Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
June 15, 2008 @ 02:37 AM
Althis

These looks so thick, stiff and huge. (seriously, no homo! wow) Almost painful to carry. Am I way off?

way off
June 15, 2008 @ 07:39 AM
corter

the thickness bothers some people at first. some of the redmoon stuff is pretty thick, and i think the flathead wallet is too. I'm pretty sure the studio d'artisan stuff is for some reason...i might be wrong. mine all depend on design, although i went to a class last night and learned a ton about construction, so they'll be thinner shortly.

they squish down a lot in the first month and mold to you a bit.
June 15, 2008 @ 11:45 PM
MonkeyFresh

all my goods from unlucky are finished, heres some pics he sent me

I REALLY can't wait to get these in! &)&)&)
June 16, 2008 @ 12:01 AM
MonkeyFresh

there isn't much difference in the hides. Horsehide is a little less porous than cowhide, meaning that it won't dye evenly (besides black) as easily, however it'll still age nicely. Care wise, they're both pretty much the same:

tan your piece, oil it. I usually suggest a paste like obenaufs heavy duty LP, as it contains oils and waxes to really protect the leather. as the leather warms up, the waxes will melt and evaporate instead of the moisture in the fibers of the leather, keeping it soft and healthy.

with wallets, i've only oiled mine 3 times since i've made it 9 months ago. the first 2 were right after i tanned it and 2 weeks later, the third was about 2 weeks ago with obenaufs to get some wax on there to keep away the summer humidity. your hands will provide plenty of oil through daily use.

with belts- i've had to oil mine once every 3 months or so, it tends to dry out because it's exposed in the back when i ride my bike, so it gets a lot of sun.

sound good? any other questions feel free to ask smile

thanks again for these tips corter, but i have some questions if you dont mind:
when you tan the leather goods, do you oil them first, or tan then oil right after while its still warm?
also, ive been reading on leather care, and how would you know if the leathers pores are too clogged with oil? i know to much oil is bad and can block moisture from escaping thus possibly rotting the leather
lemme know please and thanks smile
June 16, 2008 @ 09:49 AM
goatfacekillah

what are you tanning?? everything you just bought is BLACK

as for the oil, what i did was use a cotton swab and just put a thin, even coat over wallet. i waited a bit then i did another thin coat. turned out beautiful for me. use your judgment, just remember if you put too little, that can be fixed; too much and you're screwed.

EDIT: on another note, Eric, that thin wallet you posted on SuFu is CRAZY nice
June 16, 2008 @ 09:59 AM
MonkeyFresh

what are you tanning?? everything you just bought is BLACK

as for the oil, what i did was use a cotton swab and just put a thin, even coat over wallet. i waited a bit then i did another thin coat. turned out beautiful for me. use your judgment, just remember if you put too little, that can be fixed; too much and you're screwed.

EDIT: on another note, Eric, that thin wallet you posted on SuFu is CRAZY nice

haha so i guess ur only suppose to tan raw leather stuff huh? that makes sense lol
I see, ill buy some obanaufs and do that, ive read your suppose to apply oil after cleaning when the leather is still semi wet, so it soaks in evenly, but yea common sense is key lol ill make sure i dont put too much on
June 16, 2008 @ 10:03 AM
goatfacekillah

yeah, the wetness also softens up the leather a bit

and you tan the light wallets (like the ones posted above)

they tan like skin. you put them out in the sun w/ a bit of oil and they'll darken and look secksi.
June 16, 2008 @ 12:22 PM
corter

i think it's because i've made so many and i'm around them all the time, but all you really have to do is just take a bit of oil on a clean rag and rub it into the wallet, belt, etc. it'll look patchy at first, but the color will even out as the oil dries and soaks in. I prefer a paste because you can just use your hands and work it in, that's why i use obenaufs heavy lp most of the time.

Just don't baby it. The wallets not going to fall apart and the leather's not going to get messed up unless you put it in a pot of oil and let it sit for an hour or something!

Heres a couple I made yesterday, i've been redesigning things to make them nicer/cheaper. these are for sale pretty cheap if anyone wants em:

and a mid...

