The Official Eternal Thread

September 21, 2010 @ 10:04:22
lol damn son that bucket is NASTY! good shit though i guess haha keep up the progress
September 25, 2010 @ 03:24:42
hello to everybody

I think Eternal 811 is going to be the first japanese jeans I order.

Can I take the one wash measurement chart as a reference to sizing? I mean, is this how the non-wash model is going to measure after the soak/wash? or is going to be different.

How much do they stretch with wear (the nonwash) in the waist, tight and rise?

is the rise in jeans something that stretchs with use or is only the tight and waist?

thanks a lot for your help and kind regards
September 25, 2010 @ 04:13:21
The raw models should shrink up to the same measurements as the one wash versions with the same tagged size. Eternals don't stretch too much but you'd be able to get a good 1"-1.5" inches of stretch at the least. The rise shouldn't stretch much at all. Like you mentioned notable stretch would mostly occur in the waist/upper thigh/seat areas.
September 25, 2010 @ 05:19:59
The raw models should shrink up to the same measurements as the one wash versions with the same tagged size. Eternals don't stretch too much but you'd be able to get a good 1"-1.5" inches of stretch at the least. The rise shouldn't stretch much at all. Like you mentioned notable stretch would mostly occur in the waist/upper thigh/seat areas.

So that would be 1-1.5 at lest at the waist? it could even get to two inches? I guess a lot in any case, maybe I have to size down, I am ok with 31.5 inches waist after the stetching. What about the stretching in the tight and seat?

thanks a lot for your help
September 26, 2010 @ 16:11:34
I'd only size down if you were ready for some pain and wanted a slimmer fit. The waist is cut pretty tight in comparison to the rest of the top block.

If you're looking for a comfortable waist just get TTS. Their stretch is still less than other denim brands.
September 26, 2010 @ 18:34:07
got my contest jeans in the mail yesterday maybe some pics in the coming week
September 27, 2010 @ 14:10:58
I'd only size down if you were ready for some pain and wanted a slimmer fit. The waist is cut pretty tight in comparison to the rest of the top block.

If you're looking for a comfortable waist just get TTS. Their stretch is still less than other denim brands.

I am a bit confused, lookind at the BIG one wash chart, the tight, rise and leg looks good to me in 31 and 32 size (they are very similar), the issue here is to know how much is the waist going to strectch. I am fine with a 32 waist after stretching, size 31 is 30.5 waist and size 32 is 31"(according to BIG) so if the wasit is going to stretch more than 1.5" size 32 could be too much, that
September 27, 2010 @ 20:04:05
Just go tts. They do have the potential to get 1.5" of stretch but it'll take quite a bit of time. Unsanforized denim continually shrinks when washed/soaked too. In the end it's always better to get the bigger size.
September 27, 2010 @ 21:07:59
^ Definitely go true to size. I went down 1 and I think TTS would have been the better choice.
September 28, 2010 @ 00:11:10

Eternal 811 contest jeans
September 28, 2010 @ 12:53:40
Unsanforized denim continually shrinks when washed/soaked too. In the end it's always better to get the bigger size.

Thanks a lot for your help. I am totally new to raw denim, I have a lot to learn abou it. So, you that , after washed it goes back to prewash measurement and stay that way for some time before they stretch again? this happens with regular jeans but it takes minutes to strectch again.

I been reading too about the firs soak/wash. The best thing to do is to hot soak at the beginning to shrink and then wash a few months after that, is that the way? why it has to be hot? is it going to shrink all the way with that first soak or you can expect more when you wash for the first time?

sorry for this many questions, I am just very curious about all this and is dificult to get all the proper info at once

Thanks a lot for your help
September 28, 2010 @ 22:54:31
Just soaked ma Eternals smokeyface, they no longer stink like shit!
September 28, 2010 @ 22:56:29
Thanks a lot for your help. I am totally new to raw denim, I have a lot to learn abou it. So, you that , after washed it goes back to prewash measurement and stay that way for some time before they stretch again? this happens with regular jeans but it takes minutes to strectch again.

I been reading too about the firs soak/wash. The best thing to do is to hot soak at the beginning to shrink and then wash a few months after that, is that the way? why it has to be hot? is it going to shrink all the way with that first soak or you can expect more when you wash for the first time?

sorry for this many questions, I am just very curious about all this and is dificult to get all the proper info at once

Thanks a lot for your help

Because raw jeans are made of cotton they'll shrink up a good amount (unless they're sanforized - a treatment that prevents the jean from fading).Think of a cotton t-shirt that you wash for the first time and it shrinks up a good amount; it's the same principle. Raw jeans are normally cut a bit bigger to account for this.

The hotter the temperature of the soak the more the denim shrinks. You want to be sure that the soak is hot so that you get the maximum amount of shrinkage. Without the shrink when you go to wash them later all your fades will begin to shift and move along with the shrinkage and won't line up to where they were before.

Generally most jeans won't shrink all the way with the first soak but it will usually get most of it out which should be good enough to start wearing.

(I hope my lack of commas don't make it difficult to read. My comma key is broken. smh )
September 29, 2010 @ 02:09:06
no man, it
September 29, 2010 @ 14:08:07
^ Hottest water possible to get all the shrinkage out
October 01, 2010 @ 18:43:34

month ago?
chillin in mah eternals
October 04, 2010 @ 22:00:30
There's something about this particular pair of pictures that makes me LOVE to know that I wear Eternal Denim.

October 05, 2010 @ 15:39:10
I wish that red tab was still around..washed my pair, I think about two weeks ago? no soap though, so there wasn't much color loss, i need to get some.

IG - @SEANLEQUANG OG 2007 HB FINESSE

October 08, 2010 @ 19:53:49
^^ If only that fit was post-soak insteada pre-soak lol.

October 09, 2010 @ 15:49:08
Tech - idk how the fuck you faded your pair so quickly. I'm in my 9th or 10th month and I don't have anywhere near those kind of fades, these are stubborn as fuck
October 10, 2010 @ 13:47:00
10/10/10. Commence.

October 10, 2010 @ 17:11:14
anyone w/ a sz 30? how much did you leg opening shrink to after initial soaks/washes?

huzzah! 10/10/10
October 10, 2010 @ 20:10:36
^ Have fun guys. I would have gotten in on the contest, but there's no way I'll be able to wear 811's from now until practically 2013. I've already been wearing a pair since beginning of 2010 lol
October 15, 2010 @ 15:54:06
Im looking to buy a pair of 811s. I have bigger than average thighs. When I went TTS on a pair of Samurai 710s they were too tight and I needed to size up. Should I size up 1 on these or stay TTS?
October 15, 2010 @ 18:29:41
You should be fine on a TTS pair. I sized as such and they fit me just fine (I have pretty thick legs from lifting myself).
October 20, 2010 @ 22:02:05
Eternals 811 down 1 since 4/22

October 21, 2010 @ 17:21:36
^ mad nice my dude
October 24, 2010 @ 15:19:24
the fades are looking real good, got me excited for my contest pair!! no fit pic's as not on the golden 25 posts yet ;)
October 24, 2010 @ 19:40:48
I cannot achieve fading on my honeycombs. It's just not happening.
October 24, 2010 @ 19:52:22
You can give em a soak, dry em out a bit and wear them barely moist, and maybe it'll help.

IG - @SEANLEQUANG OG 2007 HB FINESSE

Please login first to reply.
x