Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
September 6, 2013 @ 11:26 PM
bak.

is here anybody with a pair of left hand twills in the super skinny guy cut?

my problem is the following: Currently I wear a pair of Japan Heritage in the weird guy cut, size 29. (Un)fortunately I lost some pounds so they got too big. I'd also like to have a more fitted look so I tried on a pair of LHT in the super skinny guy cut in size 29 (they had no 28 in stock) which fitted perfectly in the leg but I could button them up to the top. They fitted snug but not that problematic.

I'm now torn between size 28 and 29. I'm afraid that the leg of the 28s won't stretch that much and that they'd end up looking like a legging and a size 29 which will be too big in the waist.

Has anyone any experience with the LHT? How much do they stretch and will they stretch noticably in the leg?

Due to the fact I'm from Germany they have to fit first try.

Thank you guys!

P.S. here's how my JH fit to give you a rough idea:

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

September 7, 2013 @ 02:07 AM
ShoutOutLoud

since imgur doesn't work, here's a link to my elephant 2s.
13 months 1 sea wash
http://imgur.com/a/50iNF#iAOV62x
September 7, 2013 @ 02:38 AM
dschmiz

@bak. I've had LHT in weird guy for ~8 months and the waist has noticeably stretched. If I remember correctly when I bought them, people specifically said the LHT you should size down 1 more than normal.
September 7, 2013 @ 03:19 AM
MLKM

since imgur doesn't work, here's a link to my elephant 2s.
13 months 1 sea wash
http://imgur.com/a/50iNF#iAOV62x
Damn, those are some nice fades! cool WG or SG? Hope my ele3's turn out like this.
September 7, 2013 @ 03:35 AM
MLKM

@Froang The pic looks TTS.
Sizing up wouldn't be a good idea imo. The waist would already be too big to begin with, and it'd stretch to a bigger size with wear. 
September 8, 2013 @ 06:37 AM
holdmycola

Karmaloop 20% Off Rep Code: 20OFFIT

September 9, 2013 @ 03:57 AM
hilliger

Does anybody think they know how you would have to size to have a fit like this?
http://www.karmaloop.com/product/The-Weird-Guy-Jeans-in-Left-Hand-Twill-Selvedge-Wash/261408
I sized down 1 on the weird guys like everybody said, and it's too skinny for my liking.
Sizing TTS I feel like would be a little looser, and then one up would possibly be like in the link above?
The only think I'm worried about is the waist stretching too much even with a belt?
Anybody have experience with this?
I got both SG and WG, and both TTS. And I would say that if you size up in the weird guy it would propably be too big in the wasteband... and the WG is looser, so I think TTS would be best for you
September 9, 2013 @ 04:23 AM
eXtremity03

Hello,

I'm new to the whole raw denim scene (don't own a pair yet), and I've decided N&F is probably a good starting-point/brand for me to get into raw denim with.  I was wondering if anynone has a recommendation on which pair would be a great pair to start me off?  I've broken down my options to:

-Elephant 2
-Broken Twill Selvedge
-Deep Indigo Selvedge
-Left Hand Twill Selvedge
-Jade Selvedge (seems really interesting!)

I live in Houston (but I'm new to the climate--recently moved here), so the climate may play a part into this decision ?  But it's already September, so.. Would going with Elephant 2, or Elephant 3 (22oz, and 19oz respectively) be jumping the gun for my first pair?

Mainly, I guess I'm looking for a pair that fades well/fast so I can see whether or not raw denim is right for me (but I think I'd like it..I usually don't read reviews and forums for a whole week on something that doesn't interest me).  From what I've read, for the N&F brand, LHT and deep indigo colors fade the fastest?

Also, I've read about the whole broken-twill and left-hand twill techniques..but how exactly do these differ in terms of how they look post-fade from regular, right hand twill?  The technical descriptions don't really provide any insights on that, haha.

Edit: After looking at some evolution pics of the Dirty Fades (though there are seldom any at all), I've decided to return the pair I ordered from Amazon.  I am currently leaning towards going straight for a pair of E3's, but no stockists have my size!

Thanks in advance for any insight and advice!
September 9, 2013 @ 06:30 AM
octose

In heaven, all the interesting people are missing. - Friedrich Nietzsche

September 10, 2013 @ 11:42 PM
nightwalker

I think you should start with the deep indigos but if you truly like the elephants then buy them
September 10, 2013 @ 11:53 PM
eXtremity03

Im about to buy a pair. I odnt know how to size down though
I'm not at all experienced with raw denim, but from what I've read, a good way to determine your size is by actually measuring a good fitting pair of jeans you already own, and comparing them to the sizing charts on tateandyoko.com since those are fairly accurate measurements.  I went to IKEA to grab one of those cheap paper measuring strips/tapes, haha.  However, every pair can vary slightly (larger or smaller) a bit.  I also recall others saying that making sure that the thighs fit without too much discomfort is key to sizing right, as the thighs only stretch very minimally.

Nightwalker, why do you recommend deep indigo for a first pair over Elephants?  
September 11, 2013 @ 01:03 AM
nightwalker

Mainly because you say that you live in Houston which is usually very hot and if you buy a pair of elephants they won't breathe as well as the deep indigo's since they are heavier. I think you have the general idea of what the elephants are going to be like and how they are going to fit, but since this is your first time its really not going to be comfortable being your first pair of raw denim. There are also cases where people have abrasions because of how heavy they are. That being said, the final product of a pair of faded deep indigo's are just as good as the elephants if not better.
September 11, 2013 @ 12:34 PM
eXtremity03

I guess climate plays a big part in the higher denim weight you choose, haha.  But your opinion is very logical, thanks! You've convinced me to go with a medium-weight--which I think is probably better than going head-first with heavy weight denim when I'm completely new to the whole concept, haha.

