Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
July 2, 2008 @ 02:49 AM
Calborn

Are there certain brands of starch that actually make jeans more stiffer?

Because I have some older jeans that just fall straight when i wear them, and when I try to starch them, there's not much difference.

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.

July 2, 2008 @ 03:36 AM
July 2, 2008 @ 04:04 AM
DREWKKAKE

^^and if you dont like reading alot..

SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

July 2, 2008 @ 04:31 AM
Calborn

ohhh thanks guys.

As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do.

July 2, 2008 @ 10:07 AM
MonkeyFresh

I have powder starch... mix in a small tub of water, dip the garment and let air dry... i havent used it yet, ima post pics of this stuff when i get home, was brought over from the philippines by a family friend, looks good tho, id be happy to send a packet (i have so much of this shit lmao..) to a few ppl willing to try and post pics of the process/reults via S.A.S.E. smile
July 2, 2008 @ 10:22 AM
CHEEP

starch is not good for your jeans... just saying.
July 2, 2008 @ 11:04 AM
MonkeyFresh

starch is not good for your jeans... just saying.

I know its bad for the long run which is why i soaked my imperials to rid them of factory starch, but say your jeans are getting a bit soft and u want to wear them out a bit more, like a month or two, i dont think starch will have all that bad of an effect, but please correct me if I'm wrong
July 2, 2008 @ 03:19 PM
DREWKKAKE

^then soak them

July 2, 2008 @ 03:25 PM
Calborn

oh sickk, kamusta! haha

but yeah, cause ive got some pairs that have gotten soft from wear over the months, and i just need something to make em stiff again and stack em.

im thinking just using regular corn starch and water and then just spraying it on and ironing.
will that work?

July 2, 2008 @ 03:26 PM
CHEEP

well... personally i think alot of what people think is the "proper" way to wear out jeans is complete bullshit. i wash mine all the time, and they still fade and the creases are never lost. just wear them all the time, and dont think about it so damn much and before you know it you will have some beautiful jeans.
July 2, 2008 @ 03:35 PM
Calborn

there's a "proper" way?

wtf.

all i want are some stiffer jeans. lol
cause mine feel like cotton or something now.

July 2, 2008 @ 06:06 PM
MonkeyFresh

there's a "proper" way?

wtf.

all i want are some stiffer jeans. lol
cause mine feel like cotton or something now.

lmao most jeans are made of 100% cotton so its not a suprise they feel like it smile
Id be glad to send you some of my powder starch, just take pics of the process and how stiff the jeans come out, im curious
and cheep, your jeans do come out beautiful but then again they are your jeans, everyone has their own method to getting to a beautiful pair, and if starch is part of it, I say let it rock
but I also agree with you that too many ppl are being too overprotective/anal about their jeans, theyre just pants.. do what you do in them and it will show sooner or later cool
July 2, 2008 @ 10:55 PM
monook

why starch? you can get good results, if not the same, with soft jeans
July 2, 2008 @ 11:13 PM
DREWKKAKE

^so true. best way to make them stiffer is just to wash them or soak them. cheep is the perfect example of constant washing not washing out all indigo and looking completely washed out. him saying he doesnt follow the "proper" way means that he washes. most people go as long as possible without washing. my mentality is just to wash when they smell heavily of my sweaty ass/balls.

so just soak them mother fuckers

July 3, 2008 @ 12:16 AM
Calborn

lmao most jeans are made of 100% cotton so its not a suprise they feel like it smile
Id be glad to send you some of my powder starch, just take pics of the process and how stiff the jeans come out, im curious
and cheep, your jeans do come out beautiful but then again they are your jeans, everyone has their own method to getting to a beautiful pair, and if starch is part of it, I say let it rock
but I also agree with you that too many ppl are being too overprotective/anal about their jeans, theyre just pants.. do what you do in them and it will show sooner or later cool

dude, that would be awesome.
how much would it cost?

and @ drew: constant washing, does that make jeans stiffer?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

July 3, 2008 @ 12:18 AM
Althis

lol after a long sweaty day me jeans smell like shit but i hang them up over night in the window and in the morning they bes oderless =)
July 3, 2008 @ 12:39 AM
rtst102

^i just use my own ball sweat to keep my pants fresh
July 3, 2008 @ 01:34 AM
m4d3lnchln4

why dont you just go to your local longs and buy spray on starch. its in a can and you can just aim and spray it where you want it starched.
July 3, 2008 @ 02:16 AM
Calborn

i did that.
the starch failed.
didnt make much difference and wore off after a few hours of walking.
used a lot too.

July 3, 2008 @ 06:19 AM
CHEEP

try soaking the jeans for a minute and then hanging them up to dry outside. that should stiffen them for a little while.
July 3, 2008 @ 09:13 AM
Jim Jardashian

if your special your sweat would work as great as starch
July 3, 2008 @ 03:01 PM
Calborn

if your special your sweat would work as great as starch

ehhh, guess i'm not special.

@ cheep: alright, thanks bro. they're drying right at this moment.

Please login first to reply.