Free Worldwide Shipping on Orders Over $150.00 USD or more - Use Code: HBSHIP150
January 20, 2008 @ 04:22 PM
scoobaru07

Hey i was looking for a pair of Sugar Canes. How do they fit? I'm looking for a more relaxed/little baggy sort of fit but they seem like they have more of a straight fit going on. any where besides self edge and blue green?
January 20, 2008 @ 05:46 PM
24 Carrots

If you are looking for relaxed/baggy, Sugarcane is the way to go. Roomy all the way down. More of an anti-fit really. As for availability, SE would probably be the best bet.
January 20, 2008 @ 06:37 PM
Drebrooklyn

sugarcane's pretty fit like various levi's models bascally
January 20, 2008 @ 06:53 PM
scoobaru07

But at SE all of their Sugar Cane's are straight fit. They don't have much of a selection either. i wanted the okinawa's at first but the thread that asked about it said that they were pretty straight fit and not baggy at all. You guys suggest any particular fit? Their website doesn't help much on fitting or anything.
January 20, 2008 @ 10:00 PM
skidknee

Okinawa's are straight legged, but they look really fucking good and the quality is unique from any other type of jean out there.

Try the union star it's a bit more relaxed.
January 20, 2008 @ 10:45 PM
kdiddy

I prefer the 1947s myself. Straight leg, not baggy, but not slim. It really depends on how you size them though, I sized down on mine.
January 20, 2008 @ 11:00 PM
scoobaru07

My legs are a little big for my size because i used to be a defensive lineman. Not to say i was huge, but the legs got the most attention and build. So i really can't wear a straight fit because i like more of a relaxed fit. Are the union stars my only option?
as far as denim goes, i've really only done primarily evisu's and a couple nudie's.
I love evisu's (simple ones) but it seems with all the Euro edition crap and so much #3s being produced they don't do as much of their premium stuff anymore.
i just got a pair of evisu deluxe's so i'm expecting those to be dam good for the things i read.

I'll check out those Union stars. How about the 1947's?
January 20, 2008 @ 11:13 PM
kdiddy

Honestly, your best best is the check out BIG's measurement guide, measure some jeans you own that fit the way you like and go from there. If you order here in the states, most places will allow returns and exchanges. Since there isn't a lot of nice denim available in my area, I've had to go through some serious trail and error myself.
January 20, 2008 @ 11:19 PM
scoobaru07

Honestly, your best best is the check out BIG's measurement guide, measure some jeans you own that fit the way you like and go from there. If you order here in the states, most places will allow returns and exchanges. Since there isn't a lot of nice denim available in my area, I've had to go through some serious trail and error myself.

I read you brotha, thanks. I have to get some measurements down then.

On a side note, i know this is sort of off topic, but how good are the quality on Bape jeans?

I know personally the shirts are very good quality, the price is debatable i know, but how about the denim? They are made on shuttle looms but are they quality? i get 50/50 when talking to people about it. too many biased opinions as a result of over hype. what do you guys think?
January 21, 2008 @ 01:47 AM
camthraxFHK

^^^ Some icecream jeans have some cool features. I hate that I admit to that.
January 21, 2008 @ 03:01 AM
kiya

But at SE all of their Sugar Cane's are straight fit. They don't have much of a selection either. i wanted the okinawa's at first but the thread that asked about it said that they were pretty straight fit and not baggy at all. You guys suggest any particular fit? Their website doesn't help much on fitting or anything.

They make two fits, straight leg and bootcut.
Straight leg:
Okinawa
40601 Hand Loom Style
Hawaii

bootcut:
Rodeoman 431

Our own model, the ONLY slim jean they make:
SEXSC02

Honestly, we have the largest and most comprehensive collection of Sugar Cane jeans, belts, and shirts in the world.
January 21, 2008 @ 02:50 PM
scoobaru07

They make two fits, straight leg and bootcut.
Straight leg:
Okinawa
40601 Hand Loom Style
Hawaii

bootcut:
Rodeoman 431

Our own model, the ONLY slim jean they make:
SEXSC02

Honestly, we have the largest and most comprehensive collection of Sugar Cane jeans, belts, and shirts in the world.

Alright i figured out the measurements and the Okinawa's should fit me. On SelfEdge.com it says that the okinawa's run 2 sizes small, but on Blueingreen.com they say it run's true to size. I'm a 35-36 and like about a 13-14 thigh measurement. What size should i get a 36 or a 38?
January 21, 2008 @ 03:52 PM
kiya

Alright i figured out the measurements and the Okinawa's should fit me. On SelfEdge.com it says that the okinawa's run 2 sizes small, but on Blueingreen.com they say it run's true to size. I'm a 35-36 and like about a 13-14 thigh measurement. What size should i get a 36 or a 38?

Get a size 36..
We offer free shipping and if they don't fit you can exchange them for a larger size.
January 21, 2008 @ 08:17 PM
scoobaru07

Get a size 36..
We offer free shipping and if they don't fit you can exchange them for a larger size.

