dry clean

“There are two kinds of spurs, my friend. Those that come in by the door; and those that come in by the window.”

January 2, 2010 @ 10:27 PM
VanKwisH

depends on what you want...
soaking generally prevents indigo loss
washing enhances indido loss for those epic fadez..
it really depends on the heat of the water though... hot=more indigo loss, cold=less indigo loss
But since they stink... i'd suggest a soak to completely get rid of the smell ( and stains razz )
January 2, 2010 @ 10:38 PM
GOLDENi

Aight cool! Soak it is, I'mma soak 'em tomorrow. I'm guessing soaking them would make it more difficult for fades? sad
January 2, 2010 @ 11:11 PM
King GeeDorah

how do these strech im trying to avoid the awkwardness of not being able to button my jeans so dont tell me size down 8 like some apc's
January 2, 2010 @ 11:45 PM
GOLDENi

Size down one if you got big thigs/calfs.. 2 if you dont
January 3, 2010 @ 01:37 AM
Dexter

where to cop weird guys on the cheap?
cool
January 3, 2010 @ 03:17 AM
zetazeta

where to cop weird guys on the cheap?
cool

cheapest are when they're onsale at tobi or other sites that carry em, and are having a sale.
January 3, 2010 @ 03:38 AM
matt

genius, just hang them outside in the sunlight for awhile, or stuff them in your freezer. don't gotta soak breh.

going 4 months strong now.
January 3, 2010 @ 04:25 AM
VanKwisH

Aight cool! Soak it is, I'mma soak 'em tomorrow. I'm guessing soaking them would make it more difficult for fades? sad

Precisely, it does to a certain extent I believe. unless you find a way to totally beat the crap outta them.
January 3, 2010 @ 11:17 AM
UNCMN

DUDE! Throw them in the freezer overnight!!! Why would you ever do a soak? Ive never washed my jeans.

NF for sale: 190z Elephant Skins, and Broken Twills Weird Guy Tagged 33.

January 3, 2010 @ 12:02 PM
Potsnu

genius, just hang them outside in the sunlight for awhile, or stuff them in your freezer. don't gotta soak breh.

going 4 months strong now.

And there's nothing wrong with soaking or washing at 4 months. I've washed mine once and soaked my once. Barely lost any indigo. No point of purposely delaying a wash and weakening the integrity of the denim for what? Epic fades?

You can have a nice pair of denim by regularly washing and soaking as well. It's called cold water and Woolite Dark breh.

DUDE! Throw them in the freezer overnight!!! Why would you ever do a soak? Ive never washed my jeans.

You're all retarded. Stop giving bad advice ok.

This is what happens when you don't wash your denim when you should:

You should see my friend's indigo worn for over 1.5 years no wash. Giant gaping hole in your crotch doesn't compensate for similar results in fading.
January 3, 2010 @ 12:35 PM
UNCMN

You're all retarded. Stop giving bad advice ok.

This is what happens when you don't wash your denim when you should:

You should see my friend's indigo worn for over 1.5 years no wash. Giant gaping hole in your crotch doesn't compensate for similar results in fading.

Correlation is not causation sir. We're not retards, you're making the wrong assumption.

I've seen crotch rips on people who wash their jeans all the time, so where is your theory now? If anything, not washing actually keeps the integrity of the cotton fibers together. It makes no sense that something that throws and spins the denim around in a metal cylinder would be less abrasive than simply not washing it.

The only non-abrasive washing I can think of is hand washing. Fuck that.

January 3, 2010 @ 12:36 PM
darkness45

it is VERY necessary to wash jeans, because what it does is that the cotton shrinks back regaining it's strength, u can sorta think of it like a very compact grid representin the grains on ur denim, over time that grid will become brittle because it's been stretched out, but put it in water and it'll shrink back up, causin the denim to pull each other making it stronger, i hope u guys get it.
January 3, 2010 @ 12:48 PM
Dexter

how do i size on weird guys? i have big thighs and like not big calves lol.
January 3, 2010 @ 12:50 PM
Potsnu

Correlation is not causation sir. We're not retards, you're making the wrong assumption.

I've seen crotch rips on people who wash their jeans all the time, so where is your theory now? If anything, not washing actually keeps the integrity of the cotton fibers together. It makes no sense that something that throws and spins the denim around in a metal cylinder would be less abrasive than simply not washing it.

