July 12, 2011 @ 03:49 PM
dopke

Anyone have suggestions for a good pair of N&F for Summer?
These Skinny Guy Broken Twills are killing me on those hotter than usual days..
I tried the Skinny Guy Grey Selvedge, and it just doesn't look right. LOL

So aside from that, anyone got recommendations?

I thought the natural indigo was a nice summer jean. It's still 12.5oz, but it's got a summery indigo fade to it.

Selling (if my sig still lists it, it's still available!): N&F Japan Heritage 32, N&F x Big John 31 and 32

July 12, 2011 @ 05:03 PM
highway

What's the deal with broken twills? I got a pair and they seem to be paper thin. . . not sure if I should return them while I have the chance.

I was considering some WeirdGuy Deep Indigos instead. . .
July 13, 2011 @ 01:13 AM
jlaz93

I wish it wasn't so dam hot here in chicago, I got a solid month of wear on my bjXnf and now its way too hot to wear them. I picked up another pair of jeans from barneys, Lee 101 selvage addicts, I like to try diff brands of jeans. I hope i like them as much as my bjXnf's.
July 13, 2011 @ 09:04 AM
canza

I thought the natural indigo was a nice summer jean. It's still 12.5oz, but it's got a summery indigo fade to it.

Agreed I have some Natural Indigo and there great for summer and I live in Texas where we're having 100 - 105 degree days.

FS - Naked and Famous denim collection http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/175380/

July 13, 2011 @ 01:33 PM
Jbozz

What's the deal with broken twills? I got a pair and they seem to be paper thin. . . not sure if I should return them while I have the chance.

I was considering some WeirdGuy Deep Indigos instead. . .

The broken twills do have a considerably "thinner" feel than the deep indigos. Doesn't necessarily mean that they're of poorer construction and quality; just of a lighter weight. It really depends on what you're looking for. Do you want fast fades? Then go with the broken twills, it's been my experience they fade quicker than most other N&F. Or do you want a pair that's thicker and more stubborn? Then go with the deep indigos. The deeps remain stiffer longer, and overall maintain a much starchier feel. They both will still fade beautifully, but they're vastly different materials with different outcomes.
July 13, 2011 @ 03:30 PM
highway

The broken twills do have a considerably "thinner" feel than the deep indigos. Doesn't necessarily mean that they're of poorer construction and quality; just of a lighter weight. It really depends on what you're looking for. Do you want fast fades? Then go with the broken twills, it's been my experience they fade quicker than most other N&F. Or do you want a pair that's thicker and more stubborn? Then go with the deep indigos. The deeps remain stiffer longer, and overall maintain a much starchier feel. They both will still fade beautifully, but they're vastly different materials with different outcomes.

Thanks. I will keep this in mind. . .

Also, I got my Multicolors today and I really love them, but I am not sure on the fit. Anyone care to help?

I guess they are TTS or sized up. . . my other jeans in a 34 fit my legs well, but are too small for my hips/waist, and anything in a 36 fits my waist/hips but are HUGE on my legs. These are SkinnyG in a 36. The waist fits fine, and the length. But I am unsure about the thight(er) fit at the top on my hips. I can still move and stuff, and can fit my wallet/phone in my pocket. However, I am not trying to go for the jeggings look and was wondering if I should abandon this fit once and for all by switching to the WeirdGuys.

Image gal: imgur dot com/a/314Qx
July 13, 2011 @ 06:15 PM
shinjin

sonmeone post pics of the natural indigos, i cant decide whether to cop the deeps or the natural : /
July 13, 2011 @ 06:39 PM
highway

sonmeone post pics of the natural indigos, i cant decide whether to cop the deeps or the natural : /

I'd get the deeps in a heart beat. . . I love dark jeans.
July 13, 2011 @ 07:03 PM
shinjin

well im kinda looking for jeans in that color
not sure if the deep indigo, indigo, or natural indigo is the closest to that
honestly i dont even know if natural indigo or indigo is the same thing or not lol!

and im scared that once the jeans fade theyll become way too light and an ugly color
i love the way the deep indigos fade, i dont know how the naturals fade which is why im wondering if there are pics
July 13, 2011 @ 07:17 PM
Kslo

just to let you guy know. Uncle Otis has all their N&F jeans onsale, and free shipping for orders over 100, pretty good deal id say

http://www.reddit.com/r/rawdenim/

July 13, 2011 @ 07:45 PM
highway

honestly i dont even know if natural indigo or indigo is the same thing or not lol!

and im scared that once the jeans fade theyll become way too light and an ugly color
i love the way the deep indigos fade, i dont know how the naturals fade which is why im wondering if there are pics

Those look like deep indigo imo. . .
July 13, 2011 @ 08:03 PM
jlaz93

I'd rather get the deep indigos if i was in your position, they look great new and after a few months they look even better. I hate the in between phase of jeans, when they lose the rich indigo color but arent yet faded.
July 13, 2011 @ 08:21 PM
TTHX

deep indigos look almost black.

