Get an Extra 20% Off Sale Items - Use code: EXTRA20
January 15, 2012 @ 11:00 PM
tehcake

No initial soak. I guess unbrandeds just sucked ass.

nyannyanpartycat.tumblr.com/

January 16, 2012 @ 12:33 AM
nicnack

Wore my deep indigos for 7 months, took forever. Even wore it through winter.
January 16, 2012 @ 03:09 AM
cernio

A size 28 skinny guy has a leg opening of 6.6 inches. That sounds ridiculously small. Do these fit comfortably over boots or what? That almost sounds like skin tight to me. But still the fit pics I see don't look like it. I'm a little confused on what to think.
January 16, 2012 @ 03:33 AM
tehcake

A size 28 skinny guy has a leg opening of 6.6 inches. That sounds ridiculously small. Do these fit comfortably over boots or what? That almost sounds like skin tight to me. But still the fit pics I see don't look like it. I'm a little confused on what to think.

Size 29, i can cover clarks desert boots up to last hole.

January 16, 2012 @ 04:45 AM
cernio

Size 29, i can cover clarks desert boots up to last hole.

Thanks, that's good to hear. Got a fit pic by any chance too? I'm probably looking to buy a pair of 29's.
January 16, 2012 @ 06:52 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

I need to find some kind of extreme activity because my deep indy's aren't really fading. Cakes, you got any pics?

And the elephants at 4 months is nuts!!! Maybe I should go throw myself off of a mountain or something lol. Also how are people getting tight combs with the elephant denim? With the thick denim I've got like 4 big combs.
January 16, 2012 @ 07:00 AM
ndrew

^biking, walking, fob squating

www.headhunterla.com

January 16, 2012 @ 07:05 AM
tooawesome

wouldnt squatting in them too much while theyre still new cause knee bags?
January 16, 2012 @ 07:07 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

here's size 30 elephant2 with clark DB. And yea I'm standing on my counter!! You wanna fight about it!
I also got some nice size knee bags from just wearing them in the house!! I hate it, but hopefully they'll end up like my WG D.I where they settled down after a bit

January 16, 2012 @ 10:21 AM
rig510

I have a 29 as well. They fit over my clarks, iron rangers and 875s fine.

Looking for -- Triumvir BDU jacket and NBHDxstussyxlevis jacket both in small

January 16, 2012 @ 05:02 PM
find

i have both of these. slimmer leg in my new cures. no stretch of course also. been awhile since i bunch the new cures on but i think it might have a lower rise as well.

thanks. what about sizing? my nc's are a 30 and fit perfectly, what size would you recommend for the skinny guys?
January 16, 2012 @ 06:41 PM
tooawesome

anyone with fade pics of the frankensteins? they say they were well received hence why theyre makigng a second one but i havent seen any evo/fade pics of any

edit: http://hypebeast.com/forums/denim/82050/?topic_page=180#post-3099411

i found one person....but he said he wore it 2x/week for 7 months.... so thats only ~2 months
January 17, 2012 @ 04:48 AM
peteysmokes

Got a pair of the Red Weft Jeans from N&F, and im wondering if this red is supposed to show through when i give them their first wash, or if they fade to white like any other jean? Id love some advice from anyone whose done a pair with colored weft in the past.. Thanks.
January 17, 2012 @ 05:23 AM
tooawesome

lol? cant delete extra posts?
January 17, 2012 @ 05:24 AM
tooawesome

Got a pair of the Red Weft Jeans from N&F, and im wondering if this red is supposed to show through when i give them their first wash, or if they fade to white like any other jean? Id love some advice from anyone whose done a pair with colored weft in the past.. Thanks.

this is what someone said on sufu, so its kind of a jip no? lol

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/45039-naked-famous-denim/page__view__findpost__p__2660427

when i got my hemmed i took the extra denim and did a sort of fade test. i took sandpaper to them. the red didn't show through until i was almost all the way through the denim. basically right before a hole. so you have to wear them to paper thin for red to show.
January 17, 2012 @ 07:23 AM
Jbozz

this is what someone said on sufu, so its kind of a jip no? lol

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/45039-naked-famous-denim/page__view__findpost__p__2660427

when i got my hemmed i took the extra denim and did a sort of fade test. i took sandpaper to them. the red didn't show through until i was almost all the way through the denim. basically right before a hole. so you have to wear them to paper thin for red to show.

Those are my Red Wefts posted up there on SUFU. The pics are original pics are buried somewhere in this thread and they've been cross-posted all over SF and SUFU.

