Free Worldwide Shipping
Spend $150 USD or more. Click for details.
January 11, 2011 @ 07:54 AM
sarlo

Two pics of my Broken Twills, will shotting these photos I wasn't wearing a belt so the jeans look baggy.
Have these jeans since 25th of October 2010 worn them almost every day since.

January 11, 2011 @ 07:58 AM
likwid82

The Barney co-op still has some descent choices left in manhattan. I was just able to score the camo weft denims for under $100. They had a few of those left as well as a ton of the cashmere denim on sale too
January 11, 2011 @ 11:52 AM
denimworld

Two pics of my Broken Twills, will shotting these photos I wasn't wearing a belt so the jeans look baggy.

It's coming out well! Keep working in em!
January 11, 2011 @ 01:01 PM
BxD

I know Wierd guys are a tapered fit, but does anyone have a layer by layer comparison on how slim Wierd guys are compared to Slim guys?
January 11, 2011 @ 03:00 PM
denimworld

I know Wierd guys are a tapered fit, but does anyone have a layer by layer comparison on how slim Wierd guys are compared to Slim guys?

Well the weird guy has a baggy thigh area and a tighter leg area and the slim.guy is a more slim straight throughout
January 11, 2011 @ 04:34 PM
tidop

That sounds about right. I'm not sure how much they'll stretch because I haven't personally owned any slimguys but if they do shrink when you soak them, they're likely to stretch back out close to how they were before after wearing them a little.

alright, thanks.

i'm thinkin of getting broken twills as well. did they stretch out a lot when you first started wearin em?
January 11, 2011 @ 07:21 PM
Jessetk313

Im sure this was probably mentioned but searching the thread I could not find exactly what I am looking for. Do size 27 Weird Guy Elephant Denim exist? I have a size 28 and am slightly worried that these may stretch out too much. I have wore them only for the third time today and the waist already fits perfectly. From what I hear of Weird Guy's they stretch alot, but is that the same with the 19oz. Elephant denim?
January 11, 2011 @ 07:46 PM
denimworld

Im sure this was probably mentioned but searching the thread I could not find exactly what I am looking for. Do size 27 Weird Guy Elephant Denim exist? I have a size 28 and am slightly worried that these may stretch out too much. I have wore them only for the third time today and the waist already fits perfectly. From what I hear of Weird Guy's they stretch alot, but is that the same with the 19oz. Elephant denim?

i don't think they made a 27, if they did, its too late to find one now anyways
January 11, 2011 @ 09:39 PM
Godskrilla

anyone interested in some natural indigo revival selvedge & indigo power-stretch w/ grey fill in skinnyguy? both 31, barely worn, even color all around, no fading, will sell for cheap! pm me!
January 11, 2011 @ 10:08 PM
trevxv3

They should stretch very minimally. Denim that weighs more than 18oz. should be tts

SATIRE GANG OR MOW YOUR LAWN FOR FREE

January 12, 2011 @ 12:05 AM
bigbrother

anybody interested in a coupon??
hey guys,

i just checked out cosmicbobo's blog and they are giving away 10% off coupon for orders exceeding 150CAD! if you guys are buying multiple pairs or sth, go for it
coupon code is COSMIC_JAN
cheers
January 12, 2011 @ 09:58 AM
infiniteme

They should stretch very minimally. Denim that weighs more than 18oz. should be tts

I disagree. I have a lot of experience with denim over 18 oz., and how much it stretches depends more on how tightly it is woven than it does on the weight. Most of my heavy denim has stretched as much as my lighter denim.

The Elephant denim will definitely stretch as well. Those Weird Guys will probably end up being a little bit loose on you if they fit perfectly right now. Shouldn't be too bad, though, they stretch less if they aren't really tight to start with. Also, I would wear a belt to help minimize the stretching.
January 12, 2011 @ 02:41 PM
denimworld

I disagree. I have a lot of experience with denim over 18 oz., and how much it stretches depends more on how tightly it is woven than it does on the weight. Most of my heavy denim has stretched as much as my lighter denim.

The Elephant denim will definitely stretch as well. Those Weird Guys will probably end up being a little bit loose on you if they fit perfectly right now. Shouldn't be too bad, though, they stretch less if they aren't really tight to start with. Also, I would wear a belt to help minimize the stretching.

Well my 21oz denim from naked and famous has stretched quite a bit in as little as 3 days I think naked and famous should make some really heavy denim in a skinny fit and not weird guy. Cus I have the 24 and 26oz but I'm not wearing them lol Cus of stretch
January 12, 2011 @ 04:10 PM
dopke

how fast is everything going you think? i'm on vacation and coming back to houston in about a week and i'd like to catch it before all the good stuff is gone.

In Houston for a week, stopped by the Barneys CO-OP today and everything is pretty much gone. There's just one or two racks with all the sizes of denim left. No N&F.

Checked out 310 Rosemont, they have a wall that's all 60% off. The only N&F I saw on sale were WG Grey Selvedge, which is a good deal at that price ($150 at 60% off, $60). Only sizes 30, and 33 and up I think. They also had another WG and Slim Guy but at reg price.

