The Official Naked & Famous Denim Thread

Feb 28, 2013 @ 01:18
got a pair of indigo weird guys- 30w if anyone is interested
Feb 28, 2013 @ 02:58
been wearing a pair of 12oz for 4 months now, would that be the same as wearing a 16oz for 4 months?
I don't understand what you're asking.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

Feb 28, 2013 @ 03:05
here's some photo's I took of my Deep Indigos @ ~5months, 1 wash.
Not meant to be progress pics or anything, just some shots I took that I liked.
Whiskers:

Back pocket fades:
Feb 28, 2013 @ 03:18
been wearing a pair of 12oz for 4 months now, would that be the same as wearing a 16oz for 4 months?
I don't understand what you're asking.
i mean, dont lighter denims fade faster? so should i wash them at this point, or just wait for the 6 months?
Feb 28, 2013 @ 03:37
Decision is up to you man. You can't judge solely by time/number of wears.
Activity of people vary, so 4 months wear as a student would differ from 4 months wear as a electrician.

Can I ask, why do you want to wash them?
Basically, to me, there are 2 reasons for washing:
1) to clean dirty/smelly jeans
2) to lighten the color

Don't just wash for the sake of washing at "X" months.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

Feb 28, 2013 @ 03:49
I was thinking about washing because they're kinda long on me, and i don't wanna hem them before the first wash. I don't want to wash em too early cause wont that cause soft fades, and not a lot of contrast?
Feb 28, 2013 @ 03:59
I was thinking about washing because they're kinda long on me, and i don't wanna hem them before the first wash. I don't want to wash em too early cause wont that cause soft fades, and not a lot of contrast?
Ah I understand.
I recommend just going and getting them hemmed.
They're [probably] sanforized, so a wash even after being hemmed won't affect it at all.

Yes, washing lightens the denim, and early washing decreases contrast.
You can still get awesome fades after an early wash, and even frequent washing too.

Get them hemmed. 

What you DON'T want to happen is your stacks to get settled in, and begin fading.
And then getting them hemmed, which will fk up the stacks.

Feb 28, 2013 @ 04:15
Alright, cool thanks man appreciate the help!
Feb 28, 2013 @ 06:40
i've been wearing just naked & famous weird guy fit for a while now. big fan. especially love the red weft selvedge which i think they just re-released with a new blue weft selvedge. anyone know of any similar brands to naked&famous available online?

Justin Holmander (owner & designer schoolzonehats.com) @schoolzonehats, @justschoolit

Feb 28, 2013 @ 16:26
i've been wearing just naked & famous weird guy fit for a while now. big fan. especially love the red weft selvedge which i think they just re-released with a new blue weft selvedge. anyone know of any similar brands to naked&famous available online?
If you are a big fan of N&F why would you look for similar brands instead of just sticking with the original one that you like? You may enjoy The Unbranded Brand which is also made by N&F, or even Paulrose Products which is their brand as well...
Feb 28, 2013 @ 17:30
well, i'm a fan of n&f because its really the only brand of it's kind ive been exposed to. 

i guess n&f pretty much has the game on lock. seeing your "rawincanada" name makes me think you may be biased though lol 

Justin Holmander (owner & designer schoolzonehats.com) @schoolzonehats, @justschoolit

Feb 28, 2013 @ 18:20
well, i'm a fan of n&f because its really the only brand of it's kind ive been exposed to. 

i guess n&f pretty much has the game on lock. seeing your "rawincanada" name makes me think you may be biased though lol 
I love the weird guy cut to. I'm trying out some new standard apc jeans to see how they are. I'll tell you how I feel about them. It's nice to try different ones. 
Feb 28, 2013 @ 21:38
What's similar fit to UB201 TTS? I wear a 32. Looking for black denim
Mar 01, 2013 @ 03:12
fucking stoked for this rainbow core denim.

twitter.com/krn__h • IG : @krn__h

Mar 01, 2013 @ 06:00
201s are tapered, so go with some Weird Guys
Mar 01, 2013 @ 06:29

wow the rainbow core looks very dope
what kind of fit is the weird guy?
Mar 02, 2013 @ 04:15
201s are tapered, so go with some Weird Guys

i know you said black but i got some indigo weird guys in 30(waist fits 32) in the marketplace if you wanna pick some up on the cheap to get a feel
Mar 02, 2013 @ 05:52
anybody with skinny guy black power stretch know if they lose there shine after months of wear?
Mar 02, 2013 @ 07:29
^ok thank you because I just got my cement 3s and didn't want to have the blue all over them. 
Here are some pics. First soak. I can see the electric blue shining through. 

dead
Mar 02, 2013 @ 20:42
I wear a size 26 (some size 27) in jeans. All measure 29 waist, 34 inseam, 8 rise, 10 thigh, 7 knee, 6-7 leg opening. I'm a women 5'7 and 128 pounds.

what size should I get in the Skinny or Super Skinny N&F jeans. Down size one (25) or two (24) or just stick with a 26?!?
Mar 04, 2013 @ 01:28
Indigo selvedge weird guys
Mar 04, 2013 @ 01:29
Double post
Mar 06, 2013 @ 19:21
JH.

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

Mar 06, 2013 @ 22:51
Mar 07, 2013 @ 03:47
My buddy got the new SUVIN selvedge denim. The texture is great and I love the thick leather patch too...

Has your friend happened to have gotten any fades on these yet? I'm anxious to see how some are turning out as I am going to get some I think
Mar 09, 2013 @ 04:58
I usually wear a size 30, but I heard when getting a pair of N&F you should get 2 sizes down. Is that true?
Mar 09, 2013 @ 14:18
I usually wear a size 30, but I heard when getting a pair of N&F you should get 2 sizes down. Is that true?
Go on context.com and see how to measure your favorite pair of pants. After you measure them. Compare the measurements to a sizing chart on say blueowel. You'll get the perfect fit. 
Mar 09, 2013 @ 15:47
Need help from Super-Epic-Naked&FamousDenim-Ultra-Connaisseur-Du-Monde with Weird Guy Big Slub experience.

Hello,

I'm a waist size 30 (TTS) and recently acquired a pair of tag-size 28 Weird Guy Big Slub jeans. 
I find these jeans pretty tight and was wondering if they stretch over time and how much they stretch?

Seing as most venders du internet du N&F denim say that the actual waist size is a size 30. I find this arguable in real life.

Cheers,

Who are the patriots?

Mar 10, 2013 @ 00:16
You size down 1 at most for Weird Guys
Mar 10, 2013 @ 01:12
You size down 1 at most for Weird Guys
What about the skinny guys?
Please login first to reply.