January 14, 2009 @ 03:05 PM
MJUsher

Question from a short guy. Im around 5'2 and was thinking about buying a pair of nudies. I definately will need to get them hemmed, and Ive gotten my other jeans hemmed, but for nudies should I take some precautions? I wanna buy a pair of slim jims. SHould I do a "European hem"?
January 14, 2009 @ 05:46 PM
Technique

Hm..European hem? From the looks of it;

it doesn't look very appealing, and when the nudies fade, the crease might fade through giving a ugly line near the hem. I would keep the stacks, and let it fade, or regular hem and keep the left overs, although you might have to sacrifice the chain stitch that is already on the nudies.

IG - @CONSCIOUSONE OG 2007 HB FINESSE

January 14, 2009 @ 06:40 PM
dannyshred

^While not so visually appealing after a fade, the only reason for that hem is to keep the original hem and not cut it off. But if you dont care to keep the original hem then they will just hem it regularly
January 14, 2009 @ 06:48 PM
MJUsher

Why would I need to keep the "orginal" hem. I havent euro hemmed my other pants and they turned out fine, is there a need to? Does it provide some type of special mechanism?
^While not so visually appealing after a fade, the only reason for that hem is to keep the original hem and not cut it off. But if you dont care to keep the original hem then they will just hem it regularly
January 14, 2009 @ 06:52 PM
Technique

Just incase you get the infamous nudie crotch rip or need any other patching you can use it. You dont really need a euro hem, just hem that shit and youll be set. Special mechanism? haha, just go with a regular hem, dont make things harder for yourself.

January 14, 2009 @ 10:27 PM
MJUsher

K ive decided to buy a pair of nudies WOOT. I saw a pair of 30's at over the rainbow www.rainbowjeans.com/products.php?mc=shop&sc=Nudie

Im afraid though because when I would lift my leg, it would feel really tight and kind of pull my leg down.. What if they rip around the thigh or knee area, is it common for slim jims? Maybe I should go for a different pair?

They were also really tight around the crotch area, will they stretch>
January 14, 2009 @ 10:40 PM
ptoing

holy shit for 250$ thats a steal. thanks for the heads up bro
January 14, 2009 @ 11:46 PM
only cure

^ I lol'd

http://omgadamho.tumblr.com/ http://cargocollective.com/adamho

January 15, 2009 @ 04:55 PM
inthemiX

dawg I was looking around and i saw you had a pair of evisuxpumas, and now you want the RR predistressed. the RR's have a nice cut, but you could do much better with the money you want to spend(assuming around 25).

Self Edge x Real Blue Japan 103BSP sz.34x37 NEW WITH TAGS http://hypebeast.com/forums/apparel/198628

January 15, 2009 @ 05:08 PM
Famou$

I bought a pair of Slim Jims recently (first pair of raw denim) and I liked how they fit at first but now I feel like they look too skater for me. I wanted to move towards slimmer fitting jeans but since I played sports all my life I have athletic thighs and the Slim Jims just aren't working out for me. How's the Regular Ralf in terms of tightness compared to the Slim Jims? I don't want them to be too relaxed nor do I want it to be too tight.
January 15, 2009 @ 06:10 PM
MJUsher

actually I want the slim jims, dunno why it directs to the regular alf. if you click to the right, it will show up as 165
dawg I was looking around and i saw you had a pair of evisuxpumas, and now you want the RR predistressed. the RR's have a nice cut, but you could do much better with the money you want to spend(assuming around 25).
January 15, 2009 @ 06:23 PM
January 15, 2009 @ 11:03 PM
ricky tan

whats the fit closest to APC NS's?

hung 10 never surfed

January 16, 2009 @ 10:07 AM
winter

NS - average joe or even steven

NC - grim tim or if u size down heaps maybe even a thin finn

rescue - regular ralf or bootcut barry

...i think? haha
January 16, 2009 @ 04:58 PM
justsomedude

just picked up a couple pairs of the slim jim's in 31.

for some reason, the dry's seem to be baggier then the other pair.

justsomedude.us

January 16, 2009 @ 09:19 PM
RichyNguyen

Nice thread, been reading the first couple of pages.
January 17, 2009 @ 12:18 AM
justsomedude

isn't that because they're raw?

i have no idea. ive always thought that raw denim was the same if not slimmer then normal b/c they would have to be worn in? still love them though.

justsomedude.us

January 20, 2009 @ 03:20 PM
ktan09

I spilled juice on my Nudies sad and from previous experience on my Average Joe's, when I threw them in the wash INSIDE OUT they shrunk. They still fit but they're a little looser than spandex, so I bought myself another pair and spilled juice on them. How do I clean it without having the Nudies shrink?

Thanks.
January 20, 2009 @ 04:41 PM
Cazemm

at ktan09
Just dab it with a wet cloth or something.. unless it's a lot of juice. I spilt a little coke on mine and just wiped it off. Read the forums, you'll learn that you don't need to wash your jeans all the time.

They'll feel tight just after you've just washed them but they'll stretch out.
January 20, 2009 @ 08:53 PM
OneEyeWilly

to all the nudie owners. chalk me as another member of the crotch rip club. if you guys remember one post out of my 1k+ remember this one. Get your crotch re-enfoced a.s.a.p.

Had these since may and they ripped right before thanksgiving. No soaks or anything. Wore em alot but they ripped during alittle scooter incident. lol video coming soon. this sucks because i really loved these jeans and they were my first pair of raw denim. so long grim tims...

January 20, 2009 @ 08:55 PM
only cure

damn that must suck.

http://omgadamho.tumblr.com/ http://cargocollective.com/adamho

January 20, 2009 @ 08:55 PM
Sarcaustic

A little scooter incident?

What'd you do? Fall off and do the splits?
January 20, 2009 @ 08:58 PM
Technique

Maybe you can send those photos to nudie via email directly and see if they can do anything about, like sending a new pair. You never know...thats a pretty disastrous rip.

January 20, 2009 @ 09:04 PM
bape321

lol
that shit is horrid
yea
nudies really do suck
i cant wait till i get my doirs tapered so i can get rid of my nudies
lol
January 20, 2009 @ 09:07 PM
OneEyeWilly

A little scooter incident?

What'd you do? Fall off and do the splits?

Maybe you can send those photos to nudie via email directly and see if they can do anything about, like sending a new pair. You never know...thats a pretty disastrous rip.

Acquisition X lol something along those lines. The story is i was riding a scooter up and down the hallways of my dorm and my next door neighbor (smoking hot btw) stood in the middle of the hallway as i was riding and she said she wasnt moving. She told me i would stop because i knew better and i told her next time i come down the hallway i wasnt stopping and if she was in the way she would get owned. (We were both pretty fucked up at this time.)

Lets just say we both kept true to our word and i owned her. Were on the ground laughing and i feel this breeze shoot up to my dumplings. I look down and my shits were shredded lol. And only cure it did suck bad but its a funny ass story and video now.

Technique i already got new jeans so i wouldnt even bother but thx for the advice. And now ill never get on a scooter ever again when im drunk/high...

edit:btw for those orange spots or w/e those are from my cam not on my jeans. my camera sucks donkey dick
January 20, 2009 @ 09:27 PM
Sarcaustic

Ah, ok. I was expecting a more painful story. smile
January 21, 2009 @ 07:45 AM
highwayone-st

thats hardcore
January 21, 2009 @ 07:53 AM
highwayone-st

any legit online sources to get nudies? and a good price!!!smile
January 21, 2009 @ 10:40 AM
Technique