Selling (if my sig still lists it, it's still available!): N&F Japan Heritage 32, N&F x Big John 31 and 32

January 12, 2011 @ 05:10 PM
demonsblood

how much does deep indigo fabric stretch? I have a pair skinny guy black power stretch sz32 and it stretched out for a great snug fit, but evidently it shud be stretchier then deep indigo as the name suggests stretch?
January 12, 2011 @ 05:29 PM
trevxv3

how much does deep indigo fabric stretch? I have a pair skinny guy black power stretch sz32 and it stretched out for a great snug fit, but evidently it shud be stretchier then deep indigo as the name suggests stretch?

I would recommend only sizing down 2. The power-strech is just 5% elastane woven into the fabric, which means that the cotton around it is really what makes it fit like it does. That 5% should make the fabric more flexible but not have a significant amount of more strechiness overall.

January 12, 2011 @ 05:38 PM
trevxv3

Your right I thought that the elephant skin was heavier than it was, my mistake. However I would follow this table for sizing purposes.

Nifty table time:
Denim > or = 21 OZ Stay true size
Denim = 14 Oz Size down 1
Denim = 12 Oz Size down 2

I say this, because the 24 oz I tried on at Barney's were so thick that I couldn't fit my usual size at all. But the Broken twills I have I could have sized down 2. I think its the fabric thickness that determines sizing in Naked & famous, since I always size down my customers 2 in Slim Guys, and their lighter weight denim.

January 12, 2011 @ 07:15 PM
denimworld

im thinking about getting the grey selvedge denim in a weird guy fit. are they gonna fade? i'm pretty sure they aren't, but just to make sure, will they fade at all?
January 12, 2011 @ 07:19 PM
Acee

I recently purchased a pair of brand new N&F Weirdguy Deep Indigo and discovered that the fit is different than a pair of almost new Weirdguy in black selvage that have. Both are size 27 but the Deep indigos are much stiffer and a tad tighter esp at the leg opening. Anyone know why?
January 12, 2011 @ 07:39 PM
dango

im thinking about getting the grey selvedge denim in a weird guy fit. are they gonna fade? i'm pretty sure they aren't, but just to make sure, will they fade at all?

They will. I've had mine for almost a year now, they do look quite different.
January 12, 2011 @ 07:45 PM
trevxv3

copped a new pair of indi's off 80s purple only cost me 109 shipping and all, thinkin about gettin the loveless x N&F collab on cosmic bobo but two pairs is a good amount of cash

edit: ended up getting the loveless collab. cant wait to get to school and have these two waiting for me there smile

January 12, 2011 @ 08:30 PM
Flamingotripod

I recently purchased a pair of brand new N&F Weirdguy Deep Indigo and discovered that the fit is different than a pair of almost new Weirdguy in black selvage that have. Both are size 27 but the Deep indigos are much stiffer and a tad tighter esp at the leg opening. Anyone know why?

Where did you get your size 27s from
January 12, 2011 @ 08:41 PM
TheCityOfChi

Does anybody have their khakis? How are they?
January 12, 2011 @ 09:02 PM
Acee

From Tobi. Fit is still nice but I might not keep.

Where did you get your size 27s from
January 12, 2011 @ 09:18 PM
noop.

Does anybody have their khakis? How are they?

if you mean the slimguy chino's then they fit alright and go tts cuz they don't stretch much. the problem with them is they're pretty thin
January 12, 2011 @ 09:59 PM
dopke

They will. I've had mine for almost a year now, they do look quite different.

Any chance of some pics of what they look like now?

Does Neiman Marcus actually stock N&F jeans at their B&M stores? I've been to a couple and haven't seen them there at all.

Selling (if my sig still lists it, it's still available!): N&F Japan Heritage 32, N&F x Big John 31 and 32

January 12, 2011 @ 10:16 PM
denimworld

Any chance of some pics of what they look like now?

Does Neiman Marcus actually stock N&F jeans at their B&M stores? I've been to a couple and haven't seen them there at all.

i would also like to see pics

@ dopke- i heard that since the online store is different than the actual stores, the actual stores might not even have any naked and famous. talked to a guy at my neimen, he said it's just an online product. not a store productrazz
January 12, 2011 @ 10:35 PM
Godskrilla

whats the heaviest skinnyguy cut out right now? 19oz elephants?
January 13, 2011 @ 06:49 AM
laxlife1234

Im pretty sure its that, but if you want some heavy stuff, these are weird guys....

tobi.com/product/31017-naked-famous-denim-weirdguy-26-oz-heavy-selvedge-jeans-in-ultra

26 oz. It's a whole new level...wearing cardboard for pussies this is like wearing sheetrock.

www.jacobskoglund.com | www.jacobsphotobooth.tumblr.com

January 13, 2011 @ 08:47 AM
ac_slater

For the guy asking if Neiman Marcus stocked N&F. I don't think they do. I went to the one at Phipps Plaza in Atlanta and they had none. Not to mention their denim selection is pretty rank.

They had some Nudies on clearance but they were oversized and not even selvedge so...

Please login first to reply.