I've been checking out so many brands from forums and other denim websites and whatnot, but from what I've seen, the fades on many of the N&F pairs are pretty remarkable.

I recently just discovered Ande Whall (Roy looks pretty neat too), and damn, I'm pretty tempted to spend that extra cash!  But $35 for shipping, and the fact that I'm purchasing my first pair of raw denim ever..even though I know my measurements, I'm quite skeptical about jumping the gun.  I'll probably stick to a pair of N&F, or maybe even 3Sixteen's (ST-211?!).

P.S. Anyone know how the fades are between Indigo vs Deep Indigo hues (for simplicity's sake, let's assume same denim weight), specifically from N&F brand?  I'd assume deeper/darker indigo has higher contrast fades.
September 12, 2013 @ 08:29 PM
methods

I need some help guys. I can't seem to find the 12.5oz stretch super skinnys in a 28 waist anywhere. anyone know where to cop some of these?
September 23, 2013 @ 02:57 AM
ramos0927

Anyone know how to size on the elephant 3's? (skinny and weird guy)
September 23, 2013 @ 05:45 AM
Timmy Turner

I bought the weird guys and sized down one. They were pretty tight at first but kinda loosened up. I'd go tts for a relaxed kinda fit and size down one for a tighter fit. 
September 23, 2013 @ 08:04 AM
nutellaonyaasscheeks

Hey, do left hand twills stretch? If so, how much? 
September 27, 2013 @ 02:09 AM
L DUBBA E

"DAM snow cone, what were you for Halloween, a bitch!?"

September 27, 2013 @ 10:37 PM
Dat1Dude562

Got left hand twills for $85 shipped from Karmaloop when they had the 30% off sale. Too bad they don't ship until October 16th. 

Nike Flyknit Lunar Size 9.5 Wolf Gray for sale. PM me.

September 27, 2013 @ 10:43 PM
kiran h

Weird Guy jade selvedge size 31. got them local for $150, I love them so far. 

http://www.soundcloud.com/whoiskiran | twitter: @_notkiran | ig: kiranxharrison

September 28, 2013 @ 03:39 AM
Gilly Suits

So I just came back from Nordstrom Rack. If you wear size 30 and below in Weird Guy, you can get a shit ton for 70 bucks each

Culective.com //

September 28, 2013 @ 04:59 AM
littletiger

I went with 33 weird guys with a 36 waist and it fits pretty well.  Really tight for the first few wears but its comfortable now.
September 28, 2013 @ 12:28 PM
hellohound

Just got my first pair of naked & famous jeans, anyone check out these pics and tell me whether they are legit or not?

Link to the pictures is http://imageshack.us/g/1/10333986/

Pictures are a quite large but thought I should keep them like that so they can be seen in more detail. Can post more pics of necessary.
September 28, 2013 @ 10:52 PM
WasianGuy

Need help on sizing with Skinny Guys.

I'm thinking of purchasing the skinny guy vintage dungaree: http://www.blueowl.us/product/naked-and-famous-skinny-guy-vintage-dungaree-975oz-selvedge-denim/

I'm a 32 waist, I normally wear levi 511s with a 33 waist always needing a belt. The waist measurements for the vintage dungaree Size 30 is 31.5". If I purchase the size 30, would the jeans stretch out at all, possibly leaving me with a perfect waist fit on the vintage dungaree?

Thanks to any reply+help

BiG BALLiN iN CHiCAG0

September 28, 2013 @ 11:10 PM
slap

@hellohound
Looks legit. 99% sure.

I picked up some Big Slubs from my local Nordstrom Rack for $70. Feels good man.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

September 29, 2013 @ 12:06 AM
hellohound

@hellohound
Looks legit. 99% sure.

I picked up some Big Slubs from my local Nordstrom Rack for $70. Feels good man.
Good to hear, thanks for reply!
September 29, 2013 @ 02:04 AM
Timmy Turner

Hey, do left hand twills stretch? If so, how much? 
Mine stretched an inch in the waist and a little in the thighs , I sized down one to a 29.
September 29, 2013 @ 03:51 AM
Stellar

So I just came back from Nordstrom Rack. If you wear size 30 and below in Weird Guy, you can get a shit ton for 70 bucks each
What did they have? After reading this, I went to my rack, but didn't find anything.

i can cook minute rice in 58 seconds

September 29, 2013 @ 10:10 AM
sweetfingers

Could anyone post a fit pic of them in the thermochromic jeans please? I'd like to get a better idea of how they look before I consider buying a pair...I'm real iffy about that whole "changes color with heat" thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUj7TAuqQfk
September 29, 2013 @ 11:51 PM
Gilly Suits

What did they have? After reading this, I went to my rack, but didn't find anything.
Weird Guy Grey Selvedge though it was in a 28.
Weird Guy Black Selvedge only one pair in a 30 which I brought.

The rest weren't Selvedge but were definitely legit N&F and were raw denim just not selvedge. Do with that what you will.

Culective.com //

Please login first to reply.