Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
March 15, 2009 @ 04:34 AM
lukenstein

no keep wearing them
March 15, 2009 @ 07:08 PM
gio

So, It's almost time for me to get a pair of Dukes. Measured waist I'm a 29 so I'm thinking of getting true to size (Tagged 29). I'm 120 5'10...Yeah I know razz

Looking for a fit like Acquisition X:

Check the thread in my sig smile
March 19, 2009 @ 05:35 AM
HeatHunter881

Damn, I have been wearing my Kings for like 4-5 days -- I am size 34, bought a 33 They are STILL SO TIGHT on the waist, and I feel like I am doing damage to the waist/button hole by forcing the button into such a tug-of-war position.

How long until they loosen up on the waist? Am I screwed?

i'm in the same boat. my true waist is a 32 but i like the sag look and i gained some weight recently so i'm more like a 33 now. the waist fits coo if i don't drag it down to my pelvis, but if i sag it the waist becomes more uncomfortable. i presume this will stretch if i wear it daily but will it stretch enough?

i'm thinking about having this hemmed too since it has that slight bootcut. keep it LVC style with the 8.5 hem or should i go bigger with the 9?
March 19, 2009 @ 01:18 PM
kickgame

Any updates on the SEXI08s?

ugh, these are goin to be so long of a wait ...
March 19, 2009 @ 04:21 PM
FreshWang03

i'm in the same boat. my true waist is a 32 but i like the sag look and i gained some weight recently so i'm more like a 33 now. the waist fits coo if i don't drag it down to my pelvis, but if i sag it the waist becomes more uncomfortable. i presume this will stretch if i wear it daily but will it stretch enough?

i'm thinking about having this hemmed too since it has that slight bootcut. keep it LVC style with the 8.5 hem or should i go bigger with the 9?

the waist will definitely stretch. I've rocked mine for about a month now and i'd say the waist has stretched about an inch total.

and since its kings and u don't like the bootcut, do wat i did with my kings: I had em tapered from knee down to fit like dukes. Leg opening is now 7 and 3/4 inches, from 9 inches previously. I wear a size 30 btw.
March 20, 2009 @ 12:19 AM
HeatHunter881

the waist will definitely stretch. I've rocked mine for about a month now and i'd say the waist has stretched about an inch total.

and since its kings and u don't like the bootcut, do wat i did with my kings: I had em tapered from knee down to fit like dukes. Leg opening is now 7 and 3/4 inches, from 9 inches previously. I wear a size 30 btw.

yeah, im thinking about tapering them down. i doubt i'll taper it down to fit like the duke but something like the lvc or something slightly wider hem would fit my taste. i want more of a straight leg anyway.
March 21, 2009 @ 02:51 AM
Replicant

I just recently copped a pair of imps one size bigger than my usual (they were on sale).

Can anyone recommend a good way to shrink them without having the colour fade too much?

March 22, 2009 @ 05:21 PM
EMU OG

Alright guys time for me to contribute. How do you guys like the fit?

Thats a really nice baggy fit. >sad
March 24, 2009 @ 03:51 PM
TwiceAsHard

It's been about two weeks since I had them but this is the first wear picture taken a couple weeks back.
Shearers sized one down (Shearers because of the big thigh and I play soccer every fucking day all day so my thighs are kinda big and muscular |0)
March 24, 2009 @ 04:55 PM
FreshWang03

looks good, stacking must've settled down a bit by now right?
March 24, 2009 @ 05:11 PM
Hobbes.