http://tonyhoangphoto.com

July 13, 2011 @ 08:26 PM
Ichiro

just to let you guy know. Uncle Otis has all their N&F jeans onsale, and free shipping for orders over 100, pretty good deal id say

I second that decent sale. I stopped by the store today and picked up a black pair for the fall/winter season. $95 CDN >sad
July 13, 2011 @ 09:50 PM
highway

I second that decent sale. I stopped by the store today and picked up a black pair for the fall/winter season. $95 CDN >sad

They have WGs in ingigo listed for $170 retail w/ orange stitching for $95 on sale. . . I am pretty sure those are really the deep ingigos and are labeled wrong on the site. Cause the deeps are $170 everywhere (if you can still find them) and have that orange stitching. Can anyone from .ca confirm what they have in stock?
July 13, 2011 @ 10:15 PM
shinjin

i thought weird guys stretched out 2 sizes, that site says to go TTS or down 1 size and that they only stretch about half a size. T^T About to pull the trigger on those wg 31's STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THOSE :D
July 13, 2011 @ 10:20 PM
trevxv3

i thought weird guys stretched out 2 sizes, that site says to go TTS or down 1 size and that they only stretch about half a size. T^T About to pull the trigger on those wg 31's STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM THOSE :D

no n&f does not stretch out that much, but I def wouldnt go tts down 1 is fine, 2 if your legs are small

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

July 13, 2011 @ 10:48 PM
highway

no n&f does not stretch out that much, but I def wouldnt go tts down 1 is fine, 2 if your legs are small

It's really tricky and best to try on, or know your size for each style before you buy. . .

I am an adult with long hips, so I take a WG in a 34, SkinnyG in a 36, and SlimGs don't fit me well at all. . .

I don't really size up / down per se, I just go for what fits my waist and then take it from there. I'd rather have to worry about sagging or wearing a belt. You can do something about pants being too big. Otherwise you have to sell. . .
July 13, 2011 @ 11:06 PM
DK413

Probably getting a pair of Reverse Fade SG's..
Does anyone have a pair that's been worked in? Interested in seeing how they fade..

And anyone know why it's non-selvedge? :S
July 13, 2011 @ 11:18 PM
canza

Those are similar to the Natural Indigo. I have and wore today matter fact. I love em and there is a few fade pics out there. Can't find tho. They turn in a light washed blue denim. They look great faded imo

anyway here is the link to KL to compare to those in your pic
www.karmaloop.com/products.aspx?ProductID=80049&VendorCode=NKF&iskazbah=False

FS - Naked and Famous denim collection http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/175380/

July 14, 2011 @ 03:49 AM
shinjin

Those are similar to the Natural Indigo. I have and wore today matter fact. I love em and there is a few fade pics out there. Can't find tho. They turn in a light washed blue denim. They look great faded imo

anyway here is the link to KL to compare to those in your pic
www.karmaloop.com/products.aspx?ProductID=80049&VendorCode=NKF&iskazbah=False

yeah, i love the initial color, but i think id hate it if it got any lighter
looks like im settling for the deep indigos xD"

if anyones selling a pair of cheap deep indigos in size 32 skinny, or 31 weird guy
let me know
July 14, 2011 @ 03:56 AM
mike3519

Anyone with good nf x bj collabs progress. Post some pics up.... Wanna see how theyr coming along
July 14, 2011 @ 07:04 AM
highway

yeah, i love the initial color, but i think id hate it if it got any lighter
looks like im settling for the deep indigos xD"

if anyones selling a pair of cheap deep indigos in size 32 skinny, or 31 weird guy
let me know

uncleotis dot com seems to have them listed as "indigo" for $95 on sale. . .

The picture matches the deeps as does the original price - they are listed as $170 on sale for $95. The regular indigos aren't this dark, nor did they ever retail for $170.

I can let you know if it's them for sure in a few days. . .
July 14, 2011 @ 08:47 AM
canza

Those are Deep Indigos..
and

check this link for faded pics of the Natural Indigo
www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/blog/photos-of-faded-jeans/

Anybody picked up the Tenue de Nimes x NF collabo yet?

July 14, 2011 @ 09:02 AM
highway

Those are Deep Indigos..

Yeah, I ordered a pair last night for $95. I really hope I get them, that price is a steal!
July 14, 2011 @ 09:35 AM
hndlz

when are weird guy highs gonna release and how much retail?

hndlz.tumblr.com

July 14, 2011 @ 11:43 AM
mr.shift

How would you guys size on the Solid Black WG's? My friend said that they fit a bit smaller than his other Weird Guys. Also, do the Deep Indigos fit the same as the Indigos?

Thanks.
July 14, 2011 @ 11:55 AM
trevxv3

How would you guys size on the Solid Black WG's? My friend said that they fit a bit smaller than his other Weird Guys. Also, do the Deep Indigos fit the same as the Indigos?

Thanks.

My expereince was that my deep indigos were much tighter than my regular ones

July 14, 2011 @ 12:32 PM
mr.shift

Did you end up going TTS on your Deep Indigo's or still a size down?
July 14, 2011 @ 12:42 PM
trevxv3

I went a size down on both to a 33

Please login first to reply.