The Official Naked & Famous Denim Thread

Jul 12, 2012 @ 00:56
Why dont people wash these jeans?

They do.
Jul 12, 2012 @ 06:28
New great Red Core photos up. Check it out. Charlie put some damage on his jeans, they may not make it.

http://www.rawrdenim.com/forum/showthread.php?535-Naked-And-Famous-Redcore-Contest-Denim&p=2752#post2752
Jul 12, 2012 @ 22:50
dude, I have no idea what an inseam is haha I didn't get anything hemmed either.

Hemmed = Shorten.
Inseam is the length of the leg, measured from the crotch.
After fit is MUCH better.

How did you tailor taper the legs? Can you upload a picture of the selvedge line? Thanks.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

Jul 13, 2012 @ 02:10
If you guys are worried about the selvedge line during a taper, just ask for an inseam taper.

WTB: Original Fake Tees | WTB: Supreme Tees Sz. M

Jul 13, 2012 @ 04:01
If you guys are worried about the selvedge line during a taper, just ask for an inseam taper.

unfortunately this is pretty difficult for them to do and most tailors either won't do it or charge significantly more

@trapteamcaptain

Jul 13, 2012 @ 16:28
dude, I have no idea what an inseam is haha I didn't get anything hemmed either.

Hemmed = Shorten.

How did you tailor taper the legs? Can you upload a picture of the selvedge line? Thanks.

THere was no selvedge line even prior to the work? Weird guy scratch n sniffs
Jul 13, 2012 @ 16:34
Hemmed = Shorten.

^are the scratch and sniffs selvage?
Jul 13, 2012 @ 17:02
Oh, I see. My bad, thought those were selvage. Guess they aren't.
Thats pretty dope though, scratch n sniffs.

Do they actually smell all right? I'd get nauseous around the same smell everyday lol.

$81 selvedge denim: https://www.weargustin.com/invite_from/4200 Karmaloop/Plndr Rep: SLAP20.

Jul 13, 2012 @ 18:44

^are the scratch and sniffs selvage?

nope
Oh, I see. My bad, thought those were selvage. Guess they aren't.
Thats pretty dope though, scratch n sniffs.

Do they actually smell all right? I'd get nauseous around the same smell everyday lol.

yeah they actually smell like they advertise lol but that doesnt last long
Jul 16, 2012 @ 03:48
anyone have the japanese heritage? is the slubbyiness too much?

My friend is wondering how fucked up the fit will be if he hems his wg to 30?
Jul 16, 2012 @ 04:01
I'm thinking of buying skinny guy elephant 2s, and i was wondering how to size them. I want them to fit like 511s, but just a little looser.

Twitter: @TheYoungWagner IG: ThaYoungWagner Tumblr: theyoungwagner.tumblr.com

Jul 16, 2012 @ 07:16
Get wg tts then. My deep indigo wg size 29 fit liked my 29 511, at least before I washed the levis.

skg has a tighter thigh and doesnt taper like 511
Jul 16, 2012 @ 07:23
Oh, swag...you and your friend are idiots. Hemming your pants won't change the look.. And how you gonna ask a question about a fit with no pic anyways.
Jul 16, 2012 @ 18:31
Yes it would. The higher up the leg you hem the wider the leg opening would be because they're tapered. Now if they're straight from the knee down then there's no issue but he's talking about WGs. It might be 'subtle' but to people who have small feet or bought them because of the leg opening it'll make a difference
Jul 16, 2012 @ 23:21
Not really. I understand theyre tapered but it not drastic. Hemming will just clean up yhe look if he needs to hem to a 30. Ive got a size 29 hemmed to 32..no change in look. You would have to hem em to like 26 to really change the look. If ppl got smLl feet and got them for the hem size, they need to realize if theyre gonna hem, they need to re-taper or buy different jeans
. Its only common sense.
J
Jul 17, 2012 @ 02:11
Edit: Nevermind...

WTB: Original Fake Tees | WTB: Supreme Tees Sz. M

Jul 17, 2012 @ 21:03
sorry noob question, but just to clarify, do the elephant 2s only come in the skinny and weird guy cuts? wanted them but was looking for a cut like the slim guy. if it comes only in those two cuts, is there any way to size either of them to get a slim straight fit?

WWW.SEQUENCE.US

Jul 17, 2012 @ 21:54
sorry noob question, but just to clarify, do the elephant 2s only come in the skinny and weird guy cuts?

Nope.

http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/collection/men/slimguy/elephant-selvedge.html

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

Jul 17, 2012 @ 22:27
Should I go TTS for weird guy?

How much stretching should I expect?
Jul 17, 2012 @ 23:26
What denim? My tts eg seep indigo didnt really stretch
Jul 17, 2012 @ 23:50
double posted.
Jul 18, 2012 @ 00:00
how well do the grey selvedge weird guys fade? found a pair at value village for $15 and I've never worn grey jeans before. still not sure what to do with it, if I'm going to wear it, I'll have to get it hemmed.
Jul 18, 2012 @ 00:04
sorry for double posting, shit's not showing up for me.
Jul 18, 2012 @ 02:33
sorry noob question, but just to clarify, do the elephant 2s only come in the skinny and weird guy cuts?

Nope.

http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/collection/men/slimguy/elephant-selvedge.html

Those are the first ones, I'm talking about the second elephants they released. Just found out they don't have them in slim guys, so does anyone know how to size on weird guys to get a slim straight ish fit?

WWW.SEQUENCE.US

Jul 18, 2012 @ 03:00
how well do the grey selvedge weird guys fade? found a pair at value village for $15 and I've never worn grey jeans before. still not sure what to do with it, if I'm going to wear it, I'll have to get it hemmed.

holy fuck that's a steal. and I thought some pomengranate's for 105 was a steal....shit
Jul 18, 2012 @ 03:00
^ they got anymore left? lol
Jul 18, 2012 @ 05:29

no, size down
Jul 18, 2012 @ 07:17

no, size down

Cosign.
At least one size.

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

Jul 19, 2012 @ 01:08
Trying to buy a pair of N&F jawns (this will be my first pair of selvedge) however idk if a tailor will be able to shorten them so theyfit better? and if he can would it just look bad

Jul 19, 2012 @ 01:45
Trying to buy a pair of N&F jawns (this will be my first pair of selvedge) however idk if a tailor will be able to shorten them so theyfit better? and if he can would it just look bad

yeah take them to almost any reputable tailor and they'll be able to hem them shorter and chainstich em up.
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0