FALL SALE - 20% OFF - USE CODE: FALL20 (48 HOURS ONLY)
January 21, 2011 @ 04:40 AM
kng_vln

Anyone know if there will be an n&f spring line or when some new denim will be released?
January 21, 2011 @ 04:58 AM
mr.shift

Did anyone go down a size from their True Size on any of the Skinny Guys such as the Cashmere Stretch?
January 21, 2011 @ 05:42 AM
Eugen Eugen

fuck cant buy these cahsmere skinnys because barneys only ships to usa..
January 21, 2011 @ 07:30 AM
gaumtronx

The general consensus throughout all 260+ pages here is:
Skinny: TTS
Weird: -1
Slim: -2
I've tried on WG and Skinny's and this rule worked for me.

I ask bc I seen bros say +1 on skinnys...but i can see tts working with the cashmeres...byeee $$$ i needs style and comfort...oh what are your jeans made out of? just cashmere, no big deal.
January 21, 2011 @ 08:44 AM
Jbozz

I ask bc I seen bros say +1 on skinnys...but i can see tts working with the cashmeres...byeee $$$ i needs style and comfort...oh what are your jeans made out of? just cashmere, no big deal.

My boy is a real skinny dude. 32 to 31 inch waist. He sized up 2 on his skinny guys. He likes the skinny cut, but doesnt want the tight-as-spandex look. If you want them pasted to you, go TTS. If your looking for a skinny cut but still want your jeans to have some breath-ability, size up one or two. Best if you can go somewhere and try them on.
January 21, 2011 @ 11:39 AM
denimworld

My boy is a real skinny dude. 32 to 31 inch waist. He sized up 2 on his skinny guys. He likes the skinny cut, but doesnt want the tight-as-spandex look. If you want them pasted to you, go TTS. If your looking for a skinny cut but still want your jeans to have some breath-ability, size up one or two. Best if you can go somewhere and try them on.

Yah but keep in mind naked and famous stretches about a size also
January 21, 2011 @ 01:02 PM
laxlife1234

tell him to be a man and tought out the stretching period lol. Unless he is still growing, I don't think it matters if he goes TTS since he isn't growing anymore. So they will stretch, and fit him still in a year or two.

www.jacobskoglund.com | www.jacobsphotobooth.tumblr.com

January 21, 2011 @ 01:09 PM
dane!

tell him to be a man and tought out the stretching period lol. Unless he is still growing, I don't think it matters if he goes TTS since he isn't growing anymore. So they will stretch, and fit him still in a year or two.

Be a man by wearing Jeggings? LMAO!
January 21, 2011 @ 01:22 PM
BxD

How many of you guys actually get your denim hemmed? Im considering getting them hemmed 2" shorter for a 32" legt but i dont know how its going to look with a small stack.
January 21, 2011 @ 01:51 PM
jingerBread

True to size won't be skin tight at all. I couldn't button the top button and there was still plenty of room in the legs and the shins. The only time it will be skin tight is if you have large legs. If you're a slim person (which you should if you're buying skinny guys) then you will be fine going TTS and letting them stretch a little. If you size down 1 or 2 then you will be looking at getting a more skin tight fit. Although, I don't think that N&F Skinny guys are meant to be skin tight.
January 21, 2011 @ 01:59 PM
infiniteme

I tried sizing up 2 in Skinny Guys once, they were OK in the beginning, but once they stretched out, they were falling off my waist without a belt. I wouldn't recommend doing it, I certainly won't be doing it again.

How many of you guys actually get your denim hemmed? Im considering getting them hemmed 2" shorter for a 32" legt but i dont know how its going to look with a small stack.

