Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
December 11, 2010 @ 10:57 AM
eupho

hey guyz

I got the 5507 in size 30. I'd like to buy a pair of 5010 but I'm wondering if I have to take the same size or to size up?

thank you.
December 11, 2010 @ 11:39 AM
infiniteme

i actually regret tapering mine, it made the selvedge wide and rather ugly... so it loses some points in that regard. but atleast he knows better than to cut the selvedge off (without me telling him not to) like most places would do.

again, i have no regrets of tapering the jeans the way it was done. if it's done then it's done

i'm not gonna QQ over it nor is there a need to. try and read exactly what i said in my last post before you make another remark. i'm not planning to repeat myself.

and also, just fyi. a ticket to LA from Vancouver is more expensive than buying a new pair of Skulls and altering them again. food for thought

so you do your thing and i'll do mine. i dgaf

I wasn't telling you what to do. I was offering a suggestion based on your quote above that you regretted tapering your jeans. Also, I wasn't suggesting that you fly to LA from Vancouver to get the jeans tapered, that would be way too expensive. Denim Doctors at Hollywood Trading Company accepts mail-ins for alterations.

You are right, what's done is done. It's more trouble than it is worth to undo what's been done to yours and then do it again differently. My advice was meant more for the next time you are considering having jeans tapered.
December 11, 2010 @ 11:41 AM
infiniteme

hey guyz

I got the 5507 in size 30. I'd like to buy a pair of 5010 but I'm wondering if I have to take the same size or to size up?

thank you.

I've owned both models before, I would get the same size in both.
December 11, 2010 @ 01:42 PM
eupho

ok thanks ;)
December 11, 2010 @ 02:23 PM
jaded

I have a pair but haven't had a chance to do fit pics. I'll try to do some if I get a chance. In the meantime, here is a fit pic of those jeans from the Self Edge website.

off topic, but does anyone know what the boots are in this pic? I like that color.

i'm the best mayne, i deed it

December 11, 2010 @ 02:45 PM
Wurldwide

I wasn't telling you what to do. I was offering a suggestion based on your quote above that you regretted tapering your jeans. Also, I wasn't suggesting that you fly to LA from Vancouver to get the jeans tapered, that would be way too expensive. Denim Doctors at Hollywood Trading Company accepts mail-ins for alterations.

You are right, what's done is done. It's more trouble than it is worth to undo what's been done to yours and then do it again differently. My advice was meant more for the next time you are considering having jeans tapered.

lol i over exaggerated in my first post, again, i don't regret it since i wear them almost everyday still. thanks for the concern/advice.
December 11, 2010 @ 03:20 PM
tmwtg

Whoever Albert is, he would have had to tailor through the inseam, not the outseam, to leave the selvage untouched. If you taper on the outseam, you have to either make the selvage line wider or remove part of it.

Yep.

I learned this lesson the hard way. Luckily, it was a pair of APCs I tapered.

Note for those who want to taper - Tell your tailor to taper from the inside seam (inseam), so you selvage doesn't get wide and ugly as fuck.

Some tailors will charge more, but rather pay more for a perfect job.
December 11, 2010 @ 03:55 PM
infiniteme

lol i over exaggerated in my first post, again, i don't regret it since i wear them almost everyday still. thanks for the concern/advice.

No problem. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for your taper job? I know Denim Doctors charges $45 for that, I just wanted to see if their pricing is in line with other tailors.
December 11, 2010 @ 06:13 PM
Wurldwide

No problem. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay for your taper job? I know Denim Doctors charges $45 for that, I just wanted to see if their pricing is in line with other tailors.

25 for hem and tapering. trust me, he knows what he's doing. hell he even offers chainstitching, i just didn't ask for any of that. all the denim stores recommend him over anyone else in town.
December 11, 2010 @ 07:40 PM
Ma Duce

fit is on point airfred

lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

December 11, 2010 @ 08:00 PM
Sir_Fred

Thanks man how are yours coming along??

Instagram: @Sir_Fred Tumblr: airfred.tumblr.com

December 11, 2010 @ 10:12 PM
infiniteme

25 for hem and tapering. trust me, he knows what he's doing. hell he even offers chainstitching, i just didn't ask for any of that. all the denim stores recommend him over anyone else in town.

