The Official Naked & Famous Denim Thread

January 17, 2012 @ 04:48:53 AM
Got a pair of the Red Weft Jeans from N&F, and im wondering if this red is supposed to show through when i give them their first wash, or if they fade to white like any other jean? Id love some advice from anyone whose done a pair with colored weft in the past.. Thanks.
January 17, 2012 @ 05:23:29 AM
lol? cant delete extra posts?
January 17, 2012 @ 05:24:01 AM
Got a pair of the Red Weft Jeans from N&F, and im wondering if this red is supposed to show through when i give them their first wash, or if they fade to white like any other jean? Id love some advice from anyone whose done a pair with colored weft in the past.. Thanks.

this is what someone said on sufu, so its kind of a jip no? lol

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/45039-naked-famous-denim/page__view__findpost__p__2660427

Originally posted by Inactive User
when i got my hemmed i took the extra denim and did a sort of fade test. i took sandpaper to them. the red didn't show through until i was almost all the way through the denim. basically right before a hole. so you have to wear them to paper thin for red to show.
January 17, 2012 @ 07:23:21 AM

this is what someone said on sufu, so its kind of a jip no? lol

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/45039-naked-famous-denim/page__view__findpost__p__2660427

Originally posted by Inactive User
when i got my hemmed i took the extra denim and did a sort of fade test. i took sandpaper to them. the red didn't show through until i was almost all the way through the denim. basically right before a hole. so you have to wear them to paper thin for red to show.

Those are my Red Wefts posted up there on SUFU. The pics are original pics are buried somewhere in this thread and they've been cross-posted all over SF and SUFU.

I blew the goddamn crotch out tonight actually. Anyone know a good tailor in the Burke/Chantilly/Fairfax area of the DMV?

They don't fade to red until you're at near blow out status, but once you've worn them enough they take on some crazy hues in sunlight. Also, they're comfortable as fuck till you got a cold January breeze blowing up your ass crack. I highly recommend them. I've worn the shit out of them over the past few years and people love to ask about them.
January 17, 2012 @ 08:30:52 AM
Hey, another NOVA person in here!!! Can't help ya on a tailor tho, I've only got a pair hemmed at the local dry cleaners.
January 17, 2012 @ 09:39:37 AM
I pretty much settled for the same thing. Only used this dry cleaning place next to a 7-11 in Fairfax for hemming. Did a pretty good job though
January 17, 2012 @ 11:15:29 AM
lol, I used a place next to the 7-11 by my house but in woodbridge. Only thing they did wrong was they cleaned my pants after I told them not to. next pair I take them I'm going to attach a note to the pants saying NO cleaning!!
January 17, 2012 @ 17:27:47 PM
I pretty much settled for the same thing. Only used this dry cleaning place next to a 7-11 in Fairfax for hemming. Did a pretty good job though

If it's the one in between Hallman and Chestnut near where 50, 29, and 236 meet that's where I'm thinking of taking them.
January 17, 2012 @ 23:56:55 PM
Elephant 2's or Deep Indigo skinny guys? Elephant's look nice but I've heard so many people with quality issues on them. Don't want them to blow out and have to repair it after a few months. Also, do Elephants fade or not that well?
January 18, 2012 @ 00:12:50 AM
DI take forever to fade, Ive seen Elephant fade way quicker.

If you want it to fade quicker, get elephant.
January 18, 2012 @ 00:40:52 AM
elephants are deep indigo too arent they? they probably fade quicker cuz its so heavy/stiff

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

January 18, 2012 @ 03:08:01 AM
Sounds good. I'm going to pull the trigger on elephant 2's then. How much do you think they will stretch? 22 oz is pretty good. I want to make sure I size correctly so they don't stretch and then I can't wear them after like half a year.

This post is hidden due to user account is no longer active or improper post content.

January 18, 2012 @ 05:03:44 AM
Cernio-- I just measured my HIPS and it's about 32" size 28 SkG in Elephants were way too tight when I had the top buttoned and it was also tight around my waist. If you decide on 28's I say measure your hips and if they're 30+ I say get a size 29. Also look for a store that has both 29 and 28 so you can exchange if need be. I was going to get 29's but got 30's first because it was the last one and the fit isn't bad so I stuck with it even tho 29's would have been perfect.

