Labor Day - Enjoy 25% Off Your Order. Use code: LABORDAY25
July 17, 2011 @ 11:39 PM
ryosuke

I find it ironic that you intentionally sized down to a fit that is admittedly "hella tight" but are pissed that they're popping at high stress points. I know people recommend sizing down for the WG, but there's only so much grind you can fit in the sausage before the casing starts to pop.

Buy jeans that fit, and maybe they won't fall apart?

TRUTH! No matter how good the construction is on a pair of jeans, it won't stretch 4 sizes extra.
July 18, 2011 @ 02:16 PM
polska.

ugh i wish i could post my fit but it wont let me because of my post count? any way around that?
July 18, 2011 @ 03:09 PM
highway

ugh i wish i could post my fit but it wont let me because of my post count? any way around that?

This site is really big. I'm sure if you leave the denim section, you can find 23 other interesting threads to post in.
July 18, 2011 @ 11:36 PM
Pieces

I find it ironic that you intentionally sized down to a fit that is admittedly "hella tight" but are pissed that they're popping at high stress points. I know people recommend sizing down for the WG, but there's only so much grind you can fit in the sausage before the casing starts to pop.

Buy jeans that fit, and maybe they won't fall apart?

You are recommended to size down on any sanforized jeans, unless you want it to fit hella loose. Why the hell would I pay money on jeans that will continue to stretch and will be too loose on me afterwards? I've sized down two on Weird Guys before and they've stretched almost two sizes. They fit me perfectly now. I don't see how your point is valid.
July 19, 2011 @ 12:36 AM
griefypants

You are recommended to size down on any sanforized jeans, unless you want it to fit hella loose. Why the hell would I pay money on jeans that will continue to stretch and will be too loose on me afterwards? I've sized down two on Weird Guys before and they've stretched almost two sizes. They fit me perfectly now. I don't see how your point is valid.

doods, please. there are those of us who come here to enjoy ourselves and relax. just please take that into account before you start arguing over a "right" way to do it. its a communal space. please dont pee in the pool.
July 19, 2011 @ 01:01 AM
Pieces

In what way am I peeing in your pool, doods? I came in here to merely state my opinion and defend it. Are you offended? No buttons on any pair of jeans should be popping off after a couple of wears. Anyways, my Deep Indigos have stretched and are less tight now. I'm missing two buttons but it's all good, I'll manage.
July 19, 2011 @ 10:30 AM
infiniteme

I sized down one on Deep Indigos and they were hella tight. In fact, they were so tight that the threads holding the patch in the back began to rip, one of the buttons is starting to become loose and the button on the coin pocket fell off. Poorly constructed denim tbh. Not worth the 150$ or whatever the hell price Deep Indigos go for.

Did you size down from your actual waist measurement, or did you size down from your size in other jeans? When it is recommended that you size down with N&F, it is generally in reference to your actual waist measurement, not your usual size in other jeans.

N&F are vanity sized, but so are many other brands. If you normally wear other vanity-sized brands, and you size down from there with N&F, they could end up being too tight for you.

All that being said, I do agree with you on the stitching and the buttons for N&F, they're definitely not the sturdiest of any denim brand that I've worn.

Just make more posts, you'll be able to post those pics soon enough.
July 19, 2011 @ 11:34 AM
Pieces

Did you size down from your actual waist measurement, or did you size down from your size in other jeans? When it is recommended that you size down with N&F, it is generally in reference to your actual waist measurement, not your usual size in other jeans.

N&F are vanity sized, but so are many other brands. If you normally wear other vanity-sized brands, and you size down from there with N&F, they could end up being too tight for you.

All that being said, I do agree with you on the stitching and the buttons for N&F, they're definitely not the sturdiest of any denim brand that I've worn.

