The Official Naked & Famous Denim Thread

December 30, 2011 @ 04:48:33 AM

Pretty bummed.. what does N&F do when shit like this happen? I just emailed them regarding this.
December 30, 2011 @ 05:05:59 AM
5'9 150lb
31 true waist
21" and growing thighs (i squat 5x a week)

weird guy elephant 2s
29s or 30s?

what do guys?
December 30, 2011 @ 05:21:42 AM
I would say go for the 30s since they are so stiff and especially because you have growing thighs lol, I'm 5'8 115 and I'm wearing a sz 29 and they fit fine.
December 30, 2011 @ 05:29:16 AM
any fit pics?
December 30, 2011 @ 07:58:09 AM
http://cdn.dressed.so/i/4ea702eca9a69m.jpg
http://cdn.dressed.so/i/4ea5d7c3e3b6em.jpg
not mine, but he's 5'8 145 pds same pair that i bought from
December 30, 2011 @ 16:25:04 PM
5'9 150lb
31 true waist
21" and growing thighs (i squat 5x a week)

weird guy elephant 2s
29s or 30s?

what do guys?

I agree with himynameisblank...go with the 30's, i'm just a bit smaller than you and went with 29's and the fit is good.
December 30, 2011 @ 16:36:56 PM
N&F needs to up their quality control. My first E2's had like 2ft of yarn balled up in the inner pant leg and my new ones are missing half of the inner stitching on the rear pocket. Not a big deal ATM for me to send out, I'll prob fix it myself later but I'm not really satisfied. Also the bar tacks, if that's what they're called could be bigger on the rear pockets.
December 30, 2011 @ 17:11:25 PM
can't decide if I should get a pair of elephant 2's or deep indigo. any input?

also i cant remember if it was here or sufu but somebody had a link to an elephant 2 contest on some foreign forum. if anyone has that link i'd really appreciate it.
December 30, 2011 @ 18:32:07 PM
I have a pair of deep indigo skinny guys size 30 hemmed to a 31 inseam worn a couple times $70 hit me up!
December 30, 2011 @ 21:40:24 PM
So between the weird guy and the slim guy how much difference does the taper make?

I own a couple pairs of each. It's a pretty big difference. The slim guys don't stack really at all. The weird guys will stack well. I cuff my slim guys into a skinny roll because they look weird if their not a proper length. You'll want to hem or do the same. Weird guys are like the Skinnies, in that you can just stack them up and they look fine.

The "feel" of the fit is different as well. The weird guys will hug your lower leg and ankles where the slim guys wont due to the taper.

I'd say they're vastly different cuts and you shouldn't expect many similarities.

thanks, helped a lot. My skinny guys stack too much in my opinion, and wanted to try out a different fit. what do u think i should go with? im pretty skinny btw. and my skinny guys are sized down and uncomfortable

I have two friends, both skinny as a rail (one is a decathlete, dude has like 3% body fat), both with Skinny Jap Heritages sized UP 1 or 2 sizes. They both love them and the fit. Nobody on the webs would endorse that but they look fine IRL and they both love the jeans and how they sit. That's what I recommend to people who are real skinny and interested in NF. Nobody I know is into the painted on Jeans look so TTS or size down in skinnies seems too tight for them. They both came upon that size based on advice from Jay at Blue Owl who essentially told them to measure their favorite pair of jeans and he would send the cut they wanted in the proper size based off those measurements.

I've never worn the skinnies so I'm not really qualified to speak to how they differ from the Slim Guy and Weird Guy.

If you don't like stacks you should think about a hem. I wouldn't look for a cut based on stacks, I'd go with what sits on my top block the best and then hem to the length I like.
December 30, 2011 @ 22:21:36 PM

also i cant remember if it was here or sufu but somebody had a link to an elephant 2 contest on some foreign forum. if anyone has that link i'd really appreciate it.

Elephant #2 Contest: http://www.darahkubiru.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4058

It's really up to you man....how heavy do you want your pantalones.
December 30, 2011 @ 22:42:58 PM

Elephant #2 Contest: http://www.darahkubiru.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4058
It's really up to you man....how heavy do you want your pantalones.
thanks a lot man thats it.

and I think im gonna go for the elephants. azaleasf.com has 30% off through tomorrow and they stock n&f and apc
December 30, 2011 @ 23:15:08 PM
and I think im gonna go for the elephants. azaleasf.com has 30% off through tomorrow and they stock n&f and apc

Sweet, I might have to pick up a pair. Is there a coupon code or anything? I'm only seeing one N&F on sale.

edit: nvm...coupon code is: 2012
December 30, 2011 @ 23:26:52 PM
if you see someone walking around weirdly with stiff jeans youll know theyre part of the elephant 2 family
January 04, 2012 @ 00:51:48 AM
naked & famous raised selvedge...cant get enough
January 04, 2012 @ 06:47:21 AM

Sweet, I might have to pick up a pair. Is there a coupon code or anything? I'm only seeing one N&F on sale.

edit: nvm...coupon code is: 2012

Ahh missed this..
January 04, 2012 @ 09:29:00 AM
elephant 2's less than 1 week of wear. croth by the fly blew out like a maniac. looks like the thread was removed it pulled out so clean.

what do now? with all the problems ive seen on here id rather just get refunded or compensated with a different style. i dont want to have to pay to repair this and i dont think i should have to. and if i do get this fixed whats just pop out or off or apart next?

comments please.

get 20% off at karmaloop.com with repcode: tron21 at checkout.

