December 27, 2009 @ 12:27 AM
vanciity

ill post some pics of the 21 oz
i got some today
:D

and ill post some of my weird guy indigo's. theyre about 4 months worth of wear.
December 27, 2009 @ 10:18 PM
griefypants

unbranded outfitters
Visit AboutUs.org for more information about theunbrandedbrand.com
AboutUs: theunbrandedbrand.com

Domain Name: theunbrandedbrand.com
Registrar: Name.com LLC

Expiration Date: 2010-05-27 21:34:23
Creation Date: 2009-05-27 21:34:23

Name Servers:
DNS.SITE5.COM
DNS2.SITE5.COM

REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO
Svarc PR Inc.
Brandon Svarc
9124 St-Laurent
Montreal
Quebec
H2N 1M9
CA
Phone: +1.5143824062

my guess is brandon started a different llc he could license and import the designs through. my guess is urban is providing him with their private label manufacturing in hong kong in exchange for an exclusive. this allows urban to skip the bulk of the costly investments of product developement and research, in addition to giving brandon massive margins and volume, so its mutually beneficial, unless you work in a sweatshop in hong kong.

i cant prove any of this, but its what seems most logical. anyone got a pair? where does the tag say they were made?
December 27, 2009 @ 11:31 PM
FishAreNurses

^ Made in China.
December 27, 2009 @ 11:34 PM
heyitscarter

someone on sufu said:

unbranded brand is brandon Svark and naked and famous is alan svark, but the DNS entries have the same street address in montreal.
December 28, 2009 @ 12:07 AM
griefypants

^ Made in China.

thanks for lookin. kina figured. hooray for brandon and sweatshops. UO for slave labor!
December 29, 2009 @ 11:10 PM
VanKwisH

4-5 months casual wear. Size 33. Deep indigos
December 29, 2009 @ 11:51 PM
GOLDENi

so dope.
December 30, 2009 @ 02:44 AM
paulkimchee

i actually met brandon, and he said that urban was begging him to sell naked and famous to them, and he said it would never happen. i guess this was their little compromise.
December 30, 2009 @ 12:05 PM
Alan_Watts

just bought the wierd guy grey selvage , my true size is a 30 but i sized up to a 31,do they fit like the apc NS?
December 30, 2009 @ 12:07 PM
goldengoose

the way you sized, nope
i think you're supposed to size down 1 or 2
December 30, 2009 @ 12:20 PM
griefypants

i actually met brandon, and he said that urban was begging him to sell naked and famous to them, and he said it would never happen. i guess this was their little compromise.

understandable. definitely a less opportunistic angle, and id much rather believe he's taking them down from the inside anyhow. or maybe he'll change some of their chinamakin ways.

contrarily, what irks me mostly is that for the people who construct naked and famous in canada, its easily conceivable for them to go out and buy a pair. for their asian counterparts who make unbranded, even tho its half the price, much less so. and these asian factories like to give you 16 hour shifts,and they like to not give bathroom breaks, and they like to fire sick people, and right now their average offering wage is $0.44/h.

that means that today,the minimum wage in quebec where i believe N&F is made, a laborer could save a modest 10% of their $9 an hour, eight hours a day, five days a week for three weeks to earn the cash in cad to buy a pair of unbranded. alternately, if that average asian laborer saved an optimistic 10% (or 4.4 cents) of their income every hour, 16 hours a day, with no weekends, it would take 3 and a half months to raise the same amount .

ive paid my premium to support brandon and companies like his to make sure UO and their factories dont get that support. and now theyre getting it anyhow, is what irks me. what does brandon say about that?
December 30, 2009 @ 12:35 PM
Potsnu

just bought the wierd guy grey selvage , my true size is a 30 but i sized up to a 31,do they fit like the apc NS?

You basically bought a size 33, do the math son
December 30, 2009 @ 12:57 PM
Alan_Watts

the fit guide on revolve doesn't say anything about waist being bigger or smaller, and it just states that they tend to run smaller, what math?

www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=NAKE-MJ7&c=Naked+%26+Famous&d=b
December 30, 2009 @ 01:19 PM
Alan_Watts

nvm just saw BiG fitguide
December 30, 2009 @ 01:32 PM
heyitscarter

understandable. definitely a less opportunistic angle, and id much rather believe he's taking them down from the inside anyhow. or maybe he'll change some of their chinamakin ways.

contrarily, what irks me mostly is that for the people who construct naked and famous in canada, its easily conceivable for them to go out and buy a pair. for their asian counterparts who make unbranded, even tho its half the price, much less so. and these asian factories like to give you 16 hour shifts,and they like to not give bathroom breaks, and they like to fire sick people, and right now their average offering wage is $0.44/h.

that means that today,the minimum wage in quebec where i believe N&F is made, a laborer could save a modest 10% of their $9 an hour, eight hours a day, five days a week for three weeks to earn the cash in cad to buy a pair of unbranded. alternately, if that average asian laborer saved and optimistic 10% (or 4.4 cents) of their income every hour, 16 hours a day, with no weekends, it would take 3 and a half months to raise the same amount .

ive paid my premium to support brandon and companies like his to make sure UO and their facorties dont get that support. and now theyre getting it anyhow, is what irks me. what does brandon say about that?

