July 12, 2008 @ 04:12 AM
Medasyn

PRPS & Samurai FTW
July 12, 2008 @ 06:47 PM
Homer[206]

Levis, Orisue, 7 for all man kind, and crooks and castles
July 13, 2008 @ 07:09 AM
JME3000

diesel are the shit! slick denim and not overpriced...like edwin too or any jean with japanese denim...
July 13, 2008 @ 11:10 AM
Bumpy Johnson

levis and nudies
July 13, 2008 @ 11:19 AM
cernio

just curious
im hearing a lot about nudies, samurai and edwins. how much do those cost a pair and can someone tell me what sites or places to buy those from?

and are they all raw? do you have to soak them or soemthing i never really understood that. is there a guide for that?

lastly, what levi's models do you guys recommend.

sorry for all the questions...im a denim newbie
July 14, 2008 @ 04:10 AM
stukovx

BiG carries samurais and most japanese brands. self-edge in SF sells nudies.
July 14, 2008 @ 12:55 PM
frrple

nudies run upward $100 retail but i've gotten pairs for $60. i've seen samurais for as little as $99, but i'm not sure what the avg retail is. i like the classic 501s. good quality raw for little to nothing.
July 14, 2008 @ 12:57 PM
CHEEP

samurais for 99$? youve gotta be kidding me. they retail at 285 and up in the us
July 14, 2008 @ 01:17 PM
frrple

yeh that's why i was skeptical to buy it when i saw it, but it was there at $99. the one's i've seen online or at blue in green are near $300 a pop.

thanks cheep for clearing that up. i shouldve been more specific as to whether or not those could have been knockoffs.
July 14, 2008 @ 01:22 PM
Althis

nudies ive seen are always like 150+
July 18, 2008 @ 05:13 AM
denimhead

Top notch denim quality
washes, distressing, and sanding all done by hand
special looms for stitching thread (no I'm not talking about evisu)
a style for everyone-from casual and conforming to showy and outstanding
Unparalled fits and cuts
50+ diverse cuts to choose from
non gender specific
~often replicated NEVER duplicated

none other than..

TRUE RELIGION brand jeans
-Fashion for the senses
July 18, 2008 @ 02:35 PM
Medasyn

^^ but the back pockets are ugly as shit.
July 18, 2008 @ 09:57 PM
denimhead

^ actually by popular belief the majority of the back pockets on true religions attract more customers in the US than evisu, the year of, and samurai jeans combined.. so for every person you get to flame TR i could probably get 3 or 4 to flame your cult japanese denim brands cool
July 18, 2008 @ 10:07 PM
eddeeboi

levis
July 19, 2008 @ 02:13 AM
Medasyn

^ actually by popular belief the majority of the back pockets on true religions attract more customers in the US than evisu, the year of, and samurai jeans combined.. so for every person you get to flame TR i could probably get 3 or 4 to flame your cult japanese denim brands cool

July 19, 2008 @ 02:36 PM
denimhead

^^LOL yes actually..
check the brand's stocks in the US
TR has beat them in sales continuously since 2004
smilecool

(gee i wonder why...|0)
July 19, 2008 @ 05:26 PM
Althis

because it's so played out and all the wannabes wear them so they can try to act cool

true religion denim is crap, paper thin, and their back pockets look ridiculous
July 19, 2008 @ 05:50 PM
denimhead

because it's so played out and all the wannabes wear them so they can try to act cool

true religion denim is crap, paper thin, and their back pockets look ridiculous

Actually as an ACTUAL OWNER of true religion denim
with an ACTUAL assessment of their quality

True religion denim has 3 levels of thickness for buyers to choose choose from the standard is regular denim which is slightly heavier than that of the Levi. Thicker denim is a option chosen when buyers decide to go with the bulk stitching and bigger rivets and buttons. This denim is thicker in order to sustain the weight of the threads and rivets and ultimately to prevent tearing on stressed parts of the jean. and the LIGHTWEIGHT DENIM which you are probably referring to is preferred** from the general audience for the summer season as the denim is a lot more comfortable then the standard THICK denim they offer as the temperature rises. It's actually a bragging right that True Religion is one of the few denim companies that offer the denim in different thickness levels to appeal to a wider level of consumer comfort. As far as played out.. Take a trip to NY my friend an avid state known as one of the world's Fashion pinnacle. cool

and the "wannabees" wear them because True Religion Prides itself on their SUPERIOR denim quality while still making the jeans everyday wearable. The denim is High quality but can still be tumble washed/dryed with your normal clothes for convenience. (try doing that with your Evisus and Samurais cool) *not to knock evisu as i am also a fan of their work
Also the Meticulous craftsmanship, hand washes, and attention to detail all merit the price tags. So before you offer your clearly nonconstructive and naive opinion, I'd recommend taking a trip to one of their 30+ flagship retail/outlet stores or any high-end boutique across the US that still shovels out True religions daily. smile
thx
July 19, 2008 @ 09:23 PM
king charles