January 04, 2012 @ 15:06:35 PM
Get it fixed
January 04, 2012 @ 16:48:04 PM
elephant 2's less than 1 week of wear. croth by the fly blew out like a maniac. looks like the thread was removed it pulled out so clean.

what do now? with all the problems ive seen on here id rather just get refunded or compensated with a different style. i dont want to have to pay to repair this and i dont think i should have to. and if i do get this fixed whats just pop out or off or apart next?

comments please.

I'd contact N&F, I'm sure they'd be willing to help out.
January 04, 2012 @ 17:14:38 PM
Get it fixed

Thanks for the profound suggestion.....

I'm guna contact N&F and see what they say. I'd really rather try to swap for a different style to not have to deal with the E2's. What'll happen when the next actually gets some where on them and then everything starts to give and they cant be covered by N&F? I'm not looking to spend that much money for repairs down the road. I'd rather put more money in to start and not have to worry my junk guna be hanging out at school some day.

January 04, 2012 @ 19:00:00 PM
Did anyone get the N&F & FH collab?
January 04, 2012 @ 21:22:40 PM
Get it fixed

I'm guna contact N&F and see what they say. I'd really rather try to swap for a different style to not have to deal with the E2's. What'll happen when the next actually gets some where on them and then everything starts to give and they cant be covered by N&F? I'm not looking to spend that much money for repairs down the road. I'd rather put more money in to start and not have to worry my junk guna be hanging out at school some day.

On Sufu and Styleforum N&F threads, Elephant 2 quality has been shitty as fuck. Some dude had all his rivets popping off.

Waiting for the stacks to settle on my Deep Indigos, only 3 days of wear so far.

nyannyanpartycat.tumblr.com/

January 04, 2012 @ 22:33:01 PM
Get it fixed

On Sufu and Styleforum N&F threads, Elephant 2 quality has been shitty as fuck. Some dude had all his rivets popping off.

Waiting for the stacks to settle on my Deep Indigos, only 3 days of wear so far.
Get it fixed

Yea I contacted N&F and suggested maybe i could get a different style so this wont happen again with the elephant 2's but theythey could eaither repair or equal replace. smh which means i have to pay to ship them there so they can fix their problem. I know id be screwed if they didnt fix them at all but u can also be sure im thinking twice before grabbing another pair of N&F in the future. Thats like a month ill have to be out of these, and idk how much its guna cost to ship them to canada lol

January 05, 2012 @ 00:49:13 AM
Yea I contacted N&F and suggested maybe i could get a different style so this wont happen again with the elephant 2's but theythey could eaither repair or equal replace. smh which means i have to pay to ship them there so they can fix their problem. I know id be screwed if they didnt fix them at all but u can also be sure im thinking twice before grabbing another pair of N&F in the future. Thats like a month ill have to be out of these, and idk how much its guna cost to ship them to canada lol

Ask them if they could pay for shipping because it's a manufacturer defect.
January 05, 2012 @ 03:53:29 AM
That blow out is crazy!!! I wouldn't worry about any other pair for construction quality..no problems in my almost yr old deep indigos.

But w/ my elephants with the part of the stitching missing it does look like they just stopped sewing since there's no extra yarn just hanging. I wonder what would have happened if I kept my size 28's that were super tight in the top block? I bet every seem would have blew out!
January 05, 2012 @ 19:29:21 PM
Kayv
Forum Moderator
Since I didn't size down 1 on my weird guys, they don't look that great. It's been 4 months of almost everyday wear. Hopefully they'll turn out OK after I soak them in a few more months.
January 06, 2012 @ 00:19:48 AM
pics? how come you didnt size down? thighs?
January 06, 2012 @ 01:44:45 AM
Been four month. Size down 1 on my WG Deep Indigo. Thigh is a bit roomy.

This shit takes forever to fade. Only a little light blue is peeking out. smh
January 06, 2012 @ 04:56:34 AM
yeah, I also didn't size down on my wg deep indy's. I got size 29 and I'm true 29 which makes the waist too big. I like the overall fit, but it could be slimmer.

+1 on being slow to fade!! Really I just don't wear them hard or as long as others..only about 20-25 hrs a week working in retail. But now it does seem like the light blue shows more easily after about180 wears. I did one soak a few months of owning and dry cleaned once which i didn't want to happen.

I believe I posted pics a few pages back unless it was on sufu. But you guys should post yours up.
January 06, 2012 @ 08:48:54 AM
My skinny guys are coming in tomorrow. My old tts weird guys got too tight so I sized up one in the skinny guys. i hope they turn out alright.
Please login first to reply.
x