The Official Naked & Famous Denim Thread

Jul 19, 2012 @ 02:51
Trying to buy a pair of N&F jawns (this will be my first pair of selvedge) however idk if a tailor will be able to shorten them so theyfit better? and if he can would it just look bad

stack that shit . . .
Jul 19, 2012 @ 03:47
how well do the grey selvedge weird guys fade? found a pair at value village for $15 and I've never worn grey jeans before. still not sure what to do with it, if I'm going to wear it, I'll have to get it hemmed.

The Grey's fade to light almost white color over time. They are extremely soft and luxurious after a couple of washes but if you want high contrast fades you're really going to have to beat them up and hold out that first wash for as long as possible. My pair fits slightly slimmer than most my other weird guys. They are very difficult to photograph (a flash will wash out any contrast, same with direct sun, etc.) and I have seen very few pics on the web of any faded pairs. This is the only pic of mine that I have uploaded to my Flikr account and it isn't too great. This pic is true to color though, and if you compare and contrast with your new pair you'll see that the color lightens significantly after some wear and wash.

Charcoal Grey: front full view by Jbozz2, on Flickr
Jul 19, 2012 @ 06:31
Trying to buy a pair of N&F jawns (this will be my first pair of selvedge) however idk if a tailor will be able to shorten them so theyfit better? and if he can would it just look bad

idk if u saw my post a couple pages back but I got mine shortened and tapered. Weird guys btw.

After 2 trips to the tailor, 1 for getting shortened, and 1 for getting tapered, I finally have the fit I wanted from my TTS WGs. Here's a before and after.

Before:

After:
Jul 19, 2012 @ 07:12

I would go with a (small) doublecuff..

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

Jul 20, 2012 @ 08:03

new SGs

soundcloud.com/johnf-m

Jul 20, 2012 @ 08:20
what model?
Jul 20, 2012 @ 19:45
If i presoak my WGs will that help in stretching them out?
Jul 20, 2012 @ 20:23
damn, fit is nice Oizo

hndlz.tumblr.com

Inactive User

Jul 21, 2012 @ 00:05
I'm sorry but were can I buy Naked & Famous pants?
Jul 21, 2012 @ 01:50
Tooshort - youre a fucking idiot.
Jul 21, 2012 @ 02:16
I'm sorry but were can I buy Naked & Famous pants?
Sorry bro, all out.
Jul 21, 2012 @ 06:53
If i presoak my WGs will that help in stretching them out?

You don't need to soak them just wear them go for a bike ride or jog or do some squats they'll stretch out pretty quickly

I got size 27 WGs cus in SGs im a 28 so i thought it would have that loose fit while still fitting around my waist without a belt since WG 27 means wearing a 29, but they fit like my SGs - just not as tight. Is it normally like this at first or should i go a size up?
Jul 21, 2012 @ 08:20
If theyre not tight, why would you size up? Just keep them. Oh, can you measure the thigh at the crotch please. Also what model WG?
Jul 21, 2012 @ 12:52
If theyre not tight, why would you size up? Just keep them. Oh, can you measure the thigh at the crotch please. Also what model WG?

Its pretty tight. Thigh is 10.5
WG Red core Denim
Jul 21, 2012 @ 19:10
30 minutes. It just took me 30 minutes to button up my new Elephant 2s, and now my fingers hurt.

Jul 21, 2012 @ 19:22
30 minutes. It just took me 30 minutes to button up my new Elephant 2s, and now my fingers hurt.

They fit good though. But Toms with raw denim? Cmon man...

WTB: Original Fake Tees | WTB: Supreme Tees Sz. M

Jul 21, 2012 @ 19:27
10.5 on the 27 is nice. I asked T&Y sizes for a certain pair but they said it was still 11 inches which I thought was weird. Maybe for that model they were but I think that would be stupid if sizes 27,28. and 29 pretty much all had the same thigh measurement. I hate the skg fit since it's straight all the way down, Might just be getting WG's or wait till the super skinny comes out and try those out.

That's a dope fit on those E2's!!! wish mine were like that. I should have gotten a 29 instead of a 30. Anyone want to trade???????
Jul 21, 2012 @ 20:13
^^cosign on the fit but with your legs I would wear some shoes supprt..

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

Jul 21, 2012 @ 20:54
I hate wearing shoes so much, so Toms are the closest thing to being barefoot for me. If those finger toe shoe things weren't so freaking retarded looking I'd be all over them.
Jul 21, 2012 @ 21:22
Just wanted to let this thread know first..
Selling my natural indigo skinny guys sz 31
Never worn just hemmed to a 30 length

100 shipped
165 retail
Jul 21, 2012 @ 21:48
better fit pic of my skinny guys

soundcloud.com/johnf-m

Jul 22, 2012 @ 01:26

haha i feel your pain, mine were the same way. i'm hoping you gave them a presoak as well...
Jul 22, 2012 @ 03:18
Azaleasf has a few jeans on sale for good prices. Wondering if i should try and squeeze into a 28 skg greencast. That size for E2 was too tight in the hips...Anyone with the greencast, how much have you gotten the upper block to stretch?
Jul 22, 2012 @ 03:27
I wear size 30W 32L on Levis 511. What size N&F Skinny Guy should i get?

USE REPCODE "HELLO20" TO GET 20% OFF KARMALOOP AND PLNDR

Jul 22, 2012 @ 04:24

haha i feel your pain, mine were the same way. i'm hoping you gave them a presoak as well...

No soak for me. Once I got them on they really weren't too bad. I don't think a soak will be necessary.
Jul 22, 2012 @ 05:33
I bought some stussy deluxe denim and have decided to get rid of them as i've lost weight and the 36 is too baggy, i think a 34 would be a snug fit in this stussy cut, would a 34 N&F be right?

thanks in advance

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ShopandSwapLTD // http://instagram.com/l73_ For sale - http://hypebeast.com/forums/sneakers/210537#4242476

Jul 22, 2012 @ 05:57
I bought some stussy deluxe denim and have decided to get rid of them as i've lost weight and the 36 is too baggy, i think a 34 would be a snug fit in this stussy cut, would a 34 N&F be right?

thanks in advance

depends what N&F cut you want.

Jul 22, 2012 @ 06:02
Ok question, I've asked it before but never got the answer I was looking for. Please pardon my lack of denim jargon, I'm going to say this in simple english.

I got WG's tts and the waist and thigh area were fine but the legs were too baggy. (The day I got them the waist was very tight) I got them shortened and tapered so they gave a skinnier look. These are my before and after photos.

Before:

After:

What should I go for the get the "after" look straight away? Sized down WG's? or SG's?
Jul 22, 2012 @ 07:19
^How much did you hem and taper them? But most likely WG down 2.

Jul 22, 2012 @ 12:48
good luck sizing down on skinnyguys.
Please login first to reply.