I get a lot of my denim hemmed. If you make the legs the right length, the jeans will fit better, but be aware that hemming will make the jeans a lot harder to resell if you ever get rid of them, because you are limiting your potential clientele by removing material.
January 21, 2011 @ 02:01 PM
gaumtronx

what i dont understand is why the waist measurements are larger to begin with...i just wish i could size up to give my legs some breathing room without having an actual waist size of 36 after the break-in/stretch process but whatevs...n&f is sick and brandon seems to be the only dude out there doing cool shit, i constantly get compliments on my raised selvege and houndstooths.
January 21, 2011 @ 03:06 PM
laxlife1234

what i dont understand is why the waist measurements are larger to begin with...i just wish i could size up to give my legs some breathing room without having an actual waist size of 36 after the break-in/stretch process but whatevs...n&f is sick and brandon seems to be the only dude out there doing cool shit, i constantly get compliments on my raised selvege and houndstooths.

I tried reading this 10x over. Every time I read it over again, it confused me more confused. Can you please rephrase what you meant? I seriously did not understand that post... Well, the first 2 sentences..

www.jacobskoglund.com | www.jacobsphotobooth.tumblr.com

January 21, 2011 @ 04:02 PM
trevxv3

I tried reading this 10x over. Every time I read it over again, it confused me more confused. Can you please rephrase what you meant? I seriously did not understand that post... Well, the first 2 sentences..

He just wants to know why they cant just make denim that has your true size on the tag without having to size up or down on every fit

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

January 21, 2011 @ 04:56 PM
Jbozz

True to size won't be skin tight at all. I couldn't button the top button and there was still plenty of room in the legs and the shins. The only time it will be skin tight is if you have large legs. If you're a slim person (which you should if you're buying skinny guys) then you will be fine going TTS and letting them stretch a little. If you size down 1 or 2 then you will be looking at getting a more skin tight fit. Although, I don't think that N&F Skinny guys are meant to be skin tight.

No doubt. Different strokes ya know? He went TTS in his fitting and felt they were too tight for his tastes. So he went up either one or two sizes (I think two but not sure). Rocks em with a belt. Dude likes a trim cut with a looser fit and they look pretty damn good. The real question is what his/my barometer for spandex tight is compared to yours. What you consider loose might be too tight in the next man's book.

The UPS man just dropped the Double Warp/Double Weft Houndstooth weirdguys at the front door and they are fucking silly. Half wool, half cotton. Warm as hell, soft as hell. Just in time too, it's gonna be balls cold in the DMV tonight. Also, I think they're going to fade well. My finger tips are purple and I've had em on approximately an hour.
January 21, 2011 @ 08:06 PM
gaumtronx

He just wants to know why they cant just make denim that has your true size on the tag without having to size up or down on every fit

exactly...i'm not a skin tight jeans kinda guy, so maybe what the jawns godz are telling me is that i need to stick to weird guys...
January 21, 2011 @ 08:16 PM
gaumtronx

No doubt. Different strokes ya know? He went TTS in his fitting and felt they were too tight for his tastes. So he went up either one or two sizes (I think two but not sure). Rocks em with a belt. Dude likes a trim cut with a looser fit and they look pretty damn good. The real question is what his/my barometer for spandex tight is compared to yours. What you consider loose might be too tight in the next man's book.

The UPS man just dropped the Double Warp/Double Weft Houndstooth weirdguys at the front door and they are fucking silly. Half wool, half cotton. Warm as hell, soft as hell. Just in time too, it's gonna be balls cold in the DMV tonight. Also, I think they're going to fade well. My finger tips are purple and I've had em on approximately an hour.

right on bro, you're gonna be one warm dude. i've worn mine like a total of 10 times and my wallet fade is really starting to show...bitches will try and ask you if they can feel them (not that its a bad thing) because they're just so different looking. i think the inseam on mine are like 34.5" and i wish i had another inch and a half so i could cuff these with every shoe i wear and not just my boots.
January 21, 2011 @ 11:42 PM
infiniteme

exactly...i'm not a skin tight jeans kinda guy, so maybe what the jawns godz are telling me is that i need to stick to weird guys...