June 16, 2008 @ 03:22 PM
goatfacekillah

yup, those are the ones i was talkin about above
CRAZY nice

why couldn't you have those 5 months ago when i got my BxC?
LOL

would cop if i didn't have the bxc....good shit!
June 16, 2008 @ 03:55 PM
Crakaveli

how much is the bifold corter?
June 16, 2008 @ 08:53 PM
corter

yup, those are the ones i was talkin about above
CRAZY nice

why couldn't you have those 5 months ago when i got my BxC?
LOL

would cop if i didn't have the bxc....good shit!

lol, thanks man, sorry! my stuff is kind of always evolving and i'm doing more budget stuff (but higher quality, oddly enough) so it's affordable, but nice if not nicer than other stuff i've done.

crakaveli- pm'd you

edit- heres some evo of the leather stuff i carry every day

and belt:

June 20, 2008 @ 03:09 AM
corter

bXc on steroids:

June 26, 2008 @ 06:57 PM
Crakaveli

been trying to get a hold of corter but cant
June 26, 2008 @ 08:07 PM
corter

i've been emailing you and pming you, no good on that? i'll try again mate, sorry!
June 26, 2008 @ 08:14 PM
AntonyT

what do yall think of belt buckles? is that shit fail or what

someone on here prolly already asked but im too lazy to read through six pages
June 26, 2008 @ 08:16 PM
AntonyT

that's not the exact one, but it's similar....this one looks like shit
June 27, 2008 @ 01:00 AM
Crakaveli

i've been emailing you and pming you, no good on that? i'll try again mate, sorry!

this is really weird. i've only got 1 PM from you. haven't received any emails.
June 28, 2008 @ 06:46 PM
Crakaveli

getting a hold of corter has been nearly impossible
June 28, 2008 @ 07:39 PM
CaptKangaroo

Maybe try him on Sufu. I contacted him there when I bought something from him and he always replied quickly.
June 28, 2008 @ 11:08 PM
clou

getting a hold of corter has been nearly impossible

Weird. He replied to all my PMs quickly.
June 28, 2008 @ 11:36 PM
goatfacekillah

yeah, i had no problems with Corter

try his e-mail off his site?

btw
some quick pics of my belt:

June 29, 2008 @ 12:29 AM
Crakaveli

ive tried emailing from his site but he said he doesn't get them. oh well. maybe it's not meant to be.
June 29, 2008 @ 11:02 AM
corter

hey man, sorry i've been off my computer for a day helping a friend move apartments, i'll shoot you a pm back after i get out of work (i'm on my phone now and it's way too slow).
June 29, 2008 @ 02:04 PM
drewblocka

damn goat that makes me almost want the premium. but i think its still too much for me

Forum Administrator • @DREWKKAKE

June 30, 2008 @ 01:31 AM
goatfacekillah

get it
its worth it
August 1, 2008 @ 09:21 PM
Crakaveli

corter made this wallet and belt for me

www.flickr.com/photos/thisishome/2723359698/
August 3, 2008 @ 01:26 AM
MonkeyFresh

wait till i get the new stuff i just got commissioned... not from Corter, Unlucky, but o man... just wait &)smile
August 5, 2008 @ 02:06 PM
MonkeyFresh

Got some pics of my stuff, check it:
FH style wallet, slightly bigger dimensions in order to fit billz without having to fold &)

Belt loop keychain holders:

Custom PDA case for my new HTC Kaiser cool&)

I have yet to see pics the super thick cowhide belt and the Ipod case i had commisioned, but will post them when I have them smile
August 7, 2008 @ 05:40 PM
Crakaveli

brown belt doesn't fit me. i can't return it so i need to sell it. measures 43 1/2 inches. my waist is 37 inches and i can't even get to the first hole.

www.flickr.com/photos/thisishome/2723359698/
August 19, 2008 @ 12:12 AM
MonkeyFresh

here are the results of the matching set after tanning:
belt

wallet:

keychain holder:

the belt is EXTREMELY thick! and the wallet construction is &)&)&)

Please login first to reply.