August 17, 2011 @ 02:00 AM
butters

Ive had my skinny guys for a couple months of wear now and im starting to get a hole in my back pocket from my wallet. Anyone know how to prevent it from getting bigger other than having the wallet in my front pocket?

Your best option is to find yourself a good tailor or someone who specializes in denim repair and repair them. The sooner you repair them the better and your jeans will live longer! If popping holes into the back pockets is a concern for you, maybe your tailor could line the pockets with canvas to help add some durability to the denim.

Yo guys im pretty new to this brand of denim and im wondering what the flannel selvedge is like and if it can only be worn during the cold because im in cali were its usally hot as fuck

According to Azalea Boutique in SF (www.azaleasf.com/s/designer/naked-and-famous#view=details&item=NAFMDNM7061RS&search=*designer/naked-and-famous*&currIndex=0&pageSize=60&currSort=score&sortDirection=desc)

"Naked and Famous 'flannels' the denim by scratching the surface of the cotton with a giant rake topped with very fine needles. This creates little rips and tears in the fabric surface. Then they brush the fabric in opposite direction as the scratching, which raises the yarns and creates a soft, fluffy texture. This process is repeated on both sides, making both sides of these jeans super soft and free to "go commando" in them!"

So to answer your question, can they be worn in seasons other than winter? Yes they can. Essentially they are the same as the other indigo pairs, just processed a little differently to make them more comfortable and soft. They're a bit lighter too at 12oz! I haven't felt them myself so I can't make any promises but they must be pretty damn comfy if Azalea says you can go commando in them....
August 17, 2011 @ 03:00 AM
infiniteme

Yo guys im pretty new to this brand of denim and im wondering what the flannel selvedge is like and if it can only be worn during the cold because im in cali were its usally hot as fuck

I've handled the flannel selvage, it's heavily brushed so that it is really soft to the touch. It won't be super hot to wear, though, because the denim isn't any heavier than other N&F denim. If you live in California, you should be able to check it out for yourself in any American Rag store, they had them the last time I was there.
August 17, 2011 @ 03:08 AM
TaylrGangorDIE

Ok thank guys i really apreciate the help
August 17, 2011 @ 06:21 AM
shnxramen

japan heritage skinny guys in 30 on sale in the marketplace

hypebeast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157159
August 17, 2011 @ 03:19 PM
ACTiON FUNKENSTEiN

Picked up a pair of Elephant 2 WeirdGuys from Blue Owl.cool
August 17, 2011 @ 04:34 PM
tehcake

Picked up a pair of Elephant 2 WeirdGuys from Blue Owl.cool

Will there be a skinny guy coming out? I swear i will buy it post haste if there is.

nyannyanpartycat.tumblr.com/

August 17, 2011 @ 04:58 PM
ACTiON FUNKENSTEiN

Supposedly there is supposed to be both WeirdGuys and SkinnyGuys (no SlimGuys this time) but Blue Owl didn't have any SkinnyGuys on their website.
August 17, 2011 @ 05:44 PM
tehcake

Yeah i noticed, 160$ for 22oz denim is a god damn steal.

August 17, 2011 @ 06:28 PM
TheGODlyBarnes

This is mad hard to judge for a first time purchase. The fit pics on karmaloop are insanely different than on other sites, like blueowl. I like how the fit is on the skinny guy on KLP, then I go on blueowl, and the pants look tight as fuck. SHEEET. I don't know what to go with.
August 17, 2011 @ 06:29 PM
tehcake

This is mad hard to judge for a first time purchase. The fit pics on karmaloop are insanely different than on other sites, like blueowl. I like how the fit is on the skinny guy on KLP, then I go on blueowl, and the pants look tight as fuck. SHEEET. I don't know what to go with.

Trust blue owls, Karmaloop they always fucking give size up for the model, or the models anorexic.

What fit are you looking at?

August 17, 2011 @ 06:40 PM
TheGODlyBarnes

Trust blue owls, Karmaloop they always fucking give size up for the model, or the models anorexic.

What fit are you looking at?

I was looking at the skinny guys, but based on the fit pics on blueowl, they look too tight around the thigh for me. From what I've deduced, the weird guys are more loose around the thigh. What's the difference between slim and weird tho? Thanks for your help man.
August 17, 2011 @ 06:49 PM
tehcake

I was looking at the skinny guys, but based on the fit pics on blueowl, they look too tight around the thigh for me. From what I've deduced, the weird guys are more loose around the thigh. What's the difference between slim and weird tho? Thanks for your help man.

Slim guy is more of a straight fit (That's what i consider it), from what i know (I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate), Slim guy & weird guys have the same or near the same thigh measurements, but the weird guy tapers after the knee down to the hem.

August 17, 2011 @ 08:45 PM
chill.

Picked up a pair of Nep WG's on sale. Was looking for a pair to rotate with my 3sixteen and for $100 don't think I can go wrong with these. I'll try and get up pics later.

Anyone familiar with what's special with the Nep denim?
August 18, 2011 @ 03:00 AM
butters

Slim guy is more of a straight fit (That's what i consider it), from what i know (I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate), Slim guy & weird guys have the same or near the same thigh measurements, but the weird guy tapers after the knee down to the hem.