You could try Slim Guys too, they're even a little bit looser than the Weird Guys.
January 22, 2011 @ 01:34 PM
gaumtronx

You could try Slim Guys too, they're even a little bit looser than the Weird Guys.

i like the tapered-skinny look tho, especially for something like cashmere skinny's with a cuff and some oxfords, but i digress.

dudes with elephants, how are those coming along? mega pissed i missed out on those.
January 22, 2011 @ 05:14 PM
ac_slater

Day 5 with my weird guy deep indigos.

The 3rd day I stupidly did one too many deep knee bends and pulled something in my knee. So it's been swollen since then, but today it got a bit better so I'm wearing them again.

I sized down 2 because I have really skinny legs. On day 1 the fit was about perfect except the butt and waist were much too tight. I've probably logged about 15 hours of light wear now, and the waist has stretched slightly so I can actually button it up. I feel like the butt has given out a tad also.

Pretty drastic results considering the small amount of actual wear time they have so far. I'm hoping for an inch of stretch in the waist and butt. the rest of the jean fits well. I thought about hemming them but when they're cuffed they aren't that long.

Will keep updating.
January 22, 2011 @ 05:18 PM
thenorthside

Day 5 with my weird guy deep indigos.

The 3rd day I stupidly did one too many deep knee bends and pulled something in my knee. So it's been swollen since then, but today it got a bit better so I'm wearing them again.

I sized down 2 because I have really skinny legs. On day 1 the fit was about perfect except the butt and waist were much too tight. I've probably logged about 15 hours of light wear now, and the waist has stretched slightly so I can actually button it up. I feel like the butt has given out a tad also.

Pretty drastic results considering the small amount of actual wear time they have so far. I'm hoping for an inch of stretch in the waist and butt. the rest of the jean fits well. I thought about hemming them but when they're cuffed they aren't that long.

Will keep updating.

...smh wtf ...no point in having these storytime posts. get your post count up and post pics.

9 to 5 is how to survive, i ain't tryin' to survive. i'm tryin' to live it to the limit and love it a lot

January 22, 2011 @ 06:04 PM
Escaroid

I've had these jeans for about a month and a half now. I want to hem them, but I'm not sure how much I should. I'm only 5'5" and these jeans are extremely long on me. It's inseam is about 37.5. They're triple cuffed too.

Sorry for the crappy phone pictures.

January 22, 2011 @ 06:19 PM
Godskrilla

I say no shorter than 34, thats the length I prefer for a good stack or small cuff.
January 22, 2011 @ 08:55 PM
tidop

just bought my first pair of N&Fs broken twills not too long ago. i've worn it for a little over a day now and i noticed that some of the cotton or threading is pilling or something. is this normal for it to happen?

here are some pics

January 22, 2011 @ 10:07 PM
bigbrother

who cares? My broken twills has those little things too.

as you wear them, you will beat'em up anyway smile
January 22, 2011 @ 10:24 PM
bronze

ya i got onee too. who gives a fuck
January 22, 2011 @ 10:49 PM
tidop

yeah, i was just curious to see what this is cuz i've never seen this happen on denim before.
January 23, 2011 @ 02:16 AM
renn

Just hemmed my Frankensteins a couple days ago! Left it a little longer just incase it shrinks.. So it kind of has a few stacks on the bottom... Hopefully I can rape the shit outa themcool

Question: When you guys cuff the bottoms, don't you get a cuff-line fade?
January 23, 2011 @ 02:25 AM
Escaroid

Just hemmed my Frankensteins a couple days ago! Left it a little longer just incase it shrinks.. So it kind of has a few stacks on the bottom... Hopefully I can rape the shit outa themcool

Yea but people usually always keep them cuffed so you dont notice it.
January 23, 2011 @ 02:27 AM
mistahdabolina

what do you mean cuff-line exactly?
i know when you cuff denim, where the crease is usually gets "cut"

Please login first to reply.