Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 1, 2011 @ 05:10 PM
aruX

Which N&F cut is closest to a Levi's 514 Cut? thanks
July 1, 2011 @ 05:12 PM
dango

weird guy indigo
7 months
1 soak, no wash]

Yes, very nais.

AruX try the slim guys.
July 1, 2011 @ 05:24 PM
mike3519

So the japan heritage is sorta like the nep selvedge?? Inconsistent slubby and stuff... Anyone have ny experience with how different the neps fade?
July 2, 2011 @ 03:56 AM
shinjin

So im looking to get into denim and I am deciding between APCs and NF
Im looking for more of a fitted look, and I am usually waist size 32-33 on most jeans.

I've heard a lot of good things about the weird guy denim, is that a fitted variation?
and what about the skinny guys?
thanks for the help!
July 2, 2011 @ 04:20 AM
lagsinner

^Weird guy is a fitted look with a looser thigh. So it is kind of like a carrot fit but not drastic.

Skinny guy (to me) seems to be skinny straight down.

I own both, and for a skinny jean look I prefer the skinny guy, for a more streetwear look the weird guy is good.
July 2, 2011 @ 12:56 PM
Hooden

WG is best fit imo. Unless you want a skinny fit
July 2, 2011 @ 03:37 PM
butters

So im looking to get into denim and I am deciding between APCs and NF
Im looking for more of a fitted look, and I am usually waist size 32-33 on most jeans.

I've heard a lot of good things about the weird guy denim, is that a fitted variation?
and what about the skinny guys?
thanks for the help!

I think APC has a lot more variation with the fits, because of their cuts and the way certain people size with them. A pair of NS can look very different from person to person depending on their body type and the way they sized with their pair. Naked and Famous has pretty standard cuts, and the sizing doesn't change drastically from person to person. Weirdguy is the more tapered fit, gives you some room in the thighs but still as a nice enough leg opening for a modern fit able to stack, cuff, etc. Skinny guy is just a skinny straight leg all the way and imo can be sometimes a little harder to pull off for some. Pick a cut that suits your body the best and you'll have a fitted pair of jeans. And if you're debating between n+f and apc, ask your self what you are looking for more, nice cuts and minimalist design (apc), or variation of fabrics and variety with pretty standard cuts (n+f). Good luck bro! You can't go wrong with either!
July 2, 2011 @ 04:25 PM
renn

Will Frankenstein weird guys fade well?

I will be washing mine soon. I have worn them since January of this year. But, I haven't worn them everyday... Just occasionally. They are unconfy as hell! Also, I am inexperienced in raw denim, so when I scratched my thigh a couple times, I could see some streaks in the denim ? :S Hopefully they turn out okay. I don't see a large fade contrast on the jean yet for some reason.. So I may wear them out a little longer. Anyone have suggestions on how to get them to fade more?

Also, has anyone bought the reverse fade denim? I heard that the resin coat makes it look a little weird....and I am also curious to how easy the fades are
July 2, 2011 @ 08:37 PM
shinjin

^Weird guy is a fitted look with a looser thigh. So it is kind of like a carrot fit but not drastic.

Skinny guy (to me) seems to be skinny straight down.

I own both, and for a skinny jean look I prefer the skinny guy, for a more streetwear look the weird guy is good.

thanks for all the feedback from everyone!
Last question, do NF stretch like APCs?
i think I'm going to go with the weird guy model, so
if im normally size 32 should i size down to 31 or 30?
a great help! thanks guys
July 2, 2011 @ 09:05 PM
Carlton C-Note Banks

31 for a more slim, less skinny fit I'd say. 30 for the more standard WG fit. Also depends on what kind of WGs they are, some fit bigger/smaller than others
July 3, 2011 @ 03:21 AM
forbidden-

Hey guys I'm looking into getting my first pair of Naked & Famous jeans. I'm thinking of getting the skinny guy indigo jeans. I wear size 30x30 Levis 511s. Would 30x30 be the perfect size or should I look at getting a smaller size?

Thanks
July 3, 2011 @ 04:49 AM
tehcake

Hey guys I'm looking into getting my first pair of Naked & Famous jeans. I'm thinking of getting the skinny guy indigo jeans. I wear size 30x30 Levis 511s. Would 30x30 be the perfect size or should I look at getting a smaller size?

