The Official Naked & Famous Denim Thread

Jul 22, 2011 @ 16:50
^ So which one is better.... The WG deep indigo or the WG BJ collab. They both are coming around to the same 115$ with shipping. Which one should I get. Im slightly leaning on the BJ coz its a bigger discount and limited edition made in japan stuff.... Opinions please!!
Jul 22, 2011 @ 19:30
^ So which one is better.... The WG deep indigo or the WG BJ collab. They both are coming around to the same 115$ with shipping. Which one should I get. Im slightly leaning on the BJ coz its a bigger discount and limited edition made in japan stuff.... Opinions please!!

I love my bj collab pair, id def get those and only like 350 were made something like that, so id rather go with a limited pair that will yeild good fades.
Jul 22, 2011 @ 20:07
Big John Collabs are a limited pair. If you can get your hands on it, I would. You can always get Deep indigo's another time in the future. Although, personally, I'm not too fond of the weird guy fit.

I look for a skinny fit, and the weird guy is a tad too baggy for my liking. The skinny guy's on me aren't even that tight. N&F has some of the loosest skinny pants I've seen (Compared to N&F Tight Long John or even Thin Finns). And for reference, I am 5'8 140 pounds. I wear a size 30 Skinny Guy and 28 Weird Guy.
Jul 22, 2011 @ 22:05
Big John Collabs are a limited pair. If you can get your hands on it, I would. You can always get Deep indigo's another time in the future. Although, personally, I'm not too fond of the weird guy fit.

I look a skinny fit, and the weird guy is a tad too baggy for my liking. The skinny guy's on me aren't even that tight. N&F has some of the loosest skinny pants I've seen (Compared to N&F Tight Long John or even Thin Finns). And for reference, I am 5'8 140 pounds. I wear a size 30 Skinny Guy and 28 Weird Guy.

For sure get the collab. . .
Jul 22, 2011 @ 22:54

I look a skinny fit, and the weird guy is a tad too baggy for my liking. The skinny guy's on me aren't even that tight. N&F has some of the loosest skinny pants I've seen (Compared to N&F Tight Long John or even Thin Finns). And for reference, I am 5'8 140 pounds. I wear a size 30 Skinny Guy and 28 Weird Guy.

Cool thanks. Got the BJ collab pair. You're a lot skinnier than me dude... Im 5'11 175 and I wear a 31 WG and 32 skinnyguy. I feel WGs work the best for more atheletic builds. More room in the cojones area. Lol!! Doesnt feel and look painted on like the SG. Although I got the momo collabs skinny guy and they'r nice!!
Jul 22, 2011 @ 23:21
That Barney's sale is money! From what I've heard, BJ collab is awesome!

WGs definitely work better for athletic guys while still giving a slim fit as there is more space in the thigh.
Jul 23, 2011 @ 04:47
Questionable wash
So, I've had my frankenstein denim since dec26 2010 and I've worn them till now. So, that's around 7 months without wash. At first they were really tight around my thighs and lil loose around my calf to ankle. From wearing it for 7 months I did not wear them everyday. I probably wore them once or twice a week since I don't go out often and I also have other raws as well. Anyways, in these 7 months I can't really see any crazy noticeable fades prior to washing. But i did notice that they became softer and less constricting and tight. Also, I am a little worried that it will turn out weird since I've had dogs scratch my jeans when they get excited and also me scratching my jeans cause.. Well, your legs itch sometimes haha.

Some things I tried to do was put a ring in my back pocket to make a circle fade, which turned out okay? I haven't seen any other frankenstein fades at all and I think that I may be the first. The weird thing is, my ring fade is white while most of my fades on the jeans are dark blue. I'm not sure if that's cause I havent worn them enough or if it's just 'cause', but , again, it's really hard to get fades behind the knee as well as stacks.

I would probably continue wearing them, however I had Korean BBQ tonight and that shit stank ma denimz. I will take before and after pics when the weather gets better. Hope it turns out well!