Yes, I sized down one from my actual waist size. I have not had that many problems nor complaints with my previous pairs of N&F. I really do admire their denim, especially their various cuts. Maybe I just got a bad pair out of sheer bad luck.
July 19, 2011 @ 01:26 PM
butters

yeah maybe it was just some bad luck.. in my experiences n&f has been constructed well (not the best, but good). They are really good about helping you out though, i've heard of peoples buttons and stuff falling off and just emailed naked and famous and they sent them some new hardware. There are always little things that can go wrong, but at least they are trying to help out and make their customers lives a little easier!
July 19, 2011 @ 02:50 PM
Jbozz

doods, please. there are those of us who come here to enjoy ourselves and relax. just please take that into account before you start arguing over a "right" way to do it. its a communal space. please dont pee in the pool.

It was a statement of fact ("you're being ironic") and a sausage joke followed by a piece of advice ("buy jeans that fit better"). That's all, nothing more, nothing less. I cannot help that he took offense to the remark; and I wasn't implying there's an incorrect way to wear and buy jeans. I was saying that it's funny to me that he admitted his jeans were too tight but was seemingly miffed at the flaws in the construction, being that in my personal experience the tighter you go, the more natural flaws you're going to bring out.

What I AM saying is that the "size down for WG" advice is erroneous and mainly does people a disservice.

Anyone who owns multiple pairs of NF will tell you that the sizing varies from fabric to fabric AND from run to run. The weird guy Deeps won't fit the same as the same size broken twills and sizing has varied across every pair I've tried on. Two pairs of the same fabric released as part of separate runs also may not fit the same. I own 8 pairs of NF at this point 4 WG and 4 Slim G and none of the same models fit the same in an exact size comparison. I've had to size down, size up, and go TTS to find fits I liked across all 8 of those pairs of jeans. So, if we can agree that the sizes are going to fluctuate virtually pair to pair, what's the point of hard and fast advice like "size down on the WG?" Toss in the variation between preference in fits and lifestyles, and I think sizing advice is maybe the most fruitless conversation one could have about a pair of jeans.

The best advice you can get is, if you don't want your jeans to suck, try them on. Make sure they fit how you like them to. If you buy jeans that aren't tight, they might stretch a little, but since your not stressing them, they won't stretch as much as if you had sized down. If you size down and your jeans are tight they will stretch more because they're tight and need to stretch more to accommodate the stress you've put on them. Listening to other people's experiences and taking anecdotal "proof" as hard evidence of what you must do to get the "desired fit" when you're buying a $100+ pair of jeans is fucking crazy in my opinion.

Here's the kicker, the jeans that "stretched two sizes" would have only stretched one size if he had gone one size up and bought a fit that wasn't so tight. I can size down and cram my balls into my jeans and walk around in pain and stretch em 2 sizes. Or I can not size down and see minimal stretch because I bought a pair that fits reasonably well. You can also still get a snug fit that accounts for stretch without following the hard rule of sizing down due to the aforementioned fluctuations in size.

Only the first paragraph of this was directed towards Griefy.

/rant
July 19, 2011 @ 05:36 PM
cuddlestheshee

hey guys. stfu.
July 19, 2011 @ 06:33 PM
highway

Anyone have pics of faded elephants? Did they stretch at all?
July 19, 2011 @ 09:55 PM
shinjin

anyone how the big john x naked and famous collab jeans weird guys run in comparison to other weird guys?
and how do i measure my true waist length -.-"
July 20, 2011 @ 03:03 AM
mr.shift

Hope this helps, shinjin. They're both Sz. 31.

Japan Heritage Weird Guy

Big John
July 20, 2011 @ 06:17 AM
lagsinner

@shinjin I believe Weird Guys for Big Johns are a little bigger than other Weird Guys. I have the Big John one , but I can't compare it to any other I have.
July 20, 2011 @ 08:51 AM
trevxv3

Anyone who owns multiple pairs of NF will tell you that the sizing varies from fabric to fabric AND from run to run. The weird guy Deeps won't fit the same as the same size broken twills and sizing has varied across every pair I've tried on. Two pairs of the same fabric released as part of separate runs also may not fit the same. I own 8 pairs of NF at this point 4 WG and 4 Slim G and none of the same models fit the same in an exact size comparison. I've had to size down, size up, and go TTS to find fits I liked across all 8 of those pairs of jeans. So, if we can agree that the sizes are going to fluctuate virtually pair to pair, what's the point of hard and fast advice like "size down on the WG?" Toss in the variation between preference in fits and lifestyles, and I think sizing advice is maybe the most fruitless conversation one could have about a pair of jeans.

