The Official Naked & Famous Denim Thread

June 19, 2012 @ 17:18:57
so apparently my brother hit me up asking where he can get nf . . . i guess they are the rage now in socal. are slimguys still down2 like wg for a tts fit?

i am going to push him for some broken twill but am not sure how slimguys are as i only have skinny/wg.
June 19, 2012 @ 18:57:04
the 'electric blue' fades term gets thrown around so much but its just what normal dark indigo fades to. which is what the majority of denim is. i got faked out thinking it was something special that my ele2s did lol but i still love them
June 19, 2012 @ 22:04:11
Trying to decide between natural indigo, hemp blend, and broken twill. Opinions?
natural are really really light, perfect for summer, but BT shouldn't be that bad either.

i really want a pair of BT skinnyguys. i love the electric blue fades.

Went with the BT's based off of fade pics in this thread. Thanks dude.
June 20, 2012 @ 01:00:00
so i am a 36 in 511's (i'm p sure levis also vanity sizes, so maybe a 37 is more accurate) and got a 34 in weird guy and i know it's been said before, but this shit is tight. i'm scared ... will it really stretch out so i can button them all the way (me getting fatter notwithstanding)?
June 20, 2012 @ 02:39:41
so i am a 36 in 511's (i'm p sure levis also vanity sizes, so maybe a 37 is more accurate) and got a 34 in weird guy and i know it's been said before, but this shit is tight. i'm scared ... will it really stretch out so i can button them all the way (me getting fatter notwithstanding)?
my big john collabs stretched, my deep indigos didnt.

which ones do you have? the wg regular indigo will stretch almost 2 sizes.
June 20, 2012 @ 05:39:04
My broken twills came in today. Fit a bit baggier than i like though. I'll get used to it.

WTB: Original Fake Tees | WTB: Supreme Tees Sz. M

June 20, 2012 @ 06:23:31

Weird Guy High Raw Denim Jeans, indigo selvedge

i'm p sure this is their bottom rung jean ...
June 20, 2012 @ 08:59:38
I just got my pair of weird guys and they're a little to long for my liking, and a little to lose around the ankles. Would it be alright to get them hemmed and tapered before first wash/soak?
June 20, 2012 @ 12:43:44

Weird Guy High Raw Denim Jeans, indigo selvedge

i'm p sure this is their bottom rung jean ...
they should stretch pretty fast.
June 20, 2012 @ 16:33:24
so they are vanity sized AND they stretch, correct? I am about to pull the trigger on size 31 weird guys (my true waste is 33) and I'm wondering if that is all i have to do, or if i should size down more?
June 20, 2012 @ 18:05:52
so they are vanity sized AND they stretch, correct? I am about to pull the trigger on size 31 weird guys (my true waste is 33) and I'm wondering if that is all i have to do, or if i should size down more?
this is correct. measure the top of your thighs and make sure that matches with what size you're buying. waist stretches, thighs do not.

whatever you measure, obviously divide it in half. i measure the top and widest part of my thighs and make sure that fits whatever measurement.

which ones are you buying? and karmaloop will get you 20% off with the rep code UNLOCK if you like anything they have.
June 20, 2012 @ 18:55:28
i was just gonna get standard indigos at karmaloop, since they are cheap, to make sure I like them. if i do I'll get more/go to a better brand like APC. for now I'm just at the trying out raw denim stage.
June 20, 2012 @ 20:38:57
My broken twills came in today. Fit a bit baggier than i like though. I'll get used to it.

Nevermind. They look too loose. Guess i gotta get em tapered.