Alright. One last question, how much more thigh space or more of a relxed fit are the union stars compared to the okinawa's?
January 26, 2008 @ 03:03 PM
scoobaru07

Alright so i got my Okinawa's and i couldn't be happier. Perfect fit and my legs fit great with just enough room. Great buy, thanks for the help guys. I'm actually looking for another pair, i was going evisu, but the Sugar Canes are so great i'm going to cop another one of those instead. i was thinking union stars or Hawaii's. Any experiences or opinions on those?
January 26, 2008 @ 05:19 PM
kdiddy

You should post fit pics in the fit thread.
May 24, 2008 @ 12:52 PM
kiya

Couldn't find an official Sugar Cane thread.. somebody want to start one?

Sugar Cane Natural Indigo Summer Shirts
Just got in three selvedge short sleeve button down shirts from Sugar Cane, all dyed with 100% natural indigo.
It's rare that we get natural indigo shirts in here so we're trying our best to get more into the store because we love the way it ages, just like denim..

Two are half buttoned while the third is snap buttons all the way down.
All three shirts are now available in-store and in our online store.

More info, photos, and specs:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65

July 7, 2008 @ 07:11 PM
kiya

Sugar Cane Hand Loomed Style
Worn for 6 months, every day.
Washed 12 times, every two weeks.

Photos by SidneyLo
July 7, 2008 @ 09:57 PM
kickpush

the different shades on the mini pocket are my favorite detail.

can't wait to have some progress on my sexsc02s...
July 19, 2008 @ 03:30 PM
kickpush

haven't had these long, id say maybe 2 and half to three weeks. Since this is pretty much the sugar cane thread, thought i'd share. First two are just some macros of the jeans cause the details are nice. Last picture is wear from about a full week. Haven't worn these a lot because walking to class is a bitch in the summer.
sexsc02:

July 20, 2008 @ 02:10 AM

Inactive

can you imagine wearing one of those shirts everyday so it fades?

epic armpit sweat fades ftl...lul
September 6, 2008 @ 02:12 PM
kiya

Sugar Cane Leather Wallets & Belts

The fall collection of Sugar Cane leathers just came in..
Tan and Black belts in both classic and studded versions are available again, these sell out quite fast and we're only able to get them twice a year... A great quality belt with classic styling.

Also in are these new Sugar Cane wallets with great quality leather, and an inner snap pocket enclosure.

All these items including a full restock of the Hawaii, Okinawa, 1966, and 1947 are now available in-store and via the online store. Check the online store for more information and photos:

October 20, 2008 @ 08:45 PM
kiya

Sugar Cane Fall & Outdoor Collection

Sugar Cane brings us four new pieces for this month... Two denim shirts made of nice soft pliable denim in purple and light blue and two Wool Buffalo Check Shirt Jackets in blue and red.

We had these denim shirts last year and they sold out before they hit the online store mainly due to the fact that seeing denim shirts in this style in these colors is quite rare.

The Wool Buffalo Check Shirt Jackets are made in a 1930's style complete with super heavy duty worsted wool in a classic plaid, two open-top pockets, red chainstitching, bakelite style buttons, and authentic labeling.

Diesel especially loves the purple denim shirt and the red wool shirt jacket. You can't deny his love for well made work-wear.

These four shirts are now available in our online store, check the store for more photos and specs.

November 15, 2008 @ 10:19 PM
kiya

Sugar Cane Orange Sun Sawtooth Western Flannel Shirt

Sugar Cane hangs onto the summer sun with a beautiful new sawtooth design flannel shirt with a great color.

The magical hands of TOYO have put this together for a late Fall delivery due to the heavier than usual weight of this flannel compared to other TOYO produced flannels.

This shirt is now available in our online store along with a complete restock of all of Sugar Cane's jeans:

Photos by Sidney Lo.:

November 16, 2008 @ 03:04 AM
waytoogojustin

kiya whats the sizing on 1955 sugar canes
size up or size down?
April 14, 2009 @ 02:43 PM
kiya

Sugar Cane Recycled Denim Sweet Jeans

In conventional jean production the excess fabric from the cutting room is discarded, Sugar Cane has taken this fabric and macerated it and spun it back into yard which is then used to produce the denim.
The recycled yarn is used as the weft (fill) thread while the warp is unused pure indigo dyed 50/50 (sugarcane/cotton) blend yarn.

The aging on these jeans is sure to be phenomenal, the denim in it's raw state is something that's new to us, a deep dark indigo color with some slub, but under bright light you can tell the weft threads are definitely different than your usual indigo denim.

These are extremely limited in production and only available at Self Edge outside of Japan. They are only produced in even sizes and once sold out there will be no restocks.

April 14, 2009 @ 06:08 PM
deetXpeep

Those are so dope. I really want to get a pair. Is SE the only place in the us thats getting them??
April 14, 2009 @ 08:46 PM
CHEEP

kiya, those look great. how much?
April 15, 2009 @ 03:02 AM
kiya

Yup, those are a Self Edge US exclusive..

Cheep, if you really want a pair PM me, i'll hook it up.
April 15, 2009 @ 08:52 AM
deetXpeep

How slubby are those??

Please login first to reply.