May 17, 2012 @ 08:57 PM
oldmajor

Do any of you guys starch your denim?

Swornsailor.com instagram @swornsailor

May 17, 2012 @ 11:55 PM
skrillaa

anyone know if the powerstretch black skinny guys fit tighter than the any of the non stretch ones?

I think the powerstretch ones return to their original size rather than plastically stretching out. I think people either don't size down or don't size down as much because of this. I'm not positive though.
May 19, 2012 @ 11:24 PM
Jbozz

bro shut up, i didnt bother to read whatever you had to say...
just dont call my advice shitty when my advice does work, case and point buster

This "he secretly read it but doesnt know how to respond"-feeling.

I write professionally, so please don’t flatter yourself and think this took longer than twenty minutes.

smile

LOL.

Mistahdabolina, I aint going to internet argue with you anymore because it is childish. But this was funny.

To anyone random out there looking for advice. Listening to me, or anyone else, is foolish. The only way you will find your way into the right pair of NF (or any raw denim) is through trial and error, or through Jay at blue owl (provided you already have a favorite pair of jeans to guide him by). True story. Between personal style and cut preference, and a thousand other factors, wash and fit advice is only good to a certain degree. You have to take many factors into consideration, and the next guy will only have his experience in mind. The best advice is to start cheap and play around until you know what you like. Once you get past the right fit, you need to worry about wash. Again, this is trial and error. Hot soak, cold soak, ocean soak, ball sweat soak; it all depends on the activity you put into them and how hard you live. By "depends" I mean it is up to you to find out how you like your shit and how you want to carry it. It might take a couple of pairs to figure out the angle to your dangle.

I have put three of my friends into NF cuts and styles that they love. All three times my advice for fabric has come to personal preference, and for fit I have sent them to Blue Owl because Jay has it down. All the advice you need in one post. Decide what fabric you want and go to the pros for sizing.

If you're the type of dude who has to see the fabrics to decide or has to try everything on, get off your butt and go see them or TRIAL and ERROR your shit, like everyone else.

There's one thing that has held true throughout my adventures with NF, the fit on every fabric is different, regardless of cut.
May 20, 2012 @ 12:10 AM
encore818

^The majority of ppl don't come to HB to read essays. Just sayin.

Anyone know what physical stores sell N&F's? I know Barneys, Nordstroms, and Neimans but anything else?
May 20, 2012 @ 12:18 AM
highway

^The majority of ppl don't come to HB to read essays. Just sayin.

Anyone know what physical stores sell N&F's? I know Barneys, Nordstroms, and Neimans but anything else?
depends on your location . . . a boutique here sells them, but it's local to my city.
May 20, 2012 @ 04:14 AM
mistahdabolina

I write professionally, so please don’t flatter yourself and think this took longer than twenty minutes.

smile

LOL.

Mistahdabolina, I aint going to internet argue with you anymore because it is childish. But this was funny.

To anyone random out there looking for advice. Listening to me, or anyone else, is foolish. The only way you will find your way into the right pair of NF (or any raw denim) is through trial and error, or through Jay at blue owl (provided you already have a favorite pair of jeans to guide him by). True story. Between personal style and cut preference, and a thousand other factors, wash and fit advice is only good to a certain degree. You have to take many factors into consideration, and the next guy will only have his experience in mind. The best advice is to start cheap and play around until you know what you like. Once you get past the right fit, you need to worry about wash. Again, this is trial and error. Hot soak, cold soak, ocean soak, ball sweat soak; it all depends on the activity you put into them and how hard you live. By "depends" I mean it is up to you to find out how you like your shit and how you want to carry it. It might take a couple of pairs to figure out the angle to your dangle.

I have put three of my friends into NF cuts and styles that they love. All three times my advice for fabric has come to personal preference, and for fit I have sent them to Blue Owl because Jay has it down. All the advice you need in one post. Decide what fabric you want and go to the pros for sizing.

If you're the type of dude who has to see the fabrics to decide or has to try everything on, get off your butt and go see them or TRIAL and ERROR your shit, like everyone else.

There's one thing that has held true throughout my adventures with NF, the fit on every fabric is different, regardless of cut.

bro, how bout you stop cluttering this fucking thread and pm me if you have any personal quarrels you want to talk to me about ok?
May 20, 2012 @ 04:18 AM
mistahdabolina

and i was clearly done trying to talk to your pompous ass but you seem you just like to keep shit going. next word you wanna talk to me about better be on a pm, cause for reals...me and everybody else here is not trying to sift through the bullshit you keep spewing.

for a professional writer or whatever you claim to fucking be, you are professionally retarded too, have a good day
May 20, 2012 @ 11:32 AM
danzig

hi,

I'm 176 cm (5'8") and 55 kg (121 pounds) so yeah, real skinny. I don't like skinny jeans because they make my legs look like pencils but I'm afraid weird guy would be too baggy since i'm very skinny. I'm thinking of getting elephant 2. what model and size do you think I should get? my waist is 30"-31". thanks.