Actually as an ACTUAL OWNER of true religion denim
with an ACTUAL assessment of their quality

True religion denim has 3 levels of thickness for buyers to choose choose from the standard is regular denim which is slightly heavier than that of the Levi. Thicker denim is a option chosen when buyers decide to go with the bulk stitching and bigger rivets and buttons. This denim is thicker in order to sustain the weight of the threads and rivets and ultimately to prevent tearing on stressed parts of the jean. and the LIGHTWEIGHT DENIM which you are probably referring to is preferred** from the general audience for the summer season as the denim is a lot more comfortable then the standard THICK denim they offer as the temperature rises. It's actually a bragging right that True Religion is one of the few denim companies that offer the denim in different thickness levels to appeal to a wider level of consumer comfort. As far as played out.. Take a trip to NY my friend an avid state known as one of the world's Fashion pinnacle. cool

and the "wannabees" wear them because True Religion Prides itself on their SUPERIOR denim quality while still making the jeans everyday wearable. The denim is High quality but can still be tumble washed/dryed with your normal clothes for convenience. (try doing that with your Evisus and Samurais cool) *not to knock evisu as i am also a fan of their work
Also the Meticulous craftsmanship, hand washes, and attention to detail all merit the price tags. So before you offer your clearly nonconstructive and naive opinion, I'd recommend taking a trip to one of their 30+ flagship retail/outlet stores or any high-end boutique across the US that still shovels out True religions daily. smile
thx

didn't read moar then 1.5lines,
then i realized, true religions are horrible no matter what you say,
July 19, 2008 @ 10:25 PM
Crakaveli

denimhead's first post sounded like a commercial...

i think denim with a lot of extra stuff on is so people will notice that they're wearing X-brand and it cost a lot of money. that goes for other apparel as well.
July 19, 2008 @ 11:07 PM
dOpe-AF

fanboy? I'm likin NBHD Evisu
July 19, 2008 @ 11:09 PM
denimhead

denimhead's first post sounded like a commercial...
i think denim with a lot of extra stuff on is so people will notice that they're wearing X-brand and it cost a lot of money. that goes for other apparel as well.

lol it did but im tired of everyone taking shits on a genuinely good brand just because it's in a music video or on some celebrity.. and not all of their stuff is blatantly attention craving they do have simpler pairs with a solid blue wash and just the back pocket embroidery.. people that wear the obnoxious pairs CHOOSE to stand out.. that doesn't make it a bad brand

some of evisus jeans are just flat out screaming
"HEY YOU OVER THERE! LOOK AT ME!"
but no one here really threadshits on them confused
July 20, 2008 @ 12:14 AM
Zian

^^LOL yes actually..
check the brand's stocks in the US
TR has beat them in sales continuously since 2004
smilecool

(gee i wonder why...|0)

well just the sale of TR vs. Evisus or Samurai's in the US doesn't necessarily decide anything about the quality of the jeans. In my opinion most Americans with the money to spend 200+ on jeans tend to buy Western Brands such as True Religion, Seven, Rock and Republic, etc. In addition, Evisu's, Samurai's, and other Japanese denim are much harder to obtain and find in the States. Not owning a pair of TR I cannot say anything about their quality, but I own a few pairs of Evisus and a pair of the Evisu Japanese line and I can clearly say that the denim is superb.
July 20, 2008 @ 01:26 AM
denimhead

well just the sale of TR vs. Evisus or Samurai's in the US doesn't necessarily decide anything about the quality of the jeans. In my opinion most Americans with the money to spend 200+ on jeans tend to buy Western Brands such as True Religion, Seven, Rock and Republic, etc. In addition, Evisu's, Samurai's, and other Japanese denim are much harder to obtain and find in the States. Not owning a pair of TR I cannot say anything about their quality, but I own a few pairs of Evisus and a pair of the Evisu Japanese line and I can clearly say that the denim is superb.