Pretty rare to see fit pics of Shearers, but those look great imo. Wishing I had the dough to pick up a pair of Imperials.
March 24, 2009 @ 07:25 PM
TwiceAsHard

looks good, stacking must've settled down a bit by now right?

for the most part yeah. ill post another fit pic soon
March 24, 2009 @ 07:48 PM
sneakerboy34

It's been about two weeks since I had them but this is the first wear picture taken a couple weeks back.
Shearers sized one down (Shearers because of the big thigh and I play soccer every fucking day all day so my thighs are kinda big and muscular |0)

im the same way as you i play football and do lots of squats and leg stuff so my thighs are kinda big too, so shearers have a bigger thigh? and i dont want my stacks to be like throught the whole leg or will they settle down after a while, thanks
March 24, 2009 @ 08:03 PM
TwiceAsHard

yeah like i play a lot of soccer (everyday i have training and weightlifting and on top of that i play indoor some of those days as well)

but the thighs are bigger than the dukes and the stacks do settle out.
March 26, 2009 @ 02:00 AM
zidane88

washing
I'm just got my shearer and im curious how to wash them and when is the best time ?..
March 26, 2009 @ 07:35 AM
only cure

rule of thumb is to wash them in 6 months. dont soak/wash them immediately, wear em out first

http://omgadamho.tumblr.com/ http://cargocollective.com/adamho

March 26, 2009 @ 07:52 AM
zidane88

rule of thumb is to wash them in 6 months. dont soak/wash them immediately, wear em out first

Alrite. Can i use detergent when i wash it or just plain water when i put into washing machine?..
March 27, 2009 @ 06:49 PM
goldengoose

hey guys im planning on getting a pair of imperial shearers
i have pretty muscular thighs so i think this is the perfect fit more me.
how should i size these?
March 27, 2009 @ 10:56 PM
Hobbes.

how should i size these?

From what I can tell you should buy your normal size. I.e you wear 30's in other jeans, buy 30's. Should ask Kiya (Selfedge) though.
March 27, 2009 @ 11:14 PM
HF

Denims is dope. Did you add those tear marks yourself?
March 27, 2009 @ 11:48 PM
Huy

No, I did not add those myself.
March 28, 2009 @ 01:47 PM
Sarcaustic

Alrite. Can i use detergent when i wash it or just plain water when i put into washing machine?..

You can check out the denim care thread for information like this. Just do a little research before you ask because someone's most likely asked the same question before. smile

how should i size these?

Personally, I don't think you should get Shearers just because you have muscular thighs and the jeans have more room on the thighs.

The shape of your body is important when buying jeans, but I think you should also think about the cut of the jeans. Have you factored in the tapered leg opening and the higher rise of the Shearers?

Consider Dukes because I've owned both Shearers and Dukes, and I definitely enjoy the cut of the Dukes much more. I sold my Shearers to my friend, and he's actually thinking about selling them too because he also doesn't like the cut.

There's nothing wrong with Shearers, but what I'm trying to say is look past the facts that your thighs are muscular and the Shearers have roomier thighs. Because when buying a nice pair of jeans, you should look a bit more into it than that.

Go on the Selfedge ( www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=33 ) website and compare the two.

Good luck. smile

Denims is dope. Did you add those tear marks yourself?

I think Huy's been wearing them for more or less than 13 months, so it's the natural wear doing the tearing.
March 28, 2009 @ 02:28 PM
McTease

Welcome back.
March 28, 2009 @ 03:37 PM
Sarcaustic

Welcome back.

Thanks. smile
March 29, 2009 @ 12:08 AM
Joe_

TwiceAsHard

dope fit

thats pretty much how my shearers fit but i sag a touch more
March 30, 2009 @ 12:51 PM
DEJOUR

HUY
what more could you ask for in a pair of jeans...they fit perfect..the combs R &)
March 30, 2009 @ 05:31 PM
TwiceAsHard

TwiceAsHard

dope fit

thats pretty much how my shearers fit but i sag a touch more

i sag more now. that was the first fit.
March 30, 2009 @ 05:33 PM
TwiceAsHard

Thanks. smile

yeah welcome back.
you hating on my choice lol?
i seeked your help.
March 30, 2009 @ 09:59 PM
Sarcaustic

yeah welcome back.
you hating on my choice lol?
i seeked your help.

Lol, thanks. Nah, not hating on your choice. Just a simple preference; it just felt weird to me when the lower leg was tapered and slim, but thigh had more room.

They look good on you though. And yeah, I was gone from HB for a bit. Been busy.
April 2, 2009 @ 11:41 PM
Sarcaustic

Please login first to reply.