this would be my ideal fit:

or
May 20, 2012 @ 11:33 AM
danzig

edit: accidental post. btw sorry if it's your pic that I stole.
May 20, 2012 @ 05:30 PM
kswiss

Anybody interested in some 24 oz weirdguys?
Trying to sell them only soaked a few times
Size 30
May 21, 2012 @ 03:48 AM
danzig

to continue my previous post, for comparison, petit standard 28 are just a little too tight for me although the waist fits me well. I'm eyeing for weird guy 28 though and hope the waist will stretch (my waist is 31"). it sounds crazy though, right? but I'm afraid size 29-30 would be too big for my legs. or maybe I should get skinny guy 30? I don't know....

about the elephant, some people say they're uncomfortable. is it true? I've never worn heavyweight jeans before. my current (first raw) jeans are selvedge mishka and thinking of upgrading.

thanks
May 21, 2012 @ 10:36 AM
danzig

I just discovered that waist is measured by the navel. I've always thought that you measure it where the jeans sit. daamn, so then my waist is 30". meaning skinny guy 30 would be too big on my waist, but 29 would be too thin on my legs. so I guess n&f is not for me? since weird guy 28's thigh is 1" too wide for me.
May 21, 2012 @ 08:09 PM
aevitas

progress pics of my weird guy deep indigos. bought them in december '10, started wearing them the following january I think until a couple of weeks ago, where the crotch blowout actually started to rip across the front of the thigh. total wear is about a year. gonna put these in the tub for a warm soak and hand wash, then off to the tailor they go for a miracle.

thoughts?

May 22, 2012 @ 02:28 AM
BOMAYE

How long are the inseams for N&F denim? I'm 6's and want to make sure I dont purchase some high waters.
May 22, 2012 @ 02:40 AM
highway

How long are the inseams for N&F denim? I'm 6's and want to make sure I dont purchase some high waters.
skinnyguys are all like 37
May 22, 2012 @ 03:32 AM
BOMAYE

Perfect. Thanks man.
May 22, 2012 @ 12:56 PM
bshc24

I'm lookinf at the skinny guy elephant 2's ive never worn NF im not sure how they fit at all, im normally a 34 waist. Any suggestions? My only worry is the leg will be way too tight but from what im reading its not that way. any insight would be appreciated.
May 23, 2012 @ 03:07 AM
danzig

I'm lookinf at the skinny guy elephant 2's ive never worn NF im not sure how they fit at all, im normally a 34 waist. Any suggestions? My only worry is the leg will be way too tight but from what im reading its not that way. any insight would be appreciated.

just measure your favorite jeans and compare it to the elephant 2 measurement at blue owl website. but I don't know though, I'm afraid elephant would feel tighter.
May 23, 2012 @ 04:11 AM
ndrew

good shit on those deep indigos, they came out niceee

www.headhunterla.com

May 23, 2012 @ 06:01 AM
mothon

My elephant 2's less than a week old. I need to give them a soak then take them to the tailor.

May 23, 2012 @ 06:09 AM
mothon

just measure your favorite jeans and compare it to the elephant 2 measurement at blue owl website. but I don't know though, I'm afraid elephant would feel tighter.

You should just go TTS. If you want them to fit like apc new standards then size up one.
May 23, 2012 @ 03:46 PM
bak.

My Deep Indigos are hitting the 6 months mark in two days.
Somehow I want to give them a lukewarm soak but something's telling me that the creases/fades won't be keeping the progress afterwards.
this is what happened to my nudies. they didn't really keep on fading after their first soak..

any opinions?

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

May 23, 2012 @ 04:04 PM
highway

My Deep Indigos are hitting the 6 months mark in two days.
Somehow I want to give them a lukewarm soak but something's telling me that the creases/fades won't be keeping the progress afterwards.
this is what happened to my nudies. they didn't really keep on fading after their first soak..

any opinions?
you should post lots of pics razz
May 23, 2012 @ 04:08 PM
bak.

you can see em on page 226. forgot to mention that.

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

May 23, 2012 @ 04:15 PM
highway

you can see em on page 226. forgot to mention that.
keep wearing them. fuck a soak.
May 23, 2012 @ 06:03 PM
basicz

yes mines going on the same length of time with no soak.
May 23, 2012 @ 11:55 PM
tooawesome

My elephant 2's less than a week old. I need to give them a soak then take them to the tailor.

yours look/fit fine, i dont think you should soak or tailor at all. how tall are you?
May 24, 2012 @ 03:31 AM
danzig

is it just me or does n&f fade less awesomely than, say, apc?
May 24, 2012 @ 03:44 AM
highway

is it just me or does n&f fade less awesomely than, say, apc?
jesus christ. go buy some apc jeans then.
May 24, 2012 @ 04:41 AM
mothon

yours look/fit fine, i dont think you should soak or tailor at all. how tall are you?

I am just over 5'11 but I have really long legs. I wear my pants fairly low to give the illusion that my legs are more proportional to my torso.

Please login first to reply.