WTB: Original Fake Tees | WTB: Supreme Tees Sz. M

June 20, 2012 @ 20:58:48
i was just gonna get standard indigos at karmaloop, since they are cheap, to make sure I like them. if i do I'll get more/go to a better brand like APC. for now I'm just at the trying out raw denim stage.
you might want to size down 1 more if the thighs fit ok, and apc really isn't that great. you should get a pair of railcar when you are ready to spend $200 on denim.
June 20, 2012 @ 21:10:42
alright, thanks for the railcar tip, but back to the WGs
the thighs on the jeans that I am wearing right now are around 12 inches (33 waist), and i like them. the jeans i just got (levis) have a 32 waist and a 11.5 thigh. their a little tight tho. the WGs in 31 have a 11.75 thigh according to BlueOwl. that seemed like a pretty happy medium, and if nothing else it would stretch at least a little bit, like .25 of an inch in the thighs. seem right?
June 20, 2012 @ 22:50:24
alright, thanks for the railcar tip, but back to the WGs
the thighs on the jeans that I am wearing right now are around 12 inches (33 waist), and i like them. the jeans i just got (levis) have a 32 waist and a 11.5 thigh. their a little tight tho. the WGs in 31 have a 11.75 thigh according to BlueOwl. that seemed like a pretty happy medium, and if nothing else it would stretch at least a little bit, like .25 of an inch in the thighs. seem right?
eh maybe, but that isn't .25 since it will be double sided, you are looking for them to stretch a half of an inch. you might want to go with the 31 and just wear a belt if things get too loose.
June 21, 2012 @ 01:20:02
Hey guys, I'm new to the raw denim scene & I just got my first pair of NF jeans (broken twills sg) and I'm a short dude, I've read the inseam is anywhere from 34 - 37" & I was wondering what I should do about that, I'm only 5'6" and I'm not sure how much I should get them hemmed up so I can still get nice stacks. any help is appreciated.
June 21, 2012 @ 03:23:05
Ppl need to learn how to do things themselves.

Just cuff your pants till you get the length and stacks you want.im 5'6 and like having a 34 inseam
June 21, 2012 @ 15:00:04
What i do is add an 1" ½ to my regular length. That way I can cuff or stack. I don't like extreme stacking. So take that for what it is worth. I hope that helps.
June 22, 2012 @ 02:37:53
so apparently my brother hit me up asking where he can get nf . . . i guess they are the rage now in socal. are slimguys still down2 like wg for a tts fit?

i am going to push him for some broken twill but am not sure how slimguys are as i only have skinny/wg.

I'm still trying to find a physical store in socal with em
June 22, 2012 @ 02:41:59
so if my tts is 32, i should get a 30 for comfortable fit?
June 22, 2012 @ 02:56:28
depends on what you think is comfortable. I went tts on my WG's and they are comfy as hell. they don't fall off my hips and they have a nice slim look.
June 22, 2012 @ 03:42:09
any fit pics of wg 30 and 31
June 22, 2012 @ 06:26:47
Deep indigo WG, size 31, these are when they were brand new.

June 22, 2012 @ 07:10:35
DI WG Size 30

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

June 22, 2012 @ 15:11:38
Deep indigo WG, size 31, these are when they were brand new.

height and weight? no homo
June 22, 2012 @ 23:36:19
So, i didn't Pre-Soak my N&F slim guys and have worn them probably about 4-6 times, and now starting to realize they are a little too long. I need help & tips on hemming, whether to do it or not. And also if it's too late to still pre-soak which doesn't seem to make sense anymore because it's called PRE-soak for a reason. Please help.
June 23, 2012 @ 00:38:16
So, i didn't Pre-Soak my N&F slim guys and have worn them probably about 4-6 times, and now starting to realize they are a little too long. I need help & tips on hemming, whether to do it or not. And also if it's too late to still pre-soak which doesn't seem to make sense anymore because it's called PRE-soak for a reason. Please help.

No need to pre soak sanforized denim it won't shrink past where they were when you bought them

Just helps remove excess dye

If you want the hem them hem them me I'd just let it stack or cuff them till you like
June 23, 2012 @ 00:55:03
Long time hype beast lurker, finally posting.

I'm a big fan of Naked & Famous Denim, I think i have 4 or 5 pairs now. I'll get some pictures up asap.

Hoping to increase my knowledge on the various aspects of the male fashion industry .
June 23, 2012 @ 01:11:35
Please login first to reply.
x