He's right about this, gauging what size n&f to get is a real crap shoot. Ive had 32's that have fit almost exactly like 30's and so on. The sizing varies so much that if you buy online you just have to hope to god and pray they fit right, or just rock em and dont complain that they are too tight but your too lazy to return them for a size that fits

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

July 20, 2011 @ 09:39 AM
Sir_Fred

If I went TTS on The weirdguy chinos, would they be too loose??

Instagram: @Sir_Fred Tumblr: airfred.tumblr.com

July 20, 2011 @ 10:55 AM
trevxv3

more than likely

July 20, 2011 @ 12:21 PM
infiniteme

anyone how the big john x naked and famous collab jeans weird guys run in comparison to other weird guys?
and how do i measure my true waist length -.-"

@shinjin I believe Weird Guys for Big Johns are a little bigger than other Weird Guys. I have the Big John one , but I can't compare it to any other I have.

I have the Big John WGs, a pair of red weft WGs, a pair of green WGs, and I recently tried on the WG chinos. For me, they all ran about the same.

IME, yes. Every pair of WGs that I've ever worn or tried on has run 2-3" bigger in the waist than tagged.
July 20, 2011 @ 01:06 PM
butters

Yeah I think so, the chino's stretch like any other weird guys so you'd want to size down 1-2 depending on how tight and stuff you'd like the fit.
July 20, 2011 @ 01:40 PM
Sir_Fred

Oh alright thanks guys. I'm not really looking for a skinny fit. More on the slim side. I wish I could try these on somewhere.

Instagram: @Sir_Fred Tumblr: airfred.tumblr.com

July 20, 2011 @ 01:42 PM
trevxv3

prolly down one then

July 20, 2011 @ 02:53 PM
highway

Anyone have a pair of red wefts? Are they worth copping for cheap?
July 21, 2011 @ 02:13 AM
tekniquez

just got my skinny deep indigos through the mail, sized tts... shits hella stiff hopefully they stretch out some
July 21, 2011 @ 11:56 AM
dane!

I was wondering if the Slim Guy cut is the same as the Unbranded Slim Straights.. If not, whats the difference? Rise?

I had the Unbranded Slim Straights and it looked kinda of boot-cut-ish IMO.. I also had the tapereds and it didn't look right with my body type, so I guess the Weird Guy is out of the question.

BTW, I'm 5'10" @ 215lbs.. big upper body/torso
July 22, 2011 @ 02:35 AM
tekniquez

hey guys just got my skinny deep indigos, i went tts on them, took em out the box and couldn't button any buttons. Is this normal? After 20 mins of wear i finally got the first button! just tryna hear from someone who had experiences with skinny deep indigo's cause im scared that its gonna be too tight on my waist.
July 22, 2011 @ 05:06 AM
lagsinner

^No i don't think that is normal at all. When I got my N&F Skinny Guys I couldn't button the top button, but i got the others. Eventually I ended up selling the pair because, even though they stretched, they didn't stretch enough to fit me.
July 22, 2011 @ 07:02 AM
highway

hey guys just got my skinny deep indigos, i went tts on them, took em out the box and couldn't button any buttons. Is this normal? After 20 mins of wear i finally got the first button! just tryna hear from someone who had experiences with skinny deep indigo's cause im scared that its gonna be too tight on my waist.

Those are too small, you should probably go 2 more sizes up from what you are currently wearing, or abandon the SkinnyGuy fit for WeirdGuy in TTS.
July 22, 2011 @ 07:13 AM
July 22, 2011 @ 10:10 AM
tekniquez

oh alright thank you guys for the quick reply! Hmmm so +2 sizes wow alright i might just return and just get the BigJohnxN&F weird guy 30 from barneys. Why are those on sale anything particularly bad about them?

Please login first to reply.