Thanks

Probably should try em on. Measure your waist, Levi's tend to make their jeans waist's different depending on wash, even if it's the same model.

nyannyanpartycat.tumblr.com/

July 3, 2011 @ 09:58 AM
Jbozz

I wish people would read the thread before posting fit questions, they've all been answered a hundred times previously.
July 3, 2011 @ 10:56 AM
3 Stripes

I wish people would read the thread before posting fit questions, they've all been answered a hundred times previously.

To be honest, its easier to ask. People are happy to help in threads like this. IT would take them a lot longer to look for the answer themselves
July 3, 2011 @ 12:36 PM
hndlz

broken twill. more or less stretch than the standard youd expect from NF?

hndlz.tumblr.com

July 3, 2011 @ 01:29 PM
mistahdabolina

probably a tinny bit less then the rest since its broken twill. fade super nice though
July 3, 2011 @ 01:42 PM
butters

Thanks

Good choice with n+f, but it would be best to measure your actual waist (where the jeans are going to sit) and then size your jeans based on that. For skinnyguys usually people go true to size, or they would size up 1 for a less skinny look, sizing down would be really tough and uncomfortable for about a month at least i'd say.
July 3, 2011 @ 03:23 PM
bigbrother

broken twill. more or less stretch than the standard youd expect from NF?

it stretchs a little bit more than other NF skinny guys

that means it's comfier~

most NF denim runs more or less tight on waist but you can usually stretch them out without

sizing up if you go for broken twills.
July 3, 2011 @ 05:44 PM
canza

Any valid good Tobi coupons?

FS - Naked and Famous denim collection http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/forum/topic/175380/

July 4, 2011 @ 07:32 AM
griefypants

i would like to know more about the wghigh. i work in a vintage shop with a looney dress code that makes NF's low rises not so much wearable there. something lighter tho, with a 12" rise, and i'd be solid.

also i want a black selvage flat front chino with slash pockets. like a 50's twill work pant. w/o the polyester.

thanks and happy 4th.
July 4, 2011 @ 03:05 PM
mr.shift

This is how a 32 in the Big John looked like on me. Did I make the right choice in sizing down to a 31?

I think the Weird Guy High is supposed to be a 5 button fly jean instead of the usual 4.
July 4, 2011 @ 11:07 PM
mike3519

This is how a 32 in the Big John looked like on me. Did I make the right choice in sizing down to a 31?

I think the Weird Guy High is supposed to be a 5 button fly jean instead of the usual 4.

yeah they do look a lil baggy... plus theyr gonna stretch. 31 should be good!! So do these run a size bigger than the regular weird guys??
July 5, 2011 @ 01:23 AM
caleb91

probably couldve even sized down one more to a thirty. it should be extremely difficult to button, i got the skinny guys and the first week i had to lay down to button them up lol and now they fit perfect.
July 5, 2011 @ 10:41 AM
infiniteme

Good choice with n+f, but it would be best to measure your actual waist (where the jeans are going to sit) and then size your jeans based on that. For skinnyguys usually people go true to size, or they would size up 1 for a less skinny look, sizing down would be really tough and uncomfortable for about a month at least i'd say.

I would not recommend sizing up from your true waist measurement at all on Skinny Guys. They already run about an inch bigger than tagged in the waist, so once they stretch out, they'll be excessively loose there. I tried sizing up on this cut once before, and it turned out horribly.

With Skinny Guys, I would recommend either TTS or sizing down 1. Personally, I've gotten my best fits in that cut sizing down 1, and I'm not skinny at all.
July 5, 2011 @ 12:49 PM
bigbrother

Any valid good Tobi coupons?

what's the discount rate??

I want them too!! &)

I know 10% dicount coupon (not for tobi) but I need better one.
July 5, 2011 @ 07:44 PM
mr.shift

yeah they do look a lil baggy... plus theyr gonna stretch. 31 should be good!! So do these run a size bigger than the regular weird guys??

Imo, it's about the same.
July 5, 2011 @ 11:37 PM
yoon

got the nep selvedge at barneys today for cheap! got the last one of my size
i down 1 from my true waist

hows the fading on these?

www.ronindivision.com

July 5, 2011 @ 11:44 PM
okbro

yo thats a good fit but cop a small hem
July 6, 2011 @ 01:20 AM
yoon