The Official Naked & Famous Denim Thread

November 14, 2012 @ 21:44:16
alright, so i was wondering if anyone could help me out here.

i just bought my first pair of n&f skinny guys, the broken twill selvage.
they came in the mail and they ended up being a little too big in the waist. and from what i've heard, these end up stretching a lot. that being said, i decided i should probably go another size down. but i feel like if i do, they're going to be too small everywhere else. the thing is, i like my denim to be more on the slim side of fit rather than skinny, but i've got twigs for legs, so usually i just get a pair of skinnies and stretch 'em and that usually suffices. i currently have a pair of fully-stretched 511's in a 30 waist that fit just right, but i wear them kinda low. i would just go with the weird guys, but i'm not sure if those are going to be too loose for my liking.

so...
do i get another pair of skinny guys in the proper waist size and stretch them
or do i get a pair of weird guys and size down 2 or 3?

thanks

耶和華

November 15, 2012 @ 22:21:25
@dtacht

Get your 511's and measure the ACTUAL waist. (Lay it flat on the ground, and measure waist across)
Here's a good measuring guide
Link

Then go find your Broken Twill to Blue Owl Workshop or Tate and Yoko and find the size with the most similar waist measurement.

That should give you the best size imo.

Also, if the waist is too big, they won't stretch anymore.
The waist stretch from pressure outward on the waistband. If they're already big for you, then that won't happen.
Personally, if the waist is slightly big, but the legs/thighs fit perfecty, I would just keep that pair.
November 15, 2012 @ 22:49:15
Karmaloop sucks at fits pics. Anyone see the Regular Guy fit pic? blinkyeyes
November 16, 2012 @ 00:17:25
Originally posted by Inactive User

they came in the mail and they ended up being a little too big in the waist. and from what i've heard, these end up stretching a lot. that being said, i decided i should probably go another size down. but i feel like if i do, they're going to be too small everywhere else. the thing is, i like my denim to be more on the slim side of fit rather than skinny, but i've got twigs for legs, so usually i just get a pair of skinnies and stretch 'em and that usually suffices. i currently have a pair of fully-stretched 511's in a 30 waist that fit just right, but i wear them kinda low. i would just go with the weird guys, but i'm not sure if those are going to be too loose for my liking.

so...

thanks

Simply go down 1 size on the SkinnyGuy.
November 16, 2012 @ 01:55:27
Selling my worn less than 5 times size 29 Skinny Guy Deep Indigos.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/186434/
November 17, 2012 @ 03:56:43
What shoes?
they look like vans otw breton boots

Those look almost exactly like red wing chukkas. The colour is called oil slick. Pretty sure. Wear the same boots to school everyday. I wear the same jeans too, good thing TTHX lives on the east coast haha. smokeyface

edit: actually they're alot different. Here's a pic with a crappy mirror and phone:

November 17, 2012 @ 04:21:23
If you guys are interested, new FHxN&FxTate+Yoko collab pre-orders are out.
http://tateandyoko.com/1-jeans/324-flat-head-x-naked-famous-x-tate-yoko-collaboration-2.html
November 17, 2012 @ 20:24:40
broken twill versus dark indigo. what's the difference?
November 18, 2012 @ 17:31:19
As much as I loved these, I am letting them go to fund some skinnier/tapered jawns. If anyone is interested, PM me.

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/187003/
November 18, 2012 @ 21:31:32
Just got my first pair of the black power stretch. Loving them.
Does anyone know if N&F ever makes chinos?
November 18, 2012 @ 22:14:42
Just got my first pair of the black power stretch. Loving them.
Does anyone know if N&F ever makes chinos?

Link
November 19, 2012 @ 00:07:20
Naked and Famous jeans for cheap

http://www.styleforum.net/t/323171/naked-and-famous-jeans-collection-sale

No this isn't SPAM
November 19, 2012 @ 05:45:01

Broken twill has a kind of slicker finish. You know that kinda shine alot of raw has? Like that.
Deep indigos are a really flat, dark kind of finish. Easily my favourite. Broken twill is a close second.

They're both sick.
November 19, 2012 @ 08:46:57

Broken twill has a kind of slicker finish. You know that kinda shine alot of raw has? Like that.
Deep indigos are a really flat, dark kind of finish. Easily my favourite. Broken twill is a close second.

They're both sick.

If you can afford it, get one of each. Mua ha ha!
November 19, 2012 @ 11:15:18
@dtacht

Get your 511's and measure the ACTUAL waist. (Lay it flat on the ground, and measure waist across)
Here's a good measuring guide
Link

Then go find your Broken Twill to Blue Owl Workshop or Tate and Yoko and find the size with the most similar waist measurement.

That should give you the best size imo.

Also, if the waist is too big, they won't stretch anymore.
The waist stretch from pressure outward on the waistband. If they're already big for you, then that won't happen.
Personally, if the waist is slightly big, but the legs/thighs fit perfecty, I would just keep that pair.

very helpful. thanks a lot!

耶和華

November 19, 2012 @ 15:42:52
My friend Paige in her N&F skinny high rise stretch jeans...

November 20, 2012 @ 06:44:02
any idea if any of the skinny cuts are going to be on sale for black friday?
November 20, 2012 @ 17:47:27
Guys I have a pair of N&F Selvedge Chinos in Beige WG size 30 for sale (Don't fit me). Hit me up by message if you're interested!
November 21, 2012 @ 03:29:42
What shoes?
they look like vans otw breton boots

shoes are vans.
November 21, 2012 @ 04:45:30
Will SkG in 29 have a leg opening that will fit over shoes?? I have a small pair of lacostt shoes that are similar in size to vans and i like my jeans to atleast fit over the shoe and not just rest on top of it. Also if they didnt fit, is it possible to get the leg opening hemmed to a bigger size but keep the waist and thighs the same tightness?
Thanks!
November 21, 2012 @ 07:15:15
Is the Slim Guy cut similar to the Levi's 514 cut? Can't find exact measurements on the SGs

Yes

November 21, 2012 @ 23:58:32
I need some skinny guys in my life. I feel that my weird guys stretched out too much.
November 22, 2012 @ 05:29:52
Black friday sale?
And how often does new stuff drop like colabs or limited items?
November 23, 2012 @ 05:57:51
what's barneys black friday like?
November 23, 2012 @ 23:06:43
TTS im a 30, Looking forward to pick up a pair of Skinny guys deep indigo. I herd the stretching is about an inch on the way so if i was to pick up a 28 TAG SIZE would it be perfect?
November 23, 2012 @ 23:14:54
My friend Paige in her N&F skinny high rise stretch jeans...

what dat ass do though?

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

November 24, 2012 @ 02:39:01
Originally posted by Inactive User

so...

thanks

Simply go down 1 size on the SkinnyGuy.

im a 30 TTS so should i get a 29 tag in broken twill ?
November 25, 2012 @ 04:01:20
I'm currently looking for a pair of Skinny Guy Duck Canvas size 32.

Anyone in here with them hit me up!
November 25, 2012 @ 04:26:24
http://www.cladcavalier.com/collections/jeans

some N&F and unbranded for 30% off.
Please login first to reply.
x