January 20, 2008 @ 01:54 PM
alexbodkinb

i got a new dog a few days ago

on the way home, he puked on my acnes
i bought them in may and they had one soak on the first day and that's it.

i took a few pics without flash to show how they faded, but it got all blurry. basically, look at the pics, imagine it a bit better, and there you go.
acne's aren't necessarily known for great fading, but I think I did an alright job.

you can see the dog puke on the top right of the pic. theres fades/whiskers going down the inside of each leg, but i guess i cropped it out/it didnt show with the light coming in from above? i dunno.

those shadows around the knee are actually where pretty darn good fades are.

havn't worn them since the puke incident, so these arent too hot, but if you saw them irl you could see the fades. they arent too great either way though

no wallet inside, and it looks sweeter in real life. but again, not the mo faded either way.

anyways,
im not too sure whether or not i really want to wash them.
so, the questions are:
how do i wash out puke without rubbing out a bunch of die?
if that's not possible, what would be the best way to wash them with minimal shrinkage (up and in) with max fading?

thanks
January 20, 2008 @ 02:43 PM
ice13water

their ready for a wash imo. try using ice and scrubbing like that u only get a small amount of water on the jeans
January 20, 2008 @ 03:31 PM
brynw

they are just jeans. you can wash them. dont sacrifice personal cleanliness for sW33t fadez
January 20, 2008 @ 04:47 PM
alexbodkinb

don't get all "hesh foreva, fading is teh gayz!" on me. you do know that you're posting in a denim forum? I would be lying if i said i didn't spend this kind of money on pants at least partially for the fades.

anyways, i figure i will probably just wash them either way. they've done me well for the past 3/4 of a year, so I'm sure I'll like them just the same after they come out.

soo then... cold wash, no soap... inside out? yay nay?
January 20, 2008 @ 06:53 PM
alexbodkinb

correct me if i'm wrong, but hot soak = more shrink,
which, as i stated earlier, i don't really want at all since I like the fit of the jeans right now.

and i just figured soap would fuck it up, but i guess not
January 20, 2008 @ 06:58 PM
Witts

i wouldnt bother washing?

but if you must just put them on a cool wash....

PROCLUBXL.COM

January 20, 2008 @ 07:07 PM
alexbodkinb

i think i've decided on washing. i mean, it is puke, and it has been 9 months of wear about 3-4 times a week. maybe more.

i think i'll follow the nudie video and just do it inside out, 60 degrees or whatever that equates to, andddd soap with no bleach.
cool. i'll post pics when they're done probably.
January 20, 2008 @ 07:34 PM
soleFLY

maybe the puke will leave a beautifully distinguished fade if u wash them
January 21, 2008 @ 04:00 PM
alexbodkinb

don't be an elitist dick just because i asked a question. it's not like i was going to let the puke sit there and rot.
And don't act like any of the people on this forum are buying denim so that it won't have good fades. i'm not putting money into jeans just to have them fuck up.

oh, and i washed them and they turned out great, thank you very much.
January 21, 2008 @ 05:40 PM
Lifted.

just wash em. thats kinda nasty
January 21, 2008 @ 09:54 PM
Deemy

Well, I thought you were going to show us the results?

Please login first to reply.