Cheers! Sorry for any misspelled and unreadable English, I'm typing this on my iPhone..
Jul 23, 2011 @ 10:10
So, I've had my frankenstein denim since dec26 2010 and I've worn them till now. So, that's around 7 months without wash. At first they were really tight around my thighs and lil loose around my calf to ankle. From wearing it for 7 months I did not wear them everyday. I probably wore them once or twice a week since I don't go out often and I also have other raws as well. Anyways, in these 7 months I can't really see any crazy noticeable fades prior to washing. But i did notice that they became softer and less constricting and tight. Also, I am a little worried that it will turn out weird since I've had dogs scratch my jeans when they get excited and also me scratching my jeans cause.. Well, your legs itch sometimes haha.

Some things I tried to do was put a ring in my back pocket to make a circle fade, which turned out okay? I haven't seen any other frankenstein fades at all and I think that I may be the first. The weird thing is, my ring fade is white while most of my fades on the jeans are dark blue. I'm not sure if that's cause I havent worn them enough or if it's just 'cause', but , again, it's really hard to get fades behind the knee as well as stacks.

I would probably continue wearing them, however I had Korean BBQ tonight and that shit stank ma denimz. I will take before and after pics when the weather gets better. Hope it turns out well!

Cheers! Sorry for any misspelled and unreadable English, I'm typing this on my iPhone..

If you wear them once or twice a week, thats less than 56 wears which is equivalent to almost 2 months of wear. Just keep wearing them, the fades will come out eventually! The dogs scratching up your jeans should be OK, that's part of your lifestyle :p

For the ring fade being different from the rest of your fades, it probably is because you haven't worn them enough yet and there is a lot of tension on the ring every time you sit down.

You can try the freezer method to control the smell or air them out daily with dryer sheets in the pockets and some febreeze!
Jul 23, 2011 @ 10:33
You have to wear them EVERYDAY for 6 months to get the progress that you see. a few times a week for 7 months is nothing like said above.
Jul 23, 2011 @ 15:10
I see what you guy's mean, but I don't think I can bear the smell/ nor air it out (korean bbq is intense) or stick it in the freezer since my freezer smells as well haha.

Oh well, I guess it will be an experiment!

Thanks for all the replies
Jul 23, 2011 @ 15:30
Anyone have a pair of red wefts? Are they worth copping for cheap?

I have a pair, and I think they are definitely worth getting for cheap. I like the darker color that the red weft gives the jeans when raw. Haven't faded them yet, but from what I've seen of progress pics before, they'll look good when faded.

hey guys just got my skinny deep indigos, i went tts on them, took em out the box and couldn't button any buttons. Is this normal? After 20 mins of wear i finally got the first button! just tryna hear from someone who had experiences with skinny deep indigo's cause im scared that its gonna be too tight on my waist.

Like others have said, they are at least a size too small if they are that tight. Probably 2 sizes too small.

oh alright thank you guys for the quick reply! Hmmm so +2 sizes wow alright i might just return and just get the BigJohnxN&F weird guy 30 from barneys. Why are those on sale anything particularly bad about them?

There is nothing bad about that model, they are just on sale because they are a single-season limited edition that did not sell out at full price. Why did they not sell out at full price? Probably cost, they retailed for over $100 more than most people are used to paying for N&F.

I would say the Big John is the better jean of the two. Construction seems to be a little more solid on the Big John, plus it has hidden back pocket rivets, which IIRC the Deep Indigos do not have. The hidden back pocket rivets wear really well through the back pockets.
Jul 23, 2011 @ 18:48

I've never frozen my jeans but i have fa fabreezed or even dry cleaned if it is that bad. You arent gunna get fades by wearing once or twice a week. I wear my jeans everyday even if im just stayin in, i just find them very comfy, you arent gunna get a lot of fades from just wearing around but it helps. Your ring is fading white because it is getting the most wear, when denim wears it will start blue then go to white. This is just because of how the indigo wears away from the jeans.
Jul 24, 2011 @ 02:21
You could do an inside out cold soak with very little detergent just to rid of the smell, it'll keep the indigo intact so that your fades can still have high contrast.
Jul 24, 2011 @ 07:15
You could do an inside out cold soak with very little detergent just to rid of the smell, it'll keep the indigo intact so that your fades can still have high contrast.

I plan on doing this after 120 days or so with woolite dark. . .do you agitate yours or just let them sit there, submerged, for 30-60 mins?