As far as DI fades go, I think as long as you're very active they'll fade kinda fast. I don't do much so, and I really only were them about 20 hrs a week for the past 8 months.

Here's a couple pics I took at work..

weird guy deep indigo 29 (tts) Pics suck but 2 soaks 1 dry clean

January 18, 2012 @ 07:03:40 AM
How long you been wearing those? You got about the same fit as I do with my skinny guy 30's. I get a little hip flare when trying to pull them down. I like the fit of SkG but would rather have the lower rise.

Does anyone have thigh measurements for 28 weird guy? Wondering if it really is 11" as stated on BlueOwls site. 10.75 would be perfect or a little smaller.

January 18, 2012 @ 17:43:27 PM
Question concerning n&f.
a friend of mine is new to the raw denim game and it will probably end up with some deep indigos.
What do you recommend for sizing on the different fits?
after some research i'd recommend size down 1 or 2 for the weird guys and slim guys and size down 1 or tts for the skinny guys.
are you d'accord?
thanks man!

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

January 18, 2012 @ 17:47:48 PM
sz 29 wg elephant 2's for 100 bucks check out my thread
January 18, 2012 @ 17:58:06 PM
elephant 2's size 30's for 85 weird guy

hit me up
January 18, 2012 @ 21:23:42 PM
Question concerning n&f.
a friend of mine is new to the raw denim game and it will probably end up with some deep indigos.
What do you recommend for sizing on the different fits?
after some research i'd recommend size down 1 or 2 for the weird guys and slim guys and size down 1 or tts for the skinny guys.
are you d'accord?
thanks man!

Yeah, thats usually how you"ll size it. What i would do, would to measure a pair of your favorite fitting jeans and then contact Jay at Blue Owl. He's extremely helpful.

nyannyanpartycat.tumblr.com/

January 18, 2012 @ 23:49:39 PM
timeline:
6 months 2-3 times a week.
wash/soak
6 months 5-6 times a week.

I have been feeling slight breezes into my ass crack which makes me check to make sure it didn't rip. Anyways, thinking if I should wash soon again.. the crotch area is definitely thinning and you can see some small areas that might rip in the long-run ... Weird thing is, you can't really see the fades as prominent as I wished..

Sorry, it was a gloomy cold day so might look weird.
January 19, 2012 @ 00:37:55 AM
if anyones interested, I have elephant 2 skinny guy sz 31 for sale and cheap
worn one day, pm for information
January 19, 2012 @ 04:25:56 AM
I've got Broken Twill skinny guy demin, I've been wearing them to school almost everyday. Sometimes, I'll take a break from them for a day, but I generally wear my N&F. On the thigh part of my jeans, the right side has started to fade where the creases are. But the left side not so much. What can I do so the left side fades kinda the same? These are my first pair of Slevegde demin so I'm new to this.
January 19, 2012 @ 04:26:53 AM
lol that hobbit condom fade
January 19, 2012 @ 06:21:35 AM
^could be a ring

anyway, im about to post a skinny guy in natural indigo size 28 in the marketplace, just a heads up to this thread i guess. ds with tags. 160 or just offer
January 19, 2012 @ 06:26:52 AM
^Correct.
I put a ring in my back pocket just to try it out, I think the next thing I am going to try is a ninja throwing star blushing
January 19, 2012 @ 07:04:19 AM
I've got Broken Twill skinny guy demin, I've been wearing them to school almost everyday. Sometimes, I'll take a break from them for a day, but I generally wear my N&F. On the thigh part of my jeans, the right side has started to fade where the creases are. But the left side not so much. What can I do so the left side fades kinda the same? These are my first pair of Slevegde demin so I'm new to this.

its because you right leg is bigger than your left. I have the same problem too. There is nothing you can do, but over time it doesnt make a difference

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

January 19, 2012 @ 07:17:23 AM
^Correct.
I put a ring in my back pocket just to try it out, I think the next thing I am going to try is a ninja throwing star blushing

wont that jsut rip your jeans

www.headhunterla.com

Please login first to reply.
x