That's a good price. Most places out here cost $25 for just chainstitch hemming alone.
December 12, 2010 @ 09:18 AM
noogsahoy

December 12, 2010 @ 04:10 PM
Chambo

off topic, but does anyone know what the boots are in this pic? I like that color.

you have to think that those pic's are really old, kiya is proberly the best person to ask unless sidney lo is on hypebeast

my guess is the wings and horns service boots which were $400-500
December 12, 2010 @ 04:58 PM
zeezyo

fit is great airfred

X

December 14, 2010 @ 06:45 PM
SupraRZ

A presoak probably would've been a great idea.
I washed, and my creases moved quite a bit, now it looks awkward.
It wasn't even a hot wash, just a cold.
Most of you guys might be fucked if you didn't presoak.
December 14, 2010 @ 09:25 PM
Ma Duce

Thanks man how are yours coming along??

they're looking pretty good. i only ride in mine now so they've been getting a lot of wear. recently repaired the crotch blowout

lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.

December 14, 2010 @ 09:54 PM
alecsayss510

5010xx went TTS 30, about a month of wear

add me on steam: LITTERLYFE ////// CS: GO....Global Elite

December 15, 2010 @ 04:53 PM
Chambo

fit is looking good started wearing my blacks at night now..
December 16, 2010 @ 12:46 AM
Wurldwide

post hot soak, tts 32 hemmed 2 inches and 2 inch tapered... a bit tighter than usual. colour is pretty true but ignore the navy shoes, just slipped them on real quick.

December 16, 2010 @ 02:26 PM
soap

can anyone comment on the new skulls that have had the old ones ?
December 17, 2010 @ 02:52 AM
infiniteme

can anyone comment on the new skulls that have had the old ones ?

I didn't have them both at the same time, so I have to go off of memory, but I think the new denim is smoother.
December 18, 2010 @ 07:55 AM
soap

how about color and fading wise? i really like the old denim and don't want to get the new ones and end up not being happy with em
December 18, 2010 @ 10:22 AM
infiniteme

how about color and fading wise? i really like the old denim and don't want to get the new ones and end up not being happy with em

For fades, I couldn't say. I ended up selling my old denim Skulls before I ever had a chance to wear them, and I haven't gotten around to wearing my new denim Skulls yet.

The raw color looks about the same between the two, at least from what I can remember of my old denim Skulls.
December 18, 2010 @ 09:09 PM
SupraRZ

Talked to Gordon thursday, concerning kiya's post before about them possibly ending production.
Fab Four will continue producing the 5010’s and we do have plans to restock them once the new production commences which will possibly start around the end of Feb or so, just not sure exact date at this point. In the meantime they’ve released a new style made of the same 5010 6x6 denim with a slight change to the fit and details. We’ve ordered these as well and expect them to arrive around the end of this month or early-mid Jan.

Regards,

Gordon
December 19, 2010 @ 12:10 PM
infiniteme

Talked to Gordon thursday, concerning kiya's post before about them possibly ending production.

Yeah, I had heard that Skull was going under, but it looks like they will at least be around long enough to make that new Zero model.
December 30, 2010 @ 03:39 AM
fatbro

My TTS waist is 31.5.

I'm thinking of buying a used pair of 5010xx's. They're sz. 30, been worn for a year. Have they stretched out enough to fit me comfortably?
December 30, 2010 @ 09:26 AM
Corkscrew

gordon told me the new production of skulls will be ready sometime this spring
December 30, 2010 @ 12:02 PM
tomoffin

My TTS waist is 31.5.

I'm thinking of buying a used pair of 5010xx's. They're sz. 30, been worn for a year. Have they stretched out enough to fit me comfortably?

Most likely after a wash they could be too tight for you.. I bought true to size myself when I got mine and they were really tight at first, so personally I don't recommend sizing down. But to each his own I guess..
December 30, 2010 @ 02:16 PM
infiniteme

Most likely after a wash they could be too tight for you.. I bought true to size myself when I got mine and they were really tight at first, so personally I don't recommend sizing down. But to each his own I guess..

I think they fit different people differently. I bought TTS on my first pair of Skulls, and they were loose in the waist. I sized down 1 on my second pair, and they fit a lot better.

Please login first to reply.