EDIT: after you are done with this, would you "rinse" with regular cold water again, or would that cause the indigo to bleed?
Jul 24, 2011 @ 14:49
i wear a 32x34.. 6'3 175lbs and i dont know what size to get.. i had a pair of slim jim nudies at 32x34 but they ripped at the crotch area.. someone help!! and also what fit do you guys recommend?
Jul 24, 2011 @ 16:23
Results
Thanks for all your opinions, since it's super hot where I am currently, I decided to wash them. Now, it's my first time doing this, so I did the following.

Lukewarm water
1st line of laundry detergent.
Moved around and soaked for 30min
Rinse x 2
Flipped inside out
1st line of laundry detergent.
Moved around and soaked for 30 min.
Rinse x 2

Hang dry outside in the sun!

I kind of see a LITTLE bit of lost indigo, but nothing too intense. I will be wearing them in September when the weather get's cooler and hopefully wear it everyday till December/January.

Here are some pictures:

Before:

After:

(Invalid img)

Hopefully, the next time I wash it, I will have more fades!
First pair of Raw Denim so ...I'm inexperienced!
Jul 24, 2011 @ 17:26
Don't usually fuks with PLNDR, but just copped a pair of brown slim guys for only 30$.
Jul 24, 2011 @ 18:11
Don't usually fuks with PLNDR, but just copped a pair of brown slim guys for only 30$.

I always think about buyin a pair when i see them up but i feel like they will just stay in my closet.
Jul 24, 2011 @ 23:36
Picked up some slim guy raised slevedge from pldnr, thats the only thing i like about plndr, good deals sometimes!
Jul 24, 2011 @ 23:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhNKjJ_-ywE&feature=related

brandon is the fucking best. Glow in the dark denim smokeyfacesmokeyfacesmokeyface. 32 oz would cop if it wasnt limited to 10 pairs smh
Jul 25, 2011 @ 00:36
I always think about buyin a pair when i see them up but i feel like they will just stay in my closet.

thats what pretty much happened to my grays. i just bought them because they were on sale and i only wore em twice
Jul 25, 2011 @ 02:12
I might buy the Skinny Guy jeans just wondering though I am 5'7" I wear 30 in Levis 510s Should I size up to like 31 or 32?
Jul 25, 2011 @ 13:54
I might buy the Skinny Guy jeans just wondering though I am 5'7" I wear 30 in Levis 510s Should I size up to like 31 or 32?

Best thing to do IMO is order from a place that allows a reasonable amt of time for returns. From there, I'd go by whatever your normal waist size is. . .
Jul 25, 2011 @ 17:33
im ur height. u should be good with 30

www.ronindivision.com

Jul 25, 2011 @ 18:29
Just found out the hard way what SkinnyGuys are like that are sized too big. . . the front area right over the crotch had too much extra fabric and was bunching up. I could pull the waist out 2" in any direction, but the next size down were painted on. . . oh well, that was my last shot at owning broken twills. WeirdGuy4lyfe!
Jul 25, 2011 @ 22:01
Are the elephant the only heavy denim that is not limited? I want to get into that heavy denim business and NF i know has made 21oz and 26oz limited smh. Elephants do not look indigo for some reason although it is l0l
Jul 26, 2011 @ 11:00
Are the elephant the only heavy denim that is not limited? I want to get into that heavy denim business and NF i know has made 21oz and 26oz limited smh. Elephants do not look indigo for some reason although it is l0l

I have a pair and they definitely look indigo in person. They're very dark blue.
Jul 26, 2011 @ 11:32

Yes, the Elephants are the only heavy denim model at this point that is not limited, and even those are mostly sold out for now until the even heavier Elephant 2s become available.

I agree, the Elephants when raw are dark enough to look like they could be black, even in person. But they are definitely indigo. The 26 oz. model was black, though.
Jul 26, 2011 @ 14:26
thinking bout hemming mine. will i lose selvedge line? or anything else

www.ronindivision.com

Jul 26, 2011 @ 14:34
thinking bout hemming mine. will i lose selvedge line? or anything else

You won't lose the selvedge line unless you taper them on the side that the selvedge sits on. With a normal hem, you'll just lose the original hem and chain stitching on the hem. It's not that big of a deal but I think there is a way to preserve it if you want. I believe it's called a Euro hem or some shit like that. They cut off the original hem and then re-attach it after the pant legs are shortened so you can still have that chainstitch. Not too sure how it works but most tailors, if not all, should be able to do it!
Please login first to reply.
HYPECHAT 0