The only non-abrasive washing I can think of is hand washing. Fuck that.

You've made an incorrect assumption sir. I suggested either a cold soak or cold wash with Woolite which will have absolutely no indigo loss, fresh smelling denim, and also a slightly better fit from reducing knee bulges and the hip flare.

At 4 months, a cold soak is usually recommended. My whole point is that the denim should touch water even at 4 months, to preserve the integrity of the threads of the denim. In addition, the fact that the denim fibers are wet and dry reinforces the integrity of the denim. In the case of throwing it in the washing machine on gentle cycle, the positive benefits of having the denim far outweighs any minuscule repercussions you would have by turning the denim inside out from what slight abrasion it would entail in the spin cycle. That is an undeniable fact.

There are far too many denim retards who swear by the 6 month no wash no soak rule that people end up with premature rips and blow outs. Mindlessly telling people to not wash their denim or even touch water is bad advice. Especially when given NO reasoning aside from this arbitrary 6 month number that the denim world seems to pass around.
January 3, 2010 @ 12:55 PM
Potsnu

Correlation is not causation, I concur. But you can't deny the fact that you are more likely to have rips and crotch blow outs when you don't wash the denim for prolonged periods of time. No idiot would even dare refuting that. You wish to try?
January 3, 2010 @ 12:55 PM
UNCMN

You've made an incorrect assumption sir. I suggested either a cold soak or cold wash with Woolite which will have absolutely no indigo loss, fresh smelling denim, and also a slightly better fit from reducing knee bulges and the hip flare.

At 4 months, a cold soak is usually recommended. My whole point is that the denim should touch water even at 4 months, to preserve the integrity of the threads of the denim. In addition, the fact that the denim fibers are wet and dry reinforces the integrity of the denim. In the case of throwing it in the washing machine on gentle cycle, the positive benefits of having the denim far outweighs any minuscule repercussions you would have by turning the denim inside out from what slight abrasion it would entail in the spin cycle. That is an undeniable fact.

There are far too many denim retards who swear by the 6 month no wash no soak rule that people end up with premature rips and blow outs. Mindlessly telling people to not wash their denim or even touch water is bad advice. Especially when given NO reasoning aside from this arbitrary 6 month number that the denim world seems to pass around.

I don't say 6 months, I say never.

Look, I'd like to believe you but you don't show any facts outside of your own anecdotal evidence. If you got something that will make it a fact, I might consider your opinion but until then I'm going to keep recommending no washing.

January 3, 2010 @ 12:56 PM
GOLDENi

Lol yeah I think I might give these a soak or wash..

Pots, it seems like you have a lot of knowledge about this I just copped some woolite dark yesterday for my black tee's how do I go about washing my jeans?

Or would just cold soaking them with woolite dark be good?
January 3, 2010 @ 01:07 PM
UNCMN

Pots, it seems like you have a lot of knowledge about this I just copped some woolite dark yesterday for my black tee's how do I go about washing my jeans?

Why? He has shown nothing but anecdotal evidence. If you throw them in the freezer overnight you'll lose the smell, and no negative side effects of washing. Until you have FACTS I would hold off on a soak.

January 3, 2010 @ 01:10 PM
GOLDENi

God damnit, lol. Jeans are so much work... I don't even know what to do now.. fuk it, I'mma keep 'em stinkin'!!! LMFAO
I guess I'll just keep wearing 'em until the stink is unbearable..

Oh, Pots & UNCMN. You guys got any recent pics of your denim?
January 3, 2010 @ 01:22 PM
Daveb86

febreeze and hang outside!

anyone get those kevlars yet?
January 3, 2010 @ 01:55 PM
UNCMN

God damnit, lol. Jeans are so much work... I don't even know what to do now.. fuk it, I'mma keep 'em stinkin'!!! LMFAO

Very little change from my 4 month mark. Whatever fades I had are just lighter now.

January 3, 2010 @ 02:27 PM
Jackson12

keep em stinkin' until your boys start caomplaining about the smell. if they can't handle it then you know its time to something
January 3, 2010 @ 02:49 PM
matt

pots is so angry.
January 3, 2010 @ 03:11 PM
UNCMN

keep em stinkin' until your boys start caomplaining about the smell. if they can't handle it then you know its time to something

I threw up on my jeans, put them in the freezer overnight, had my girl smell it the next day and she couldn't smell anything.