THANK YOU

i will admit True religion is as a whole naturally a lot easier to find than these Japanese denim brands and yes i will admit obviously that along with lack of huge publicity in the US stunts their sales and does not in any way make their denim quality inferior. I not once said it was. What really bugs me though is that 90% of people on these forums who will threadshit on brands like True Religion and Diesel THAT DO NOT OWN A SINGLE PAIR. They just side with the majority's opinion assuming it's the truth. The problem with that is that this forum consists of people whom as a majority do not like these brands solely because they're over publicized. That doesn't make True Religion a bad brand and anyone who has tried on a pair of Rigid TRs or SuperTs knows that. So i know you guys are like "YO STFU ABOUT TR ALREADY" so I'm going to stop preaching to you guys but before you guys are so quick to type "wow r youz foreelz??" to anyone who says they like True Religion you should go actually TRY THEM and see that hey maybe theres is actually a GOOD reason these things are so popular..

ETA: And i bet the majority of you had no clue True Religion DOES make Raw/Selvedge denim whose quality rivals if not surpasses YES SURPASSES that of Uniqlo/A.P.C. theres a member on another forum that said is he wore his Raw TRs for 4 months with no signs of tears or significant damage while his Uniqlo selvedge starting forming holes at the crotch.. so much for TR being "shit quality" rolls eyes* If you do not believe me PM me for pictures
July 20, 2008 @ 06:16 AM
BlindFutur3

THANK YOU

i will admit True religion is as a whole naturally a lot easier to find than these Japanese denim brands and yes i will admit obviously that along with lack of huge publicity in the US stunts their sales and does not in any way make their denim quality inferior. I not once said it was. What really bugs me though is that 90% of people on these forums who will threadshit on brands like True Religion and Diesel THAT DO NOT OWN A SINGLE PAIR. They just side with the majority's opinion assuming it's the truth. The problem with that is that this forum consists of people whom as a majority do not like these brands solely because they're over publicized. That doesn't make True Religion a bad brand and anyone who has tried on a pair of Rigid TRs or SuperTs knows that. So i know you guys are like "YO STFU ABOUT TR ALREADY" so I'm going to stop preaching to you guys but before you guys are so quick to type "wow r youz foreelz??" to anyone who says they like True Religion you should go actually TRY THEM and see that hey maybe theres is actually a GOOD reason these things are so popular..

ETA: And i bet the majority of you had no clue True Religion DOES make Raw/Selvedge denim whose quality rivals if not surpasses YES SURPASSES that of Uniqlo/A.P.C. theres a member on another forum that said is he wore his Raw TRs for 4 months with no signs of tears or significant damage while his Uniqlo selvedge starting forming holes at the crotch.. so much for TR being "shit quality" rolls eyes* If you do not believe me PM me for pictures

Just wanted to bold this for more lulz.
July 21, 2008 @ 04:00 PM
Remedi

how much does TR pay you yearly denimhead
July 21, 2008 @ 04:29 PM
SSBSTS

lol @ apc and uniqlo being a measure of durability/quality. also, you can wash samurai and evisu all you want. they'll be fine. the reason people don't is to provide higher contrast fades, not because the jeans will fall apart or something ridiculous.
July 21, 2008 @ 07:42 PM
prideffle

denimhead, you make some decent points. Still, despite having quieter stitching and labels, all the trend whores buy true religions for the giant horseshoes and not the quality. 99% of those buyers will have never heard of selvage or care.

To answer the OP, samurais. Attention to detail is incredible. 21oz
July 22, 2008 @ 12:19 PM
denimhead

how much does TR pay you yearly denimhead

lol i wish i could answer that but the only hire 18 and older.. trust me I've tried.. i know more than 90% of their fking sales associates anyway razz
July 22, 2008 @ 12:25 PM
denimhead

lol @ apc and uniqlo being a measure of durability/quality. also, you can wash samurai and evisu all you want. they'll be fine. the reason people don't is to provide higher contrast fades, not because the jeans will fall apart or something ridiculous.

yes but the wash will bleed like MAD since they're died in indigo by hand. My friend said his on his white "daicock" pair the "gull" ended up light blue and didn't go backsuprised no matter.. i wasn't saying they were going to fall apart while evisu prides itself on they're quality denim but i wouldn't wash my evisu with any of my other jeans.. im just saying with other brands i wouldn't have to worry about that without sacrificing quality.

Please login first to reply.