I blew the goddamn crotch out tonight actually. Anyone know a good tailor in the Burke/Chantilly/Fairfax area of the DMV?

They don't fade to red until you're at near blow out status, but once you've worn them enough they take on some crazy hues in sunlight. Also, they're comfortable as fuck till you got a cold January breeze blowing up your ass crack. I highly recommend them. I've worn the shit out of them over the past few years and people love to ask about them.
January 17, 2012 @ 08:30 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

Hey, another NOVA person in here!!! Can't help ya on a tailor tho, I've only got a pair hemmed at the local dry cleaners.
January 17, 2012 @ 09:39 AM
YoScuba

I pretty much settled for the same thing. Only used this dry cleaning place next to a 7-11 in Fairfax for hemming. Did a pretty good job though
January 17, 2012 @ 11:15 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

lol, I used a place next to the 7-11 by my house but in woodbridge. Only thing they did wrong was they cleaned my pants after I told them not to. next pair I take them I'm going to attach a note to the pants saying NO cleaning!!
January 17, 2012 @ 05:27 PM
Jbozz

I pretty much settled for the same thing. Only used this dry cleaning place next to a 7-11 in Fairfax for hemming. Did a pretty good job though

If it's the one in between Hallman and Chestnut near where 50, 29, and 236 meet that's where I'm thinking of taking them.
January 17, 2012 @ 11:56 PM
cernio

Elephant 2's or Deep Indigo skinny guys? Elephant's look nice but I've heard so many people with quality issues on them. Don't want them to blow out and have to repair it after a few months. Also, do Elephants fade or not that well?
January 18, 2012 @ 12:12 AM
Cybrax2

DI take forever to fade, Ive seen Elephant fade way quicker.

If you want it to fade quicker, get elephant.
January 18, 2012 @ 12:40 AM
tooawesome

elephants are deep indigo too arent they? they probably fade quicker cuz its so heavy/stiff
January 18, 2012 @ 03:08 AM
cernio

Sounds good. I'm going to pull the trigger on elephant 2's then. How much do you think they will stretch? 22 oz is pretty good. I want to make sure I size correctly so they don't stretch and then I can't wear them after like half a year.
January 18, 2012 @ 05:03 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

Cernio-- I just measured my HIPS and it's about 32" size 28 SkG in Elephants were way too tight when I had the top buttoned and it was also tight around my waist. If you decide on 28's I say measure your hips and if they're 30+ I say get a size 29. Also look for a store that has both 29 and 28 so you can exchange if need be. I was going to get 29's but got 30's first because it was the last one and the fit isn't bad so I stuck with it even tho 29's would have been perfect.

As far as DI fades go, I think as long as you're very active they'll fade kinda fast. I don't do much so, and I really only were them about 20 hrs a week for the past 8 months.

Here's a couple pics I took at work..

weird guy deep indigo 29 (tts) Pics suck but 2 soaks 1 dry clean

January 18, 2012 @ 07:03 AM
LckyChrmsBboy

How long you been wearing those? You got about the same fit as I do with my skinny guy 30's. I get a little hip flare when trying to pull them down. I like the fit of SkG but would rather have the lower rise.

Does anyone have thigh measurements for 28 weird guy? Wondering if it really is 11" as stated on BlueOwls site. 10.75 would be perfect or a little smaller.
January 18, 2012 @ 05:43 PM
bak.

Question concerning n&f.
a friend of mine is new to the raw denim game and it will probably end up with some deep indigos.
What do you recommend for sizing on the different fits?
after some research i'd recommend size down 1 or 2 for the weird guys and slim guys and size down 1 or tts for the skinny guys.
are you d'accord?
thanks man!

Beste Grüße aus Deutschland!

January 18, 2012 @ 05:47 PM
himynameisblank

sz 29 wg elephant 2's for 100 bucks check out my thread

http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/164188 Elephants $100 Shipped http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/162862/? topic_page=1#post-329240

January 18, 2012 @ 05:58 PM
will 1 am

elephant 2's size 30's for 85 weird guy

hit me up
January 18, 2012 @ 09:23 PM
tehcake

Question concerning n&f.
a friend of mine is new to the raw denim game and it will probably end up with some deep indigos.
What do you recommend for sizing on the different fits?
after some research i'd recommend size down 1 or 2 for the weird guys and slim guys and size down 1 or tts for the skinny guys.
are you d'accord?
thanks man!

Yeah, thats usually how you"ll size it. What i would do, would to measure a pair of your favorite fitting jeans and then contact Jay at Blue Owl. He's extremely helpful.

Please login first to reply.