Trust this man, slim guy is definitely more of a straight and the weird guy does taper knee down!
August 18, 2011 @ 09:06 AM
Jbozz

Duck Pants! Knowing the UPS guy, they won't be here till 7 and they'll be on the neighbors porch, but they're coming today.
August 18, 2011 @ 03:17 PM
caleb91

the skinny guys arent that bad, i stayed tts and at first they were tight but they stretched out nicely, theyre still skinny (obviously) but fit way better now.
August 18, 2011 @ 05:45 PM
LckyChrmsBboy

anyone have measurements of the calf area on size 28 or 29 skinny guy and weird guy???

Trying to figure out which one is skinnier
August 18, 2011 @ 05:58 PM
tehcake

anyone have measurements of the calf area on size 28 or 29 skinny guy and weird guy???

I'm going to say skinny guy. Weird guys fit baggier in the calf for me than the skinny guys.

August 18, 2011 @ 06:53 PM
TTHX

Duck Pants! Knowing the UPS guy, they won't be here till 7 and they'll be on the neighbors porch, but they're coming today.

please post pics when you get em in i've thinking about em

http://tonyhoangphoto.com

August 18, 2011 @ 09:41 PM

hey what's the skinny fit like? true to size. cause all my jeans fit good in a 34. should i size up or down? I remember seeing them on plndr for like 50. Thinking about getting that shit when it comes back
August 18, 2011 @ 09:50 PM
tehcake

hey what's the skinny fit like? true to size. cause all my jeans fit good in a 34. should i size up or down? I remember seeing them on plndr for like 50. Thinking about getting that shit when it comes back

TTS. Size down if you want super 510's.

August 18, 2011 @ 11:20 PM
yoon

anyone kno how to stretch the calf area?

www.ronindivision.com

August 19, 2011 @ 01:21 AM
butters

Weird Guy
Tag 28
Waist 30
Inseam 34
Midthigh 11
Knee 8
Leg opening 7
Rise 9.5

Tag 29
Waist 31
Inseam 34
Midthigh 11.25
Knee 8.25
Leg opening 7
Rise 9.75

Skinny Guy
Tag 28
Waist 30
Inseam 36
Midthigh 10.75
Knee 7.25
Leg opening 7
Rise 9

Tag 29
Waist 31
Inseam 36
Midthigh 11
Knee 7.5
Leg opening 7.25
Rise 9.25

Measurements taken from dutil denim website
Weird guy is definitely more tapered and the Skinny guy is straighter. Seems like the skinny guy is skinnier razz
August 19, 2011 @ 02:28 AM
shnxramen

skinny guy is definitely skinnier, i own both. weird guy does have a more defined taper
August 19, 2011 @ 12:05 PM
highway

Can anyone help me find fade pics of the Momo Collabs? I saw one guy on here or StyleForums with 3 dates written on the inside pocket bag, but now can't find the pics. . . Thanks!
August 20, 2011 @ 03:20 AM
shump

im lookin to buy some chinos, i wear thin finn nudies so im lookn for somn with that type of fit, anybody know how there wierd guy chino khakis fit?
August 20, 2011 @ 01:33 PM
butters

The weirdguy chino's fit like any other N+F weirdguy, which is probably closer to something like the grim time nudies cut. Not identical but more along the lines of a fit like that, skinny guy would be closer to the thin finn cut but I believe they don't have the chino selvedge in the skinny guy. Get them tho man even in the weirdguy, i'm sure you won't be disappointed at all, they are pretty sick and awesome for days when you wanna switch up your style and wear something other than denim haha
August 20, 2011 @ 02:02 PM
shump

The weirdguy chino's fit like any other N+F weirdguy, which is probably closer to something like the grim time nudies cut. Not identical but more along the lines of a fit like that, skinny guy would be closer to the thin finn cut but I believe they don't have the chino selvedge in the skinny guy. Get them tho man even in the weirdguy, i'm sure you won't be disappointed at all, they are pretty sick and awesome for days when you wanna switch up your style and wear something other than denim haha

thanks ill proly cop a pair or 2 of em, would you treat chino denim the same way as normal raw denim i.e wear em out for months before you wash them ?
August 20, 2011 @ 02:20 PM
highway

Started wearing my xMomos this week, I got them last week, the day before vaca, and didn't wear them at all. . .

I was stretching the fly with my thighs to stretch the third button, and blew the fly out -- DONT TRY THIS, lol. . .

Shitty, home stitch repair job, done with some heavy duty white thread. I'm heading out to the fabric store tomorrow to find some matching heavy duty thread. If doing it at home with a machine looks like shit or blows out again, I'll take it to a professional. We have a jeans company here that N&F was at doing custom work in the spring, but I'm too busy/lazy to take them to for the repairs, and I just want to wear these.

I really like the length, and they are starting to fade pretty fast -- I can see an outline in my front pocket from my pack of gum, and outline for my wallet screws. I would love to have the next size up (35w), but they aren't made. So I bet these will fade pretty fast since they are so tight. I wonder if I'll get package fadez. . . razz

I plan to rock these all fall semester, so we'll see how it goes. I still have my xBJ and Deep Indys to break in too. . .

SLP. . .
August 21, 2011 @ 12:41 AM
dango

You have yourself quite the collection of N&Fs, highway.
Interested to see how the xMomo's end up.

Please login first to reply.