Damn, I actually bought the UO ones because of the differential in pricing for the deep indigos. Definitely going to be my only pair from them, its crazy how low factory workers get paid in china
December 30, 2009 @ 09:15 PM
paulkimchee

that means that today,the minimum wage in quebec where i believe N&F is made, a laborer could save a modest 10% of their $9 an hour, eight hours a day, five days a week for three weeks to earn the cash in cad to buy a pair of unbranded. alternately, if that average asian laborer saved an optimistic 10% (or 4.4 cents) of their income every hour, 16 hours a day, with no weekends, it would take 3 and a half months to raise the same amount .

ive paid my premium to support brandon and companies like his to make sure UO and their factories dont get that support. and now theyre getting it anyhow, is what irks me. what does brandon say about that?

hahaha, good point. don't know what brandon has to say about it, but money talks... right? razz
December 30, 2009 @ 10:58 PM
SubP

so hows the quality on the weird guy selvedge, is it
December 30, 2009 @ 10:58 PM
griefypants

Damn, I actually bought the UO ones because of the differential in pricing for the deep indigos. Definitely going to be my only pair from them, its crazy how low factory workers get paid in china

i will do no more preaching but to say that i think brands like n&f and american apparel are important despite their flaws, which ought to be transparent. at least we know dov charney is a sleeze. but he also created a worldwide outlet for ethically produced goods packaged with cultural relevance. i like n&f as it stood, and will hopefully stand sometime in the future; a neat, durable product for a fair price. i dont see unbranded as entirely fair.

anyhow, im done. if you like, theres a trailer for a documentary about lifeng denim factory here:
youtube(dot)com/watch?v=P0yfNOkBClI
December 31, 2009 @ 12:48 AM
paulkimchee

Some fit/fade pics.
Weird Guy Deep Indigo
3 weeks in. 29 x 34.

December 31, 2009 @ 01:12 PM
VanKwisH

pretty nice fit... definately looks like you could've sized down 1 more though.
December 31, 2009 @ 02:01 PM
Jirugi

^Looks good. Whats your true waist?

“There are two kinds of spurs, my friend. Those that come in by the door; and those that come in by the window.”

December 31, 2009 @ 06:29 PM
UNCMN

Bet ya'll don't have Brandon's fucking business card :smugface:

NF for sale: 190z Elephant Skins, and Broken Twills Weird Guy Tagged 33.

January 1, 2010 @ 11:28 PM
cbk

Bet ya'll don't have Brandon's fucking business card :smugface:

u sound like a 10yr old, who gives a shit about a card
January 2, 2010 @ 12:00 AM
sbsplease

Anybody get the new 24 ounce denim? Or did they come out for that matter? Brandon told me they were 280 retail and supposed to last a lifetime, hope they'll fade nicely
January 2, 2010 @ 03:34 AM
zetazeta

Okk, heres something you guys might not get.

the average salary in china factories compared to americans, is very very veyr very low. AFter a day's amount of work, one might not be able to even buy a big mac in USA. But what you guys gotta keep in mind, is that 1) the standard of living is very very low in China. What you spend on a nice dinner, might be enough to feed a family for a month. 2) If it weren't for all the factories moving to China, not only will there be more starving kids, but also, the average salary will go down, since theres a surplus of workers.

I'm NOT supporting the low salaries and sweatshops. I think its horrible, and i really do wish that all those poor kids could have better wages or working conditions. But it jsut annoys me when i see people constantly comparing china's wages with american ones, instead of taking into consideration, china's cost of living and other factors!
January 2, 2010 @ 05:05 AM
heyitscarter

Anybody get the new 24 ounce denim? Or did they come out for that matter? Brandon told me they were 280 retail and supposed to last a lifetime, hope they'll fade nicely

Wow, a lifetime, I would definitely drop retail
January 2, 2010 @ 09:30 AM
griefypants

the average salary in china factories compared to americans, is very very veyr very low. AFter a day's amount of work, one might not be able to even buy a big mac in USA. But what you guys gotta keep in mind, is that 1) the standard of living is very very low in China. What you spend on a nice dinner, might be enough to feed a family for a month. 2) If it weren't for all the factories moving to China, not only will there be more starving kids, but also, the average salary will go down, since theres a surplus of workers.

I'm NOT supporting the low salaries and sweatshops. I think its horrible, and i really do wish that all those poor kids could have better wages or working conditions. But it jsut annoys me when i see people constantly comparing china's wages with american ones, instead of taking into consideration, china's cost of living and other factors!

thats all well and good. but 1) china's lower standard of living is as much of the problem as american support of it. 2) china has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the world because people who find themselves in these places are often without option, which they should also have. they should be able to keep their jobs and use their ample skill and training to continue manufacturing if they like. but they should have the choice, and they should be paid and treated well for their hard work.
January 2, 2010 @ 11:06 AM
UNCMN

I really can't believe a hypebeaster would consciously try to reason their way into supporting sweatshop practices

NF for sale: 190z Elephant Skins, and Broken Twills Weird Guy Tagged 33.

January 2, 2010 @ 04:45 PM
Potsnu

Not to mention China purposely devalues their currency by over 40%. Aside from the impact of China's wages, maybe you should talk about the impact of Wal-Mart importing nearly half their inventory from China's wholesalers and the impact on the US economy smile

In the grand scheme of things, Wal-Mart is much more evil.
January 2, 2010 @ 05:49 PM
zyezye

all the more to buy supreme/undefeated/huf/w+h/RC? made in canadaaaaaaa. lol j/p

Please login first to reply.