Correlation is not causation, I concur. But you can't deny the fact that you are more likely to have rips and crotch blow outs when you don't wash the denim for prolonged periods of time. No idiot would even dare refuting that. You wish to try?

Apparently I'm an idiot. You also don't seem to understand why its not the cause.

The only reason you're more likely to have a crotch rip is because you're wearing the same pair of denim more often than you are other pairs not because you're washing them less often.

January 3, 2010 @ 03:15 PM
Potsnu

I don't say 6 months, I say never.

Look, I'd like to believe you but you don't show any facts outside of your own anecdotal evidence. If you got something that will make it a fact, I might consider your opinion but until then I'm going to keep recommending no washing.

Your only rebuttal is to discount my opinion, yet you've offered nothing as to why you recommend never to let raw denim touch water.

Darklite and myself both pointed out that the denim gains rigidity through the process of the fibers contracting from touching water and subsequently drying. This is a fact.

Furthermore, the absence of water touching the denim will cause the denim more likely to have rips and crotch blow outs. This is another fact.

I own the exact same pair of denim PUR3GEN31US does, along with 3 of my friends. If you are not willing to accept the facts that are presented as is, then I at the very least can make recommendations from my own personal experience from the same pair I own. Additionally Kiya from Self Edge and Gordon from Blue In Green who are revered in the denim boards both recommend washing and soaking jeans when the need arises. My friend who owns the same pair who has never touched water has an enormous hole in the crotch, perhaps that might be sheer coincidence or perhaps it's from the denim never touching water.

Let me assume your objections to having denim touch water. Loss of indigo correct? Since you don't own the same pair, then you don't know that Weird Guy Indigo are extremely stubborn and lose indigo very slowly in contract to the Deep Indigo and 21 oz. In fact, after 2 cold soaks and 1 wash I have barely lost any indigo.

Let me reiterate again that I am recommending for PUR3GEN31US to do a cold soak with a splash of Woolite Dark, not to wash his denim.

While putting his jeans in the freezer will eliminate odor, it will not eliminate the existing grime, sweat, dirt that has penetrated the fabric of the denim itself which is what causes the denim to lose its in integrity in areas of heavy agitation. This is a fact.

I can only assume based on the list of denim you've owned and your own recommendations you have never witnessed the effects of raw denim touching water. Otherwise you would know that after drying the denim it becomes hard like cardboard which only corroborates with my advice that it will strengthen the integrity of the denim. This is also a fact.

You can believe that everything I have to say is conjecture and never wash or soak your jeans. That's fine, that's your prerogative.
January 3, 2010 @ 03:16 PM
Potsnu

The only reason you're more likely to have a crotch rip is because you're wearing the same pair of denim more often than you are other pairs not because you're washing them less often.

This makes absolutely no sense. If you wear a pair of denim for 1 year without ever touching water and another pair for 1 year that has touched water, the pair that hasn't touched water is more likely to rip.

Your rebuttal makes no sense, re-read what you wrote.
January 3, 2010 @ 03:19 PM
Potsnu

This is what I recommend, take it for what it's worth.

Fill your tub with cold water and add a splash of Woolite Dark. On the cap of the bottle, pour Woolite till you hit the first line. Toss in your jeans and move it around briefly around the water. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Rinse with cold water and hang dry.

You can also use the freezer to get rid of the odor, but it won't get rid of grime and dirt. Only you know the state of your denim and what it has gone through. Proceed with either option based on that knowledge.

If you want to see a video on how it's done, then check this one out at 6:08 vimeo.com/7391362
January 3, 2010 @ 03:29 PM
GOLDENi

Okay I think I'm going to give it a cold soak.

I watched the video.

Is this what I do?
1. Fill tub with cold water
2. Pour some woolite dark
3. Turn jeans inside out
4. Put 'em in tub
5. after 30-1 hr. I rinse out jeans
6. hang & dry

Okay I did the first 4 steps.. currently on step 5.. they're in the tub soaking in freezing cold water, damn..

Please login first to reply.